The Eye of the Storm II (Sandstorm, Peaked 207)

Hello everyone, welcome to my first RMT. Finally after about of month of making changes, I've finally got a good team. This team has peaked at 207, and I've used it to beat some people ranked as highly as 16th. I still feel like it's missing something though, I just can't tell what. Any suggestions are welcome, so far the most notable weakness to my team is skarmory, and sometimes I see the need for a phazer if I let something set up. Anyways here's the overview of my team. Changes have been marked in BOLD.

Ideas I wanted to Base my Team Around
After reading Kevin Garrets RMT, Solum's Core, I too decided that I wanted to base my team around a common status problem. With Garchomps recent move down to OU, I decided to make a team around him. I've never been thrilled about Scarfchomp, I dislike Choice Items in general, especially when I wanted to have him be the main sweeper. With his ability Sand Veil and inspiration from KGs RMT, I wanted to use a Sub set. Paralysis support was obviously the best type of status to use with it, mixed with Sand Veil his chances of getting a free sub are (20% miss + 25% they wont move, and then the moves accuracy ontop of that) roughly 50%, and he has 4 oppurtunities to Sub. Now that my team was going to be based around Paralysis. The following team is made to be a team based around Sandstorm and Paralysis.

Team Building Process

I wanted to build a team around Excadrill and Garchomp. They're both very powerful sandstorm sweepers, so I obviously was going to go with a Sandstorm team.

Next up, the sand was needed. I chose Hippowdon over Tyranitar due to it's typing. I hate Tyranitar's typing. It seems that just about everything is super effective to it. I had used Hippowdon as my lead on previous teams, and it had functioned well. Access to roar, SR, and a recovery move in the form of Slack Off, I feel this poke is just a better lead for sandstorm teams.

Next up, I needed a support pokemon. After reading KG's Solum's Core RMT, I agreed that spreading status was the way to go. Blissey is a great defensive pokemon and can sponge all the special attacks that that SS teams are usually weak to, and it has access to T-Wave, which is great for Garchomp support.

Next up, I wanted to have a counter to the omni-present fighting type. All SS teams need a bulky water. I was able to combine both of these needs in the form of Slowking. With it's Water/Psychic typing and bulk, it fills both roles I needed. It too had access to T-Wave and helps sponge ice and water attacks for Garchomp and Excadrill. It also works as an effective counter to Bulk Up Conkledurr with STAB Psychic attacks.

I've had lots of trouble filling this last slot, and I think this Terrakion fills what I needed well. I needed a counter to stall pokes. At first my thoughts were to just exploit their type weaknesses. I had too much trouble doing that with one poke to make it work. Finally it hit me, Taunt. Taunt can shut down stall pokes with ease. The first poke that came to mind was Terrakion, due to the first RMT I read when getting into competitive pokemon. With taunt and SD, it can smash stall pokes. The In Depth portion of my RMT differs from these pokes. Anything that is different was what I changed to fix the problems my original team had, the reasons (should) be explained in the differing poke's description.

Overview

In Depth

Hungry Hungry Hippo

The HiPoPo (Hippowdon) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Roar
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Run it's the PoPo!!! This Hippowdon functions great as my lead. I've changed my Hippowdon to a more defensive set like I was considering. It's much better and adds more bulk to my team, as well as a much needed phazer. Being a mono-attacking poke with EQ can be a problem, but I can work my way around it with roar/slack off stalling in SS. It get's stealth rocks out reliably, and can roar away anything that tries to set up on it, and get some nice residual damage from rocks. Pretty standard set, now netting less KO's than before, but helping the team out in other, more valuable ways. Slack Off having 16 PP is a blessing. I can easily stall out any poke not holding leftovers who doesn't 2HKO me. If they're holding LO it's even easier. SS and other things will whittle down weak opposing pokes, and roar can phaze anything that gets to strong, or defensive in the case of Quagsire and other set up defensive pokes.

Ignorance is Bliss

Big Booty B (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss

Ohhh, the classic Blissey wall. I am using Blissey over Eviolite Chansey because of leftovers, and it's in a sandstorm. I tried Chansey and it took too much residual damage to have the survivablity I wanted. The moveset provides just awesome support. Heal Bell can uncripple any sweeper or wall that has been status'd. In conjunction with Wish it can totally restore a pokemon to it's potential if I play it right. Thunder Wave support works so well with Garchomp and allows it to set up substitute and then prepare to sweep. Also Wish can help restore HP lost from subs and give it a second life at sweeping. Synergy wise it can sponge ice beams directed at Landorus and Garchomp with ease. Seismic Toss is there for obvious damage on the switch (if I wouldn't be able to T-Wave switch in) and have me not be left dead in the water if it's left to Blissey to clutch up and get me a win. All in all, I love this Blissey set and it provides awesome support for my team. I really wish this thing had Thick Fat... I mean it's pretty damn fat that would be a reasonable ability. Natural Cure can sometimes be a pain when Breloom comes in and sets up on me, he can Spore me, and then when I switch out it goes away and allowing him to Spore again. Its EV spread and nature also allow it to take weak Physical hits (generally anything non-STAB or SE). I can sometimes T-Wave and then Wish and die if Blissey isn't needed for anything else, and is an effective way of passing a 350 HP wish, without the poke taking any damage.

Rawr My Head is an Airplane

Bambi (Virizion) @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Close Combat

This is the poke I use to combat bulky waters. It's a lot like Terrakion, but it's a little more frail. This EV set allows it to be quite fast clocking in at 346 just like Terrakion. It's moves offer great coverage and STAB CC is really strong. It needs to swords dance before it can kill just about anything, its attack is only around 275, so the +2 puts it into sweeping range once I set it up and it's coverage moves will be super effective, otherwise it can have troubles netting OHKOs. Stealth Rock support is also really important for him. He offers vital synergy to the team, being my only poke who resists grass type attacks. He does well to counter them with X-Scissor, so he can take a grass hit and strike back. I'm using this set over a CM set due to the lack of power that comes from a CM set. +1 Virizion isn't that intimidating... As of now this Virizion has been working well for my team, but im not raving about it just yet.
Garchomp Reigns Supreme

The King (Garchomp) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake

It's the King, the bad ass of the team, the MVP, the destroyer. God do I love this Garchomp. Pretty standard EV set, but considering changing it to more HP for bulk and 101 HP subs. The held item is to cure Outrage confusion allowing for much longer sweeps once steels are eliminated, or allowing me to free myself of a status if I mess up and get one. I used to run Dual Chop (40 BP Dragon move, hits twice) over Outrage because I disliked being locked into a move. After trying Outrage... my oh my... I don't mind getting locked into it because it doesn't really matter, it's so powerful it can OHKO many non-bulky steels after a SD. The power difference from Dragon Claw/Dual Chop is noticable enough to be better, despite the lock in. Pretty standard sub chomp that I try to support as much as possible with Blissey and Slowbro. A Salac Berry set has been considered, but due to Paralysis support, it is unneccesary and loses the 4-6 poke sweeping ability, cutting it down to 2-3 (reliably).

Derp? Derp.

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Grass Knot (Over Fire Blast)
- Surf
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic

This poke has been changed from Slowking to Slowbro due to its superior defenses, and it works much better in conjunction with Blissey, together act a Special and Physical Wall, each (somewhat) covering eachothers weaknesses. This set results in an astounding 350 Defense and 394 HP. Grass Knot is my answer to Quagsire, Surf is my Excadrill counter, and STAB Psychic for Bulk Up fighting sweepers, most notably Conkledurrp. A fair change from Slowking imo, but I will miss his kingly-ness and derp swag. His synergy with Garchomp is just awesome. People so often bring in electric pokes to hit him with an Electric move. They generally get T-Waved on the switch in, and then I am free to switch to Garchomp with immunity, and set him up for the sweep.

Da Real Numba 25

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Taunt

This is my Gliscor/Skarmory counter. I know it seems somewhat unreasonable to use a poke like this, but it's working, he is just one unholy shit smasher sent from Hell to destroy his opposition. Stone Edge is neutral to both, and after a SD, it can easily 2HKO. After a taunt, Skarmory can't really touch me, or whirlwhind me. I usually already have a SD under my belt already, and then can take another one. Due to Air Balloon, Gliscor needs to waste a turn hitting me with Ice Fang or something, then I can SD again or hit it with stone edge. Also this poke can TEAR through slow teams. Most teams only carry one poke that is faster than Terrakion, which can be solved by T-Wave opening up a sweep for him. He also has some special bulk due to his rock typing and sand storm. His STAB attacks offer great coverage (perfect?). I haven't come across something yet that resists both. Overall I like this change, but I'd like your opinion on it. I want to change the EV spread for a little more bulk, but I'm not sure if I should. Any and all feedback is appreciated, please post!

This is my team in a nut shell, I may be posting a threat list later and possibly team building process/ synergy cores, but we'll see. If you have any suggestions or see any glaring weakness's in my team, please feel free to telll me, the main reason I posted this on here it to get suggestions on improving my team. Thanks for reading! Adding Threat List.

Current Problems

-Grass: Nothing on my team Resists grass. Blissey can Pseudo resists Grass Attacks, most of which are special, but nothing really resists it. Most of my pokes are weak to it infact, and I also have no strong counter to it besides X-Scissor. This has been fixed with Virizion.

-Water: Bulky waters can be a problem, as they too are mostly super effective against my team, and I have nothing (strong, Slowbro doesn't count) to hit them back with. A grass or electric move on a special sweeper could remedy this, and would be great if the sweeper also resisted Grass. Suggestions would be highly appreciated. This also is no longer a probelm due to Virizion.

Threat List Breakdown

Offensive Threats

Pokemon without a sprite are not a problem at all, and i had to remove some pics due to 100 pic limit, so I removed pics on unimportant pokemon.

Aerodactyl - An easy takedown for most of my pokes. As a lead it works because it easily outspeeds my Hippowdon and taunts it. I can strike back plenty hard though with a crunch and superpower combo. Really not a problem to my team.
Archeops - Really never have had to face on of these, although I don't feel as if it would be a problem to my team what so ever. Excadrill can easily OHKO it with rock slide, same with lando.
Azelf - As a lead, most people trick a choice item onto my Hippowdon. I see this coming and if the team isn't weak to SR, I crunch it which does a formidable amount of damage and usually OHKOs. If the team is weak to SR I'll bite the bullet and lay down rocks.

Bisharp - Never seen one, but easily handled by excadrill and basicly my whole team as it it's weak to earthquake. Also can be taken down by hippowdon if the oppurtunity arises. Never been a problem for my team.
Breloom - Breloom can be a pest, but if it isn't a boosted TechiLoom I can OHKO it with X-Scissor on Excadrill before it can't KO me with mach punch or something. Can be a big problem for teams so I tried to make my team counter it well as it is a very strong poke. Also Garchomp can OHKO with Outrage.
Chandelure - Love having this thing attempt to revenge kill Excadrill. It get's outsped and can OHKO easily with EQ. Slowking can usually take a shadowball and strike back with Surf. Also can be set up fodder for Garchomp depending on what it's locked into.

Cobalion - Weak to EQ, never seen one. Definatly not a problem, can be handled well by basicly my whole party.
Conkeldurr - Conkeldurr can be a huge problem for SS teams, so I made sure to have multiple counters. Landorus can handle it well, resisting it's STAB attacks and neutrality to Stone Edge and Payback. Also if it is carrying stone edge, easy KO for my DerpKing with Psychic, because bulk up's won't help with a special attack.

Darmanitan - Weak to EQ, can easily counter with even Hippowdon, and basicly any other EQ carrier including all of my sweepers, and easily counter'd with Slowking.

Deoxys-S - Only have seen this as a lead, I usually set up rocks (never been taunted) and then strike back with a crunch. Crunch and superpower take so many opponets by surprise on a Hippowdon.

Dragonite - Destroyed by Garchomp, Excadrill, and Lando. If it's Sp.A I can T-wave with Blissey and then revenge kill with anything, it's totally crippled. Never had trouble.

Druddigon - Lol what a joke... Never seen one of these, let alone do I fear having trouble with it. Garchomp destroys it, and I beleive the rest of my team checks it well.
Eelektross - With no weakness's and immunity to EQ it can be tricky, but still somewhat easy. Will probably be brought in on Slowking and then I can switch to Garchomp on the T-Bolt with immunity and sub up/outrage for the KO. Due to being an SS team I handle Electric types with ease.

Electivire - Basicly the same story, except I can hit it with EQ so it's even easier.

Emboar - Walled and KO'd easily by Landorus. Can be KO'd by all of my sweepers with EQ. Never had trouble with one, definatly not a threat.
Empoleon - Empoleon usage has drasticly fell in 5th gen. I never really see one, but being wake to EQ it's fairly easy to take down, and still outsped by Excadrill after it agilites. Can be hard to switch in to, except for Blissey who can probably force a switch and T-Wave the switch in. God do I love T-Wave.
Espeon - This thing surprised me A LOT one game when it outsped my Garchomp. Magic Bounce is a huge pain when it switches into Hippowdon's SR, but if I do predict it, it'll be switching into Crunch. It does carry grass knot, but Hippowdon survives this if it's not weakened.

Escavalier - It's neutral to EQ, and I've only seen one, but it wasn't a problem. Fire Blast from derp isn't an option due to Bug STAB hurting KingDerp super efefctively. If I T-wave it with something I can easily revenge kill it with KingDerp though, so... pretty well handled.
Excadrill - Oh god, Air Balloon Excadrill can be a PAIN. I usually have to sacrifice something to pop it's balloon, and then counter with an EQ. Most run jolly so they outspeed and can hurt my Excadrill, but if I still have my Air Balloon intact, I can easily take a rock slide/whatever else they have and respond with EQ.
Garchomp - Lando can HP ice, although I don't know how I would ever get into a situation to do so. I can do some pretty good damage with Excadrill's STAB EQ which does over like 60% which he always seems to be at, or lower. Also due to Excadrill's typing and Balloon, Outrage Chomps have to Outrage to pop his Balloon, which allows be to kill it easily.
Genesect - Another Bug-Steel type... god why did they make so many of these. Neutrality to EQ and being Outsped by Garchomp (I think?) makes it fairly easy to take down, and if it's T-Waved by Blissey I can get KingDerp in for the Fire Blast OHKO.
Gengar - OHKO'd (usually, maybe not SubDisable variants) by Excadrills Rock Slide. Because it Outspeeds my Garchomp it can't be countered by that, but Blissey can come in and T-Wave and then outspeeding things if no more for it. Can be a pest to take down though due to Levitate... god do I hate levitate.

Golurk - Lol, never seen one before. Doesn't seem very strong, outsped by my whole team (almost lol, not supporters). It can be KO'd by just about all of my sweepers with EQ and such. Not a problem at all.
Gyarados - Weak to Excadrill's rock slide, but if it comes in and intimidates it can be a probelm if I let it DD up enough to outspeed Excadrill. Can't really do anything to KingDerp either, so that can be a viable T-Waver and then revenge accordingly. Can be a sweep killer though for Excadrill. Angry Face. Bulky ones are pretty obnoxious, and switch in an out a lot. Need SR to be up.

Haxorus - Outclassed by Garchomp? Garchomp can OHKO with outrage, and my other pokes can hit it hard with EQ. Excadrill also resists it STAB. Never had a problem, just gotta make sure it doesn't DD to much to outspeed Excadrill.
Heatran - 4x weak to EQ. Air Balloon variants can be a pest, switch into Blissey, seismic toss/T-Wave on a predicted switch in. Then it can be easily killed by the rest of my team.

Heracross - Drop in Heracross usage as well, it can be a pain because it resists EQ and Stone Edge. Can't to much Landorus though, so HP Ice does fine at taking it down. Never had to fight one though. Should I be worried?
Hydreigon - Usually switches into Hippowdon, and I can Superpower it and do 60-80% damage. It will kill Hippowdon, but get's its face walled off by Blissey and Slowking, both can T-Wave the switch in, and it's really easy to OHKO with X-Scissor on my Excadrill, which resists both of it's STABs.
Infernape - Weak to Earthquake, but Mach punch can hurt Excadrill pretty bad (OHKO?). Garchomp can take it down well, although it doesnt outspeed it. Slowking resists its STABs and can T-wave allowing for a less draining take down. Mach Punch is annoying.
Jirachi - Weak to earthquake and Derp's Fire Blast, but I won't be countering it with Slowking. It only does around 20% damage. I gotta make sure not to switch into Chomp on a body slam, which can paralyze it and cripple it, forcing me to revive it with Blissey. Excadrill is also a functional counter, resisting Flinchachi attacks, just gotta watch out for Paralyze.
Jolteon - Weak to earthquake, although faster, not faster than excadrill. Immunity to it's stab on my team and easy switch ins on garchomp and excadrill from my Slowking are well... easy. That sounded stupid. It's not a problem. next...
Keldeo - Oh Keldeo... Keldeo is quite the beast, both both of it's stabs are resisted by Slowking, who can easily T-Wave and then I can switch to garchomp and excadrill and lando on a predicted HP Electric.
Kingdra - Garchomp can take it down if it's unboosted easily, but I can paralyze it with KingDerp and then have garchomp take it down with outrage. Kingdra's typing is pretty good, being only weak to Dragon. Excadrill can hit it pretty hard with EQ... but what doesn't get hit hard by Excadrill's EQ.

Krookodile - Never had trouble but I could see moxie varient posing a threat. Weak to Excadrill's X-Scissor though, it is fairly easy to take down. Garchomp can set up on it pretty easily also.

Kyurem - Hmmm... he's UU but ok. Handily taken down by Excadrill's rock slide, and if I have sub up not afraid to Outrage it with Garchomp. My team does fear it's STAB ice attacks, but are resisted by Slowking and it can T-Wave it.
Landorus - Inb4mylandoruskicksyourlandorus'sass. HP Ice can take this down pretty easily, Garchomp can hit it hard with Outrage, but Excadrill can't do much to it. Can't be T-Waved due to it's typing, although I've never had trouble with one. Being Outspeed by Garchomp is helpful.
Latios - Gotta T-Wave this thing with Blissey, but it almost ALWAYS switches out when I bring blissey in. Usually leads against my Hippowdon, so I damage it with Crunch and then it's an easy OHKO for Excadrill's X-Scissor. Also if T-Waved, say hello to Garchomp.
Lilligant - Resists EQ... Angry Face. Can be taken down easily by Garchomp, although I've very rarely seen one. Basicly depends on me winning the Weather Battle against Drought Teams.

Lucario - Weak to EQ, destroyed by my sweepers. This thing is so much worse in Gen 5, it won't be being a problem. Sp.A variant is set up fodder for Landorus and Garchomp after I T-Wave it's face with Slowking and Blissey.
Machamp - God damn you Dynamic Punch... DAMN YOU!!! *Falls into a bottomless abyss*. This is a huge annoyer when it's a lead, cuz anything I switch into will be confused, except Garchomp with it's Lum Berry. I prefer not to waste it though, so I hope for hax and take down with Hippowdon (hopefully.) It's outsped by everything though, so Excadrill and Lando can easy revenge kill.

Magnezone - inb4iEQyou. Air Balloon varients can say hello to KingDerp's Fire Blast on the switch, then goodbye air balloon. Destroyed by my teams sweepers after that. Cant trap Excadrill but oh noes... gl hf with that lol.
Mamoswine - Ice Shard can hurt pretty hard, and I don't really have anything to hit it with besides Slowking Fire Blast and Hippow's super power, but I never get a chance to do so.
Excadrill resists Ice Shard and can't be hit by EQ, so choiced varients pretty much get wrecked by it.

Meloetta-S - Seen once, don't know much about, not a problem, it seem's really weak.
Meloetta-V - Same thing, it's a mystery so far.
Metagross - Weak to EQ, and much less powerfull now than in Gen 4. Slowking can easymode wall it and T-Wave, enter Garchomp sweep. Excadrill and lando are also good counters, lando just has to watch out for Ice Punch. But I would have seen what punch it has on SlowKing.
Mienshao - Only seen lead versoin, with fake out and U-Turn. Annoying, but definatly not a problem. Can be taken down with STAB moves. Next...
Reuniclus - Can't be OHKO'd by Excadrill's X-Scissor, but it can be walled by Blissey if it's not a Recover Variant, which I would then T-Wave and move on to Garchomp sweeping. Also a fall back option is SlowKing if it doesnt have Shadow Ball.
Roserade - Neutrallity to EQ is nice, basicly set up fodder for Garchomp, I just gotta make sure it doesn't get up toxic spikes, or it can shorten my sweep by taking off my Lum Berry.
Salamence - Salamence, say hello to Stealth rocks and Rock Slide/Stone Edge, good bye salamence. Never had ANY trouble with this beast. Excadrill can be an easy revenge kill, but it can cut my sweep short with intimidate. T-Wave able by my walls, and taken down by Garchomp and Lando easily.
Sawsbuck - T-Wave with Blissey and take down with Garchomp is easy, and can be takend own easly by X-Scissor on Excadrill.
Scizor - Neutrality to EQ = Win, but it can be somewhat hard to take down still. KingDerp can switch into a CB variant (no one runs that anymore) Bullet Punch and T-wave/Fire Blast. Usually resort to Excadrill/Garchomp EQ.
Scrafty- Bulk up can be scary, but it's weak to Hippow's super power, although it won't be taking it down. Neutral to EQ is my main means for the takedown, but it can sweep my team if it gets a lot of bulk ups under it's belt. I have had some trouble with this, but don't need to change anything IMO.
Seismitoad - I don't carry a grass move on my team, but he's never been a problem, especially because I've never seen one. I can set up all day on him with Chomp and also it's neutral to EQ, so Excadrill feels at home.
Serperior - Weak to X-Scissor, but this is a pretty strong poke. Generally resort to a Blissey T-Wave and then Garchomp/Excadrill time, sometimes lando if he has a team weak to it, or a Gliscor.
Shaymin - Offensive Shaymin? Ok? Excadrill can take it down with X-Scissor and Garchomp out speeds it, not a problem, just gotta watch out for HP Ice. My friend (different team for me) once 6-0'd me with defensive Shaymin due to HP Fire, not Ice as I thought. I'll never live that down.
Sigilyph - Weak to Rock Slide, although if it gets too many Cosmic Powers under it's belt it can be a problem. Generally countered by Excadrill and Lando.
Smeargle - Unpredictable. I hate this thing, shell smashing and then batton passing, who does he think he is. I've only seen him as a lead, and I can OHKO him after a shell smah with super power if I don't use SR. Tricky little guy he is.
Starmie - Outspeeds most of my team, which can be a problem. It's solved by Blissey walling and a T-Wave, or can be handled by Excadrill's X-Scissor. Can be a problem, not gunna lie, this mofo is fast.
Terakion - Weak to Earthquake, but outspeeds Garchomp. Can be solved by a T-Wave from Slowking, gotta watch out for X-Scissor though. Excadrill can counter if neccesary, but don't wunna switch into a close combat. Also if it rock polishes (which has never happened against me) it could be a problem for Excadrill.
Thundurus - SR + Rockslide = one dead Thundurus. Being outsped by Garchomp is a huge plus, and it can switch into T-Bolt with immunity for Slowking. Pretty well countered by a SS as that would be pretty obvious, HP Ice can be a surprise though.
Togekiss - Rock Slide to the face, or a Garchomp Outrage. Air Slax hax can be annoying, but this thing can't parahax my team due to them being Ground type. Only had a problem with this once, and that was with a dif team.
Tornadus - Rock Slide says hello, along with Garchomp and friends. T-Waveable as most are special attack, go go blissey and then Garchomp sweep. Easy KO for my team.
Tyranitar - SUPERPOWER!!! Surprise surprise lol, this happens a lot against other ttar leads, and then their down for the battle. Weak to EQ, outpsed by Garchomp and Lando. Not a problem.
Venusaur - IDK What to hit this mofo with. It's got neutrality to like everything, but Garchomp can probably set up on it and Outrage KO it. Can be somewhat problematic in sun with Growth. Blissey can also T-Wave it before hand.
Victini - V-Create... ghaa not really a problem, outsped by Garchomp (if not scarfed). Weak to EQ, revenge kill able and that is that. I really need to finish this up now, been what seems like forever.
Virizion - Can be a problem, suggestions? Special attack variant can be wall by Blissey and then T-Waved, enter Garchomp. Can be a problem though.
Volcarona - Eay Pickens, Rock Slide/Stone Edge and SR.
Weavile - Ice Shard is a pain, I rarely see him though. Counterable through Excadrill and Blissey T-Wave. Slowking is back up.

Defensive Threats

Sorry, removing images on unimportant pokemon due to limit of 100 pic limit.

Alomomola - Never seen one before, I feel like I could just kill it with anything due to the brute power of my team.

Blissey - Handled by all 3 of my phsyical sweepers, and possibly Hippowdon too.
Bronzong - Ones without Levitate get destroyed by EQ, but it's a guessing game. Terrakion can hit it pretty hard with Close Combat, not sure how much damage will be done by King Derp's Fire Blast. I could see it being a problem.

Celebi - 4x Weak to Excadrill's X-Scissor. Resists EQ, but can be taken down by Outrage and Stone Edge as well.

Chansey - Same as Blissey.

Deoxys-D - Smashed by all of my sweepers, especially Excadrill.

Cofagrigus - Neutral to EQ, and Mummy doesn't scare me since EQ doesn't make contact. Basicly handled easily by any of my sweepers.

Crustle - Neutrality to EQ and Close Combat. Set up fodder due to it's low offensive stats.

Dusclops - Set up fodder for Excadrill and Garchomp.
Ferrothorn - Generally it can't even take a +2 EQ from Garchomp. Excadrill can also set up on it, but Terrakion fears it's Power Whip which can OHKO him, so not set up fodder, but Close Combat to the face hurts it pretty bad.

Forretress - Neutral to EQ and CC, and low special defense with a 4x weakness to Fire from King Derp, although Volt Switch can hurt King Derp and Forretress can get out unscathed.

Garbodor - Weak to EQ, easy kill. Also I've never seen one before.

Gigalith - Weak to EQ and CC, it's slow too.
Gliscor - GOD DAMN YOU GLISCOR!!! You've given me so much trouble, but Terrakion has come to smash your face in. Stone Edge from Terrakion hurts this thing pretty bad. Slowking can also Surf it if he doesn't switch out.

Hippowdon - Weak to Slowking's Surf. Neutral to EQ and CC.
Jellicent - Jellicent you bastard and you're WoW and Scald. This could burn one of my physical sweepers if I'm not careful, but due to it being a special attacker, Blissey can wall it and Heal Bell my crippled back to health. Also it's weak to Excadrill's X-Scissor.
Latias - Weak to X-Scissor, and it doesn't bother me if it gets some CM under it's belt. If it's slightly weakend, it's pretty easy to KO. Never had trouble with Latias.
Mandibuzz - Weak to Stone Edge. Never seen one, definatly wouldn't be a problem.

Murkrow - Mukrow as an OU Defensive threat? I guess possibly with eviolite, but it's the same thing as Mandibuzz.
Ninetales - What a panzy... It's always a weather war with this thing. It's not bulky enough to take repeated EQs with Rest as it's Recovery. It's easy to KO, it's just a pain to have it stay in.
Politoed - Same deal as ninetales, but I don't have a move that's SE to it. It commonly comes in to ruin Excadrill's fun, but it get's worn down from that and has no form of recovery, so I generally can win the weather battle. Specs Toad lead can be hard to switch into, but Slowking has its niche.
Porygon2 - Weak to CC, but generally set up fodder for everything excluding Garchomp because these mofos have ice beam.

Rotom-H - Stone Edge to the face. Immunity to EQ is a pain. Pretty easy kill.
Rotom-W - I hate this guy. Being only weak to Grass, a move type that my team doesn't cover, and immunity to EQ can be a pain. It commonly attempts to wall Excadrill. I generally can wear it down with my pokes and take it out. Somewhat of a problem.

Scolipede - Weak to EQ, not that bulky. Pretty easy take down.
Skarmory - SKARMORY!!!!!!!!!!! GHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Somewhat hard to counter for my team, but that's what Terrakion's for. Taunt, Stone Edge, and SD can take it down, and it's unable to WW me. Brave Bird can pop my balloon leaving me vulnerable for a revenge kill, and usually he doesnt switch out due to Terrakion being a fighting type physical attacker. Weak to Slowkings Fire Blast also, but that generally causes a switch. Specially defensive sets aren't weak to FB though. Best counter on my team is Terrakion.

Snorlax - Snorlax, meet Terrakion. Terrak- *terrakion starts to viscously attack and destroy Snorlax*

Suicune - I have nothing super effective to hit this guy with, but he is 2HKO'd by Excadrill and Terrakion, and Garchomp can OHKO with +2 Outrage.
Swampert - Another poke that I don't have anything super effective to. It takes me 2-4 turns to take down, but due to not having any recovery move, it is taken down reliable.
Tentacruel - Weak to EQ. Never been a problem, Excadrill says hi.
Vaporeon - Bulky waters... this defensive threat list is making me rethink my team and adding a Grass move. Just relying on my team to SD up and KO it. Ice Beam can be a danger for Garchomp, so he has to be careful.
Whimsicott - The biggest annoyer in OU, pretty easy KO for Garchomp's Outrage, Excadrill's X-Scissor, and Terrakion's CC.
Xatu - Weak to Rock Slide and Stone Edge, but usually bounces back my rocks and causes a switch for me due to Hippowdon being a mono-ground type attacker, and he's a flying type.

Zapdos - Stone Edge, Rock Slide, and Outrage take it down easy. Garchomp especially due to it usually coming in on Slowking, then switching in with immunity to Tbolt. Some are immune to T-Wave due to Lighting Rod. Watch out for HP Ice, easy take down usually.

I feel like quagsire should be on this list, and it can be a huge pain to my team if it gets set up.

Importable
The HiPoPo (Hippowdon) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Roar
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Big Booty B (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss

Bambi (Virizion) @ Leftovers
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Close Combat

The King (Garchomp) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Surf
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Taunt

Previous Member(s)
LandoGriffin (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 SDef / 156 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This set acted as my Gliscor Lure. It didn't do ANYTHING else though, so I replaced it with a taunter, Terrakion.

VAT? Derp (Slowking) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 176 HP / 200 Def / 76 SAtk / 56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Surf

The king of Derp, Slowking. This is my main answer to skarm trying to wall my team. When I switch into a skarmory with this and shoot off a fire blast and OHKO it, the common response is wtf, to which I respond with derp derp, he can learn fire blast. Being a psychic type, STAB Psychic is a pretty good answer to most fighting types, except Breloom which can KO me with seed bomb if I don't Fire Blast it on the switch in. STAB Surf does some pretty good damage to Gliscor if it doesn't switch out. T-Wave is for Garchomp support. Regenerator is really just a great ability for Slowking, allowing me to run Fire Blast over Slack Off and still have great survivability, restoring 1/3 HP every time I switch out. Most teams have an answer to Slowking, but not until it does what it needs to, and then can switch out and regenerate. Overall I really like this pokemon, it is very underrated.

Wack A Mole... GL w/ That...

Excaboner (Excadrill) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

Oh yes, the rediculously powerfull mole that just can't be wacked. This is probably the most deadly late game sweeper in the current metagame. It OHKO's a rediculous amount of pokemon without even a SD under its belt. The Air Balloon gives me immunity to EQ on a switch in if needed, and gives me the edge on tons of pokes that have to 2HKO me instead of an OHKO. This moveset provides just phenomenal coverage, hitting for neutral damage on basicly the entire metagame (I haven't come across anything that resists every one of its move's yet). The only things that can wall it decently and sometimes succum to it are Gliscor and Skarmory. Both of which I am sometimes able to take out with 2HKO rock slide flinches after a SD or two. Gliscor isn't really a problem since I keep this for late game, and Terrakion generally has destroyed Gliscor by the time he is in play. Same for Skarmory. I am considering replacing Excadrill for a special attacking pokemon with speed that would actually benefit from Paralysis, unlike Excadrill.

Possible Changes - PLEASE VIEW
These are some set changes or pokemon changes im thinking about making to help remedy some problems with my team, some will include full sets, some will just be a statement.
  • The Changes from Slowking to Slowbro, and making it a totally Defensive wall, as opposed to Slowking's mixed set. The Slowbro-Blissey wall core is tried and true, and Slowbro's moveset would be Identical, just different stats, but it would be losing the King of Derp's swag.
  • The removal of Excadrill for something else. Excadrill is a great poke, and it has served my team well, but I feel like paralysis support is wasted on it, because it's faster than everything anyways. Replacing it with something more middle of the line speed like Garchomp and Terrakion could prove better, but it also works as a good revenge killer to Latios whom I have some trouble paralyzing sometimes. Very tentative about removing him.
  • Heatran for its 4x Grass Resistance. I used to hate how slow heatran was, but running a set with HP Grass, some Bulk, and enough speed to be effective with paralysis support could work well. It would help me with Gliscor and Skarmory problems also, but mostly it would be for Quagsire... The set would look something like this. Heatran (M) @ Air BalloonTrait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 128 Def / 252 SAtk / 128 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Fire Blast
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
  • I would really like avoiding using Heatran though, I really don't like it and hate its 4x ground weakness.
  • I also would love to work SubPetaya empoleon into my team somewhere when it gets released, I've aways liked it. Salac Berry Chomp too, although the need for paralysis suppot is less neccesary, maybe I would make a totally different team.
  • Ferrothorn is always an option for Grass resist and T-Wave.
  • Possibly the addition of omastar for some verstatility as a wall turned sweeper, but it wouldn't help my weaknesses, but this looks like a pretty cool set: Shell Smash
    move 1: Shell Smash
    move 2: Surf / Hydro Pump
    move 3: Ice Beam
    move 4: Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Grass
    item: Life Orb
    ability: Swift Swim
    nature: Modest
    evs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe

Well first off I would like to give a HURR DURR to your Slowking, the only comment is that besides him and Landorus it's all pretty standard, (though Scarfchomp is much more common than Subchomp and it's not that common to see a attack PoPo, though I've seen it a lot more recently) and also I'm having Gliscor trouble so Ima steal your Landorus, aight? Aight. DERP OUT.

Omg. Your name. Is awesome. We are now friends. *highfives*

Landorus is really good for luring Gliscor, so it should serve you well. Thanks for the rate!

Posted Offensive Threat list, will post defensive tomorow, damn that took long. Please rate and post suggestions! Thank you!

I would reccomend putting the 100evs into spatk or speed instead of spdef on landorus, putting it in spdef is kind of pointless

Starting to agree. Also landorus is so frail, he never has time to rock polish. In really thinking about replacing him with another sweeper with similar coverage, he really just isn't working. Any good suggestions that can fill his role (or similar, breloom counter/Gliscor counter, and something with ice coverage)?
I really feel like he's the poke holding this team back, I just don't know what to replace him with.

Most definately replacing Landorus now. It's really lacking in usage on my team and I feel like I could be much more productive with the spot. I'm leaning towards adding a Dual Dance Terrakion or something with an ice attack that has decent speed (and bulk preferably). Suggestions welcome please help me with this last spot.

If you're thinking of replacing Landorus, I would strongly suggest you consider Rotom-W in its place. Your team is almost entirely hard-walled by Skarmory and Bronzong, and Slowking's lack of recovery means it can get worn down enough to not be able to stop them. Rotom-W is a really good replacement for Landorus: it provides you with the same Ground-resist, it gives you a great counter to Skarmory and Bronzong, and it adds to the synergy of your team by giving you something else to absorb Ice- and Water-type attacks. I'd probably run Hidden Power Fire on it with max Special Attack because Ferrothorn looks like it could be a pretty big pain, and so luring it for the 2HKO could prove really useful.

I also think you could make better use of Slowbro over Slowking. The extra Defense is far more useful than Slowking's superior Special Defense, seeing as you're relying on it to counter the likes of Excadrill and Roobushin. With a Bold nature and 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD, Slowbro is a really nice check to a variety of physical attackers that Rotom-W can't handle. I would keep the same moveset as you have now, but definitely run Slack Off over Thunder Wave. Flamethrower is also probably better overall compared to Fire Blast thanks to its better accuracy and, more importantly, better PP.

Your Hippowdon set is a little weird and could be fixed up a bit. There's no need to run max Attack seeing as you already have a lot of Earthquake abusers and physical sweepers in general. Just go for 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD if you want a specially defensive spread, but you might want to consider maxing out Defense instead to beat Excadrill. Also, Superpower and Earthquake have really redundant coverage, so I'd go with either Roar or Ice Fang over Superpower. I'd personally go for Ice Fang just so you can break Terrakion's and Excadrill's Air Balloons before you Earthquake them, but either is fine.

I totally agree with basicly everything you just said. I am switching my Hippowdon to a much more defensive set, with Bold 252 HP / 252 Sp.D /4 Defense. I'm also changing it's moveset to Roar/Slack Off/ Stealth Rock/ Earthquake, or maybe something different because being a mono attacking ground type can be a big problem. I recently realized that I desperatedly need a phazer, so roar is mandatory, and so is SR. Slack Off could possibly be switched out for Crunch which can really damage a lot of opposing leads hard. Most notable, people counter my lead by leading with Latios REALLY OFTEN and hitting it with Surf. I'm keeping the Sp.D because it allows me to survive surf, and then do (right now) about 60% with crunch, opening up an easy OHKO for X-Scissor Excadrill, and thus eliminating Latios from the other team. It would still open up the OHKO I'm pretty sure with this EV spread, if I added crunch. Which would be the better option? Slack Off is a truely great recovery move.

As far as Rotom-W goes, I have definatly considered it before. It does share great synergy with my team, it's just... I never really liked Rotom-W and I seem terrible at using it. It's speed is just too slow for my liking, and while having just stupendous typing, I never was able to use it well. Also, I already have 3 leftover users on my team, so I'm unsure what item I would give it. Thank you for your suggestion though, it was a really good one. I will try it, what is a good set for Rotom-W? I also need Grass type coverage due to an imminate rise in Quagsire usage, which Rotom-W could help with.

As far a the Slow Pokes go, the EV spead on my Slowking is for a mixed wall set, totally 280 defenses and 394 HP, it's plenty bulky to take the hits it needs to, and also it does have a form of recovery in Regenerator, which can be somewhat unreliable but it works just fine. I'm definately keeping Slowking.

Thank you for your suggestions, I will be trying a Rotom-W now.

Tried Rotom-W. Not working at all. I tried a specs set with trick. I know I'm using him wrong though. Any help on him?

Posted some changes to the team, mainly the addition of terrakion. Changes are in bold. Team has a new peak ranking of 207 with Terrakion. I'm lacking an ice move, but it doesn't seem to be a problem. Please read changes and post feedback! It'd be much appreciated to get something back for all the work I've put into this RMT.

Also just added a team building process.

Finally posted the Defensive Threat list I've been talking about, and lots of other little gimmicky things all RMTs should have.

My teams is having a pretty tough time with Grass Type pokes. I have nothing on my team that resists grass and can hit back very well. Also bulky water and bulky water/ground pokes are giving me some trouble. The need for a grass counter and grass user is a mandatory change I'm going to have to make. I'm thinking about changing Excadrill for something because it doesn't need paralysis support like I'm trying to base my team around, but he is also just such a good poke and as of now my only grass counter. I'll be posting a new section near previous members, titled possible changes. Please look at it and help me improve my team further. Thank you for reading! Please post! The lack off replies is really getting disappointing :(

EDIT: Added change section.

Swapped out (permanently) Slowking for Slowbro. The way it works with Blissey is much better. It also has access to grass knot would is a great asset to my team. Going to run some damage calcs to see how much Sp.A it needs to OHKO Quagsire.

Also, I tried replacing Excadrill with Empoleon. It doesn't work that well yet, but I feel once petaya berry is releases, it could be much better. Also, does unaware cancel out Torrent? I'm pretty sure Torrent boosted hydro pump can 2HKO Quagsire, so that could be a secondary check. Not sure still if I want to switch Excadrill out yet, and I still have nothing resistant to Grass.

Will post changes to actual thread when I get home.

Posted some fancy pics, and added some humor (as well as some more in depth analysis) to make the read through more enjoyable (and informative). Also made corrections with my writings and Slowking to Slowbro.

PLEASE LOOK AT THE CURRENT PROBLEMS SECTION, posted near the bottom.

Critiques on the overall concept of the team would also be appreciated.

I really like this suggestion. I dislike the calm mind set just due to its lack of power. Swords Dance being a +2 move (CM is +1), I went with a SD set with similar coverage to Excadrill. It fills the role I want really well, keeping important coverage I already had and adding Grass to it.

Virizion @ Leftovers
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Sacred Sword/Close Combat

Excadrill only brought X-Scissor to the table, and I figured I needed to keep it. It's defenses with this spread are frail on the defensive side, and decent on the special side. Any suggestions on good Virizion EV spreads for this would be appreciated. Not sure why Close Combat is slashed for Sacred Sword, Virizion doesn't seem to like the defensive drops much, but it does seem like it's lacking in the power department so I will probably use CC over SS.

Been using my Physical Virizion set, liking it much more than Excadrill. Hippowdon has been doing awesome at rocking and roaring, I almost 6-0'd a team earlier today with him. Terrakion has gotten an absurd amount of sweeps today. I finaly came across his one possible counter, Nidoking. Ground + Poison typing = Resistances to all of my attacks, but with his special bulk, I was able to SD twice, and +4 CC will kill just about anything. Changing write up to include Virizion, and moving Excadrill to Previous Member(s) section.

EDIT: RMT has been updated to my current team

Despite its head being an airplane, Verizion isn't pulling it's weight at all. Thinking of adding scizor to my team. Due to his low speed, para would help him, his only weakness is covered well by my team, and he's a boss in general and would fit well with my team. Idk why I didn't see him earlier, I went tunnel vision and thought only grass resisted grass. I need to decide on a set for him (thinking bulky SD). Also looking into Volcarona (my team could use a fire type, but his SR weakness is a major turn off due to hippowdon being terrible at blocking rocks). Would love suggestions on replacing virizon.
List of thoughts
-Volcarona (SR weak, covers fire)
-Scizor (best synergy)
-Breloom (tech preferred)
-Dragonite (bad synergy though, ice)
-Nidoking (great coverage, resists fighting)
-Contrary Surperior (is it released yet? It seems somewhat broken)

Would also like this new addition to abuse sand in some way, I feel my team (bar garchomp) doesn't do that very well.

I just read over your threat list... you should update that. You've replaced excadrill and landorus, both of which were counters to specific threats.

Due to the team not being finalized at all, I'm waiting to update the threat list once I get a 6th member that really sticks. It took a really long time to do it the first time, so once I get something that sticks I'll update it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)