Kaxtar vs Galladiator (3v3 singles) in an evil circus. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

OK, I just wanna get out of here, it is just so freaky with that evil uppet master and all. Rules? You really think that there are rules in an evil circus tent Kaxtar? Well, OK, I'll post them. Just so you don't get Deck Knight to infract me.
Galladiator said:
NFE battle time! (I know, I know. Trust me, I'm almost there.)

3v3 NFE Singles
3 day DQ
5 Rec/5 Chill
Arena: Accepter's choice, with the following stipulation: It cannot be ASB Arena or Unown Soup. Use your imagination, please.

Also, I'll be using two LCs and one middle-stage. Just FYI.
Kaxtar said:
I'll take this. Items ON, All Abilities, No Switch.

For the Arena...

Evil Circus: Field Type: Neutral; Complexity: Intense; Format: All

It seemed like a great idea at the time, to go to the circus to have a good old friendly brawl. But then that damn evil Puppet Master came and ruined all the fun. Drat... but the fight must go on! At the end of each round, the Puppet Master will cast a tricky effect, directly attack both pokemon, or summon a wild pokemon to attack and harass the competitors. He cannot be attack directly, but the Puppet Master's attacks can be defended against.

Summary: A traveling circus with an evil Puppet in the background, who will active one of the following effects at the end of each round: Use Wonder Room, use Trick Room, use Magic Room, use a ThunderBolt on all pokemon, use an Ice Beam on all Pokemon, use a Flamethrower on all pokemon, summon a wild Drifblimb to attack, summon a wild Houndoom to attack, or summon a Mr. Mime to attack. Each effect has the same chance of happening (1/9). The puppet master cannot be attacked.

No weather is allowed inside the circus tent, and the ground is dig-able. There are also standard items that you would expect to find in a traveling circus, such as large crates and performing pokemon in cages. I heavily encourage the ref to be creative with the crates and caged pokemon; anything from legendaries to explosives to items.
I'm only asking for your teams so we can get out of here quicker FYI, but just gimme your teams! They better not Pay Day on there movesets because I'm going to rage if I see Pay Day again today.

Team Galladiator

Flarelm [Gary] (M)
Nature: Naughty (Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Defense)
Type:
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:
Leaf Guard: (Innate) In bright sunlight the Pokemon is surrounded by a faint green glow. The glow protects it from all permanent and temporary status conditions.
Battle Armor: (Innate) This Pokemon’s thick armor prevents it from taking critical hits.
Chlorophyll (DW): (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 55
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 16

Description:

While by no means the strongest fighter on G's squad, Gary does have the strongest spirit; G always knows Gary's going to give it his all when he's sent into battle. Gary's only real flaw is his temper: when provoked, he will retaliate so fiercely that sometimes not even the mighty Irwin can restrain him, usually ending badly for the offender. He tends to spend his time training solo to avoid accidentally harming his teammates.

EC: 4/9
MC: 0
DC: 2/5

Moves:
Leaf Blade
Pound
Bullet Seed
Sweet Scent
Growth
Ember
Leech Seed
Flame Wheel
Giga Drain
Fire Spin

Blaze Kick
Dragonbreath
Seed Bomb

Fire Blast
Energy Ball
Flash Cannon
Will-o-Wisp
Flame Charge
Brick Break

Charmander [Jack] (M)
Nature: Rash (+ Sp. Atk, - Sp. Def)
Type:
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Solar Power (DW): (Innate) When in bright sunlight, this Pokemon burns solar energy and 1 HP/action to increase the Base Attack Power of all their special attacks by two (2).

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 65
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 1/9
DC: 1/5

Moves:
Scratch
Growl
Ember
Leer
Metal Claw
Smoke Screen
Rage
Dragon Rage
Scary Face
Fire Fang
Slash
Fire Spin

Dragon Pulse
Flare Blitz
Crunch

Dig
Fire Blast
Overheat

Houndour [Elvis] (M)
Nature: Lonely (+ Atk, -Def)
Type:
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Early Bird: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to waking up at early hours or operating in low-light conditions and subsequently sleep status is automatically reduced by one intensity level when inflicted on this Pokemon. When the Pokemon uses Rest they will gain 18 HP per action and only be asleep for two actions.
Flash Fire: (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any opposing fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2). Self-targeted attacks do not give the boost.
Unnerve (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 65
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5

Moves:
Leer
Ember
Howl
Smog
Roar
Bite
Odor Sleuth
Beat Up

Fire Spin
Nasty Plot
Sucker Punch

Sunny Day
Fire Blast
Will-o-Wisp

Team Kaxtar

Elekid (M)
Nature: Rash (Adds One Rank to Special Attack, Subtracts One Rank from Special Defense)

Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.

Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4(+)
SpD: Rank 1(-)
Spe: 95

EC: 3/9
DC: 2/5

Static: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this Pokemon.

Vital Spirit (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.

Quick Attack
Leer
ThunderPunch
Thundershock
Low Kick
Swift
Shock Wave
Light Screen
Thunderbolt

Psychic
Hidden Power Grass
Thunder Wave
Substitute
Protect

Counter
Magnet Rise
Signal Beam

Cross Chop
Fire Punch
Ice Punch

Metang [Nickname]
Nature: Careful (+1 SpD, -1 SpA)

Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 50

EC: 7/9
DC: 5/5

Clear Body: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body structure makes it immune to status lowering moves used by opponents. (e.g. Intimidate, Growl, Screech etc.)
Levitate: The Pokemon hovers above the ground, avoiding all seismic attacks and Dig for three (3) actions.
Command Type: Specific Pokemon | Accuracy: -- | Energy Cost: 5 | Priority: 0 | CT: None
Light Meta (DW- UNLOCKED): (Innate) The Pokemon's body is made of a lightweight but extremely strong alloy. It weighs half as much as other members of the species, but is equally sturdy. The Pokemon executes weak attacks much more effectively, adding +1 priority to all their attacks with 6 or less Base Attack Power (after other ability adjustments). Priority is applied to the summed Base Attack Power of a multi-hit move (e.g. Double Kick has priority at 6 BAP, Skill Link Bullet Seed doesn't at 15 BAP.)

Take Down
Magnet Rise
Confusion
Metal Claw
Scary Face
Meteor Mash
Agility

Protect
Earthquake

Zen Headbutt
Iron Head
Iron Defense

Sgraggy (M)
Adamant Nature (+1 to Attack, -1 to Special Attack.

Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.

Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Moxie: (Innate) This Pokemon gets psyched after it earns a KO on an opposing Pokemon, increasing its attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Intimidate (DW): (Can be Activated)When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing their Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again as an Action, and will affect all opponents. (Not yet Active)

Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 48
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 15

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5

Leer
Low Kick
Sand Attack
Faint Attack
Headbutt
Swagger
Brick Break
Payback
Hi Jump Kick
Crunch
Facade
Focus Punch
Head Smash

Counter
Ice Punch
ThunderPunch

Dig
Taunt
Substitute
Torment

OK now first up Galladiator sends out his Pokemon and equips an item if he chooses.
Then Kaxtar sends out his pokemon, equips an item AND issues actions
Galladiator the issues action.

Now go and win/lose/tie you two!

Round 1

Pre-Round
Galladiator

Houndour – Elvis (M)
Energy: 100
Stats Changes:
Other:
Item: None

VS

Kaxtar

Scraggy (M)
Stats Changes:
Other: Four rounds of trick room
Item: Rawst Berry (unused)

Galladiator sends out a Houndour named Elvis while Kaxtar sends out a Scraggy called, uuuuuuh, Scraggy.

Elvis decides to Will-o-Wisp Scraggy who just eats his Rawst Berry to cure the burn. Then for good measure he sets up a 20 HP substitute.

Elvis uses fire blast at the sub but it stays intact, then Elvis is focus punched by Scraggy for MASSIVE damage.

Finally Elvis uses Fire Blast again to break the sub and the Scraggy pours on the fighting power with a brick break.

Through throughout this battle I forgot that we were in a tent with an EVIL puppet master. He doesn’t do anything TOO bad though, but a trick room still starts twisting the dimensions.

Post-Round
Galladiator

Houndour – Elvis (M)
HP: 35
Energy: 76
Stats Changes:
Other:

VS
Kaxtar

Scraggy (M)
HP: 70
Energy: 66
Stats Changes:
Item: none

Houndour
Will-o-Wisp 6 energy Scraggy ate its Rawst Berry
Fire Blast 7 energy 15 damage to the sub
Fire Blast 11 energy 15 damage the sub broke!
Scraggy
Substitute 20 HP 18 energy -20 HP a 20 HP sub was created
Focus Punch 9 energy 38 damage
Brick Break 5 energy 27 damage
Puppet Master
RNG rolled a 2/9 for a Trick Room to come into effect for four rounds

Galladiator, you're first.

Round 2

Pre-Round
Galladiator

Houndour – Elvis (M)
HP: 35
Energy: 76
Stats Changes:
Other:

VS
Kaxtar

Scraggy (M)
HP: 70
Energy: 66
Stats Changes:

This round starts quickly with Elvis trying to use an Ember blast combo but Scraggy digs out of the way and then proceeds to do some good damage to Elvis.

As Elvis cools down Scraggy uses focus punch for the KO.

But that is not the end of it! The evil puppet master uses thunderbolt on Scraggy. RAWR.

Post-Round
Galladiator

Houndour – Elvis (M)
HP: K
Energy: O
Stats Changes:
Other: three rounds of trick room

VS
Kaxtar

Scraggy (M)
HP: 60
Energy: 47
Stats Changes:

Houndour
Ember+Fire Blast Combo 16 energy miss
Combo cool down
KO’d
Scraggy
Dig 10 energy 22 damage
Focus Punch 9 energy 38 damage
Puppet Master
RNG rolled 4/9 for a thunderbolt
10 damage to Scraggy

Galladiator sends out a new pokemon and equips an item if he chooses to do so.
Kaxtar issues actions
Galladiator issues actions.

Round 3

Pre-Round
Galladiator

Charmander – Jack (M)
Stats Changes:

VS

Kaxtar

Scraggy (M)
HP: 60
Energy: 47
Stats Changes: +1 Attack

Galladiator sends out Jack the Charmander to face off against Scraggy, and with that a new round starts.

Both Pokemon dig underground to start with, Scarggy misses but Jack is nowhere to be seen.

Despite Jack staying underground, Scraggy follows his master’s orders and uses Hi Jump Kick. It misses and Scraggy flies into a caged pokemon, the iron bars hit him right in the stomach making him recoil. Jack takes advantage of his foe being on the ground and digs up to hit him for some pitiful damage, but it is still damage I guess.

Scraggy smashed his head into Jack who responds by blasting Scraggy with Fire while Scraggy is still recoiling from his attack. The evil puppet master wants his say though! He liked thunderbolt so he uses it again! Pushing scraggy closer to the edge.

Post-Round
Galladiator

Charmander – Jack (M)
HP: 48
Energy: 80
Stats Changes:
Other: two rounds of trick room

VS
Kaxtar

Scraggy (M)
HP: 3
Energy: 20
Charmander
Dig 3 energy (staying underground)
Dig 10 energy (attack) 6 damage
Fire Blast 7 energy 15 damage
Scraggy
Dig 10 energy miss because of dig
Hi Jump Kick 7 energy miss because of dig -10 HP
Head Smash 10 energy 32 damage -16 HP
Puppet Master
RNG rolled 4/9 for a thunderbolt
10 damage to Scraggy
10 damage to Charmander

Galladiator is first up this time round.

Round 4

Pre-Round
Galladiator

Charmander – Jack (M)
HP: 48
Energy: 80
Stats Changes:

VS

Kaxtar

Scraggy (M)
HP: 3
Energy: 20
Other: one rounds of trick room

I can’t think of any good pre-round flavour soooo...ahhhhhhhhh! The puppet master will kill us all!

Jack tries to use Fire Blast but is tormented by Scraggy before he can fire the fire blast, causing the attack to fail.

Both pokemon dig and both come up, however Scraggy used his last ounce of energy to actually burrow to the surface. Scraggy has little swirls where his eyes should be. That is a sure sign of the energy KO.

The puppet master uses his magic powers to open up a cage, releasing a wild houndoom! He uses a Dark Pulse of doom on Jack the Charmander. Ouch!

Post-Round
Galladiator

Charmander – Jack (M)
HP: 32
Energy: 70
Stats Changes:
Other: one round of trick room

VS
Kaxtar

Scraggy (M)
Stats Changes:

Other:

Charmander
Fire Blast, failed
Dig 10 energy foe already KOed
Scraggy
Torment 10 energy, Charmander is Tormented for six (6) actions
Dig 10 energy miss, energy KO
Puppet Master
RNG rolled 8/9 for Noundoom to attack
Houndoom used Dark Pulse 16 damage

Kaxtar sends out and issues actions
Galladiator issues actions

You made a little mistake. Torment only costs 9 Energy becuase of the STAB energy reduction, allowing Dig to hit and deal damage. Also, Charmander should still be Tormented.

Anyways, go Metang! Thanks to Trick Room, you can KO him before he can attack us!

Metang: Earthquake~Confusion~Earthquake

Round 5

Pre-Round
Galladiator

Charmander – Jack (M)
HP: 32
Energy: 70
Stats Changes:
Other: one round of trick room

VS

Kaxtar

Metang – Nickname (X)
Stats Changes:
Other:
The match started slowly but then the KO’s started coming. Will this round bring some more?

Kaxtar sends out his Metang nicknamed, well uhhhhhh, nickname. Kaxtar tells his Metang that one Earthquake will KO that little Charmander but it doesn’t! Jack the Charmander then proceeds to Fire Blast is foe but it misses and melts the bars of a cage. Out of that cage comes all of the fire type pokemon from the circus!

Nickname the Metang is shocked and confused that his master was incorrect and he wants his foe to be just as confused as him, sorry it. It launches a confusion attack at Jack (haha, it rhymes). I think I got confused as well as I can’t see Jack anymore. Wait there he is! He must have dug underground to surprise attack Nickname. That dig tactic still didn’t do much damage due to Nickame’s steel frame so Jack is a bit disappointed at that.

Finally Nickname launches an earthquake shaking the entire circus tent. The now released and wild fire pokemon of the circus start launches random flamethrowers in fright. One stray one hits Nickname but none hit Jack because he is KO’d on the ground.

Whoa I wrote over 300 words in that round. More than my latest school assignment ;I

Post-Round
Galladiator

Charmander – Jack (M)
Stats Changes:
Other:

VS
Kaxtar

Metang – Nickname (X)
HP: 58
Energy: 84
Stats Changes:
Other:

Charmander
Fire Blast 6 energy RNG rolled 89/100 for a miss
Dig 10 energy 14 damage RNG rolled 1/16 for a crit
KO’d
Metang
Earthquake 7 energy 20 damage
Confusion 2 energy 8 damage
Earthquake 7 energy 20 damage
Puppet Master
RNG rolled 6/9 for a Flamethrower!
Flamethrower 18 damage

Gallad new pokemon
Kaxtar actions
Gallad actions

Since his Flarelm is his only Pokemon left, I can just attack.

Zen Headbutt~EQ~Zen Headbutt

IF Will-o-Wisp, THEN Evasive Agility.

Round 6

Pre-Round
Galladiator

Flarelm – Gary (M)
HP: 100
Stats Changes:
Other:

VS
Kaxtar

Metang – Nickname (X)
HP: 61
Energy: 84
Stats Changes:
Other:

Galladiator yells at the top of his lungs
“Go Gary the Flarelm!”
“Shhhhhhhhhhhh”
Kaxtar answered. He was right to say that, becuase the dun dun dun...
the Wurmple woke up. Look at its stare, it’s just plain creepy.
“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.”
That wasn’t me people, it wasn’t me. Any let the round start!

Nickname the Metang starts this rodeo off with a Zen Headbutt, sending Gary flying back! Galladiator orders Gary to get up and keep going at it. Gary launches and amazing Flame Kick combonation attack! It sends Nickname right towards the, gulp, Wumple’s cage! The fire burns down the bars and we are taking this fight into the extremely dangerous cage of Wurmple!

The cage starts rolling over and over and over when Nickname summons an Earthquake. Gary uses logic and waits for the rolling to subside before attacking. This will be a nice cooldown period after is combo.

The cage stops rolling and trainer’s, not phased by the Wurmple, jump in it to give commands to their pokemon! Galladiator is closest to where the cage stoped and thus first in and he commands Gary to Fire Blast everything in sight! He sadly misses the wurmple but it hit’s Nickname the Metang! Kaxtar doesn’t want his Metang to be a sitting duck so he bellowed from the other side of the tent for him to use Zen Headbutt again! He uses it just before Kaxtar jumps into the cage so at the end of the round both trainers and pokemon are standing off in the cage of a Wurmple!

The puppet master doesn’t want the round to end so soon and he also wants to repair the cage that Gary’s fire blast melted. Because of this he sets up a magic room,not only repairing that entire cage, so that we are stuck it, but it also makes items useless! Not that any of us are holding items.

Post-Round
Galladiator

Flarelm – Gary (M)
HP: 66
Energy: 77
Stats Changes:
Other:

VS
Kaxtar

Metang – Nickname (X)
HP: 18
Energy: 67
Stats Changes:
Other:

Flarelm
Blaze Kick + Flame Charge
BAP: 14
Energy: 16
Accuracy: 95%
Flame Kick 16 energy 23 damage +1 Speed
Combo Cooldown
Fire Blast 7 energy 20 damage
Metang
Zen Headbutt 5 energy 12 damage
Earthquake 7 energy 10 damage
Zen Headbutt 5 energy 12 damage
Puppet Master
RNG rolled 2/9 for a Magic Room
Magic Room is in effect for four rounds! (haha useless (for now))

Kax

Round 7

Pre-Round
Galladiator

Flarelm – Gary (M)
HP: 66
Energy: 77
Stats Changes:
Other:

VS
Kaxtar

Metang – Nickname (X)
HP: 18
Energy: 67
Stats Changes:
Other:

What the? The Wurmple is transforming, into a Caterpie! Galladiator fells so scared he runs the exit of the cage, but of course the wonder room sealed it up. Instead he gets a big bump on his head.

Anyway, with the Trick Room gone Gary the Flarelm takes advantage of superior speed to Blaze Kick, but Nickname the Metang won’t go down without a fight. He flings himself at Gary and uses a massive zen headdbutt! I think that might have been a crit! Yes, defiantly a crit, Gary is struggling to get up. It seems that he was faking though and puff’s a Fire Blast from his sitting position at Nickname! It’s last ounce of HP is now gone and he falls in a heap on the ground, Nickname (is KOed) however, is not faking.

The puppet master now realizes that his fire type pokemon are having too much freedom. He commands them to flamethrower all the pokemon on the field again. It’s just Gary though on the field so he takes the full force of the attack. The good news is that the bars melted again, so we can get out of that cage that had the *gulp* Caterpie!!
Post-Round
Galladiator

Flarelm – Gary (M)
HP: 51
Energy: 64
Stats Changes:
Other:

VS
Kaxtar

Metang – Nickname (X)
Stats Changes:

Other:

Flarelm
Blaze Kick 6 energy 16 damage
Fire Blast 7 energy 20 damage
Metang
Zen Headbutt 9 energy 15 damage RNG rolled 1/16 for a crit
KO’d
Puppet Master
RNG rolled 6/9 for a Flamethrower
10 damage to Flarelm

Kaxtar’s elekid is automatically sent out; he then equips an item and issues actions. Gallad obviously gives his actions next.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)