It's a warped dimension ! [TR team OU]

Be Careful , it's a warped dimension !!

Introduction :

Hi Smogon, this is my first RMT, even though I've already built countless DPP and BW teams, and it is my most successful and fun team to play with in today metagame, and it's been doing pretty well on the ladder (before it got reset).

So as the title suggests, it is a Trick Room team, on which I'v been working for a long time, and it is the final version. Trick Room is often considered gimmick but it has some huge potential in today metagame with Excadrill, the genies and chlorophyll sweepers running rampant, and trick room makes them utterly useless. Unfortunately, a lot of players stick with the classic trick room plan, 3 sturdy defensive setup bait trick roomers and 3 sweepers that just sit there once TR ends .. pokemons such as Marowak or Rampardos aren't good choices for competetive trick room teams, especially with team preview, making your strategy rather obvious and easy to predict and to counter .. This team takes a different approach as nobody expects it to be a TR team from team preview, and by using OU pokemons that can work well either with or without TR. Enough talking and let's get to the team.

A closer look

Isidro (Smeargle) @ focus sash
trait : own tempo
Nature : jolly
Ev: 252 def / 252 HP

-Stealth rock
-Spikes / toxic spikes
-Magic coat
-Spore

This spot was being held by deoxys-s , but I changed to smeargle lately and it's doing well , this guy is often my lead unless I see an espeon in the team preview or something like that , trick room , out of all strategies , provoke a lot of switches , your opponent will try to stall out the turns by switching on resisted moves ..etc , so adding hazards to the team was an obvious choice , smeargle gets the job done pretty well , guarantee at least SR as well as crippling an opponent pokemon with spore..smeargle can also come later in the game and add some layer of spike or toxic spikes with his nice speed , magic coat is pretty nice to reflect taunt on opposing deoxys-S / whimsicott ..etc , smeargle allows me to start nicely against stall teams , which is a horrible match up against TR usually ..

lately I'v been having trouble against bulky water such as jellicent and vaporeon , so sometimes I use toxic spikes instead of spikes .. Anyway this "lead" gets the job done and I'm quite pleased with him .

Beherit ( Bronzong ) @ macho brace
Trait : Levitate
Nature : Brave
Ev : 252 HP / 252 Atk ( O iv spd )

-Trick room
-Gyro ball
-Earthquake
-Zen headbutt / rock slide

Bronzong is a staple on every trick room team , and for a reason , bronzong is even more valuable in BW , checking most of the sand sweepers , excellent bulk , good ability , and a really underestimated attack , with macho brace , gyroball is always at 150 BP , it ohko a lot of thing that doesn't resist it
with SR support , such as latios , landlos , latias gets 2hkoed , I'm really lazy to post some calcs but this thing is a nightmare for offensive teams .. bronzong is also a reliable dragon counter (a part from haxorus u_u ) , and it isn't trapped by magnezone , making strategies around removing steels for a dragon sweep useless .
because I run SR on smeargle already , I decided to add a coverage move in the last spot , zen headbutt is a nice secondary stab that let's me touch rotom-W (who is a massive threat) , and conkeldurr who thinks i'm setup bait ..but rock slide proved to be useful against volcarona ( another threat ) and the genies .. though choice !
Anyway bronzong is the only member on this team that didn't get removed , and it won't be anytime soon .

Guts ( tyranitar ) @ Expert belt
Trait : Sand stream
Nature : Brave
Ev : 252 Atk / 252 spAtk

-Crunch
-Superpower
-Fire blast
-Ice beam

Tyranitar , the monster , when building the team I thought about what weather would be the most neutral for my team , first I choosed ninetales because of dragonite getting "stab" on his fire moves , but then it would make me too weak offensively , tyranitar got the spot instead , high Atk ,low speed , huge bulk and excellent movepool , the ability to stallbreak and to
function in and out of TR , perfect , tyranitar gets perfect coverage with his moves , expert belt lets me get some surprise kills , and lure some threats to the team such as salamence or gliscor (even though he just protect everytime , I can switch to bluff him and get him the next time .Doesn't always work ) , tyranitar is a fine sweeper under TR and can destroy unprepared teams ..nothing much to add .

Griffith (Dragonite) @ Life orb
Trait : inner focus
Nature: Quiet
Ev : 252 Atk / 252 SpAtk

-Draco-meteor
-Superpower
-Fire blast
-Extremspeed / Roost

Dragonite is my other sweeper / stallbreaker , he's slow enough to sweep under TR , he has perfect synergy with bronzong , nice bulk , and he hits like a truck .. some people forgot about mixnite with all those bulky DD or parashuffler running around , so there's a surprise factor there .. anyway the moveset is pretty obvious , draco meteor + fire blast + superpower provide unresisted coverage , although he needs some prediction to function properly , team preview helps a lot here , dragonite is also a nice check to sun teams , and with his typing he find a lot of opprtunities to switch in ..the last slot is a problem for me .. extremspeed saved my ass so many times after TR ended but recently i'v found roost very helpful , SR + LO + SS means dragonite only comes out 1-2 times to sweep , roost lets it come more often and be more threatening , especially against balanced /stall teams ..

Inner focus is the chosen ability , because multiscale and superpower are illegal , and I need superpower to ohko some things like heatran , and it's always helpful against random paraflinch jirachi..moving on ..

Shierke (Jellicent) @ leftovers
Trait : Water Absorb
Nature: Bold
Ev : 252 HP / 252 def

-Trick room
-Scald
-Will-O-Wisp
-Recover

I really wanted this team to be as agressive as it can be , but drizzle teams just gave me trouble , specially politoed spec , jellicent is the defensive pivot of the team , capable of switching on it all day , although it must be carfeul of random toxic ( but defensive politoed is the least of my worries ) , anyway , jelly is a reliable trick roomers and is very difficult to switch into because of wow or scald , And he's also my counter to Scizor which is one of the biggest threats to TR teams , he also checks infernape nicely (if he doesn't pack grass knot -_- ) , moveset is pretty standard , no taunt because of TR and wow alongside scald may seem redundant but i don't like to rely on 30% chance of burn , specially facing dangerous sweepers like scizor or terrakium , recover for suvivability , the spread is pretty straighforward ( like all the spreads on the team duh ) , maximizing jellicent physical bulk , you might think that 2 trick roomers isn't enough , but bronzong + jellicent form a nice core that can setup Trick room on a good amount of poke in the meta , I never really had trouble setting it up , specially with my sweepers being able to do some damage even without TR up .

Skull Knight (scizor) @ life orb
Trait : Technician
Nature: Brave
Ev : 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def

-Swords dance
-Bullet Punch
-bug bite
-Superpower

Scizor is the last TR sweeper on my team , and a great one , under TR , a lot of his common counters don't check him anymore , rotom-w and heatran gets Ohkoed by +2 bug bite / superpower , gliscor doesn't come close to wall him as +2 bullet punch does something around 70% , the same can be said for skarmory who gets nailed by superpower +2 , scizor is also my check to one of the most annoying pokemon to face for TR teams , reuniclus , needless to say , scizor function extremly well without TR with his powerful bullet punch , he also adds a nice dark and ghost resist ..standard SD set is standard .​

Most notable threats :

I won't be really giving a complete threat list , but rotom-W , thundurus and volcarona are among the biggest threats for this team , the lack of electric resist really hurt this team , fortunaly I can nail him with pretty much all my team except for jellicent , and thundurus have a hard time setting up on this team anyway ..

So this is it folks .. thanx for reading . I'm hoping to have some nice rate .. Oh and sorry for the bad english sometimes .. see ya ^^ .

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
It's a nice TR team overall, but I can see Jellicent being a major pain in the butt.
That's why I recommend you to replace Fireblast with thunderbolt on Dragonite. It might be weird, but you already have Tyranitar as a major wallbreaker.
Anyway, opposing Jellicents won't be damaging you a lot with Dragonite and your own Jellicent ; All they can do is walling you, and that's where Tbolt changes the result. Also, it will allow Dragonite to run MultiScale for a sure sweep.
It will also make sure Thundurus doesn't setup on Scizor and rape you.

Have a nice day.

Thx for the rate agammemnon .. thunderbolt sounds sweet indeed i'll try it out ..

lately i'v been mostly bothered by gastrodon who can be really really bothersome .. if someone have any suggestions let me know ..

Well, you can always try to put Grass Knot on Bronzong, with some EV rearrangements. That way you can face bulky waters easier. Although that solution doesn't really convince me, but it's the only thing that came to my mind without changing any of your pokemon (:

Nice team you have here Z-Rex. :)

Trick Room is an awesome strategy in the current metagame that is mostly weather. If you're having issues with Gastrodon I'd recommend either giving Jellicent Toxic or replacing Smeargle with a Life Orb Heatran. It's slow enough to work in Trick Room and bulky enough to work outside of it as well. It also synergizes well with Scizor and can set up Stealth Rocks for you. Smeargle doesn't seem to provide much for you offensively, so Heatran can work out for you in that spot. Here's the set.

Heatran | Life Orb
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Grass
Modest
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Hope you consider this and gl. ^_^

I've ran Jellicent sets fairly successfully before, and if you run a WilloWisp on him then you Surf is probably better than scald, because it's redundant.

Nice team, with a very unique theme.
However, I see Starmie and Heatran able to sweep your entire team and should Tyranitar be down (who is the only one capable of taking a Hydro Pump with his special bulk and retaliate with a Crunch),this will be assured. Thunderbolt double as a Starmie counter with Dragonite, if TR is up and EQ will destroy Heatran, though. However if TR is not up, your team will be raped by them, so you you should probably play it safe when spotting them. Just saying.

Nice team you have here Z-Rex. :)

Trick Room is an awesome strategy in the current metagame that is mostly weather. If you're having issues with Gastrodon I'd recommend either giving Jellicent Toxic or replacing Smeargle with a Life Orb Heatran. It's slow enough to work in Trick Room and bulky enough to work outside of it as well. It also synergizes well with Scizor and can set up Stealth Rocks for you. Smeargle doesn't seem to provide much for you offensively, so Heatran can work out for you in that spot. Here's the set.

Heatran | Life Orb
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Grass
Modest
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Hope you consider this and gl. ^_^
Thx metagross :) , I'll definitly try this set out , just I need to know if HP grass really ohko gastrodon ..gotta calc .

I've ran Jellicent sets fairly successfully before, and if you run a WilloWisp on him then you Surf is probably better than scald, because it's redundant.
Yeah I'v got your point , but scald can get a burn on the switch without counting on wow shaky accuracy .. anyway thx ^^

Nice team, with a very unique theme.
However, I see Starmie and Heatran able to sweep your entire team and should Tyranitar be down (who is the only one capable of taking a Hydro Pump with his special bulk and retaliate with a Crunch),this will be assured. Thunderbolt double as a Starmie counter with Dragonite, if TR is up and EQ will destroy Heatran, though. However if TR is not up, your team will be raped by them, so you you should probably play it safe when spotting them. Just saying.
Hm , most heatran these days are specially defensive and can't do much to jellicent and tyranitar , all out LO starmie is definitly an issue but most i run into are rapid spin/recover starmie , these can't get past jellicent and dragonite .

Ok...1hour of comments and the forum crashed. BS !
Aww too bad , I was looking forward to your rate man ! :D .

Lately i'v been thinking about celebi , he can provide the team with rocks and check waters well .. might try it out ..

Anyway thanx a lot .

Bump !

Heatran didn't do well unfortunaly , it increased my weakness to rain teams and rotom-W .

So i'm gonna probably try celebi ..

Anyway if someone still have something to said , don't hesitate ! ^^

Actually, Celebi might be better for you. I was just trying to think of something that can beat Gastrodon and get hazards up for you since Smeargle isn't doing much in this generation outside of baton passing boosts. gl with it. ;)

bump ..

hm well finally i didn't change anything ,celebi didn't prove that useful seeing as scizor can outspeed her under TR .. so i just changed spike to toxic spike on smeargle and it helps against bulky water ,that makes the team weak to hydratation vaporeon and rotom but hey .. you can't cover everything :d

I love smeargle personally. but I don't see a goo use for it other than humor. I recommend a n aerodactyl. Aerodactyl on here gives the impression this is some sort of retarded sand team. i only say him since you seem to like keeping the element of surprise. the traditions smogon aerodactyl should be good there. just my opinion. good team though!

You know, there's a cute little (level 1) Smergle set that you could try out. The set is:

Smeargle
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: none
- Trick Room
- Spore
- Endeavour
- Dragon Rage

Basically, set Trick Room up, while your opponent switches, hits you, whatever. Then, outspeed and Spore the opponent. They'll switch, so then use Endeavour to bring an opponent to 1 HP. You'll still outspeed them, so finish them off with Dragon Rage. Then Endeavour again when the opponent bring in his next Pokemon. If played right, this Smeargle can run through literally half of an opponents' team (one asleep, one dead, and one reduced to 1 HP). If you want to switch out because you can see a Taunter / Ghost incoming, Trick Room will still be set up for your other teammates. I think you can limit yourself to Stealth Rock by putting it on Bronzong over Zen Headbutt / Rock slide. Tyranitar and Dragonite look as though they can stall-break rather effectively, so I won't suggest any changes there. If you wanted more insurance against stall, you could try Taunt on Jellicent over WoW. Scald will eventually burn stall Pokemon anyway, and you can wear them down with Taunt and Recover. Alternatively, Calm Mind Reuniclus absolutely shreds Stall teams, and when your opponent sees Trick Room used they will probably assume it's a OTR variant, which could lead to a nasty surprise.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Nice Trick Room team. Volcarona will give you some trouble, like you said. You best bets are Tyranitar who is 2HKOed by Bug Buzz, and Dragonite who can do anything in return if Volarona has a Quiver Dance under its belt. I suggest using Stone Edge over Superpower on Dragonite as dnite is your only reliable Volc switch-in. Stone Edge OHKOes Volcarona and still does decent damage versus Blissey (you have Scizor and Tyranitar for Blissey anyways).

I also suggest using Rock Slide over Ice Beam on Tyranitar for Volcarona. Ice Beam is mainly for Gliscor, but Dragonite lures in and KOs Gliscor while Scizor does 70%ish with +2 Bullet Punch like you said. Now that you only have 1 special attack on Tyranitar, I suggest using an Adamant; 252 HP / 252 Atk EV spread. This spread will greatly help with winning the weather war so your team doesnt have to deal with boosted attacks. Tyranitar loses some punch on Fire Blast, but Dragonite and Scizor can deal with Steel-types.

Your team also stuggles with Water-types such as Gastrodon, Rotom-W and Jellicent so you could use Toxic over Will-O-Wisp on Jellient. With Toxic you can stall out Gastrodon while still having the chance at burning stuff with Scald. Toxic doesn't help much with Rotom-W so I suggest using Celebi over Smeargle. Celebi can set up Trick Room like Smeargle while also checking Water-types. With Tyranitar eliminating Lati@s and Heatran, Celebi has a good chance at sweeping lategame. Using Iron Ball puts Celebi at a decent Speed tier under Trick Room. You lose you Stealth Rock, but they could easily go on Bronzong in the fourth slot.

Celebi | Natural Cure | Iron Ball
Quiet | 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Trick Room | Giga Drain | Psychic | Nastu Plot

Hope this helps

I suggest using an Adamant; 252 HP / 252 Atk EV spread. This spread will greatly help with winning the weather war so your team doesnt have to deal with boosted attacks. Tyranitar loses some punch on Fire Blast, but Dragonite and Scizor can deal with Steel-types.
this is Trick Room, so if you take this suggestion remember to keep your Brave nature to lower your Speed and maintain some Special Attack

Hey Z-Rex, I would recommend changing your Tryanitar's EV Spread to
Tyranitar | Sand Stream | Leftovers
Brave |160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Sp Atk
Superpower | Crunch | Fire Blast | Ice Beam |

The Reason why is b/c you gain some more bulk to Tyranitar. You don't need 252 in your Sp. Atk b/c Gliscor and Scizor will be Koed with 96 Sp Atk. I would recommend keeping the move pool to hit Landorus, Gliscor, Scizor,and Magnezone.

On Dragonite I would recommend dropping Superpower, for Stone Edge, b/c You don't need two moves that gives you a stat drop. Stone Edge will stop Volcanora, who does cause your team trouble.

i actually recommend this Smeargle, you keep the entry hazard, but you have a chance to get a quick Ko, but its useless later in the game b/c of the Sandstorm Damage.

Smeargle
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: none
- Trick Room
- Spore
- Endeavour
- Stealth Rock

I'm not a big fan of Jellicent b/c of the every so popular Rotom-W's Volt Switch. And the Toxic Politoed, b/c once Jellicent gets Poisoned its walling capability's cut in half.

Now if you keep Stealth Rock on Smeargle, I would recommend Zen headbutt for a chance to get a Flinch, and a good STAB move. Other than that good team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)