Uxie

Uxie
Uxie is one of the three lake guardians that was introduced in Gen 4.
HP 75
Attack 75
Defense 130
Special Attack 75
Special Defense 130
Speed 95​

Singles Set:
Uxie@Light Clay
Bold
252 HP, 252 Defence, 4 Sp.defense
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-U-Turn/Psychic
-Thunder Wave/Yawn​

• Uxie is capable of taking hits due to its excellent bulk, which allows Uxie to set up Screens to Support your team. Uxie is outclassed by Cresselia as it has much more bulk than Uxie.
  • U-Turn can be used to scout out opponents' sets.
  • Uxie could also use Thunder Wave to cripple the foe's pokemon. Yawn can be used to force a switch to another pokemon.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've always found Uxie to be almost entirely outclassed by Cresselia, and to be quite honest, I can't see any reason to use it over Cresselia when searching for a bulky Psychic-type, with lesser bulk and a very similar movepool.

I agree; the only use I got out of it in Gen IV was as setup fodder for a BP team to Breloom (in the Wifi Battle Tower) since it has moves like U-Turn, Memento, and Yawn. In Gen V it didn't get any new big toys, and while neither did Cresselia, I can't see Uxie doing much unless its few exclusive moves and mild surprise factor (if that even exists) manage to make it worth a team slot.

Only good thing about Uxie is that it has a higher speed stat than Cresselia, but Cresselia is probably better even factoring in speed.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
If you're going to use Uxie in singles, you really have to capitalize its advantages over Cress. Memento, Stealth Rock (meh...), Yawn, and possibly U-turn are some things you can use. Yawn in particular is pretty neat due to the lack of Sleep Clause, but keep in mind that Uxie doesn't seem to have a particularly threatening way to abuse it.

Oh and it gets Imprison for doubles if you're into that kind of stuff.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yawn in particular is pretty neat due to the lack of Sleep Clause, but keep in mind that Uxie doesn't seem to have a particularly threatening way to abuse it.
Yawn + u-turn is a great way to gain some momentum and stack up hazard damage. If they switch to remove yawns effect, you get momentum and a free switch to bring in a check, so that could be considered abusing. If they stay in you can get 1 free stat boost with insert pokemon.

That's a good point, but remember that Uxie also has to TAKE one turn's damage (or setup) in order to use Yawn. Unless the opponent also Yawns (Which Uxie would nullify with U-turn), Uxie or the player's team is going to suffer something in the turn it takes to use Yawn.

I love uxie in doubles for the fact that itgets imprison. Only reason why to use this pixie sadly is to setup rocks/yawn then u-turn out. Cress is usally a better choice no matter what.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Uxie also has to TAKE one turn's damage
Not if you catch the thing on the switch-in. Still using min speed with it to get free switches is wonderful. Cress's loss of access to yawn + u-turn is what makes the set so nice. Also i've used a singles set with max speed and trick room to absorb a hits and then switch.

Uxie imo is more useful then cress sometimes solely becuase of its access to u-turn. Also no love for memento D:. Imagine pairing that with a dugtrio or for hackers shadow tag chandelure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)