Unrelenting Ubers Offensive(first RMT)

Hey guys this is my first RMT so lets get to the intro

Introduction: I've always liked ubers as a tier because it's a really offensive metagame and the pokemon have huge attacking stats, also there is less stupid gimicky stuff(you dont see unaware quagsire much). I made this team based on one of my favorite pokemon sets-double dance groudon. I tried to make the other 5 pokes either benefit from sun, or help to counter the omnipotent rain and everyones least favorite whale, Kyogre. I peaked on the PO ladder at 59th, with a ranking of 1430, however, lately I've been losing more than I would like and wanted to see what you guys had to say. So with that, lets take a look at the team.

All changes will be put in BOLD

THE TEAM

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 248 hp/112 atk/148 speed
Moveset
Swords Dance
Rock Polish
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Groudon has always been my lead when I make an ubers team. Alot of people use him as bulk, or a supporter with twave, SR, dtail, etc. I however think that this is a blatant disrespect to his amazing ability to 6-0 a team. There have been many a time when someone leads with forretress and gets up full spikes/SR/tspikes, and lets me get to +4/+6, then when they explode and i dont die, they get swept. I chose rock slide over stone edge because of the accuracy, theres nothing worse than getting 1200 attack and missing causing your death, and with a few SDs the power difference doesnt really matter. The EVs may seem a little strange and thats because they are. 148 speed lets me outspeed deoxys s after a rock polish, 112 atk gives me 400 attack with adamant, i just thought this was a nice number, the rest are in hp to give him enough bulk to survive hits while he sets up.

Rayquaza@ life orb
Ability: Air Lock
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 atk/252 speed/4hp
Moveset
Swords Dance
Extremespeed
Outrage
Earthquake

I've had trouble with this slot in general, I tried Ho-oh, Lugia, Reshiram, and I finally decided to go with Rayquaza, but this can change depending on what you guys say. The reason I chose him was to have another Espeed user. Scarf Kyogre with water spout dominates team that are unprepared for it so I went with adamant life orb to pack as much power with espeed as I could to take down the power of that water spout. I also tried focus sash for a while, but I settled on the extra power of life orb. I went with adamant over jolly because you dont really need speed if you have priority and even with jolly, most of the other dragons running around outspeed him anyway. Outrage is for when I know something is slower, as some kyogre are, and eq is for the steels. Ive considered running fire blast or flamethrower with some spatk evs due to the sun of groudon and irritating ferrothorn but i usually only get in a few espeeds before he dies anyway.

Arceus-Normal@leftovers
Ability: Multitype
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 156hp/252atk/96 speed
Moveset
Swords Dance
Extremespeed
Shadow Claw
Earthquake

After losing tons of battles to him, I decided no team can really be complete without some form of arceus. Lots of people run steel type, but I think they are missing out on the sheer power of STAB priority. I chose leftovers and recover to keep him around the longest because he can take so many hits with his bulk and deal out so much damage so keeping him in the game is essential. Shadow claw hits otherwise walling Giratina. Ive considered lum berry because he hates getting burned as he often does by Giratina or Arceus Steel if shadow claw doesnt KO. Steel types wall me, Dialga and Arceus Steel are big problems, I could run a fire move, but I think recovery is more important.Ive switched to eq from recover to hit dialga which is a problem for the team. I also gave him different EVs, jolly with 96 outspeeds all base 100s like palkia, I still run max attack and now 156 in hp to give him lots of bulk

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Ability:pressure
Nature:Hasty
EVs: 252 Spatk/252Speed/4atk
Moveset
Spacial Rend
Thunder
Fire Blast
Outrage

Palkia is my Kyogre switch in. He takes Wspouts like a champ and almost always OHKOs with Thunder. He is faster than many dragons in the tier with his base 100 so thats why I run timid. Spacial rend is for slower dragons, and outrage is only for when its a 1v1 on blissey, i actually ran focuspunch for a while to hit bliss and ferrothorn because they usually dont attack, but once the opponent catches on, its worthless so I went with outrage. Fire Blast is a change over surf because it hits like a truck in the sun. I also changed from specs to scarf, and while the power drop is VERY noticeable, its great to come in on a scarf zekrom outrage and just ohko it with spacial rend.

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SPatk/252 Speed/4SDef
Moveset
Aurasphere
Psystrike
Flamethrower
Ice Beam

Mewtwo is one of the best special sweepers out there, Period. He's really fast and really powerful. You have to run timid otherwise Shaymin s can flinch you to death, trust me, I tried modest for a while and it sucks. Aura Sphere OHKOs stupid darkrai leads, Psystrike is for STAB and makes blissey poop herself, it also does work on ho-oh. Flamethrower in the sun hurts alot of things, namely steels which this team has some problems with. Ice beam hits shaymin s, dragons, groudon and lugia. These 4 moves are the toughest to pick out of all my pokes because mewtwo has soooo many options. He can run Tbolt, shadow ball for other mewtwo, taunt, explosion, calm mind, screens, grass knot, WOW, sub, and toxic. I like this moveset and the only real problem he has is opposing mewtwo, but flamethrower in the sun 2hkos most sets and I love psystrike over shadow ball just because of the fat nurse.

Saymin-S @ leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace(Ragequitter)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252Spatk/252speed/4hp
Moveset
Seed Flare
HP [Fire]
Substitute
Air Slash

Shaymin-S is really underappreciated in the ubers tier. He is really fast and forces tons of ragequits due to his trollish ability. Timid outruns modest mewtwo. I am running hp fire over solar beam now to take advantage of the sun and rape ferrothorn, im still considering leech seed, however Sub is for when I predict a switch so they have to outspeed me, AND hit me twice, other wise hitting me twice is almost impossible with damn air slash flinches. For a while I ran subseed, but kept getting ppstalled unintentionally and decided solar beam was the way to go.

THREATS

Kyogre takes away my sun and OHKOs many things with Spout and Surf, I can Espeed from Arceus or big Ray, but if it doesnt KO, Surf almost always does back. Palkia can switch in, but good players know to switch out from a specs thunder and most palkias are choiced so switching to Dialga or Ferrothorn is common, and Palkia can only take about 3 Water Spouts so constant switching isnt good.

Swift Swim teams in general run through my team like butter, Ive been swept by kingdra many times, and even floatzel has taken out my guys if arceus is gone.

Scarfed Dragons like palkia, Dialga, Reshiram, and Zekrom do tons of damage to my team as I dont have a steel Type, or dedicated physical wall, Ubers is so offensive though, I feel walls slow my team down and are easily broken by many mixed sets.

Arceus Steel can status lots of things and if in the rain is a huge problem, I only really have mewtwo for it, Groudon can also hit it with EQ, but hates getting burned and all of the A-Steels Ive seen have WOW

Toxic Spikes also is a thorn in my side, but nothing that has REALLY punished me, since the ubers game is so fast paced, this often doesnt matter.

Ferrothorn is just a bitch, in the rain its really hard to hit, mewtwo has asphere, and surprisingly shaymin s can drop its Sdef with seed flare and hit really hard with air slash to flinchHKO it

Chansey is a fat little whore who only takes 50% from mewtwo psystrike so shes hard to take down if arceus is gone, also if she runs twave over toxic, she can cripple arceus and rayquaza, but hopefully groudon can set up in her face and sweep.

Thanks a lot for reading this, its my first RMT and I'm all ears for any suggestions!

One last thing I forgot, and its kind of embarrassing, but I dont have any WOWers, so those damn lvl 1 arons kick my ass, I dont know if its worth editing for those, but just thought Id mention it

This team looks good, but scince you're having issues with Scarfed Dragons, perhaps consider a Choice Scarf over choice specs on Palkia. Also, try a Hasty nature on Palkia and put your 4 Sdef EVs into atk to make Outrage a little stronger. I hope this helped(:

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LO on Shaymin is much better than leftovers. It makes it more powerful and Shaymin's bad defenses mean it won't be taking enough hits to make Lefties worthwhile.

I recommend Fire Blast over Surf on Palkia. You run a Sun Team, so Surf is not the best because what if you don't run into a Kyogre for rain? Then you will have an essentially useless move. This also helps eliminate Ferrothorn, who stops Extremekiller-without-EQ sweeps.

Since this is an offensive team you ideally don't need a Dragon resist, but you definitely want something to outspeed them. Therefore, you should run Choice Scarf over Choice Specs on Palkia, as it outspeeds all the common Dragons and deals with them.

thanks you guys, i think i will definitely use fire blast for palkia and ill test out scarf to see how hard thunder hits the whale

I'd get rid of Solarbeam on Shaymin-S, since once the opponent knows you have it they can switch a Kyogre on it for free and possibly hit you with a Scarfed Ice Beam. Of course, running two Grass moves on a sweeper is also going to impede your neutral coverage. I'd run either HP Fire or Leech Seed in its place, depending on what you want to threaten more.

Hey, I like the team. My thoughts:

Groudon is a great lead. I bet you get a lot of 6-0 sweeps. (I'm pretty sure you've done it to me before)

I think Scarf is much better on Palkia because it allows him to outrun Scarf Kyogre and pretty much anything else that doesn't have a scarf. And I know surf is standard, but I like Aura Sphere/Focus Blast a lot better because it allows you to kill Arceus-Steel and Dialga, who you said had been trolling you before.

I also agree that shaymin-s should get rid of solarbeam for a sun-boosted HP Fire.

And as for Arceus, why not run a EV spread of 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd, with a Jolly nature. This gives you a lot more bulk, and you still outspeed Max Spd Giratina-O, Giratina, Dialga, Palkia, Manaphy, and the standard 220 Spd/neutral nature Lugia, so you aren't really losing anything on the speed side. Then you can dump Recover and go with Earthquake (for steels) or Overheat (for Ferrothorn and Foretress)

Oh, and if you run a Jolly nature on Raquaza, he will outrun Max Spd Kingdra, and Swift Swim won't work in Air Lock. This allows you to revenge Kingdra, since I know that you said Swift Swim teams kill you

this team is pretty decent as a whole but i suggest giving groundon stealth rocks instead of swords dance, its not needed. This team is pretty solid. Good luck in Ubers!

Your team is hazards weak. Your pokes who doesn´t get hit by spikes/toxic spikes are hit SE by SR. So pack a spinner (forry would be the best choice as it also would give you a dragon resist) maybe replacing rayquaza. Extremekiller, quite ironically,can be a little bit annoying, so a support arceus with WOW over extremekiller might help although i can understand if you are reluctant to it

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
I find the idea of running extremekiller arceus with rayquaza to be a bit redundant. That kinda just makes skarmory wall 1/2 of the team (extremekiller,ray,groudon) and chansey wall another 1/3 (palkia, skymin). If mewtwo goes down the whole team gets walled by chansey and skarm (skarmbliss sound familiar?).

Since SD ray is outclassed a bit by extremekiller (which you already have) why not switch ray for forry who can support the team with hazards and with the hazards, essentially remove chansey from the game, and prevent stall from being a very large threat with rapid spn while providing a dragon, and ice resist for the team :D.

Hope that helped and good luck in ubers. Also sometimes even the best uber rmts dont get attention just because most people dont rate ubers.

Thanks for the feed back guys, I think I'll try forretress and just not lead with him-not sure what the standard EV spread for him is but ill find it. I dont really worry about skarmory because I havent seen a single one...ever in ubers 5th gen, its ferrothorn and forretress. As for chansey, she doesnt REALLY wall me... shaymin can sub and get a special defense drop which is quite noticeable and flinchHKO with air slash, and palkia outrage still hits pretty hard but I see what youre saying. Ill try forretress out for this next round and see what happens.

Ok here are my thoughts:
-Every Uber team needs a steel type period. You make think you can play around it until you have a headache trying to decide what pokemon to sacrifice against a fast dragon locked in to Outrage or another Dragon move. Upon closer inspection of your team I honestly don't see how you're going to stop an opposing Scarf Palkia if it's late game and everything is weakened and the opposing one wins the speed tie against yours/it's already dead. Therefore Forretress/Ferrothorn would be a great addition to your team and I'd put it over Shaymin-S. Forretress can provide Rapid Spin and Stealth Rock, something else your team sorely needs or Ferrothorn can do the latter also and check Kyogre effectively.
-Now my other thought, 3 Sword Dancers on one team that are all completely walled by Skarmory/Bronzong!? My suggestion for this would be to change Groudon to the physically defensive variant with Roar/Dragon Tail since your quite weak to opposing Extremekiller Arceus. This variant is also quite good for setting up Stealth Rock which could lessen the pressure on Forretress/Ferrothorn if you decide to add it. Additionally Fire punch could work well on this Groudon since it lures Skarmory and killing that would open up a sweep for Arc/Ray. I'm assuming your strategy with Arc and Ray is trying to weaken their similar checks so the other can sweep similar to Raymence. Anyway that's all for now.

Question:

I also gave him different EVs, jolly with 96 outspeeds all base 100s like palkia, I still run max attack and now 156 in hp to give him lots of bulk
What is the point of EVing him to outspeed base 100s? Most of them are either Extremespeed targets or Pokemon with defensive EVs. The only ones you may/will see in Ubers are:

Celebi- Always a support set with Bulky EVs
Charizardlol- Extremespeed
Jirachi- Lack of power makes Scarf an unlikely Choice, so it's mainly bulky EVs
Manaphy- Extremespeed
Mew- Always bulky sets or Baton Pass.
Palkia- Extremespeed
Salamence- Extremespeed
Tentacruel- Always bulky EVs, boosted Extremespeed will kill anyway
Victini- This is probably the only reason, but with Adamant, you will always OHKO with +2 Extremespeed after Stealth Rock.

Let me suggest a slight change to the EVs. 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe Adamant. It allows you to outspeed Base 90+, and offer more power for just a very tiny loss in bulk. You'll still be able to take the strongest Draco Meteor from Giratina-o and recover it off easily, and give it an extra hurting after Adamant. The only important Pokemon who will be outspeeding you is Jolly Rayquaza, but he's an Extremespeed target, so its own Extremespeed is its only way to hit you, and an unboosted nonSTAB base 80 power attack is doing little to your bulky Arceus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)