Klink (Analysis)

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Klink

QC checks: Zeph, Aerrow
GP checks: NixHex (stamped V0x's check), jc104

[Overview]

<p>Klink is a prime example of a weak Pokemon, complete with low stats and a terrible movepool. To make it worse, Klink is genderless, meaning its best moves are illegal in Little Cup since they are level-up moves learned later than level 5. If that wasn't enough, Klink is weak to common types such as Fire and Fighting. While it does have some useful resistances, there are many better Steel-types in the tier, and Klink should almost always be left off any serious team.</p>

[SET]
name: Special Attacker
move 1: Rock Polish
move 2: Flash Cannon
move 3: Thunderbolt / Charge Beam
move 4: Hidden Power Ground
item: Eviolite
nature: Modest
evs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 240 SpA / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Rock Polish raises Klink's Speed to 24, just enough to attempt a sweep. Flash Cannon is the main attacking move on this set, as it is Klink's best STAB move. Thunderbolt provides good coverage alongside Flash Cannon and is a powerful move in general, which is why it is the main choice in the third slot. Charge Beam is a much weaker alternative, but it has a good chance of raising Klink's Special Attack, which can be very useful if somehow it has the time to use it. For the last move, Hidden Power Ground is used to deal serious damage to Chinchou and Magnemite.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Ferroseed is the biggest obstacle to this set, walling every move easily. Therefore, Houndour is a good teammate for Klink, as it easily beats Ferroseed. Munchlax and Lickitung also take every attack Klink can use, thanks to their high Special Defense. Fighting-types such as Mienfoo and Scraggy are good checks to these two because of their super effective STAB. Gastly is also a great teammate, as it is immune to Fighting- and Ground-type moves that Klink is weak to.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Toxic is a decent option, as it can inflict crippling status on a bulky Pokemon such as Chinchou. Volt Switch can deal a little damage as Klink switches out, so it is always an option. Thunder Wave could provide paralysis support for Klink's team, though there are plenty of better options for the move. Finally, Hidden Power Fire is a good choice if Ferroseed is more important to hit than Chinchou.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Fighting-types are solid checks to Klink, KOing it easily with their STAB moves. Ferroseed walls Klink that lack Hidden Power Fire and can set up hazards. Munchlax and Lickitung also wall Klink, and can hit back with Fire-type moves or Earthquake.</p>

[Dream World]

<p>Klink gets Clear Body from the Dream World. It is a good ability, and since Plus and Minus do nothing in single battles, Clear Body is vastly superior.</p>

maybe mention liforb for the power boost, also maybe mention some hidden powers like ground for magenmite or fire for ferroseed but chinchou still couters you (don't have any calcs but it can propbelily take hp grounds all day).

Diana

Whoa, just calculated it. Hidden Power Fire isn't ever going to KO Ferroseed but Ground is a guaranteed OHKO on standard Magnemite even with a -SpA nature. I'm definitely putting that over Volt Switch now.

maybe mention hippo as a couter takes nothing from klink's attks and can eathqauke klink (but then again I could be wrong).

Diana

So um Al_Alchemist brought up an issue with this... Klink is genderless so it can't get Shift Gear and Gear Grind. Which means I have to redo this, which shouldn't be too hard but it makes me redo this.

Edit: That was pretty easy, feel free to check now.

and @iss: Klink ended up as #1,000, and the 1k post thing is way overdone now, not to mention I had no plans and it kind of snuck up on me. Oh, and I could stamp but it doesn't feel right and I'd like the extra opinions on it.

maybe mention you could baton pass some boost to it? I guess mime.jr comes in mind or mienfoo could pass calm minds to klink.

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I honestly don't know what else you can effectively do with this thing.

Quality Control 1/2

Diana

If you're looking for "effective" you're looking at the wrong Pokemon. Thanks for the stamp though!

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
you know what this is....
but unofish
[Overview]

<p>Klink is a prime example of a weak Pokemon, complete with low stats and a terrible movepool. To make it worse, Klink is genderless, and therefore meaning its best moves are illegal in Little Cup since they are level up moves learned later than level 5. And If that wasn't enough, Klink is weak to common types such as Fire and Fighting. While it does have some useful resistances, there are many better Steel-types in the tier, and Klink should almost always be left of any serious team. It does have some useful resistances, but there are much better Steel-types in the tier, and Klink should almost always be left off any serious team.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Rock Polish raises Klink's Speed to 24, just enough to attempt a sweep. Flash Cannon is the main attacking move on this set, as it is Klink's best STAB move. Thunderbolt provides good coverage alongside Flash Cannon and is a generally powerful movein general, which is why it is the main choice in the third slot. Charge Beam is a much weaker alternative, but it has a good chance of raising Klink's Special Attack, which can be very useful if somehow it has the time to set it up. For the last move, Hidden Power Ground is used to deal serious damage to Chinchou and Magnemite.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Ferroseed is the biggest obstacle to this set, walling every move easily. Therefore, Houndour is a good teammate for Klink, as it easily beats Ferroseed. Munchlax and Lickitung Lickiting also take every attack Klink can use, thanks to their high Special Defense. Fighting-types such as Mienfoo and Scraggy are good checks to these two because of their super-effective STAB thanks to their Fighting-type moves. Gastly is also a great teammate, as it is immune to Fighting- and Ground-type moves that Klink is weak to.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Toxic is a decent option, as it can cause crippling status to a bulky Pokemon such as Chinchou. Volt Switch can deal a little damage as Klink switches out, so it is always an option. Thunder Wave could provide paralysis support for Klink's team, though there are plenty of better options for the move. Finally, Hidden Power Fire is a good choice if Ferroseed is more important to hit than Chinchou.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Fighting-types are solid checks to Klink, KOing it easily with their STAB moves. Ferroseed walls Klink that lack Hidden Power Fire and can set up hazards. Munchlax and Lickitung also wall Klink, and can hit back with Fire-type moves or Earthquake.</p>

[Dream World]

<p>Klink gets Clear Body from the Dream World. It is a good ability, and since Plus and Minus do nothing in single battles, Clear Body is vastly superior.</p>

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
minor fix: and Klink should almost always be left off (needs second f) any serious team.

V0x you are amazing, so...

[GP 1/2]

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
[Overview]

<p>Klink is a prime example of a weak Pokemon, complete with low stats and a terrible movepool. To make it worse, Klink is genderless, meaning its best moves are illegal in Little Cup since they are level up moves learned later than level 5. If that wasn't enough, Klink is weak to common types such as Fire and Fighting. While it does have some useful resistances, there are many better Steel-types in the tier, and Klink should almost always be left off any serious team.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Rock Polish raises Klink's Speed to 24, just enough to attempt a sweep. Flash Cannon is the main attacking move on this set, as it is Klink's best STAB move. Thunderbolt provides good coverage alongside Flash Cannon and is a powerful move in general, which is why it is the main choice in the third slot. Charge Beam is a much weaker alternative, but it has a good chance of raising Klink's Special Attack, which can be very useful if somehow it has the time to use it
set it up. For the last move, Hidden Power Ground is used to deal serious damage to Chinchou and Magnemite.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Ferroseed is the biggest obstacle to this set, walling every move easily. Therefore, Houndour is a good teammate for Klink, as it easily beats Ferroseed. Munchlax and Lickitung also take every attack Klink can use, thanks to their high Special Defense. Fighting-types such as Mienfoo and Scraggy are good checks to these two because of their super effective STAB. Gastly is also a great teammate, as it is immune to the Fighting- and Ground-type moves that Klink is weak to.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Toxic is a decent option, as it can
cause inflict crippling status to on a bulky Pokemon such as Chinchou. Volt Switch can deal a little damage as Klink switches out, so it is always an option. Thunder Wave could provide paralysis support for Klink's team, though there are plenty of better options for the move. Finally, Hidden Power Fire is a good choice if Ferroseed is more important to hit than Chinchou.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

[Dream World]

GP 2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)