is a Contributor Alumnus
3v3 Singles
DQ: 2 days
2 recovers/5 chills
No items
Switch = KO
One Ability

Arena:
a department store, complete with rotom appliances. There are 17 trainers waking round, one for each type, who will send out a random pokemon of their type (including legendaries) and use a random move from their movepool if struck by a stray attack.
If any attacks miss, there will be a 40% chance of hitting one of these Trainers. For MK it will be a 80% chance because:

~Teams~

Emboar(*) Vulcan (F)
Nature: Lonely

Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional
damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Solarbeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves, Meditate and Cheer Up have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two
(2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Reckless (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has an innately aggressive nature that lets it use all-out attacks with recoil more effectively. Recoil attacks from this Pokemon do two (2) more damage, and recoil percentage is unaffected.

HP: 110
Atk: ******(+)
Def: **(-)
SpA: ****
SpD: ***
Spe: 65

Attacks:
Tackle(*)
Tail Whip(*)
Ember(*)
Odor Sleuth(*)
Defense Curl(*)
Flame Charge(*)
Smog(*)
Rollout(*)
Take Down(*)

Yawn(*)
Superpower(*)
Thrash(*)

Overheat(*)
Will-O-Wisp(*)
Wild Charge(*)

Flare Blitz
Head Smash
Arm Thrust
Hammer Arm
Fire Blast
Stone Edge
Solarbeam
Focus Blast
Earthquake
Scald

-----------------------------------

Kitsunoh(*) Banquo (M)
Nature: Adamant

Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by
Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker
Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only:
moving through walls.)

Frisk: (Can be Activated) The Pokemon charges the opponent with the intent to knock off their item. If Frisk is successful and the Pokemon with Frisk is not holding an item, they will pick that item up.
Limber: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is well trained and immune to paralysis.
Cursed Body (DW): (Innate) When this Pokemon is struck by an opponent's attack that makes contact, there is a 30% chance that attack will be disabled. Only one of the opponent's attacks can be disabled at a time due to Cursed Body.

HP: 100
Atk: *****(+)
Def: ***
SpA: *(-)
SpD: ***
Spe: 110

Tackle(*)
Scratch
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Tail Whip
Odor Sleuth
Copycat
Iron Defense(*)
Lick(*)
Leer(*)
Faint Attack(*)
Shadow Sneak(*)
Curse(*)

Meteor Mash(*)
Yawn(*)
FeatherDance(*)

Will-O-Wisp(*)
Swagger(*)
Trick Room(*)

Taunt
ShadowStrike
U-Turn
Metal Burst

-------------------------------------------

Rotom-W [Voltergeist] (U)
Nature:

Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Levitate:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2(-)
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 5(+)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 86

Trick
Astonish
Thunder Wave
ThunderShock
Confuse Ray
Uproar
Double Team
Shock Wave

Hex
Discharge
Substitute

Will-O-Wisp
Toxic
Thunder

Hydro Pump
Shadow Ball

Nidorina (*) [Amelie] (Female)
Nature: Rash

Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu, Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3(+)
SpD: Rank 1(-)
Spe: 56

Poison Point (Can Be Disabled) This Pokemon’s spikes/quills/thorns are coated in poison, and there is a 30% chance of poisoning any foe that uses a contact attack on this Pokemon. When disabled, all of this Pokemon's Poison-type attacks will inflict Toxic level poison

Rivalry (Innate) This Pokemon has a primal response to competition and mating, increasing the power of all its attacks by two (2) when it attscks an opponent of the same gender in the same Egg Group, and decreasing the power of all its attacks by two (2) when it faces an opponent of the opposite gender in the same Egg Group (Monster/Ground are used for Nidorina/Nidoqueen).

Hustle (DW) (Can Be Enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the base damage of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Growl*
Scratch*
Tail Whip*
Double Kick*
Poison Sting*
Fury Swipes*
Bite*
Helping Hand*
Poison Tail*
Disable*
Supersonic*
Venoshock*
Thunderbolt*
Dig*
Crunch
Ice Beam
Toxic

------------------------------------------

Caterpie(*) [Buggo] (Male)
Nature:

Bug: Bug STAB; Anger Powder, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Solarbeam, Spore, Stun Spore, Roost have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 1(-)
SpA: Rank 2(+)
SpD: Rank 1
Spe: 45

Shield Dust: (Innate) This Pokemon has dust covering the outside of its body that prevents opponents secondary effects from taking place (eg burn from Flamethrower). It does not block direct status moves (such as Thunder Wave.)

Run Away (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and can evade any traps in an arena. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to escape from trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.

Tackle*
String Shot*
Bug Bite*

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Larvitar "Mama" (F)
Nature: Brave

Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm, Earth Power, Earthquake and Magnitude have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Ground: Summary: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings. Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Atk: Rank 4(+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 35 (41/1.15)

Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the base attack power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.
Sand Veil (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

Bite
Leer
Sandstorm
Screech
Chip Away
Rock Slide
Scary Face
Crunch
Stone Edge

Bulldoze
Protect
Brick Break

Dragon Dance
AncientPower
Pursuit

I will allow my opponent to choose the arena in exchange for ordering second.
~Turn order~
Son_of_Shadoo will send out his mons.
iiMKUltra will send out his mons and issue commands.
Son_of_Shadoo will issue commands.
I ref.
Son_of_Shadoo will issue commands.
iiMKUltra will issue commands.
I ref.
etc.

... You son of a bitch, taking advantage of my generous nature. That's it, next time, I'm saying unevolved only. *sigh* Go Amélie (Nidorina).

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm so sorry ;_; my wl is negative, I really needed the win :( forgive me?

Go Rotom-W (Levitate der).
Voltergeist, Thunder-Confuse Ray-Thunder.
If he tries a Toxic, set up a 25% substitute.

Also, it's one ability, name that in your actions.

I have a record of 3-7-0. Yours is 8-9-1. So yeah. NO FORGIVENESS, NO MERCY! Amélie will be using Poison Point. Because Rivalry is really not that good.

We'll start with Poison Point disabled too, so I can Toxic you without Toxicing you :)

Unfortunately, we'll have to pray the first Thunder misses, and Dig to avoid Confuse Ray, and strike. Then use Poison Tail. TOXIC POISONING GOGOGOGO!

Dig (evasive to avoid Confuse Ray on second action) >>> Dig (strike) >>> Poison Tail

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus

Energy: 100%

SpA: Rank 5

SpA: Rank 3

Ah, the good 'ol department store. For centuries, these stores have provided us with various goods at a modest price while at the same time upholding our glorious capitalist economy. Today however, we meet two trainers ready to square off.

Son_of_Shadoo does a little warm up and throws out a PokeBall. Out pops Amelie the Nidorina! Her poisonous points glow for a while before disappearing. Clearly, Amelie is saving her toxins for later. iiMKUltra sees an oppertunity here and sends out Voltergeist the Rotom-W. A small crowd starts to gather to watch the two challengers.

It looks like Voltergeist will move first! The washing machine starts things off with a powerful Thunder attack. That was very risky, as Thunder is inaccurate and could have hit/pissed off someone in the crowd, but the jolt of lightning hits its mark. Amelie shrugs it off and begins to Dig rapidly against the floor. Voltergeist attempts to throw a Confuse Ray at her, but nope! Amelie is already underground, and quickly pops up behind Voltergeist and slams into it. The attack got the Rotom by complete surprise, but it manages to regain momentum quickly and sends off another Thunder attack. Owch! Amelie winces a bit but runs right into the electricity with her tail glowing poisonously. She suddenly makes a 180 turn and whips Voltergeist with said tail. The attack was a critical hit and sends it crashing against a display window.

Rotom: Thunder on Nidorina. Deals 21 damage. Costs 7 energy.
Rotom: Confuse Ray on Nidorina. Misses. Costs 5 energy.
Nidorina: Dig* to dodge Confuse Ray and hit Rotom-W. Deals 9.75 damage. Costs 6 energy.
Rotom: Thunder on Nidorina. Deals 21 damage. Costs 7 energy.
Nidorina: Poison Tail on Rotom. Critical hit! Deals 12.5 damage. Costs 3 energy. Also deals 3 more damage since Rotom gets knocked into a window.

*Ordinarily, evasive digging does not strike the opponent. However, SoS has sacrificed using a move on the first action to do this, therefore, I made it possible.

HP: 65
Energy: 81%

SpA: Rank 5

HP: 58
Energy: 91%

SpA: Rank 3

Son_of_Shadoo, go! Amelie and Voltergeist are at the right side of the department store, where Voltergeist has crashed into a display window. The crowd meanwhile gets larger...

That's my girl. But those Thunders did... A lot :( And that Rotom's a tough bugger, I'd expect being slammed into a window like that to do damage... Guess that's what makes it a crit.

Alright, go for another Poison Tail, then Crunch, before Poison Tailing again. But if we manage to poison him the first time, use Venoshock instead. If he uses Will-o-Wisp on action one or two, evade it with Dig, and Disable it. If it happens on action three, just Dig to evade.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
Did you put STAB on for Thunder? The rest of the channel calcs it as 21.

I need to ask Lime something before I put my actions in.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
My bad. What I attempted to do was to download the Google Docs file into a spreadsheet, but the values didn't change. I now have the actual file on my computer. I'm getting 20 for Thunder instead of 21 btw. Other mistakes have been corrected (Crit. Poison Tail =12.5, Dig = 9.75, getting thrown into the glass = 3).

As compensation for this error, I will give you all 1 million dollars.

The money is from Zimbabwe

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
<Limewire> well
<Limewire> you can post actions, and I'll allow one substitution. However, if Nidorina was to make another substitution, she would be confused instead and do nothing
<Limewire> *one sub for SoS

Thunder-Confuse Ray-Thunder

If you get poisoned, use WOW.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus

HP: 65
Energy: 81%

Energy: 91%

Wow! That was a rocking start to this match. Voltergiest has just crashed into a display window, but recovers pretty quickly. He also managed to somehow pick up a dashing Hickery Freeman tuxido on the way. Feeling classy and confident, our washing machine tries to zap Amele silly with another Thunder. Uh-oh, the lightingbolt missed, and what's worse, it hit a Rock-type Trainer and his Aggron! The two look mighty pissed off, and Aggron recklessly charges into Voltergiest with a Head Smash before the two dissapear into the crowd. Amele isn't going to cut him some slack, either- as Voltergiest is flying towards her, she uses her Posion Tail as a bat and takes a swing at him. Poor ol' Voltergiest finds himself airbone yet aga- oh wait, it can levitate. Never mind!

Voltergeist seems to recover from this confusion rather quickly. Confusion!
A light-bulb lits up on its face, and it creates a sparking ball right in front of it. Everyone in the crowd, including Amele, watches the ball with awe, but Son of Shadoo realizes whats going on. That ball is a Confuse Ray! Too late, Voltergeist flung the ball at Amele and it will confuse her for two actions! Amid the stars that flutter around her eyes, Amele manages to see Voltergiest and clamp it down vigourously with a Crunch, which also lowers Voltergeist's defense. She shakes the washer several times without letting go, who fires off yet another Thunder. This one makes it mark, and Amele feels the full sting. She attempts to charge at Voltergeist again, but misses and hits a railing. Luckily, this snaps her out of confusion.

Voltergiest: Thunder on Nidorina. Misses. Costs 7 energy. Hits a Rock trainer!
Rock Trainer: Sends out an Aggron, who uses Head Smash on Voltergeist for 19.5 damage.
Amele: Poison Tail on Voltergiest. Deals 6.5 damage. Costs 3 energy.
Voltergiest: Confuse Ray on Amele. Costs 5 energy.
Amele: Crunch on Rotom-W. Deals 6.5 damage. Costs 6 energy. Lowers defense.
Voltergiest: Thunder on Nidorina. Deals 21 energy. Costs 7 energy.
Amele: Hits herself. Snaps out of confusion.

HP: 52
Energy: 62%
-1 Defense

HP: 47
Energy: 80%

The battle has moved onto the food court! iiMKUltra shall start this round off.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
First, I want you to ditch the washing machine and head for the freezer, doing all manner of useful stuff (actually for the tournament).
Then hit her with your best shots, Blizzard-Thunder.

Hit me with your best shot... C'mon and hit me with your best shot! Hit me with your best shot, FIRE AWAY!

... Sorry, I was listening to Pat Benatar earlier.

Amélie, take advantage of the defense drop.

Dig >>> Toxic >>> Dig

(If Dig, for whatever reason, is unpossible, sub Crunch)

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus

HP: 52
-1 Defense

HP: 47
Energy: 80%

Ah, the food court! A wonderful place where people can purchase edible items at a modest price while they are on their quest for shopping. Voltergeist realizes that it has a very important tournament coming up, and ditches its washing machine form in place of a McDonald's freezer. Amele won't let him get away for free, though! She digs through the wooden flooring and smashes into Voltergiest as soon as he aquires his new form. With its defense lowered, the attack does quite a bit of damage!

Tumbling along the round, Voltergiest tries to fire off a Blizzard of frozen chicken nuggets, but the fast food misses and hits a Grass-type Trainer and her Meganium! A vegetarian Trainer and Meganium, that is. Both of them are so appalled at the poor, frozen chicken-turned-to-nuggets that the Trainer commands Meganium to hit Rotom-F with a Giga Drain, before the two storm off in fury. To add insult to injury, Amele releases a cloud of toxic gas that temporarily drives away the crowd and badly poisons Voltergiest. The haunted freezer won't give up so soon, though! Recovering from its ordeal, Voltergiest fries Amele with a Thunder while she, in return, smashes into it with another Dig.

Voltergiest: New form!
Amele: Dig on Voltergiest. Deals 11.25 damage. Costs 6 energy.
Voltergiest: Blizzard on Amele. Misses! Costs 8 energy. Hits a Grass-type Trainer and her Meganium!
Meganium: Giga Drain on Voltergiest. Deals 9.5 damage.
Amele: Toxic on Voltergiest. Voltergiest is badly posioned! Costs 6 energy.
Voltergiest: Thunder on Amele. Deals 21 damage. Costs 7 energy. -1 HP.
Amele: Dig on Voltergiest. Deals 11.25 damage. Costs 6 energy.

HP: 28
Energy: 47%
Toxic (-2 HP/action starting next round)

HP: 26

The posionous gas has driven off all bystanders until the next next round. The battle has moved out of the food court and into the hallway, lined up with a variety of stores. Son of Shadoo, go!

Woo! We might just pull this one off, Amélie! This would be a proud moment, your first KO. Now that he's all Toxiced up, it's time for our strongest attack, Venoshock! Then Dig under the floor, and try to knock him into a shop window for more damage. Finish with another Venoshock. WE CAN DO THIS!

Venoshock >>> Dig >>> Venoshock

EDIT: Never give up. Trust your instincts.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus

HP: 26

Our battle continues in the hallway of the mall! Both Pokemon are terribly exhausted now- who will win this round? Voltergiest starts off again by firing another blizzard of frozen chicken nuggets. This time, the ice-cold meat hits Amele square in the face. Owch! Feeling her energy slipping away, she only manages to send Voltergiest's immune system into a shock due to the toxic venom before the freezer ends the round with a Thunder.

Voltergiest: Blizzard on Nidorina. Deals 21 damage. Costs 7 energy. -2 HP.
Amele: Venoshock on Voltergiest. Deals 14 damage. Costs 8 energy.
Voltergiest: Thunder on Nidorina. Deals 21 damage. Costs 7 energy. -2 HP. KO!

HP: 12
Toxic (-3 HP/action starting next round)

HP: 0
Energy: 54%

The battle is still taking place in the hallways. The toxic cloud has dissapeared and a crowd is starting to form. Son of Shadoo will send out another Pokemon, then iiMKUltra will issue actions followed by Son of Shadoo.

Ok Buggo, we just have to do three damage, and we get a KO for you. How freakin sweet would that be? EXTREMELY!

Bug Bite >>> Tackle >>> Bug Bite

No strategy now, I've accepted my fate.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus

Modest (+SpA, -Atk)

Lonely (+Atk, -Def)

Boy oh boy, what an interesting match up this is! Ordinarilly, Buggo, being a Caterpie, would be easily wiped by Voltergiest, but with its low health and Toxic play, who knows what will happen? (Oh wait, I knows).

Voltergiest, once again, is the faster of the two. It decides to smash Buggo's face with a Blizzard of frozen meat, but the move misses! Beginner's luck, perhaps? Luckily for Voltergiest, no trainers were hit at this time. Buggo takes the time to chomp down on Voltergiest with a Bug Bite. Its a good thing that Rotoms don't bleed, or else that nasty bite would have become infected at no time.

However, being to close to Voltergiest allows the Rotom to fry Buggo silly with a Thunder. The attack really did quite a number on poor ol Buggo, but he manages to shrug off the attack. Buggo retaliates with a Tackle, which, well, doesn't really do much. However, to a closely fainting Voltergiest, even the smallest of all moves sting.

Feeling the toxic poison slip through its body, Voltergiest manages to fire off one last Blizzard before Buggo chomps on it again with another Bug Bite, resulting in a clean KO.

Voltergiest: Blizzard on Buggo. Misses! Costs 7 energy. -3 HP.
Buggo: Bug Bite on Voltergiest. Deals 7.5 damage. Costs 4 energy.
Voltergiest: Thunder on Buggo. Deals 21 damage. Costs 7 energy. -3 HP.
Buggo: Tackle on Voltergiest. Deals 3 damage. Costs 4 energy.
Voltergiest: Blizzard on Buggo. Deals 21 damage. Costs 7 energy. -3 HP.
Buggo: Bug Bite on Voltergiest. Deals 7.5 damage. Costs 4 energy. KO!

iiMKUltra will send out next mon. SoS will issue actions, followed by iiMKUltra. The battle has moved onto the electronics section of the mall! Please don't try to destroy the gigantic TV screens.

KO

Energy: 88%
Lonely (+Atk, -Def)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH BUGGO! SUCK THAT, ULTRA, I JUST BEAT YOUR FRIDGE WITH A GODDAMN CATERPIE! *ahem*

Ok, literally nothing else matters any more. Use String Shot to grab a TV and pull it down on to him. That ought to sting. Then use a Bug Bite-String Shot to combo to latch onto Emboar, and increase the velocity and power of your bite.

String Shot (bring down a TV onto Emboar) >>> Bug Bite+String Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)