Trainers must use 1 NFE & 1 FE
Switch = Athenonononodoros
Items = Off
All Abilities
Arena: Terra Cage
Field Type: Ground
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: All Weather inducing moves/abilites bar Sandstorm/Sand Stream/Cloud Nine/Air Lock will fail, No Water Source, No Natural Grass, Limited ceiling

Description: Terra Cage is a rough, indoor, desolate place that despite its hard, rocky surface, can be dug into. It is about 50x50m in length & width, & it is 30m high. The main mechanic here that gives Ground Types an advantage here is that when Sandstorm is used, it randomly fuses itself with the mud that can be found in some places around the arena, & the Sandstorm turns into a Mudstorm.
During a Mudstorm, at the end of every action, anything that isn't a Ground Type takes 2 Damage, +1 if the Pokemon is weak to Ground, or -1 if the Pokemon resists Ground (Flying & Levitiate is considered Neutral, Pokemon with Overcoat/Magic Guard don't take any damage). In addition, all non-Ground Type moves used by non-Ground Type Pokemon have a flat 5% reduction in Accuracy. Any Ground-Type Pokemon that would benefit from Sandstorm through Typing, Abilities, etc. Will receive the same benefits in a Mudstorm. Mudstorms only last the first three turns of a Sandstorm, after which, it will go back to a regular Sandstorm.

Summary: Anything mentioned in the Restrictions, plus Sandstorm will turn into a Mudstorm when used.

Team SOS

Lickilicky(*) [George] (Male)
Nature: Quiet - Adds * to Special Attack. A 15% decrease (rounded down) in Base Speed and a +10% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent's attacks.

Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Stats:
HP: 110
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 43(-) (50 / 1.15)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 5
Base Rank Total: 18

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
DC: 5/5 (UNLOCKED!)

Abilities:
Own Tempo: This Pokemon moves at its own pace and cannot be confused by any method. [Innate]

Oblivious: This Pokemon is incapable of being effected by Attract or Cute Charm. [Innate]

Cloud Nine (DW): This Pokemon dispels a misty aura which rises into the sky and nullifies any weather effect when it is ordered. [Can be activated/commanded]

Attacks:
Lick*
Supersonic*
Defence Curl*
Knock Off*
Wrap*
Stomp*
Disable*
Hammer Arm*
Muddy Water*
Zen Headbutt*
Ice Beam*
Dig*
Double Team*
Power Whip
Swords Dance
Return
Refresh
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Protect
Toxic
Shadow Ball
Counter
Thunderbolt
Bide
Explosion
Wring Out

Move Total: 28

Squirtle "The OG" (M)
Nature: Quiet - +SpA, -15% Spd, -10% Eva

Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Torrent: When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the Base Attack Power of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14) (Innate)
Rain Dish (DW, LOCKED): This Pokemon collects water in the rain and absorbs it into its body, healing two (2) HP/action. (Innate)

EC: 2/9
DC: 1/5

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 37 (43/1.15)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 14

Attacks:
Levelup
Tackle
Tail Whip
Bubble
Withdraw
Water Gun
Bite
Rapid Spin
Protect
Water Pulse

Egg
Mirror Coat
Yawn
Aqua Ring

TM
Toxic
Protect
Ice Beam
Scald

Move Total: 16

Team IAR:

Hippowdon(*) [Stortamus] (M)
NATURE: Impish

TYPE
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

ABILITIES
Sand Stream: (Innate) When entering into battle, this Pokemon summons a massive Sandstorm that does not end, expending 10% of its energy to do so. It can re-summon the effect mid-battle for 9% Energy with a command.
Sand Force (DW Unlocked): (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in Sandstorm conditions, using the power of the swirling sand to augment its Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks. Each of this Pokemon's Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks will have two (2) added to their Base Attack Power. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

STATS
HP: 110
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 5 (+)
SpA: Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 47
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 7
Base Rank Total: 20

EC: 6/6
DC: 5/5

ATTACKS (31)
LEVEL-UP
Ice Fang
Fire Fang
Thunder Fang
Tackle*
Sand-Attack*
Bite*
Yawn*
Take Down*
Dig*
Sand Tomb*
Crunch
Fissure

TM/HM

Roar*
Toxic
Protect
Earthquake*
Double Team
Facade
Rest
Attract
Giga Impact
Stone Edge
Rock Slide*
Substitute

EGG
Curse*
Slack Off*
Body Slam*
Revenge

PAST-GEN
Endure
Stealth Rock
Iron Head

Cleffa [Kuraz] (M)
NATURE: Quiet (-10% Evasion)

TYPE
Normal
: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

ABILITIES
Cute Charm: (Innate) This Pokemon’s natural cuteness causes Pokemon of the opposite gender in the same egg group to be attracted to it 30% of the time after striking with a contact move.
Magic Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it. Additionally, the energy protects the Pokemon from its own reckless recoil attacks.
Friend Guard (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon's body emits an aura of joy that reduces the Base Attack Power of all opponents' attacks in multiple battles by two (2).

STATS
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1
Def: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 13 (-)
Base Rank Total: 10

EC: 3/9
DC: 4/5

ATTACKS (14)

LEVEL-UP
Pound
Charm
Encore
Sing
Sweet Kiss
Copycat
Magical Leaf

TM/HM
Protect
Psychic
Flamethrower
Substitute

EGG
Wish
Mimic
Aromatherapy

This seems fair enough. And as the challenge acceptor, I order first (always need to remind myself...) Note to self: update Cloud Nine in George's abilities.

George: Toxic (Hippowdon) >>> Ice Beam (Hippo) >>> Power Whip (Hippo)
If Hippowdon uses Protect, use Swords Dance and push actions down.
If Hippowdon uses Substitute A1, use Muddy Water instead of Toxic.

The OG: Scald (Hippo) >>> Ice Beam (Hippo) >>> Scald (Hippo)
If Cleffa uses Magical Leaf, use Mirror Coat.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Random entered the now nerfed cage & faced an old rival of his. Random sends in Kuraz & Stortamus to counter, but...First things first...

Cleffairy [Kuraz] (M)
NATURE: Quiet (-10% Evasion)

TYPE
Normal
: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

ABILITIES
Cute Charm: (Innate) This Pokemon’s natural cuteness causes Pokemon of the opposite gender in the same egg group to be attracted to it 30% of the time after striking with a contact move.
Magic Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it. Additionally, the energy protects the Pokemon from its own reckless recoil attacks.
Friend Guard (DW Unlocked): (Innate) The Pokemon's body emits an aura of joy that reduces the Base Attack Power of all opponents' attacks in multiple battles by two (2).

STATS
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
Spe: 30 (-)
Base Rank Total: 16

EC: 4/9
DC: 5/5

ATTACKS (21)

LEVEL-UP
Pound
Growl
Charm
Encore
Sing
Doubleslap
Sweet Kiss
Defence Curl
Copycat
Follow Me
Magical Leaf
Minimise
Wake-Up Slap
Bestow

TM/HM
Protect
Psychic
Flamethrower
Substitute

EGG
Wish
Mimic
Aromatherapy

Ahh, Much better. Now, Stortamus enters, but I choose not to activate Sand Stream...Initially...Now to what's at hand...

"Let the fun begin guys! First off, Kuraz, distract those two fools while Stortamus sets up our Mudstorm without any troubles! Then we shall start taking down the Slobber thing! Stortamus, counterattack it while Kuraz gives it a slapping! Lastly, I want Stortamus to burrow around while Kuraz continues to be a pain & use George's own attack on Squirtle!"

Stortamus: Ability: Sand Stream (A1, not upon entry) > Revenge (George) > Dig (George)
Kuraz: Evolve (Pre-A1) > Follow Me > Wake-Up Slap (George) > Copycat (George's Power Whip, use on The OG)

The battle kicks off in a sparkly fasion as Kuraz transforms into Clefairy!
After that the attacks get started. Defying common sense, the Hippo moves first, bringing a slightly delayed Sand Storm using his ability (did you delay it for the sake of 1 energy or what?). George is next to go, and he fires a Toxic gloop straight at Stort-wait it seems to have missed and hit Clefairy! In fact it appears that this was Team Random's plan; it was in fact Clefairy who moved first after all, luring his opponenets attacks with Follow Me! Squirtle also redirects his attack, a stream of Scalding Hot Water, towards Kuraz the Clefairy.
Though the fastest around (somehow) Stortamus still seems dislinclined to attack, eating a pair of Ice Beams from his opponents. Clefairy gives Lickilicky a little slap but it barely compares to Hippowdon's Revenge! A strong first strike by Stortamus indeed.
It isn't long after that that the hippo scurries underground, narrowly avoiding a vicious Power Whip from George and Squirtle's second Scald. Clefairy attempts to use his own Power Whip against Squirtle based on what he saw used by Lickilicky, but since it was not the last used move in the round he ends up Scalding it instead. Luckily Stortamus picks up the slack once again, emerging beneath Lickilicky and dealing decent damage with Dig.

Team IAR:
Clefairy/Hippowdon
89 HP/78 HP
78 EN/73 EN
Toxic (2)/(None)

Team SoS:
Lickilicky/Squirtle
70 HP/79 HP
78 EN/83 EN
(None)/(None)

The Sandstorm Rages

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
What happened to my precious Mudstorm that was supposed to show up...Also, You sort of have to post calcs & rolls now, since they're sort of...Mandatory...Lastly, FRIEND GUARD!!!

"Yes, yes. It's an okay start. Now to capitalise!"

Stortamus: Thunder Fang (The OG) > Dig (The OG) > Facade (The OG)
IF The OG Protects successfully, THEN Redirect to George
IF First Sub Triggered AND it was used A1, THEN Revenge (George) instead, AND push actions back by one.

Kuraz: Mimic (George's Power Whip) > Power Whip (The OG) > Magical Leaf (The OG)
IF The OG Protects successfully WHEN you are targeting it for an attack, THEN Wake-Up Slap (George) instead, AND push actions back by one.

Fabulous. Damn you, Follow Me. Anyway, George's Cloud Nine is outdated.

Cloud Nine:

Type: Trait

Pokemon with Cloud Nine will not suffer any negative effects of weather, but will benefit from all positive effects. Sunny Day and Rain Dance do not increase the damage of attacks against them, or decrease the damage of their attacks. They suffer no damage in Hail and Sandstorm. Their SolarBeam will retain its BAP in Hail, Rain Dance, and Sandstorm, while the charge is still removed under Sunny Day. SolarBeam always charges against them, Blizzard, Thunder and Hurricane will always check with their 70% accuracy (or 50% if a weather effect reduces it.)

Cloud Nine also has a command that can nullify weather on the field.

Command: (Ability: Cloud Nine)

Pokemon with this ability: Psyduck, Golduck, Lickitung, Swablu, Altaria, Lickilicky.
Zetta sexy, no?

George: Activate Cloud Nine to dispel the Mudstorm >>> Hammer Arm Clefairy >>> Ice Beam Hippowdon.

The OG: Scald Hippowdon (gogogo burn hax!) >>> Protect >>> Mirror Coat Clefairy

I raise my middle finger to the mudstorm.

IAR I did a few rolls for accuracy for the mudstorm, nothing changed. I knew I'd forgotten something...
I'll add calcs from now on.

While Kuraz takes a second shot at Mimicing Power Whip his Teammate takes the Offensive, chomping down on the OG with Thunder Fang. Squirtle returns fire with Scald while his teammate uses magic powers to disspiate the sandmudstorm.
In what could be described as a total dick move to a supposed ally, the OG decides to Protect himself, leaving his opponents no choice but to focus fire George. He manages to fend off Clefairy to some extent with a powerful Hammer Arm, but still finds himself being Slapped and... Digged?
The now vulnerable Squirtle then suddenly finds himself as the center of attention. Stortamus' Facade strikes first with Clefairy's Critical Magical Leaf following. He manages however to reflect the force of the latter back in the fairy's face with Mirror Coat, while a now-slower George fires an Ice Beam at Hippowdon.
Hippowdon Thunder Fang vs Squirtle: 13
Squirtle Scald vs Hippowdon: 17
Lickilicky Hammer Arm vs Clefairy: 17
Clefairy Wake Up Slap vs Lickilicky: 7
Hippowdon Dig vs Lickilicky: 13
Hippowdon Facade vs Squirtle: 9
Clefairy Power Whip (crit) vs Squirtle: 20
Lickilicky Ice Beam vs Hippowdon: 17
Squirtle Mirror Coat vs Clefairy: 0

Team IAR:
Clefairy/Hippowdon
72 HP/44 HP
64 EN/54 EN
Toxic (3)/(None)

Team SoS:
Lickilicky/Squirtle
50 HP/37 HP
59 EN/54 EN
-1 Spe/(None)

Geez, this is way too close... And as Random said above, rolls too please.

George: Muddy Water (it's described as being spat from the user in the DAT, IIRC) >>> Ice Beam Hippowdon >>> Muddy Water
If Hippowdon uses Dig, use Hammer Arm Clefairy.

The OG: Scald Hippowdon (BURNHAX NAO) >>> Water Pulse Clefairy >>> Scald Clefairy
If Clefairy uses Magical Leaf again, Mirror Coat it right back, and shift dem actions down.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Action 3 for Kuraz was supposed to be Power Whip: Kuraz's sub DID say push actions back...Also, FRIEND GUARD (Factor it in)!!!

"Hmmm..."

Stortamus: Dig (The OG) > Rock Slide > Dig (The OG)
IF The OG faints, THEN redirect to George

Kuraz: Protect > Power Whip (The OG) > Protect
IF The OG faints, THEN redirect to George

My mistake about the Power Whip... I feel its probably necessary to fix this, as it makes a considerable difference. I'll give you guys a chance to change actions, since its quite a change.
Friend guard hasn't been taken into account because Kuraz only had 4 DC when it was sent into battle.
As for rolls.... sigh.... does it really matter? It just seems like a nuisance to me.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
I'm fine with my actions, unless SoS wants to change.

Kuraz had 4 DC, but gained DC #5 upon entry & evolution... :|

It's not whether it matters, Jesseus, it's what is required now... I'm going to reorder if nobody minds.

George: Muddy Water >>> Ice Beam Hippowdon >>> Muddy Water
If Hippowdon uses Dig, on A1 and A2, use a combo of Muddy Water and Muddy Water, on A3, Hammer Arm Clefairy.

The OG: Protect >>> Scald Hippowdon >>> Water Pulse Clefairy
If Clefairy uses Protect A3, chill.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
If that's the case, then so shall I.

Stortamus: Dig (George) > Thunder Fang (The OG) > Iron Head (George)

Kuraz: Protect > Follow Me > Power Whip (The OG)

Kuraz and the OG both Protect themselves, leaving George and Stortamus to do all the battling. Stortamus burrows underground, and George waits patiently for him to emerge, preparing a devastating combo. Unfortunately, the Dig attack seems to catch him off guard and the Super Muddy Water misses entirely!
Lickilicky cools down and Hippowdon takes the stage as the unquestioned most powerful dude around, chomping down on Squirtle with a Thunder Fang. However, something within the tiny turtle stirs, and suddenly a huge Torrent bursts forth which he fires as a Scalding hot blast straight at - Clefairy? Oh yes, it seems to have pulled that "Follow Me" trick again.
Seeing George recover, Stortamus attempts to put him off again using Iron Head. Clefairy and Squirtle exchange blows with Power Whip and Water Pulse respectively, but the heavy hitter seems to be Lickilicky's powerful Hammer Arm against Kuraz.
With Squirtle on his last legs and George not far behind, it looks like its almost over for team SoS
Hippowdon Dig vs Lickilicky
To crit: 60 (No), 13 Damage
Lickilicky Super Muddy Water vs Hippowdon
To hit: 77 (No), 0 Damage (would have done 36)
Lickilicky Super Muddy Water vs Clefairy
To hit: 89 (No), 0 Damage
Hippowdon Thunder Fang vs Squirtle
To hit: 34 (Yes) to Paralyse: 33 (No) to Flinch: 34 (No) To crit: 32 (No), 13 Damage
Squirtle Scald vs Clefairy
To crit: 52 (No) To burn: 82 (No), 13 Damage
Hippowdon Iron Head vs Lickilicky
To crit: 27 (No) To Flinch: 86 (No), 10 Damage
Clefairy Power Whip vs Squirtle
To hit: 64 (yes) to crit: 76 (no), 16 damage
Squirtle Water Pulse vs Clefairy
To confuse: 65 (no) to crit: 32 (no), 11 damage
Lickilicky Hammer Arm vs Clefairy
To hit: 4 (yes) to crit: 18 (no), 17 Damage

Team IAR:
Clefairy/Hippowdon
31 HP/44 HP
42 EN/34 EN
Toxic (4)/(None)

Team SoS:
Lickilicky/Squirtle
27 HP/8 HP
16 EN/39 EN
-1 Spe/Torrent Active

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
"Alrighty folks, almost time to wrap this one up."

Stortamus: Thunder Fang (The OG) > Revenge (George) > Revenge (George)
IF The OG Protects (Combo or not) successfully A1, THEN swap A1 with A2
IF George Protects successfully WHEN you are targeting it for an attack, THEN Chill instead

Kuraz: Wake-Up Slap (George) > Flamethrower (George) > Wake-Up Slap (George)
IF George Protects successfully WHEN you are targeting it for an attack, THEN Chill instead

Not content to drag it out, SoS and his team decide to just chill out while the inevitable arrives.
It doesn't take long. a Thunder Fang from Stortamus finishes the OG before he even considers doing anything, leaving George to weather a barrage of fighting moves. It is eventually Kuraz's Wake Up Slap which, ironically, knocks him unconcious.

Hippowdon Thunder Fang vs Squirtle
To hit: 62 (Yes), 13 Damage
Clefairy Wake Up Slap vs Lickilicky
To crit: 27 (no), 7 damage
Hippowdon Revenge vs Lickilicky
To crit: 3 (yes), 16 Damage
Clefairy Wake Up Slap vs Lickilicky
To crit: 87 (no), 7 damage

Team IAR:
Clefairy/Hippowdon
WINNARS

Team SoS:
Lickilicky/Squirtle
DEATH

Prizes:
Trainers get 2 TC Each
Clefairy and Squirtle get 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC
Hippowdon and Lickilicky get 3 MC
Hippowdon and Clefairy get 1 KOC
I get 5 RC

Tell me if I've missed anything.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Remember to change the thread's prefix to completed.

GG SoS, was good while it lasted. Thanks for reffing LJ, much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)