Toasttyrant vs. Albinoloon (Nightrise refs for the first time!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ASB arena was a new thing for Night, he had never seen such an amazing site such as this, being the one who is reffing this match, Night was rather excited, but he didn't want to let the excitement go to his head. He needed to be focus for this battle today, as he refused to make a mistake in his first battle. The trainers were Toasttyrant and Albinoloon, here were the rules of engagement

1v1 FE singles
2 recovers/5 chills
Abilities all
No switching
No items

Asb arena

Teams!

Albinoloon
Cradily [Frickasee(M)]
Nature: Relaxed (+1 Rank in Defence; -15% evasion; reduction in speed(23*.9=20.7))
Type: Grass/Rock
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
Abilities:
Suction Cups: (Inate)This Pokemon has sticky suction cups that anchor down to prevent it from being moved or scared away by Roar or Whirlwind. It will hold its ground against Dragon Tail and Overhead Throw and will not be forced out in a switch battle.
Storm Drain(DWLocked): (Innate)This Pokemon lures all water attacks to itself, altering their course away from partner Pokemon. It absorbs the water and increases its Special Attack by one (1) stage. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.

Stats:
HP:100
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 5(+)
SAtk: Rank 3
SDef: Rank 4
Spd: 39(43*.9 = 38.7)

EC: 6/6
MC: 4
DC: 3/5

Moves:
Astonish
Constrict
Acid
Ingrain
Confuse Ray
Amnesia

Toxic
Protect
Substitute
Rock Slide
Energy Ball
Hidden Power (Fire 7)
Sludge Wave
Sandstorm

Magic Coat
Mirror Coat
Mega Drain

Move Total: 17

Toasttyrant
Cacturne (*)
Chlora (F)
Nature: Naughty (+1 to Attack, -1 to Special Defense)

Type: Grass / Dark
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 55
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 17

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
DC: 4/5

Abilities:
Sand Veil: This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Water Absorb (Dream World LOCKED): This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recovering 50% of the damage the water attack would have done. A Pokemon that attacks itself with water to heal only recieves 25% of the damage that attack would do to itself.

Attacks
Poison Sting(*)
Leer(*)
Absorb(*)
Growth(*)
Leech Seed(*)
Sand Attack(*)
Pin Missile(*)
Ingrain(*)
Disable(*)
Seed Bomb(*)
Worry Seed(*)
Double Team(*)
Payback(*)
Swords Dance(*)
~~~~~~~~~
Hidden Power Ice 7
Sucker Punch
Poison Jab
Toxic
Sandstorm
Revenge​

Master it has been so long...

Sludge Wave ~ HP Fire ~ Sludge Wave
if Disable is used, replace the last action with Toxic

"Alright Chlora, it's been forever since we've been in battle together, so let's just do our best and hope for a chance at victory!"

Toxic -> Double Team (4 Clones) -> Disable Sludge Wave

Round 1

Both trainers step out onto the stage, and prepare for the quick battle, Albinoloon sends out Cradily, while Toasttyrant sends out Cacturne. Both pokemon look fierce and ready to battle. Cacturne, who is much faster goes first by spitting Toxic sludge at Cradily, causing him to become badly poisoned. Not a great way to start off the battle. Cradily in return uses Sludge wave, but it doesn't seem to have any long lasting effects. My vision must have blurred here folks, oh wait, no! Its a double team from Cacturne, causing 4 more of him to appear, Cradily is going to have a tough time hitting the right one now! Speaking of which, HP fire seemed to have hit a clone, doing no damage, poor Cradily. Cacturne does some sort of trick to make Cradily forget Sludge Wave so instead a toxic get thrown at him and goes right into a clone, Round end.

HP:97
Energy:79
(Note you have to add your Weight class, size class, and Base rank total)
Toxic 2DPA
Disabled(Sludge Wave) 5 actions

vs.

HP: 80
Energy:67
2 clones left

Action 1

Cacturne used Toxic
-7 energy

Cradily used Sludge Wave
20 damage, 7 energy

Action 2

Cacturn used Double team
-16 energy

Cradily used Hidden Power
-7 energy, one clone gone

Action 3

Cacturne used Disable(Sludge Wave)
-10 energy

Cradily used Toxic
-7 energy, -1 clone

"Alright, let's experiment with some hax! Lucklily this is a 'No W/L/T' battle, so there's plenty of room for trial and error!"

Sandstorm -> Sand Attack -> Chill

IF he uses Magic Coat on Sand Attack THEN use Double Team (2 Clones) instead.

Da Rules said:
Sludge Wave: The Pokemon shoots a wave of slime across the field at its opponent. The toxic slime may poison the target. This attack hits all adjacent Pokemon.

Master, what should we do?

Subbstitute 15 HP ~ Sludge Wave ~ chill

I'm confused as to why you posted that Albinoloon. You're quote I mean.

Alright, I see you're trying to say it would knock the clones out, but it was disabled so you used Toxic, the only time you used it was when only one pokemon was on the field. So, Sorry.

to state sludge wave's ability to hit all opposing pokemon on the field
probably should have made it clear, though
sorry

We come upon the next round, Cradily seems to have a slight advantage right now, but it doesn't take much to turn that around! Cacturne starts off by whipping up a sandstorm on the field, which increases his Evasion! He just became a whole lot harder to hit! Cradily decides to take cover behind a 15 hp Substitute, which seems like a smart move for now, blocking Sandstorm from damaging it. Cacturne tries to use Sand-Attack but ends up just kicking some sand on Cradily's substitute. Cradily tries to use Sludge Wave, but it's still disabled, so nothing happens. Cacturne takes this free turn to chill out, as does Cradily, leaving our two Pokemon much the same as they were last round. Let us see who finally goes all out!

HP:76
Energy:79
Toxic 2DPA
Disabled(Sludge Wave) 2 actions
Substitute(15Hp)

vs.

HP: 80
Energy:65
2 clones left

Action 1

Cacturne used Sandstorm
-10 energy, Sandstorm for 4 Rounds

Cradily used Substitute(15hp)
-15 hp, -12 energy

-2 Toxic damage

Action 2

Cacturne used Sand-Attack
-4 energy

Cradily used Sludge Wave
Disabled

-2 Toxic Damage
Action 3

Cacturne chilled
+12 energy

Cradily chilled
+12 energy

-2 Toxic Damage

Pretty sure I got everything.

Looks like both Pokemon have gotten tired of beating around the bush in this battle. Cradily starts this round off with a Hidden power of his, Fire. Which hits the real target! Amazing luck for Albinoloon, the two clones disappear at this point, leaving Cacturne out in the open. Cacturne seems to take the damage pretty well, and follows up by slamming into the Cradily's substitute, but not taking it out. Cradily seemed to like how it's Fire was working, and repeats the move, but this time it misses thanks to Cacturne's evasion boost. Cacturne takes this time to kick Sand in Cradily's eyes, lowering its accuracy causing it it miss Sludge Wave

HP:67
Energy:51
Toxic 4DPA
-1 Accuracy

vs.

HP: 65
Energy:39
+20% Evasion

Action 1

Cradily used HP Fire
15 damage, 5 energy

Cacturne used Revenge
12 damage, 8 energy

Action 2

Cradily used HP Fire
Miss, 9 energy

Cacturne used Revenge
12 damage, 12 energy(Sub broke)

Action 3

Cacturne used Sand attack
6 energy

Cradily used Sludge Wave
Missed, 7 energy

Cacturne wastes no time this round, and disables Sludge Wave once again, causing Cradily's move to fail. Cacturne decides to chill out and just laugh at Cradily's failure. Cradily gets frustrated and releases its hidden power, Fire. Dealing solid damage to Cacturne, but it manages long enough for a round of chilling. Both pokemon must be getting really tired seeing as they're chilling out quite a lot.

HP:55
Energy:51
Toxic 4DPA
-1 Accuracy

vs.

HP: 45
Energy:56
+20% Evasion

Cacturne Disabled Sludge Wave
-7 energy

Cradily used Sludge Wave
Disabled

Cacturne used Chill
+12 energy

Cradily used HP Fire
15 damage, 5 energy

Cacturne used Chill
+12 energy

Cradily used Chill
+12 energy

Sandstorm is in effect for one more round.

Sludge Wave was done being disabled four actions ago.

We need to push the scale!

Sludge Wave across the field ~ HP Fire ~ Sludge Wave
if Disable is used on any action, apart from the first, replace that action with Ingrain

Uhm...Albino...Sludge Wave is still Disabled from the first action of last round. :c

"Well Chlora, let's try to take advantage of the situation!"

Disable Sludge Wave -> Poison Jab -> Seed Bomb
IF Cradily's Hidden Power were to sucessfuly hit on Action 2 THEN use Revenge instead of Poison Jab.

Actually, I made a mistake eariler, Disable only lasts 3 actions, not 6. So I believe I need to change some things around. Actually all it did was subtract 20 hp from Cacturne and 7 hp from Cradily as far as I can tell. With this development, I feel like I should allow people to change their actions if they so choose

With that delay in the battle out of the way, the match continues, Cacturne disables Sludge Wave with little problem Causing Cradily to once again, fail the attack. Cacturne follows up with a Poison Jab, while Cradily fails a simple Hidden Power Fire. Seed bomb is used by Cacturne while Cradily fails at using Seed bomb once again. Cradily and his trainer seem to be falling a part in the final rounds, lets see if they can catch up.

HP:24
Energy:46
Toxic 5DPA

vs.

Energy:38

Cacturne used Disable
-7 energy

Cradily used Sludge Wave
Disabled

-4 hp Cradily

Cacturne used Poison Jab
8 damage, 6 energy

Cradily used HP Fire
Missed, 5 energy

-4 hp Cradily

Cacturne used Seed bomb
11 damage, 5 energy

Cradily used Sludge Wave
Disabled

-4 hp Cradily

Sandstorm is now no longer in effect.

ALRIGHTY, WE CAN DO THIS!

Seed Bomb -> Double Team (3 Clones) -> Seed Bomb

IF he uses Sludge Wave on Action 2, THEN use Poison Jab instead of Double Team.

This is futile. How can I hit a target I can't see. Just forfeit already!

I'm afraid it doesn't work like that, Frickasee. Just see to it that you do your best!
After all, this is just training- beneficial to both of us.

Ingrain ~ Substitute 15 HP ~ Sludge Wave

Both pokemon look pretty done for, this might just be the last round! Cacturne begins with a Seed Bomb, doing a little bit of damage to Cradily, who in-turn Ingrains. Trying to recover some lost health. But the Toxic it's facing cancels that healing power out pretty fast. Cacturne next sets up a Double team, creating 3 clones of himself while Cradily sets up a 15 hp substitute, but wait! The move seems to fail due to Cradily not having enough Hp left to summon it, and As Cradily takes Cacturne's last Seed bomb, it faints. Ending this very good pokemon battle. Good job to both trainers

HP:0
Energy:0
Toxic 5DPA

vs.

Energy:12

Cacturne used Seed bomb
11 damage, 9 energy

Cradily used Ingrain
-9 energy

-2 hp from Cradily(5 Toxic-3 Ingrain)

Cacturne used Double Team
-12 energy

Cradily used Substitute(15hp)
failed, 12 energy

-2hp from Cradily

Cacturne used Seed Bomb
11 damage, 5 energy

Rewards
ToastTyrant13 receives 2TC
-Cacturne receives 2MC and 1DC and a KOc

Albinoloon receives 2TC
-Cradily receives 2MC and 1DC

Nightrise receives 2RC

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Actually, I made a mistake eariler, Disable only lasts 3 actions, not 6. So I believe I need to change some things around. Actually all it did was subtract 20 hp from Cacturne and 7 hp from Cradily as far as I can tell. With this development, I feel like I should allow people to change their actions if they so choose
? Disable lasts for 6 actions and inflicts one of the foe's last 3 actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)