LF 1v1
Beginner battle
send ONLY 1 POKEMON INTO THE REF
1 day DQ, double for ref
no recovers / 2 chills

Can't switch (obviously)
One Ability
Disable Items
I am going to assume that it is the tournament arena: absolutely nothing special and all moves can be used.

Pilcowatt [Keisha] [M]

Nature: Lonely (+ Attack, - Defense)

Type: Electric / Water
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Trace: (Can be Activated) This Pokemon can copy an ability of the opponent and replace Trace for six (6) actions. Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.
Magic Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it.
Shed Skin (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.

Stats: 21 / 29 / 13 / 28 / 14 / 95

HP: 80
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 0 (-)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 1
Spe: 95

Attacks:
Bubble
Charge
Tackle
Thundershock
Detect

Counter
Mirror Coat
Signal Beam

Wild Charge
Scald
Ice Beam

Larvesta(*) [Nora] (F)
Nature: Modest (Special Attack increased by *, Attack decreased by *)

Type:

Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.
Bug: Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.

Abilities:
Flame Body: (Innate) This Pokemon’s external temperature is kept at such a high level that any contact attack used on this Pokemon has a 30% chance of burning the opponent.
Swarm (DW): (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any Bug-typed attack is increased by 2. (eg Silver Wind goes from 6 to 8, X-Scissor from 8 to 10)

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 60

EC:0/6
MC:0
DC:0/5

Attacks:
Ember(*)
String Shot(*)
Leech Life(*)
Take Down(*)

Morning Sun(*)
Harden(*)
Magnet Rise(*)

Psychic(*)
Will-o-Wisp(*)
Protect(*)

Now I recognize that this is Maxim's first match, and he can feel free to ask any questions.

Pilcowatt and Larvesta are sent out automatically (no posts necessary for this)
Maxim gives three actions
Venser gives three actions
I ref the first round

Oh darn, up against a water type, ah well

Don't worry Nora (with Flame Body), we can still do this

Let's start with a good Will-o-Wisp to lessen the physical moves he has, then follow up with a Psychic attack, and finally String Shot to slow him down.

Btw, this is my first match so I'm not all familiar with the game, I think this is how it works though

EDIT: does no recovery include moves such as leech life, or is it just limited to my morning sun?

You're correct, it's only moves like Morning Sun, moonlight, softboiled etc.

All right Keisha. You're going to be going with Magic Guard for this match. That should keep us safe from that burn as long as we avoid our Wild Charge, so just slam him with a Scald to start. Then, relflect that Psychic right back at him with a Mirror Coat! End by Detecting to keep your speed up.

Scald ~ Mirror Coat ~ Detect

Quickly after the match is arranged, the ref, C$FP (holding a DSi in his hand, playing his first run through of BW, playing White version), and the contestants arrive at the battling location (the tournament arena, absolutely nothing special). Just as the challenge was issued, each trainer brought just one Pokemon. Maxim, walking into his first battle, brings Nora the Larvesta, with a Flaming Body. Venser, a much more experienced ASB player, walks in with Keisha the Pilcowatt, protected by a Magical Guard. It looks like this might be a rough first battle for Maxim, considering Venser's Pokemon has a type advantage.

HP: 80
Energy: 100
Atk: 3
Def: 0
SpA: 2
SpD: 1
Boosts/Drops:
Ability: Magic Guard

HP: 90
Energy: 100
Atk: 2
Def: 2
SpA: 3
SpD: 2
Boosts/Drops:
Ability: Flame Body

Keisha starts this match by sending boiling water at Nora, Scalding her. Nora sends a ghostly blue fiery Will-o-Wisp at Keisha, but Keisha will resist the damage from the burn. Keisha starts surrounding himself with an aura, coating himself with a Mirror-like Coat, preparing for something. Nora then uses Psychic powers to harm Keisha. Keisha then releases the energy absorbed from the aura right back at Nora! Keisha immediately follows up by Detecting that Nora will shoot a String Shot at him. Just as Keisha expected, Nora sends a String Shot at Keisha, who dodges it. Let's look at how the Pokemon are doing so far:

HP: 68
Energy: 76
Boosts/Drops:

HP: 55
Energy: 82
Boosts/Drops:

Action 1:
Keisha: Scald: [8 + 3 + (2-2)*1.5]*1.5 = 16.5, rounds to 17 Damage, 5 Energy
Nora: Will-o-Wisp: 7 energy

Action 2:
Nora: Psychic: 9 + (3-1)*1.5 = 12 Damage, 7 Energy
Keisha: Mirror Coat: 12*1.5 = 18 Damage, 12 Energy

Action 3:
Keisha: Detect: 7 Energy
Nora: String Shot: 4 Energy

Venser's actions
Maxim's actions
I ref

Ouch.

so magic guard prevents him from being burned at all? I thought it would burn him, but it would only hamper his physical moves rather than do any damage.

Edit: Almost forgot to give venser my gl hf. May the best trainer win :)

Actually, it probably would still affect him. I will get find out for sure tomorrow, but it has no effect on the result of the last round. Feel free to wait until then to post any actions.

The sweat beading down his forehead, Maxim contemplated his situation. It seemed a sure loss, with a type and experience disadvantage. He had known that venser was quite experienced, but took the opportunity to foolishly accept his challenge. He...

Nora: Sir, are you doing a monologue again?

Maxim: Uhhh no

Nora: So what are we going to do now?

Maxim: Well, we obviously aren't going to win by brute force, unless we land a lucky crit or something. No, we're going to need to use strategy. First, we need to get that shrimp out of the water, so i need you to grab him and...

Nora: That sounds good, but there's just one problem.

Maxim: What?

Nora: I have no arms.

Maxim:.........................DANG IT!

Maxim: Ok, how about this, you use psychic to drain all the water into a ball and...

Nora: No

Maxim: Sigh, ok, I have a plan that might actually work. First, I want you to use String Shot to pseudo-Bind him. Second, use Magnet Rise to float up in the air along with the shrimp. Finally, use a Take Down to slam Keisha into the ground.

Nora: So essentially a Sky Drop with a Body slam added on

Maxim: Yeah

Nora: Brilliant! But i'm not sure the ref's going to go with that

Maxim: Well, I'll talk with the ref about it, if he says it's not good, I'll whistle and you move on to Plan B. Plan B is simple, String Shot to pin him to the wall, then use Take Down while he's on the wall to induce a pile driver like effect, then use Leech Life to recover some health.

Maxim: Finally, if the ref doesn't go with either of those revert to Plan Z once I clap twice.

Nora: What's Plan Z?

Maxim:Protect-Leech Life-Protect and pray to Arceus for a crit. :(

Nora: Okay Max

So in summary

Plan A:

String Shot (bind Keisha)-Magnet Rise (lift both pokes)-Take Down(slam Keisha into ground)

If Plan A is deemed illegal by ref
Plan B:
String Shot (bind Keisha to wall)-Take Down(slam Keisha into wall)-Leech Life

If neither plan is deemed legal by ref
Plan C:
Protect-Leech Life-Protect

Alright, I made the minor changes to the first round, fixing the whole thing with the burn. Also, I am going to note right here that I feel that Plan A is illegal, but Plan B is fine. I added 5 damage to Take Down because being slammed against the wall probably makes it hurt a lot more.

HP: 68
Energy: 76
Boosts/Drops:

HP: 55
Energy: 82
Boosts/Drops:

This round starts off with Keisha once again Scalding Nora with steaming hot water. Nora Shoots a String at Keisha, slowing him down and pinning him against the wall. Still slightly faster than Nora, Keisha summons a Thundershock to attack Nora. Taking advantage of the pinned-down Keisha, Taking him Down, knocking him off the wall, but the string is still slowing him down. Now a bit free to move around, Keisha shoots Scalding water at Nora once again, who is now looking pretty weak. With some of the energy that she still has, Nora Leeches some Life out of Keisha, making Nora feel a little better. Let's take a look at the Pokemon:

HP: 39
Energy: 64
Boosts/Drops: -1 Speed(putting it at 63)

HP: 16
Energy: 63
Boosts/Drops:

Action 1:
Nora: String Shot: 4 Energy

Action 2:
Keisha: Thundershock: 4 + 3 + (2-2)*1.5 = 7 Damage, 2 Energy
Nora: Take Down: 9 + 5 + (2-0)*1.5 = 17 Damage, 7 Energy, 4 Recoil

Action 3:
Nora: Leech Life: 6 + 3 + (3-1)*1.5 = 12 Damage, 8 Energy, 6 Healed

Maxim's actions
Venser's actions
I ref

Maxim: Well, that was pretty good actually, though i think we may still be screwed.

Nora: It's alright Max, we tried, got pretty close too.

Maxim: Well, we may still have a shot at this. First, use Leech Life twice to try and survive. After that, go for broke and use Psychic. Oh, and if he tries to scald you again, use Protect on that action and move everything right. One last thing, if he tries to counter you, use Psychic instead.

Nora: Well, at least if we do lose, I'll get one step closer to being a Volcarona.

Maxim: Yeah, ref, what do I get if/when I lose, counter wise?

Summary
Leech Life-Leech Life-Psychic
Sub Protect in and move everything right if scald is used
Sub Psychic if he counters leech life

Too many subs but oh well.

Detect ~ Bubble ~ Mirror Coat

Also, if you lose, you get 2 TC and your Pokemon gets 2 MC ~ 1 DC ~ 1 EC

Too many subs but oh well.

Detect ~ Bubble ~ Mirror Coat

Also, if you lose, you get 2 TC and your Pokemon gets 2 MC ~ 1 DC ~ 1 EC
Oh, I take it you can make only one sub? Whoops

ah well, let's just see how this one turns out, GG Venser.please crit please crit

HP: 39
Energy: 64
Boosts/Drops: -1 Speed(putting it at 63)

HP: 16
Energy: 63
Boosts/Drops:

Keisha seems to be at an advantage here as she plays the defensive here, Detecting Nora's next move. Just as Keisha anticipated, Nora tries to use Leech Life, but Keisha dodges it. Keisha then shoots some Bubbles at Nora, leaving her very damaged. This time successfully, Nora uses Leech Life and gains back some much needed health. Keisha starts up an aura, Mirror Coating himself just like before. Nora then uses Psychic powers to attack, and the aura seems to have gathered some of that energy. And BOOM -- that energy is launched at Nora, leaving her on the ground, fainted.

HP: 15
Energy: 40
Boosts/Drops:

HP: -8
Energy: 42
Boosts/Drops:

Action 1:
Keisha: Detect: 11 Energy
Nora: Leech Life: 6 + 3 + (3-1)*1.5 = 12 Damage blocked, 8 Energy
Action 2:
Keisha: Bubble: [4 + 3 + (2-2)*1.5]*1.5 = 11.5, rounds to 12 Damage, 1 Energy
Nora: Leech Life: 6 + 3 + (3-1)*1.5 = 12 Damage, 8 Energy, 6 Healed

Action 3:
Nora: Psychic: 9 + (3-1)*1.5 = 12 Damage, 7 Energy
Keisha: Mirror Coat: 12*1.5 = 18 Damage, 12 Energy

Despite that type disadvantage, this was actually a fairly close match. Claims:

Venser wins, Maxim loses;
Maxim and Venser each get 2 TC;
Keisha gets 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, and 1 KOC;
Nora gets 1 EC, 2 MC, and 1 DC;
C$FP gets 2 RC.

Nora: I'm sorry max...

Maxim: naw, that's all right, you did suprisingly well.

GG Venser, so how'd i do?

I would have to say that you did pretty well. You had a type disadvantage and Keisha only had 18 HP left, and you did the uncommon thing that is taking advantage of things that only occur in ASB (the String Shot/Take Down thing).

Yeah, the String Shot/ Take Down thing is something more people should be thinking about. You definitely did well considering I was a water type and had CounterCoat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)