•Dieux des arts défensive• (peaked at 1500+ points)

|Dieux des arts défensive|

Just three words about this team: Mew. is. underrated. I didn´t like Mew in Gen I - IV. But I LOVE IT in Gen V. So, those are my beginning words for my RMT. This team forces a lot of switches (and a lot of ragequits in the ladder, lol), and with enough Setup, I can effictively destroy Stall, and counter much of the biggest threats, and that´s why I was (before the ladder reset) on 1500+ Also I wanted to make a "non-so-mainstream-team". It´s funny to play with it, because, you have a unsuspected things in this team
But for now let´s begin with the:

Story of this team

Mew

I started with this Stallbreakset of Mew(WoW, Psychic, Softboiled, Taunt), I tested it, and it was amazing strong and annoying. So i decided to use it in my new Team.

Mew Hippo

What are you looking for, if you want to make some more damage? All right, weather. Weather is also important, to defeat other weather. Sandstorm and hail are the only one doing damage, and I decided to use SpDef Hippo, because it´s very bulky, can set up Sandstorm and Stealth Rocks, and he can shuffle the opponents team.

Mew Hippo Skarm

What more to say? Skarmory don´t take damage of the storm, he is one of the biggest physical Wall in the game, he stop every dragon, can set up Spikes, shuffle, heal himself AND he can powerful attack. What more to say? Good ol´ Skarmory.

Mew Hippo Skarm Quagmire

Bulky Water. They´re always good for Stall, no they´re important. Quagmire can effictively destroy ALL Setup Booster, and he can Setup on them with Stockpile/Curse. He has many Bulk to take much Heavyhitter, like Salamence, Gyarados, he can stall out Reuniclus, or sometimes, if well played, Thundurus himself!

Mew Hippo Skarm Quagmire Bronzong

Bronzong, gave me the option, to have one excellent counter more, for many things, like Gliscor, or for Electric things. Now I use SR on him, and Hippo became Roar, Slack Off, Earthquake and Ice Fang, to make more damage on dragons (WAAAAH! DRAGONS! EVERYWHERE!) and to some Steels. I tested Stockpile on it, but i wasn´t very good, to much Taunt...

Mew Hippo Skarm Quagmire Bronzong Tentacruel

Tentacrual was added for the TSpikes, and the Rapid Spinning. It has also great SDef and HP, and it can hax with Scald =) Not more to say, it was just a Fillerset, but then...

Mew Hippo Skarm Quagmire Bronzong Rosi

...came my Rosi in. I think, she´s better just because she´s UU, and i won´t making the Standardteam. Now, I love her in Gen IV, but in Gen V, er, too! I tested SpDef and Offensive Sets, but I didn´t know, what to choose. But, I made some more changes...

Mew Hippoterus Skarm Quagmire Jirachi Rosi

Jirachi! Everyone knows it, everyone like it! I played a set, similiar to brizznetz, thanks for this :P I saw the youtube analysis of IFM, and I liked his set more than mine, so I decided to switch my EVs to 252/+148/108 and it´s MUCH better than the Smogonset with 32 Speed...

Mew Ttar Skarm Quagmire Jirachi Roserade

Now I saw, Ttar is much better than Hippo, and now I use the standard SpDef set with Stealth Rocks and those things. I switched in this update my Rosi set, to combining a SpDef and Spe set. Also i made my Jirachi to the Standard Spdef HaxRachi.

Mew Ttar Skarm Swampert Jirachi Rosi

Swampert came in for Quagmire, because it´s a physical monster, and I can do 2 important switches in this team: Making Ttar a CB-Abuser and making Jirachi the not so commen SubCMRachi. With those two switches was my team complete, and they´re the best switches, in the whole teamstory. You´ll see later, why. But for now, I show you the current version: (if there are any rates, I´ll edit the current version, and making another step in this story)

Current Version:

And now, a closer look at this team, here is the

In-Depth

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
(Ability: Sandstream)
~244/36/0/-0/+220/8 Careful~

Stone Edge/Crunch (BP: 100 | Acc: 80 Higher chance for a crit. STAB/BP: 80 | Acc: 100 May lowers foes Defense. STAB)
Pursuit (BP: 40 | Acc: 100 Doubles power if the opponent is switching. STAB)
Superpower (BP: 120 | Acc: 100 Lowers his Atk and Def by one stage.)
Fire Punch (BP: 75 | Acc: 100 May burn the opponent)

Why this Pokémon?
Tyranitar is one of the best Weatherstarters, it´s unbelievable versatile, a REAL powerhouse, and he has unbelieavable SpDef. It brings me my Storm and can hit hard. Also, it´s the main special wall and the "pseudo ice and electric resistance".

Why this Set?
CB Ttar is just a monster. With 8 Speed Evs, he can outspeed almost every other Ttar (without the Scarfversion, but this one is getting kill´d by Mew), and kill them with Superpower. The given EVs, are for much SpDef Bulk and hard hitting. You say: But why not 252 Atk EVs? NO! So it´s hard enough and without this, it wouldn´t have enough bulk! With his monster SpDef of 480 it can troll with Mew whole Teams. Fire Punch is for luring in switching Scizors and Ferrothorn, Pursuit is for Lati@s, Jellicent, and the other ones, Superpower for Tyranitars and Stone Edge/Crunch for the Power.

Mew
@ Leftovers
(Ability: Synchronize)
~252/-0/+148/0/0/108 Bold~

•Ice Beam (BP: 95 | Acc: 100 May freeze the opponent)
•Taunt (BP: - | Acc: 100 For three rounds, the oponnent can´t use non damaging attacks.)
Will-O-Wisp (BP: - | Acc: 75 Burns the opponent)
- •Softboiled (BP: - | Acc: - User gains half of full HP)

Why this Pokémon?

Why not.
No, really, why not? It´s a monster physical wall, can stall almost everything out, and can destroy EVERY stallmon (without Heatran and Sableye, and maybe, some other ones). Mew is very versatile, and the opponent NEVER knows, which set it is. And with Ttar as my SpDef wall, they can destroy every-non-mixed mons together.

Why this set?
The attacks are selfexplantory: Ice Beam: killing Gliscor. Taunt: Destroying stall. Softboiled: healing yourself and WoW to lower the foes Atk and doing some extra damage. The given EVs, allow Mew to outspeed jolly Breloom and Cloyster, and the remaining was given in the Def. This is the ultimate set for it, also in OU.

Swampert @ Leftovers
(Ability: Torrent)
248/0/+216/0/44/-0 Relaxed~

•Earthquake (BP: 100 | Acc: 100 STAB)
•Scald (BP: 80 | Acc: 100 May burn opponent. STAB)
•Stealth Rock (BP: - | Acc: -)
•Ice Beam (BP: 95 | Acc: 100 May freeze Opponent.)

Why this Pokémon?
It has a deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep fall from Gen IV to V, but it´s one of my favourite Dragon and Scizor counter. It can also counter Tyranitars, and burn often. It has well balanced Def/Atk stats, so it can hit good, and take much hits. Like a bulky water :P So, all you guys know about this, so I don´t have much more to say.

Why this set?
Ice Beam countering Dragons, Scald for STAB and burning hax <3. The EVs are common, and good. Earthquake is really strong, and SR are selfexplentory. I prefer it other SR users, because my team needed one with a bit power, a good typing, and one, which is not common :P

Skarmory @ Leftovers
(Ability: Sturdy)
~252/0/+224/-0/0/32 Impish~

•Spikes (BP: - | Acc: -)
•Brave Bird (BP: 120 | Acc: 100 1/4 Recoil damage. STAB)
•Whirlwind ( I think you what this does :P)
•Roost (BP: - | Acc: - Use gains half of full HP)

Why this Pokémon?
If you´re looking for a physical Staller, you can´t look over Skarmory. He can use Spikes, has a 120 STAB move, PHazing move, a recovery move. He has 65/140 Def states. I really can´t say more. It laughs at Dragons. It has GREAT typing. Really not more.

Why this set?
Having max Def and outspeeding the most common set (it has 28 Spe). Phhh. It´s the usualliest set everytime. Boring, but good...

Jirachi @ Leftovers
(Abillity: Serene Grace)
~252/-0/0/160/0/+96 Timid~

•Substitute (BP: - | Acc: - Creates a Substitute.)
•Calm Mind (BP: - | Acc: Increases SpAtk/SpDef by one stage)
•Psyshock (BP: 80 | Acc: 100)
•Thunderbolt (BP: 95 | Acc: 100 May paralyse oponnent)

Why this pokemon?
First, it was the set of brizznet, than, a SpDef rachi, and now it´s BOSSRACHI. Really. It can setup on almost everything, and the best: It laughs on Blissey+Chansey. And if it setted up, it is unstoppable. So, I think, Jirachi is in the Top 10 of all Pokémon, everytime. Or is it the best, isn´t it? I dun know...

Why this set?
Sub+CM is just awesome. Psyshock is for hitting Blissey+Chansey hard, also hitting Thundurus good with it. Phew, it can hit very hard Jellicent or Porygon2, it is also very good against stall. The given EVs allowing Jirachi, outspeeding all those positive 80 Bases, and I don´t want 252/4/252 Speed playing, because it needs some Powaaaah.

Roserade @ Leftovers
(Ability: Natural Cure)
~252/-0/0/0/96/+160 Timid~

•Toxic Spikes (BP: - | Acc: - )
•Rest (BP: - | Acc - User fells for 2 rounds asleep, but recovers full HP.)
•Sleep Powder (BP: - | Acc: 75 The foe fells asleep.)
•Hidden Power [Fire] (BP: 70 | Acc: - )

Why this pokemon?
So, now last but not least. Awwwr, I love Rosi. She´s very bulky, and has 2 big sets. Having a grass type in this team, is also good for me. But i know, I´ll explain u

Why this set?
This set is my own, combining the SpDef bulk and the Speed of it. It can save my ass multiple times with Sleep Powder. It´s just a normal Toxic Spikes and my status absorber, thanks to it´s trait, Natural Cure. With the given EVs, it can outspeed, one of my biggest threats: LO Heatran with HP Grass. But if it sleeps, Tyranitar or Swampert or Jirachi can take it out.

Soooooo, that´s it for now. Tomorrow, I´ll add some more things, like threats and maybe, if there are some rates, a threatlist. Please give me a feedback of the making of and presenting of the team, I´m new at RMTs!
So, now rate it, hate it, steal it.

~To be edited

Liking the format! Only a quick opinion here, I would go back to using Quagsire over Swampert. The main reason for this is that Quagsire has superior choice in terms of ability (Unaware or Water Absorb). Both these abilities help it wall set up sweepers and Drizzle teams respectively. Also Quagsire can uise the exact same moveset you use on your 'pert. And i feel that it would be more beneficial to take advantage of Quagsire's abilities.

Other than that I don't see any massive weakness the team has, I'll give a better rate at a later date

@ Zurich: Yes, Sun teams can be, if well played, a major problem. And Dugtrio is a pain in the ass, Dugtrio is anytime a pain in the ass :P But if I see Dugtrio at the beginning of the fight, I usually have TTar back, and don´t send it out, but if I do, then switching instantly to Mew and burning Duggy. But, you´re right, if well played, Sun teams can f*ck my ass. Also I´ll test Heatran over Rosi, it seems like a good idea. Maybe giving some Atk EVs to it? If you have a good set for it, post this please. But thanks for the rate! (For the Venusaur, Mew has Synchronize, so Venusaur fells asleep, too :P)

@ I am Doz: Meeeh I dunno :/ Then I had to let Rosi in, using Spikes on her and on Skarm SR, and using Quagmire here. But anyways, thanks for the rate, I´ll test it now!

@Aeromence+Tiffany : edited, thank you :x (that´s why I never survived and special attacks with Skarmory xD)

I´m writing later some more to Quagmire and especially Sunteams, when I tested it. Also, I´ll make the threatlist. Do you see and other big weakness? If you do, report me please.

This team is very Excadrill weak. It can set up on Tyranitar and Jirachi for free and all you have is Skarmory and Swampert to combat it. Skarm does nothing but delay the inevitable and Swampert will fall with to LO Excadrill or other variants with previous damage. I agree with everyone in saying Unaware Quagsire is better for the team because at the very least it helps you defeat Excadrill in combination with Skarm.

Hey I got the message, I agree (as does ocn) that Stallbreaker Mew is awesome! The team is actually surprisingly solid (despite having a SWAMPERT) so I can't complain of much. TR Reuniclus is pretty tricky for you to handle, as is the newly released and wholly superior CM Alakazam. Jirachi can't wall many special threats with that set. CM Virizion is also pretty tricky for you to handle- obviously toxic spikes will mess it up so it's less pressing, but it can set up on Swampert easily and can mostly fuck up your whole team.

I hate to say this but you might need to use a standard Haxrachi. Mew does a pretty good job of breaking opposing stall teams and stopping fighting types and Dragons from walking over your team, so the coverage is rather redundant. The bulky water types that a Jirachi would set up on would be easy prey for Roserade. He'll be a much better general special wall that will work in tandem well with Roserade. Also, something quick, please use at least one grass move on Roserade, preferably Energy Ball > Hp fire since Scizor is not a huge threat and total Skarmory set-up fodder.

That's all I have, good luck!

So guys, I tested you rates a bit, and now I´m using those two Sets:

Quagmire
@ Leftovers

~248/0/+252/0/8/-0 Relaxed~

•Earthquake (BP: 100 | Acc: 100)
•Scald (BP: 100 | Acc: 100 BURRRRRRRRRNING HAX CHANNNNNCE!!!)
•Recover (BP: - | Acc: - User gains half of full HP)
Toxic/Stockpile/Curse/Ice Beam (Dunno, which I choose...)

Why this Pokémon?
Because you say it. Stoppin´ booster, Excadrill. Yeah. But I think, you know, why I switched it.

Why this set?
Which other Set I shall choose, lol?

and the next one, it´s

Heatran @ Air Balloon or Chople Berry? I think Air Balloon... Or may scarf?
~Specially Defense, could you say me a good split?~

Stealth Rocks
Fire Blast
Rock Slide
Roar/Toxic/...

Stopping my Sunteam weakness, Snorlax is easily handled by Mew, and Heatran is taking out the other ones. Also stopping Venusaur, if it has Air Balloon. It came in for Rosi, to get the SR. I think, I´ll use Air Balloon, or choice scarf, I´m scared of HP Ground Volcarona. But I´m writing more tomorrow, bye for now and rate please^^

If you were to use one of those two sets, use Quagsire. It stops more threats than just excadrill, such as DNite and other boosting dragons. Use toxic on it to beat other quagsires and weaken things down in range for other pokes.
+ Another nitpick edit on the BP of scald, its 80, not 100. Still seems like a great team

Hay guys!
I realized, to be extremely Specstoedweak!
So, greetings for my next Member: Celebi!

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SAtk / 48 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic

Or maybe HP Fire/Fighting over Substitute? Or maybe CM>NP? It stopps Politoed, and Rainteams overall. Split allows to outspeed Rotom-W, most Rachis and Gliscor, Max Speed Tyranitar, and maybe some other mons. Ah and outspeeding Specstoed^^

If there are some other posts, then I´ll edit the starting posts with new team members. But pleaaaase say me a new set for Heatran :>

if you want a specially defensive Heatran, then the typical set is this I believe...
Heatran@leftovers
calm
-flamethrower
-toxic
-stealth rock
-toxic
252 hp/248 spD/8 spe
hp and spD might be switched, but I'm pretty sure this is correct.

Starmie can wipe out your team,
you don't realy have a counter but CM latias can solve your problem.
Since Thundurus and Excadrill is gone your team has a upper hand at countering threats in the metagame.
Also I like your SkarmTran Core it gives your team a lot of support.
Solid team and well done for your peak.

Starmie can wipe out your team,
you don't realy have a counter but CM latias can solve your problem.
Since Thundurus and Excadrill is gone your team has a upper hand at countering threats in the metagame.
Also I like your SkarmTran Core it gives your team a lot of support.
Solid team and well done for your peak.
mew outstalls starmie and T-tar traps and KOs it.

great team you got there. I don't really have any advice for your team but you should change your title Dieux des arts défensive for Dieux de l'art de la défence. It's the correct way to say it in French.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, got the request.

For Tyranitar, I say you pretty much have to go with Crunch. Pursuit just plain doesn't cut it as a dark STAB and Stone Edge isn't very reliable anyways. Crunch will do you a lot of good against Reuniclus, who is a monster against stall.

Nitpicking with the Mew EVs. Mew isn't a very reliable way to deal with Breloom or Cloyster. Against the former, Mew is vulnerable to Spore on the switchin whereas Cloyster can get through with sheer power in the latter case. I suggest going with a spread of Bold 252 Hp/ 204 Def/ 52 Spe. The speed allows it to outspeed most Gliscor variants (why 216 Speed Gliscor hasn't caught on yet baffles me, but w/e) while maintaining optimal physical bulk. This allows Mew to better tank hits from the likes of CB Terrakion, who would otherwise be a nightmare for this team. Although Mew's main role on this team is stallbreaker, you still don't want to fall to X-Scissors.

I suggest going with a Stockpile Quagsire. Unless your opponent has a grass move, this thing just plain doesn't die. Scald and Toxic allow you to basically status everything except Heatran, who wont enjoy taking Scalds and has no hope of breaking through Quagsire without Hidden Power Grass. Run Bold 252 Hp/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD because atm. Your team has troubles against DD dragons. Quagsire can shut off their power boosts and Stockpile in their face. If the opponent feels brave enough to stay in, just poison/ burn them and heal up. Then alternate between Stockpile and Recover as the opponent's entire team gets statused.

I also suggest going with a specially defensive variant of Heatran. The only sun sweepers that commonly carry ground moves are Sawsbuck and dragons. Who are handled by Skarmory and Quagsire. You shouldn't be paranoid of HP Ground Volcorona either. Volcorona must sacrifice Morning Sun/ Substitute/ Rest in order to use HP Ground and will therefore die much faster with entry hazards damage, sandstorm damage, life orb recoil, and maybe poison damage too if you can get it on the switchin. Just come in on Volcorona and Roar it out, the Stealth Rocks damage will build up.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Flash Fire
Calm
252 Hp/ 252 SpD/ 4 Def
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

While SubCM Jirachi is a fantastic pokemon for breaking stall, you already have Mew doing the job. Furthermore, you never know when Jirachi is going to parahax a pokemon you really needed burned, so it screws around with team synergy. Also, your team has a problem against Toxicroak. Heatran, Quagsire, and Mew do a great job spreading status already, while the Latii twins are kept in control by Heatran and Tyranitar. So I suggest replacing Jirachi with a Subtect stalling Gliscor. With Poison Heal Gliscor can start up an infinite stall chain because Substitute and Protect heal back all of Gliscor's health sacced to make the Substitute. The EV spread I've made allows Gliscor to outspeed all variants of Toxicroak and Lucario, meaning Mynism's Toxicroak and SP Ice Punch Lucario now lose to Gliscor. The only pokemon that Gliscor needed the physical defense for were Excadrill and Terrakion. The former is now banned and the latter is taken care of by Mew, so you migh as well run speed. For the last slot, you can opt for Toxic so Gliscor can help spread status, Ice Fang to hit opposing Gliscor, or Baton Pass for momentum.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Jolly
252 Hp/ 40 Def/ 216 Spe
- Substitute
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Toxic/ Ice Fang/ Baton Pass

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you can hit Specstoad with status on the switchin. Gliscor can stall it out. Plus, you can use Subtect to exhaust Hydro Pump's PP if necessary.

GL

Sub landorus. Ripe this team to shreds. Skarmory... Cant defend your whole tEqm and some numb nuts run HP fire. Also landorus often has. Rotom hanging around

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)