Reuniclus @ Leftovers / Sitrus Berry
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
nature: Bold
ability: Magic Guard
- Calm Mind
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover
  • This plays very similarly to the OU staple set, with the ability to become almost untouchable after a Calm Mind, with Magic Guard negating residual damage and Recover allowing it to easily take physical hits.
  • Psyshock can be used over Psychic and allows Reuniclus to take out Pokemon such as CM Latios or Latias which would otherwise wall it easily, while Focus Blast hits Tyranitar and Steel-types very hard.
  • Sitrus Berry is usable over Leftovers due to the short nature of GBU single battles.
  • The below set is also usable in Singles

Doubles/Triples Sets
Reuniclus @ Life Orb
172 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 52 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe
nature: Quiet
ability: Magic Guard
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
  • Reuniclus can function as a powerful Trick Room user and very hard hitter with its low Speed and high Special Attack. It has excellent offensive synergy with a multitude of Trick Room abusers and its good bulk allows it to take a hit and set up Trick Room reliably.
  • Psychic is Reuniclus's powerful STAB attack, and Focus Blast and Shadow Ball hit most of the Pokemon that resist it for super effective damage.
  • Reuniclus's ability to set up on Fighting-types allows it to make a great partner to any Pokemon that has issues with Hitmontop, such as Tyranitar, Rhyperior, or Scrafty. Since Reuniclus has trouble with Dark- and Ghost-types such as Chandelure or Hydreigon KOing it before it can set up, Trick Room Pokemon that can take these two out, such as Rhyperior or Tyranitar, make excellent partners.

It should be noted that Rhyperior and Tyranitar are both slower than Chandelure and Hydreigon short of a Choice Scarf (Which in a TR team neither is likely to be wearing).

Also, you may want to include screens as possible options (perhaps meriting the addition of another set).

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Pokemon that are faster than Chandelure/Hydreigon don't fit within a TR team and as such aren't very good partners to suggest.

Reuniclus shouldn't be using screens; it's meant to be an offensive TR user. Musharna and Cresselia outclass it in a screening role.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
up to you, but i'd think a Psyshock Calm Mind set would be good for singles, as Reuniclus has good bulk and decent offense.

i would do max hp /max def bold for the best chances of survival, with Calm Mind / Focus Blast / Psyshock / Recover with a slight speed creep to outspeed other Reuniclus's. Up to you though on the EV spread, but i think the set might be a good idea to add in!

I've been using the Bold Calm Mind/Recover Reuniclus in Singles for a while to some good use every once in a while...

I've been thinking about training a new Trick Room one though, but how useful do you think the Trick Room set is in Singles?

Would it get the better of the annoying weather users (Kingdra and Excadrill) with the extra turn to set the Trick Room up in mind... - and aside from this, how useful is Trick Room when it isn't in Doubles?

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Trick Room can be extremely useful, even in singles, thanks to the abundance of faster Pokemon, and with Reuniclus's huge power, it can become a huge threat, OHKOing most offensive Pokemon. Psyshock is generally better in singles thanks to the greater abundance of Latios and Latias, and special walls such as Blissey.

Even with just one Trick Roomer on a team? I'm thinking that against a Rain team, the opponents Politoed or Kingdra would be able to 2HKO Reuniclus with their Rain-boosted moves and Reuniclus would only get one hit off after setting up... example:

Politoed used Hydro Pump
Reuniclus used Trick Room
Reuniclus used Psychic
Politoed used Hydro pump
Reuniclus fainted...

Even with just one Trick Roomer on a team? I'm thinking that against a Rain team, the opponents Politoed or Kingdra would be able to 2HKO Reuniclus with their Rain-boosted moves and Reuniclus would only get one hit off after setting up... example:

Politoed used Hydro Pump
Reuniclus used Trick Room
Reuniclus used Psychic
Politoed used Hydro pump
Reuniclus fainted...
Stats/damage calcs. say yes, but the actual likelyhood of it happening says no.

In doubles/triples Reuni is more often than not teamed up with a Follow Me/Rage Powder teammate to help prevent stuff like that happening while setting up Trick Room. Since also the Rage Powder user with (imo) the best synergy is Amoonguss, who will almost always be making the biggest threat take a nap on turn two, it becomes even less likely.

So Reuniclus being KOd versus Rain abusers is possible, but not probable.

My main concern is with singles though, but yes - I think that Reuniclus is perhaps a better Pokémon suited for the double battles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)