Squirrel (peaked #2 1530 ) WC team / Frontier 7-3 / DW Challenge

Squirrel

Introduction

This has been one of my most successful 5th gen teams. It was an extremely fun team to use since well I was using all sweepers which made my games very fast paced. I made it prior to the world cup basically as an anti weather team using heavy offensive hitters that dented SS, Rain, and Sun. This team wrecks offensive teams with TR reni and the amount of strong priority that takes out so many pokes after they take SR and Spikes damage. It also was at a nice team advantage vs most stall teams as they were either weak to one of my sweepers or just a weakened physical or special wall would allow one of my pokes to take advantage and sweep. As I was testing prior to the world cup it peaked at #5 under the alt Squirrel with a rating of 1490 before I had to leave it on vacation so unfortunately was unable to try for #1. I used 3 separate teams in the world cup this was the only one unfortunately that was able to win. This team also had great success on the Smogon Frontier. I was 7-1 and my last 2 matches I sadly got haxed, without the hax my record would have been 9-1 and would have had a strong chance to win, but running 2 Focus Blast users makes me pretty prone to hax so its not much of a surprise when so so so many of my games end in a lose because of a crucial FB miss. The team became a little outdated with the amount of spinners that turned up in the metagame after the world cup so a quick Deo-s set change allowed it to fit back into the metagame more competitively. Its final peak was at 1530 at #2 under the alt Squirrel again. I also would have possibly won the dream world challenge as well if I registered, but being the dumbass that I am unfortunately did not even realize it. Well all and all this was a really extremely fun team to use, a bit frustrating at times since it does rely on 2 inaccurate moves but if you can hit every move and not get haxed it will most likely win.

The Team:

----------------

Dragonite (M) @

Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch

Moveset:

I did meaningfully pick dragonite as the first poke on my team. With the new Wifi Clause rule my opponents are shown team as I put them from first to last in the PO team builder. So with dragonite being in the "Lead" position I can bluff to my opponents that im abusing her new ability Multi-Scale. Then they assume I am running CB rather than Dragon Dance. This helps out a ton as sometimes when im vs opposing HO teams, people will lead there own Deo-s and not taunt 1st turn as they expect me to 2HKO with E-speed I instead Dragon Dance. Then they are forced to either 1. Taunt predicting me to DD, which means they only get Stealth rock and then are forced to deal with a 100% +1 Multi Scale Adament Dragonite, or 2. They superpower, fire punch, ice beam w/e and they don't get Stealth rock and then Dnite will still do alot of damage at +1 having a chance to always E-Stream speed, or even sweep with outrage.
With that aside Dragonite is an obvious member on my team as is can be very effective vs drought based teams, has a strong priority, and has a ton of chances to set up after Deo-s prevents Stealth rock. Dragonite gains momentum in most my games as it can set up immediately after a lot of pokes kill Deo-s (Which I do lead 80%). It is given the frequent opportunity to get +1 and OHKO back with 80% and sweep or dent. Dragonites 403 power Extreme speed is also an amazing move on Dragon Dance as sometimes since im running adamant I am unable to outspeed some of the random choice scarfs, It also helps me beat pokes like Mamoswine and Weavile on sun teams who try and Ice shard me I try and weaken them a bit up until a +1 Espeed will ohko.
----------------

Deoxys-S @

Trait: Pressure
EVs: 232 HP / 244 Atk / 20 SAtk /
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Psycho Boost
- Fire Punch

Move Set:

To lead the team off the best offensive support pokemon there is Deo-s. Prior to the world cup I was running a fire punch taunt set, but I would constantly run into Tentacruels who apparently were not scared of its deadly stab psycho boost and could wall me all day and spin and set up on me which set me at a huge disadvantage turn 1. The team was about momentum so I needed a set that could fit into the metagame and give me momentum. I changed my set to destroy all the common switch ins and the common spinners. Fire punch OHKOs Scizor who likes to try and u-turn and go to tyranintars or something with priority. It does around 80% to fortress as they spin and then get set up on also does a lot to ferrothorn who likes to set up along side Deo. Psycho Boost why my surprise move on deo, that would keep anything from setting up on me first turn as priority would finish any poke after. It OHKOs tentacruel who tries to wall me hits lead Thundurs really hard who tires to taunt and OHKOs a lot of miscellaneous leads like Conkledurr Gengar Infernape who think they can take on the normal superpower fire punch sets. Expert belt for the power to ohko scizor and tenta and just do alot more damage in general. Focus sash is pretty worthless as Deo is rarely OHKOed.

EVs and Nature:

I started off running 88 speed as smogon suggested but then realized it was pretty worthless. It was only out speeding things like scarf heatran which is non existent and I would rather be out speed by scarf heatran and know its scarfed then out speed and get 1 more layer. So I put the 88 evs into attack as my fire punch only had a 15% chance to OHKO before. With 244 atk investment Scizor is 100% OHKOed and adds to the damage it does vs Fortress and Ferrothorn. The 20 Sp Atk and rash nature was added to guarantee a OHKO vs bold tentacruel and added to power of Deo-s strong stab psycho boost.

----------------

Virizion @

Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Move Set:

Virizion plays a very similar role to Dragonite, expect they cover opposite sides of the spectrum. Viz wrecks the special defensive side of my opponents teams. It has a ton of chances to set up after Deo dies or just switching into basically anything rain, if its sweeping opportunity seems more beneficial then Dragonite DDing then I go to this. It can wreck stall, eliminate Blisseys as they try and come in as I CM, helping TR Reuniclus late game sweep. Viz is an amazing switch into Rotom-w and destroys so many rain teams from turn 1. Its job is to dent the opposing team as much as possible, weakening special walls or even taking them out which again TR Reuniclus appreciates. Its Grass STAB - Giga Drain - allows Viz to regain HP as it CMs. Focus Blast is chosen as the secondary STAB move, despite its HORRIBLE accuracy, because it's the only special Fighting-type attack that Virizion learns and it's needed to KO Chansey / Blissey and Ferrothorn that would otherwise wall Virizion. I spam Focus Blast early if I see a Jirachi assuming its set is probably Sp Defensive as it takes around 30% + Hazards its quickly forces to wish giving me a free switch to Scizor, or Scizor takes a body slam and is paraed which really helps scizor in the long run as now it can not be burned and is not walled by Jellicent and Rotom-w as much. Last move, Hidden Power Ice, is used to complete its coverage allowing it to hit flying types for super effective damage and just to destroy Mence, Dnite, Landrous, Gliscor, after SR. I also Spam HP ice quite a bit if I see a Tornadus on the opposing team as they almost always come in no mater what is in. Latias is a bit annoying to this set but if I see they are running a latias I usually just double switch to Scizor right away.

----------------

Lucario (M) @

Trait: Inner Focus
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Move Set:

Lucario an absolute MONSTER. Up until recently I would see so many people hating on luc, saying Lucario is not viable and sucks in 5th gen. It is quite the opposite, Lucario is just as viable in 5th gen as it was in 4th if not even more with the +2 priority E-speed now has. I choose Air ballon over LO for a few reasons. Having a ballon means I can set up on random pokes late game like weakened Bronzong, Gliscor, and landrous it also makes lucario an amazing excadrill check. Also I make up the damage missing from LO with damage done from Stealth Rock and Spikes. Lucario is my main answer to exca, if my opponent is running an Excadrill I play very very safe with its ballon only brining it in to revenge, espeed, or ice punch random pokes that I know I will OHKO without losing my ballon. I bring lucario out early in some games if Tryranitar decides to risk crunching on Deo predicting me to not have Super power or if they are running Chople berry and just CC Tyranitar as the majority will just keep ttar in predicting me to SD or just don't want anything to take a CC. Lucario destroys both offensive and Stall teams after a SD. E-Speed + Hazards annihilates most offensive teams, with inner focus It can also wreck alot of Sp. Def Rachis in a pinch and also keeps me from getting flinched from damn rockslide on Exca which happens to alot of Ballon Terakions. Once Jellicent is removed by Reni, Viz or even Dnite, Lucario can destroy stall OHKOing gliscor doing 80% do Ckar after a SD which is very easy to get double switching on random pokes like Bliss and Chansey. I choose Ice Punch > Crunch for a few reasons it was either crunch and then Jellicent wouldn't be a problem at all or Ice Punch and Gliscor wouldn't be a problem. Both were good options but ice punch seemed to fit better with air ballon since this means I can set up on Gliscor when ever I want, lets me hit random scarfed landrous’s that tend to make it late game. Also I noticed when people use Jellicent they tend to always use a Sp Def Jirachi with it, which I am able to bait people into body slamming very early with Viz’s CM as I switch to Scizor getting it paralyzed and this adds another poke that can handle Jellicent since it can no longer be burned. Overall Lucario is my clean up poke, it destroys a lot of weakened teams late game from its strong CC to its amazing priority. Its an amazing late game sweeper along side my other late game sweeper TR Reni. Lucario is a great offensive Excadrill counter and just fits very well into my team since it can dent and destroy basically any kind of team from setting up on fortress on sun to Gliscor on SS to Ferrothorn on rain teams.

----------------

Scizor (M) @

Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SDef
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Move Set:

The glue to the team and the only well bulky poke on the team. I choose Sp def. SD set as 1 a bulky sweeper, and 2 for its ability to wall opposing Reniculus and Sp. defensive Jirachi. Scizor is also my Gengar and Scizor switch in who I am fairly weak to with out. It also has great synergy with Viz and Reni since Scizor can wall Bronzong, Latias, and Sp def rachi all whom check CM viz and Reni. Scizor also adds another priority which is so helpful since it it pick apart so many offensive teams and also sometimes can do the needed small amount of damage which lets something like DD Dnite DD safely and OHKO back where it other wise wouldn't have without the priority damage. Scizor is my sponge to pokes like Latios and random random Rachi Metors. Scizor is also very helpful vs stall. I try pretty hard to get it paralyzed vs stall which allows me to take on Will O Wisp Rotom-w and Jellicent much better. Keeping Scizor as your last poke vs most stall teams also has saved me a few games since a lot of stall teams cant deal with SD scizor being the only poke left as it can SD to +6 and wreck. Since Scizor is my main switch into Jirachi it comes at no surprise that Jirachis with Fire punch can do a lot of damage to this team. If Jirachi has fire punch I am forced to fauder Scizor and do as much damage as I can before I have to go into Dragonite. I then forced to go to dragonite and DD till they para and break my lum or until I have enough attack to OHKO with fire punch which is usually enough at +1. Scizor is the glue to most the mons I cant handle; its my sponge, revenge killer, and sometimes turns into a deadly sweeper.

----------------

Reuniclus (M) @

Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Move Set:

And last but not least my favorite poke in in 5th gen, Reuniclus. In my opinion Reuniclus is the best poke in the game between its CM set to its TR set both capable of destroying any team. Magic guard makes Reni an amazing sweeper and switch into a lot of pokes. Reni is my status sponge for Jellis WoW, Gastro toxic, and scouting Blisseys status move. With its amazing move pool, special attack, shit speed, and magic guard it comes at no surprise that this is an incredibly deadly TR sweeper. Reni bulky build makes a TR very easy to set up and late game when Blissey, Sp def rachis, Chanseys, Scizors or Latias are weakened or gone it comes out and reaps havoc. Sometimes I don't even have to wait late game for its sweep since most teams are pretty TR reni weak from the start. Reni is also my check for Conkledur, who without Reni I am pretty weak to. Theres not much to say about this poke it speaks for its self as im sure everyone reading this has once been destroyed by this cute little puddle of jello. Like Lucario, TR Reni is also capable of destroying every type of weather.

Importable:

1 rule if your using my team on the ladder and we get matched up you better give me the win xD!

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch

Deoxys-S @ Expert Belt
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 232 HP / 244 Atk / 32 SAtk
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Psycho Boost
- Fire Punch

Virizion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Lucario (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Inner Focus
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SDef
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Example Game:

Battle between reachzero and Gerber started!

Tier: BW OU
Rule: Unrated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Disallow Spects
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle
Rule: Self-KO Clause

Gerber sent out Deoxys-S!
reachzero sent out Politoed!
Deoxys-S is exerting its Pressure!
The foe's Politoed's Drizzle made it rain!

Start of turn 1
Deoxys-S used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around reachzero's team!

The foe's Politoed used Scald!
Deoxys-S lost 136 HP! (44% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 2
Deoxys-S used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of reachzero's team!

Deoxys-S lost 144 HP! (47% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 3
Deoxys-S used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of reachzero's team!

Deoxys-S lost 24 HP! (7% of its health)
Deoxys-S fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Gerber sent out Virizion!

Start of turn 4
Gerber called Virizion back!
Gerber sent out Scizor!

reachzero called Politoed back!
reachzero sent out Latias!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Latias!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Latias restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 5
The foe's Latias used Reflect Type!
The foe's Latias copied Scizor's types!

Scizor used Bug Bite!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Latias lost 26% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 6
reachzero called Latias back!
reachzero sent out Politoed!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Politoed!
The foe's Politoed is hurt by spikes!

Gerber called Scizor back!
Gerber sent out Dragonite!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Politoed restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 7
Dragonite used Dragon Dance!
Dragonite's Attack rose!
Dragonite's Speed rose!

The foe's Politoed used Toxic!
Dragonite was poisoned!
Dragonite ate its Lum Berry!
Dragonite's status cleared!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Politoed restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 8
Dragonite used Outrage!
The foe's Politoed lost 83% of its health!
The foe's Politoed fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
reachzero sent out Ferrothorn!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Ferrothorn!
The foe's Ferrothorn is hurt by spikes!

Start of turn 9
Dragonite used Outrage!
The foe's Ferrothorn lost 42% of its health!
The foe's Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs hurts Dragonite

The foe's Ferrothorn used Gyro Ball!
Dragonite lost 169 HP! (52% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Dragonite calmed down!
Dragonite became confused!
The foe's Ferrothorn restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 10
Dragonite is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
Dragonite lost 90 HP! (27% of its health)

The foe's Ferrothorn used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Gerber's team!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 11
Dragonite is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
Dragonite lost 25 HP! (7% of its health)
Dragonite fainted!

The foe's Ferrothorn used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of Gerber's team!

Rain continues to fall!

Gerber sent out Reuniclus!

Start of turn 12
reachzero called Ferrothorn back!
reachzero sent out Jirachi!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Jirachi!
The foe's Jirachi is hurt by spikes!

Reuniclus used Trick Room!
Reuniclus twisted the dimensions!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Jirachi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 13
Gerber called Reuniclus back!
Gerber sent out Scizor!
Pointed stones dug into Scizor!
Scizor is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Jirachi used Thunder!
Scizor lost 83 HP! (24% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Scizor restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 14
Scizor used Swords Dance!
Scizor's Attack sharply rose!

Scizor lost 91 HP! (26% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 15
Scizor used Bug Bite!
The foe's Jirachi lost 70% of its health!

Scizor lost 84 HP! (24% of its health)
Scizor is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 16
reachzero called Jirachi back!

Scizor used Roost!
Scizor landed on the ground!
Scizor regained health!

Rain continues to fall!
The twisted dimensions returned to normal!

Start of turn 17
reachzero called Ferrothorn back!
reachzero sent out Jirachi!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Jirachi!
The foe's Jirachi is hurt by spikes!

Scizor is paralyzed! It can't move!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 18
Scizor used Bullet Punch!
The foe's Jirachi lost 14% of its health!
The foe's Jirachi fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
reachzero sent out Dragonite!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Dragonite!

Start of turn 19

The foe's Dragonite used Hurricane!
Scizor lost 166 HP! (48% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Dragonite restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 20

The foe's Dragonite used Hurricane!
A critical hit!
Scizor lost 153 HP! (44% of its health)
Scizor fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Pointed stones dug into Virizion!
Virizion is hurt by spikes!

Start of turn 21
reachzero called Dragonite back!

Virizion used Hidden Power!
The foe's Ferrothorn lost 12% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
Virizion restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 22
The foe's Ferrothorn lost 7% of its health!
The foe's Ferrothorn fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Virizion restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
reachzero sent out Latias!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Latias!

Start of turn 23
Gerber called Virizion back!
Gerber sent out Lucario!
Pointed stones dug into Lucario!

Lucario is floating on a balloon!
The foe's Latias used Calm Mind!
The foe's Latias's Sp. Att. rose!
The foe's Latias's Sp. Def. rose!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 24
The foe's Latias used Dragon Pulse!
Lucario lost 129 HP! (45% of its health)
Lucario's Air Balloon popped!

Lucario used Swords Dance!
Lucario's Attack sharply rose!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 25
The foe's Latias used Dragon Pulse!
Lucario lost 133 HP! (47% of its health)

Lucario used Ice Punch!
It's super effective!
The foe's Latias lost 73% of its health!
The foe's Latias fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
reachzero sent out Deoxys-S!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Deoxys-S!
The foe's Deoxys-S is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Deoxys-S is exerting its Pressure!

Start of turn 26
Lucario used ExtremeSpeed!
The foe's Deoxys-S lost 70% of its health!
The foe's Deoxys-S fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
reachzero sent out Dragonite!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Dragonite!

Start of turn 27
Lucario used ExtremeSpeed!
The foe's Dragonite lost 59% of its health!

The foe's Dragonite used Surf!
Lucario lost 12 HP! (4% of its health)
Lucario fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Pointed stones dug into Virizion!
Virizion is hurt by spikes!

Start of turn 28
It's super effective!
The foe's Dragonite lost 9% of its health!
The foe's Dragonite fainted!

Gerber won the battle!
reachzero: gg
Gerber: gg

Threat List:

Jirachi
: Jirachis with fire punch are a huge pain, since Scizor is my first switch into any jirachi. Usually Scizor will die pretty early since its pretty common for Jirachi to lead vs Deoxys. Soooo theres no stealth rock up at that point and you can DD until you get para'ed (+1 Fire Punch to standard Sp Def. Jirachi: 68.3% - 80.7% so the easy +2 will OHKO).

volcarona
: A big threat since Scizor and Virizion are both set up bait and if that happens I really have no safe switch in outside dragonite. So basically you have to play safe with Dragonite and try and lure it out by play aggressive with Reuniclus and Lucario both of whom can mess up sun quickly.

Quagsire
: Stockpile Quagsire absolutely wrecks this team, basically you just have to double switch with Virizion and force it to take hazards until you can finish it.

How does this team fare against Sun teams? I see fire being a major difficulty for the team, with 3 pokemon weak to it (2 of them quadrupally so). And then both Dragonite and Deoxys have fire type moves, which make up 2/5 of their coverage potential. I would give Scizor Aqua Jet over Bug Bite so he can pick off those fire pokemon.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey there Babies,

Great offensive team you have here, it's been great this suspects round and it's been joyful in using it. I've used it before so I can tell you what's been a great weakness to the team. Entry hazards are a big threat to the team due to no rapid spins, and it is an offensive team. I don’t really see the point of Fire punch rather then it hitting Ferro’s on the leads against Deoxys but what I’ve encountered more as a lead against Deoxys is more Tyranitar leads so I would say use Superpower over Fire punch still will hit most steels and just takes care of the common Tyranitar lead against Deoxys.

Continuing on your team Scizor might should consider a little more attack EVs since it doesn’t get most of the kills and even with 2+ on Swords Dance it can’t get some needed kills so try a more set that’ll look like this EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SDef you won’t lose that special defensive bulk that you need but gain more of the attack EVs that are needed. Virizion can be quite annoying on this team with the Focus Blast misses when needed sometimes but overall a fairly great Pokemon I think Virizion should carry Taunt over Hidden Power Ice because against Calm Mind Latios / Latias variants you’ll never win and the only thing that cripples Virizion while gaining on a sweep is status usually taking it down. Taunt will provide you to stop any spikers and SRers while destroying anything try to set-up on Virizion and its less common then the obvious Hidden Power Ice for the Calm Mind variant.

Offensive threats:

To keep a Non-weather team getting to 1530 is a hard challenge due to some of the weather abusers for example Volc can easily sweep your team if it’s the offensive Butterfly dance variant of a Chesto Berry variant it can easily take down the team when sun is in play so that’s something that you might want to watch out for and set up all they layers of Spikes and Stealth rock up to damage it as for as possible from the entry hazard. I also noticed that Fire Punch Jirachi can handle this team and hurt it quite far, especially if it’s a defensive rachi with Fire punch since Scizor is usually the one on the team to take care of the Bulky rachis but unless it has Fire punch your team can’t really do much to it, so keep an eye out for that and take care of it with Dragonite as soon as possible. Congrats for getting very far with this team Babies and winning various tournaments.

Good luck in the future.

How does this team fare against Sun teams? I see fire being a major difficulty for the team, with 3 pokemon weak to it (2 of them quadrupally so). And then both Dragonite and Deoxys have fire type moves, which make up 2/5 of their coverage potential. I would give Scizor Aqua Jet over Bug Bite so he can pick off those fire pokemon.
I would imagine pokemon like Venusaur and Sawsbuck are checked by Deoxy-S, and dragonite is a decent counter too.

Also, aqua jet scizor?

Sun team would take down all 4 of your pokemon
(Deoxys, Virizon, Scizor, Lucario) Deoxys because of it's poor defences I think you should switch Virizon with Latios or something.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Hi nice team! I would first like to ask want to ask why you use Fire Punch over Hidden Power Fire on Deoxys-e? Fire Punch just forces you to split EVs, and you really want to boost Psycho Boost as much as possible to KO things like Thundurus after SR. If you're using it to lure and 2HKO Jirachi after some spikes, that makes sense...

One weakness I can see right off the bat is Calm Mind Latias with HP Fire because Scizor is your only real switch-in and gets OHKO'd. Also, Heatran and Darmanitan in the sun look fairly devastating, as Dragonite is your only fire resist and can't stand boosted fire attacks for too long considering you don't invest in bulk and don't use roost. In order to somewhat fix these weaknesses, I think you should try Balloon Heatran over Lucario.

Heatran @ Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spe
Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
-Fire Blast / Flamethrower
-Earth Power
-Toxic
-Roar

Heatran also takes a little pressure off of your priority users to pick off Chlorophyll sweepers. I would suggest a 252 HP / 252 SDef spread with a Calm Nature, but I feel like the offensive nature of your team would benefit from a stronger Heatran. You can also use max speed if you want, but I never found that necessary.

Again, solid team, and good luck!

Hey Babies, nice team. I've battled this team on the ladder for a few times, and i'd say it's one of the best non-weather teams i've seen for quite a while.

I see that you would benefit more by using Superpower instead of Fire Punch on Deoxys, which AndViet just mentioned as well. You wouldnt need Fire Punch considering fairly everything in your team could beat Ferrothorn and Forretress, while Superpower takes out opposing Tyranitar leads, considering their pretty common as a lead in OU.

Next, I'd suggest a slightly different set for your Scizor.

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers/Occa Berry
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SDef
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite/U-Turn
- Roost

This set lets you take special hits better, considering you'll need it for taking hits from a hard-hitting special attacker such as Specs Latios. An Occa Berry over Leftovers is also valiable, considering Calm Mind Latios with HP Fire could murder your Scizor, and you could end up getting swept by it since scizor's your only answer to Latios. U-Turn is also an option for Scizor, it may sound strange, but it's pretty good for scouting out your opponent's team, and preventing you from getting trapped by Magnezone easily, and at the same time bluff a Choise Band.

Anyways, keep it up on doin sexy stuff :] Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)