Your weather is mine!

I've been working for a while on a team to take to the VGCs, and lately, I've just been failing epically, but now I believe that I finally made a team that will work for me and win me a trip to Nationals, but I wanted to get a 2nd opinion on the team in case there were any weaknesses I didn't see. Please help me.

Crobat @ Flying Gem
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Def​

Moves:
  • Acrobatics
  • Sunny Day
  • Rain Dance
  • Taunt
The anti-lead of my team. With the Adamant nature, he has a solid chance of KOing Latios in one hit with Gem-Crobat-ics and a lot of other non-resisting pokes as well. Taunt lets him shut down Trick Room and Tailwind users. I tried Cross Poison, but I never really used it, so I got rid of it. Sunny Day and Rain Dance let him screw with the weather to his hearts content while still giving his team good support.

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk/252 HP/4 Def​

Moves:
  • Sucker Punch
  • Iron Head
  • Swords Dance
  • Protect
If you try to Intimidate Bisharp, he will Intimidate you. If you try to defend against Bisharp, he will only get stronger as he waits. If you see him with Crobat, your pokes might be a few moves away from death. After Crobat hits you with Taunt, there's no stopping Sucker Punch, which gives some much-needed support. Sword Dance lets him set up. Protect lets him block Fake Out in order to keep the Sash in play. Iron Head is there to give him a 2nd STAB.

Latios @ Haban Berry
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd/244 Sp. Atk/4 HP/4Def/4 Sp. Def​

Moves:
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Psychic
  • Substitute
  • Calm Mind
My solid hope against other Dragons and several other pokemon. Dragon Pulse guarantees a KO against every Dragon except Latios while the Haban Berry keeps from being killed by Dragons in turn. If Latios comes in on him, he can just set up Subs while Bisharp takes care of him. I thought about using Thunder, but I got so little use for it that I decided to give it Calm Mind instead so it can set up one someone trying to Sucker Punch him. Psychic kills all non-Payapa Fighting and Poison Types. No exceptions.

Rotom (Wash) @ Leftovers/Sitrus Berry
Nature: Modest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Sp. Atk/4 Def​

Moves:
  • Thunderbolt
  • Thunder
  • Hydro Pump
  • Protect
Rotom Heat wasn't working out for me, so I decided to turn him into a Hydro Pumping Washing Machine that works well in Rain. Thunder gives him perfect accuracy in Rain while Hydro Pump gives him a ridiculously powerful STAB. Thunderbolt is there if I can't afford to set up Rain. Protect gives him time for Leftovers if I give him that item, but I might stay with Sitrus Berries.

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/ 4 Sp. Def​

Moves:
  • Hi Jump Kick
  • Fake Out
  • Rock Slide
  • Wide Guard
Man. Whoever said that everything is worse with Weasels made a pretty d*** good point. Fake Out gives everybody, and i mean EVERYBODY, time to set up their stuff. Hi Jump Kick w/ a Life Orb gives him a move with RIDICULOUS power. Rock Slide is there to give him a good flinch chance and something to use if HJK = death for the weasel. Wide Guard protects the rest of the team from the most commonly used spread moves that can kill them. Regenerator lets him heal off LO recoil.

Roserade @ Choice Scarf/White Herb
Nature: Modest
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 228 Spd/76 HP/204 Sp. Atk​

Moves:
  • Leaf Storm
  • Shadow Ball
  • Weather Ball
  • Sludge Bomb
This is an oddball that actually does a good job. I tried a Choice Scarf, but the extra speed wasn't necessary for his job, so I gave it a White Herb to deal with Leaf Storm recoil. Its EVs give it enough speed to outrun an unscarfed Rotom, yet enough HP to survive Kingdra's Ice Beam. Sludge Bomb gives him a solid STAB while Shadow Ball lets him hit for random super effective hits, but I'm thinking about getting rid of it. Weather Ball gives him a wonderful choice b/w Fire and Water when Crobat is with him.
Please rate and I hope you enjoyed reading this.​

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Well as said time to finish my 3day late rate:

Heres a few things to note:

-Boosting moves DO NOT work in doubles ever. Unless your cresselia or Latias, and even then its hard to pull off. So you should take-off all boosting moves

-Your team seems situational and I can see non-weather teams(goodstuffs) being trouble. Not every team is weather, so You put your team down by being weather centric.

-Im still iffy on roserade. Idk theirs much better weather abusers out there, and wasting a turn to change the weather just for weather ball seems meh

Im getting lazy and sleepy, so I'll leave it at this.

I disagree on the boosting moves. I often partner infernape with bisharp as my opening lead. Some people know I will fake out so then they double protect and then I swords dance with bisharp. With adamant and 252 attack, bisharp is able to reach an attack of 388, capable of KOing the majority of pokemon with sucker punch.

I'm a little leery on high jump kick. I've used the same set except with a wide lens in 2011. If you want to continue with high jump kick, change the evs for hp so that if high jump kick misses, it divides the hp into 3, not two. In other words, adding four hp evs will make the total 141 instead of 140 which can be divided twice into 70. It's highly unlikely that mienshao will have the chance or will miss 3 times in a row without suffering any damage during that time, but that 141 did save me a couple times.

If you want to stay with life orb, I would use drain punch. It doesn't take away hp when it misses or the pokemon protects.

You don't have much of a counter for scizor, ferrothron, or many steel types. Those tend to be physically bulky so mienshao can't take them down in one hit usually. I would change thunder on Rotom-W to hp fire.

For latios, I think protect would be more useful than calm mind. You already have substitute to block sucker punch.

Instead of roserade as a weather abuser, zapdos works even better. It's bulkier and has tailwind.

Zapdos w/leftovers
Modest
move 1: Thunderbolt
move 2: Tailwind
move 3: Heat Wave
move 4: Detect
item: Charti Berry / Electric Gem
ability: Pressure
nature: Modest
evs: 140 HP / 252 SpA / 116 Spe

Most people use this zapdos.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You are very weak to Mental Herb holders who set up Trick Room. Once it goes up, you have nearly no way of stopping it. You only have two Protect users to try and stall it out. I'd recommend Night Slash over Protect or Iron Head on Bisharp and changing it to Inner Focus. This way, you can Acrobatics and Night Slash any Trick Room setter-uppers you see, which should be enough to OHKO them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)