2 vs 2 singles Pippy vs loudkirbyking (Steampowered ref)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open Challenge!
2 vs 2 singles
2 day DQ
2 recovers, 5 chills per poke
Arena:

Mt. Layuda: *A mountain that is always stormy, and therefore has infinite and unchangeable rain. We are battling on a large puddle (only about a 1/2 in. deep) with a few dry rocks to step on (see pic). At the end of round, a *thunderbolt (with 10 base damage) hits the water, hitting all pokemon not on one of those rocks. (apply weakness, resistance, and other effects)
Y'now what? Why not?

Switch: KO
Items: Disabled
Abilities: All

Sound good?
Here I am mountain climbing, up this treacherous mountain I've just set up camp when all of a sudden two trainers appear outside my tent. They lock eyes and realize that they must battle. Well I may as well grab some hot cocoa from by bag and watch this exciting battle take place.

Pippy's team

(Prinplup)* Pippy (M)
Nature: Timid (Multiples Base Speed by 1.15 and provides a flat accuracy boost on all attacks equal to its new Base Speed squared, then divided based on its evolution stage. Subtracts One Rank from Attack)

Type:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 2 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 56 (50X1.15^)

EC:4/9
MC:2
DC:2/5

Abilities:
Torrent: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any water attack is increased by two.
Defiant (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon has a deep sense of honor, and whenever one of its stats are decreased by an opponent's move, it's Attack increases by two stages.

Attacks:
Pound*
Growl*
Bubble*
Water Sport*
Peck*
BubbleBeam*
Bide*
Fury Attack*

Agility*
Hydro Pump*
Supersonic*

Ice Beam*
Grass Knot*
Surf*
Mist
Whirlpool
Metal Claw

(Pikachu)* Ukelele (M)
Nature:Naive (Multiples Base Speed by 1.15 and provides a flat accuracy boost on all attacks equal to its new Base Speed squared, then divided based on its evolution. Subtracts One Rank from Special Defense)

Type:
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spd: 104 (90X1.15^)

EC:4/9
MC:0
DC:2/5

Abilities:
Static: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this Pokemon.
Lightning Rod (DW): (Innate) These Pokemon naturally attract electricity to themselves and away from partners in double battles. When struck with an Electric attack, they tranfer the energy into their body, using it to increase their Special Attack by one stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Attacks:
Charm*
ThunderShock*
Tail Whip*
Thunder Wave*
Sweet Kiss*
Nasty Plot*

Charge*
Fake Out*
Wish*

Thunderbolt*
Volt Switch*
Grass Knot*
Thunder
Volt Tackle

(Onix) Rocky (M)
Nature: Careful (Adds One Rank to Special Defense; Subtracts One Rank From Special Attack)

Type:
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 6
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 70

EC:0/6
MC:0
DC:0/5

Abilities:
Rock Head: (Innate) This Pokemon’s hard body prevents it from taking recoil damage from moves such as Double-Edge, Flare Blitz, and Head Smash.
Sturdy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one. The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten Base Attack Power.
Weak Armor (DW): (Can Be Enabled) The Pokemon can loosen its worn defensive armor so that it will break off when an opponent uses a contact attack, reducing the Pokemon's Defense and increasing their Speed by one stage for each hit.

Attacks:
Bind
Harden
Mud Sport
Tackle
Screech
Rock Throw
Rage
Rock Tomb
Smack Down
Sandstorm

Stealth Rock
Flail
Rock Climb

Roar
Earthquake
Stone Edge

loudkirbyking's team
Ralts(*) Wisdom (Male)
Nature: Modest (Adds One (1) Rank to Special Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Attack)
Type: Psychic
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Synchronize: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.
Trace: (Can be activated) This Pokemon can copy an ability of the opponent and replace Trace for six (6) actions. Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.
Telepathy(DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has a mental link with its allies in multiple allies, allowing it to avoid taking damage from attacks that affect the whole field like Earthquake and Surf.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 0 (-)
Def: Rank 1
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 40

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Growl(*)
Confusion(*)
Double Team(*)
Teleport(*)
Lucky Chant(*)
Magical Leaf(*)
Heal Pulse(*)
Calm Mind (*)

Thunderbolt(*)
Will-o-wisp(*)
Shadow Ball(*)

Synchronize(*)
Shadow Sneak(*)
Confuse Ray(*)

Tirtouga(*) Cagnazzo (Male)
Nature: Careful (Adds One (1) Rank to Special Defense; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Attack)
Type: Water, Rock
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Abilities:
Solid Rock: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is extremely solid and durable, and the Base Attack Power of incoming super-effective attacks is reduced by two (2).
Sturdy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.
Swift Swim (DW): The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 22

EC: 0/6

Attacks:
Bide(*)
Withdraw(*)
Water Gun(*)
Rollout(*)
Bite(*)
Protect(*)
Aqua Jet(*)
AncientPower(*)
Crunch(*)
Wide Guard(*)

Rock Polish(*)
Waterfall(*)
Earthquake(*)

Iron Defense(*)
Body Slam(*)
Rock Throw(*)

Pawniard(*), Courage (Female)
Nature: Adamant (Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Attack)
Type: Dark, Steel
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

Abilities:
Defiant: (Innate) The Pokemon has a deep sense of honor, and whenever one of its stats are decreased by an opponent's move, it's Attack increases by two (2) stages.
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Pressure (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon’s presence fills the air with intense anxiety, and any damaging or status attack launched at this Pokemon costs the opposing Pokemon two (2) more energy to perform.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 1(-)
Spe: 60

EC: 0/6

Attacks:
Scratch (*)
Leer (*)
Fury Cutter (*)
Torment (*)
Faint Attack (*)
Scary Face (*)
Metal Claw (*)

X-Scissor (*)
Brick Break (*)
Shadow Claw (*)

Sucker Punch (*)
Psycho Cut (*)
Revenge (*)

Pippy sends out his first Pokemon
loudkirbyking sends out his first Pokemon
loudkirbyking issues orders
Pippy issues orders
I ref
Pippy issues orders
loudkirbyking issues orders
I ref
repeat steps 3 to 8

Um... I was supposed to send out first, but whatever. I'm choosing Pippy!

(Prinplup)* Pippy (M)

Well Pippy was supposed to send his pokemon out first (see above) so wait untill Pippy sends out his poke and then send out yours loudkirbyking

(for next time cuz Pippy already sent out his poke)

Meep, sorry. I read it the other way around... Shows what happens when I'm still drowsy, I guess lol. (Oh snap, my opponent has yawned me!) I'll still send in orders first, since it was my problem from the beginning.

Well, since I got confused, Start with a Confuse Ray to make the opponent the same way. Then, Shock the heck outta the thing with Thunderbolt! Finally, Calm your mind to prepare for the next round. Also, Wisdom, if you see him trying a Bide on you, Don't Thunderbolt! Instead, Calm Mind again.

Confuse Ray - Thunderbolt - Calm Mind. If Bide, replace Thunderbolt with Calm Mind.

Alright Pippy! Start off with Agility to dogde Confuse Ray. Then trap it with Whirlpool, making it harder for Wisdom to aim the Thunderbolt. Then just use BubbleBeam so you don't lose your focus. Make sure you're on a rock at the end of the round!

Prinplup(*) Pippy (Male)
Spe: 56

HP 100
Energy 100
Boosts
Other

Ralts(*) Wisdom (Male)
Atk: Rank 0 (-)
Def: Rank 1
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 40

HP 100
Energy 100
Boosts
Other

I get out a little camping chair and some hot chocolate and watch as these two intense battlers begin to face off. Pippy with Pippy and loudkirbyking with Wisdom. The battle begins and Pippy looks like he's relaxing?!? What is this, I was expecting something exciting! Not that it matters because Wisdom is concentrating all it's attention towards Pippy. Whoa, all of a sudden Wisdom shoot out a very confusing ray of light straight towards Pippy. It's headed straight for Pippy but wait, where did Pippy go? He was there just a second ago. I understand now, his movement was so fast from the agility that my eyes couldn't even register it. Pippy all of a sudden appears behind Wisdom and creates a large whirlpool in the water where Wisdom is standing for some good damage thanks to the rain. Wisdom, now trapped by the super-powerful whirlpool looks calm despite the raging torrents. All of a sudden the clouds over-top off Pippy's fire off a deadly thunderbolt. It seems Pippy forgot that certain electric attacks are far more accurate in the rain. The thunderbolt does good damage and even worse for Pippy is it paralyzes him. Not that it matters to Pippy because he can still move faster than Wisdom because of his speed boost. Pippy continues on with the water attacks and hits Wisdom with bubblebeam for some good damage. Wisdom knows that even though the battle isn't going his way at the moment he calms his mind and gets ready for the next round. Pippy senses something and runs towards the rock in the middle of the stage and thankfully doesn't get paralyzed. Wisdom on the other hand is still trapped inside the whirlpool when a large thunderbolt trikes the water hitting everything in the water. Poor Wisdom getting a beating like that and now the thunderbolt.

Prinplup(*) Pippy (Male)

HP 85
Energy 85
Boosts +1 speed
Other Paralyze (10%)

Ralts(*) Wisdom (Male)

HP 48
Energy 81
Boosts +1 special attack, +1 special defence
Other Whirlpool (1 more actions)

Alright Pippy, time to finish this. Use Hydro Pump on Wisdom, and don't worry about focusing on the Whirlpool. Afterwards, set up another Whirlpool, followed by a BubbleBeam. If it tries to Confuse Ray or Will o Wisp, use Agility instead to dodge it. Again, make sure you're on a rock at the end of the round.

Time to unload, Wisdom! Teleport the heck outta that Whirlpool(And to dodge the Hydro Pump) and onto another rock. Then, Confuse Ray like there's no tomorrow! Finally, Use a Magical Leaf to knock it into the water and keep him there until that Thunderbolt shocks the heck outta it.

Teleport - Confuse Ray - Magical Leaf

Prinplup(*) Pippy (Male)

HP 85
Energy 85
Boosts +1 speed
Other Paralyze (10%)

Ralts(*) Wisdom (Male)

HP 48
Energy 81
Other Whirlpool (1 more actions)

Still Pippy is faster than Wisdom even with his paralysis and attempts a hydo pump which flies straight towards Wisdom but despite the whirlpool, it still misses! How lucky for Wisdom because he suddenly teleports out of that nasty whirlpool which has been such a pain of him and onto one of the safe rocks. Not that it mattered because Pippy stopped focusing on the whirlpool so it disappears. Wait a second, it was because he was starting up another whirlpool so it didn't matter if he kept the other one going, and it hits Wisdom straight on. Wisdom manages however to stay on the rock despite the whirlpool raging around him. Wisdom then tries to shoot a confusing ray of light at Pippy, but wait all of a sudden Pippy looks like he's relaxing, it looks like he's trying for another agility. But for some reason he can't move, it looks like he's fully paralyzed. The ray of light on the other hand, hits Pippy square on and he now looks severely confused. Wisdom realizes that this is his chance and fires off some magical leaves right at Pippy. The leaves follow Pippy like heat seeking missiles and strike Pippy square in the chest. Wait, for some reason the leaves have blown Pippy into the water and have pinned him there. Look out Pippy theres a large thunderbolt coming! Sadly for Pippy, the thunderbolt strikes doing massive damage.

This match can still go anybody's way.

Prinplup(*) Pippy (Male)

HP 59
Energy 67
Boosts +1 speed
Other paralyze (5%), severe confusion

Ralts(*) Wisdom (Male)

HP 36
Energy 68
Other

loudkirbyking's actions

With his paralysis, I think you should be faster since his speed has worn off, Wisdom. Start of by Double Teaming two clones of yourself. Between confusion and multiple targets, it should make that Prinplup flip out. Second, shoot one heck of a Thunderbolt! Don't want him to be doing a lot of damage. End it with another Magical Leaf to knock him into the water! Make sure you stay on that rock, though. Also, if you're in a whirlpool while preparing your thunderbolt, replace it with Shadow Sneak to sneak out of the whirlpool and over to him.

Double Team 2 clones - Thunderbolt/Shadow Sneak if trapped in whirlpool - Magical Leaf

BTW, I should still have +1 speed, as the counter goes down until it hits one. Anywho, fire another Hydro Pump at Wisdom, then use Agility to dodge Thunderbolt. Finish with BubbleBeam to hit Ralts, the clones, and Magical Leaf. Make sure your on a rock!

Sorry about the stat boosts there, but now that that's fixed let's get back to the battle.

Prinplup(*) Pippy (Male)

HP 59
Energy 67
Boosts +1 speed
Other Paralyze (5%), severe confusion (3 more actions)

Ralts(*) Wisdom (Male)

HP 36
Energy 68
Other

Pippy hax

The round begins with Pippy charging up for what look like another hydro pump. But sadly looks very confused and hits himself instead. Wisdom, pleased with what he's done begins to to laugh. What is this, all of a sudden there appear to be 3 different Wisdoms running around. This looks like the work of a double team. Pippy looks like he's in trouble, he's now confused, paralyzed and there are 3 different Wisdoms. All of a sudden Wisdom conjures up a large thundercloud. Wisdom lets out a devastating thunderbolt. Pippy tries to dodge the electric attack with and agility but hits himself in confusion. Wisdom pleased with this hits him with his thunderbolt for massive damage. Thankfully for Pippy that thunderbolt snapped him out of confusion. Pippy decides to finish up by finally getting some damage in and soots off a beam of bubbles. It unfortunately strikes a clone. Wisdom laughs at this and fires off a magical leaf at Pippy which hits for good damage but doesn't knock Pippy off of the rock. Wisdom tries to get all of his clones onto the rock but the thunderbolt strikes the water and takes out his remaining clones.

Prinplup(*) Pippy (Male)

HP 28
Energy 50
Boosts +1 speed
Other Paralyze (5%),

Ralts(*) Wisdom (Male)

HP 36
Energy 48
Other

Wait, shouldn't all of our boosts be gone by now?

Er, anyway, let's end this quick, Wisdom! Magical Leaf spammers, go! Kidding, kidding. Start off by using a Magical Leaf around you, that way if he launches any sort of attack, the leaves will block some of the power. Defensive tactics ftw. Then, Calm your mind for the moment. Keep your head cool with those leaves around you. Finally, slam that Prinplup into the water with one heck of a Magical Leaf! If that shield of leaves is still in tact by then, use that to boost the power to launch him into the water.

Magical Leaf(Shield) - Calm Mind - Magical Leaf(Assault)

((If the boosts are gone/were gone from last round, let me know. It helps in my strategy of plotting, and I'd like to edit actions if they're gone))

No, the boosts drop until they're at +1. Alright, break those leaves and trap Wisdom in a Whirlpool. Then use Supersonic to confuse him, followed up with a BubbleBeam to counter the Magical Leaf and do some damage.

The stat changes decrease until their at -1/+1 loudkingkirby

Prinplup(*) Pippy (Male)

HP 28
Energy 50
Boosts +1 speed
Other Paralyze (5%),

Ralts(*) Wisdom (Male)

HP 36
Energy 48
Other

And we're back up on top of the mountain where a crazy battle is still taking place. The rain is still going strong, good thing I'm in a tent enjoying all of this. The battlers on the other hand are drenched, but they are still at it, neither backing down. The round begins with Pippy, look at him, he seems to be creating a large whirlpool just underneath the surface of the puddle. Wisdom seems to not take notice and begins to prepare an attack, when all of a sudden Pippy pops up out of nowhere right in Wisdom's face. That looked like it was scared Wisdom so much that he's backing up, right into the whirlpool! All of a sudden Wisdom's foot steps back once more only to find that there's no land to put his foot on and he falls right into Pippy's whirlpool. That tricky penguin. Wisdom is now trapped in another whirlpool, but still manages to get a few magical leaves to surround him and protect him from incoming attacks. Man it looks tough keeping those leaves around him even with the raging whirlpool. He probably had to use even more energy than normal. Pippy doesn't seem to mind this and continues on with his attacks. He jumps onto his belly and uses his wings to propel himself at an alarming speed. It looks like he's headed straight for the whirlpool. Just before he dives straight into the whirlpool he uses his feet and wings to propel himself over top of the whirlpool and fires some supersonic waves right over top of Wisdom's head. Luckily for Pippy they hit fight on target and poor Wisdom is now intensely confused. Wisdom can't seem to focus on one thing and thus, the leaves protecting him fall and get washed away in the whirlpool. Wisdom tries to think properly for a second and calm his mind. He seems to be a little more relaxed now but still very confused. Pippy, seeing that this is his opportunity decides to go in for some more damage. He positions himself on a rock and fires a beam of bubbles at Wisdom. It strikes Wisdom right in the stomach for some good damage but doesn't quite knock Wisdom out. Wisdom know that this is it for him and tries for some more damage just before he's finished by the inevitable thunderbolt and launches off one final magical leaf right at Pippy. It strikes Pippy hard, but not enough to knock him into the water. Knowing this is it, Wisdom awaits his fate. The thunderbolt strikes and Wisdom is KO.

Prinplup(*) Pippy (Male)

HP 16
Energy 38
Boosts +1 speed
Other

Ralts(*) Wisdom (Male)

HP KO
Energy dead
Boosts
Other

1 KO counter for Pippy

loudkingkirby sends out Pokemon

Pippy issues actions

How come no damage from that last Magical Leaf? From what I saw, the bubblebeam didn't block it. Ah well, Courage the Pawniard, come on out! Good job so far, Pippy.

Well that worked better than I thought it would. :D Alright Pippy, lets do as much damage as we can before you go down. That last stratigy was succesful, so lets try it again. Whirlpool, Supersonic, BubbleBeam. Make sure you're on a rock. If he tries to Sucker Punch, use Agility instead. If you don't get the whirlpool up, use Hydro Pump instead of BubbleBeam.

(BTW, remember Courage has 90HP. So did Wisdom, but not much we can do about it now)

Courage, show off your courage! Suck up that Whirlpool like a champ, then Revenge! If it's still alive after that assault, Sucker Punch to stop that Prinplup from Supersonicing! With that sneaky tactic, End it with one last Revenge! With that power, it should be shoved into the water with ease.

Revenge - Sucker Punch - Revenge

Ok I'm super sorry Pippy, this was the first time I got a chance to sit down today and I know you're on a tight schedule so I'll try and be as fast as possible

Prinplup(*) Pippy (Male)

HP 16
Energy 38
Boosts +1 speed
Other

Courage (*) Pawniard (Female)

HP 90
Energy 100
Boosts
Other

Pippy is worn out now, he's down to his final bit of health. Courage on the other hand is ready to go. Pippy knows that this will be his last attack. Thanks to his speed boost, Pippy launches himself straight at Courage. He wastes no time in creating a large whirlpool at Courage's feet. Courage however had already prepared for this and simply takes the whirlpool with ease. What a champ. Pippy surprised to see Courage take the hit goes over to investigate. All of a sudden Courage slams into Pippy with all her might, getting her revenge on him. That must of hurt for Pippy with all the sharp appendages Pawniards have. It looks like this is it, Pippy has probably fainted now, wait, it looks like Pippy is getting back up! He still has some health left. Miraculously, Pippy goes in for one more attack. Courage is prepared for the attack and gets ready to sucker punch, but it fails because Pippy was using supersonic, a non damaging move. Pippy launches the supersonic waves at Courage but they sadly miss. What luck for Pippy, he decides to finish up with a beam of bubbles. They hit for some good damage thanks to the rain. Courage once again takes the hit with ease and follows up by slamming into at full strength with revenge. This finally manages to knock out Pippy.

Prinplup(*) Pippy (Male)

HP KO
Energy waffle
Boosts
Other

Courage (*) Pawniard (Female)

HP 63
Energy 86
Boosts
Other whirlpool (1 more action)

1 KO counter for Courage

Pippy sends out Pokemon

loudkingkirby issues commands

No problem Steampower. Alright, I'm sending out Ukelele!

(Pikachu)* Ukelele (M)

See you later!

Courage, not a good situation to be in... Prepare yourself for a hard ending fight. Start by using Torment. This should stop him from abusing some attack. Next, Faint Attack over and hit him. Damage is keen, and that Pikachu is gonna have to take the pain if you're going to make it. End it with another Faint Attack. That should hurt.

Also, If you see him charging up a Thunder, replace a Faint attack with a Sucker Punch. It might break his focus.

Torment - Faint Attack - Faint Attack. If thunder on last two actions, replace with Sucker Punch.

Start off with a powerful Thunder! Then give him a nice, Sweet Kiss, followed up. by a Thunderbolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)