BW OU Christmas (Hail RMT)

Christmas (Hail RMT)

What is a better way to wish merry Christmas then by presenting a Hail team? :)

Originally I wasn't going to post this RMT just yet since I was planning on using it during the Smogon Tournament #8, but I've noticed that this team has been passed around alot, which makes it lose its element of surprise and with that being one of the biggest reasons of it's success, it just doesn't work out anymore the way it used to. Besides, this team has been the example team for the Hail guide I'm writing for about a month now so people had access to it anyway. So yeah, I'm retiring this team. Mainly because I want to see if it has reached its potential or if there is something that could make it "better". As I mentioned before this team is the example team of the BW Hail guide, so I want it to be as good as possible.

First of all, before we start, I would like to thank Mynism, who has helped me tremendously with building this team, by playing with it to see what the weak points were (I would do it myself by I absolutely fail at laddering). He even managed to get a good leaderboard score out of it as well. Peaking high on the leaderboard, as well as winning several tournament battles (albeit with his own version of the team which has some minor differences). I guess you can call this a joint RMT if you will. I would also like the give a shout-out to everyone at #Benelux for their support. No lack of creativity there! Oh, and Stunt and Noodlez, I hope you post your awesome Hail team anytime soon as well ;)

So about the team then. The main idea was to build a team based around a Kyurem sweep. All team-members support this idea in one way or the other, but once the team was finished we noticed that not only Kyurem, but all the pokemon on the team are able to pull some sort of sweep off. Or just plain Toxic stall. Me and Mynism like to be creative and you will definitely notice that these pokes will have out-of-the-box ideas, wether it's in the moveset or something as seemingly unimportant as an EV-spread (again a big thanks to Mynism here who helped me come up with some of these). Now, enough with the chit-chat, let's take a closer look at the team:

Abomasnow (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Wood Hammer

No surprise here cause Abomasnow is the obligatory factor for a Hail team. Many different sets were used before we ended up with this one. And with the new usage statistics showing Dragonite to be the most used pokemon we eventually ended up with a full physical set to have a strong Ice Shard as back-up against Dragonite and similar threats. Seed Bomb might look weird when Abomasnow has access to the much more powerful Wood Hammer, but we really disliked the recoil and Seed Bomb ended up being just as good anyway. Protect and Leech Seed are somewhat standard, but they are useful for scouting etc and perhaps healing my other pokes a bit. Max attack is to make Ice Shard as strong as possible and 188 HP EV's give maximum Leftovers and Leech Seed recovery. The remainder were dropped in speed so Abomasnow can outspeed the likes of Jellicent, Tyranitar, etc. Ironically enough, this is the exact same set I ran in Gen 4; so the classics still work ;)

---

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 236 SAtk / 216 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast

Custom made Kyurem set and the so called "star of the team". Kyurem is actually pretty underrated and when people see it they automatically assume it's a choiced set, as those are the most common. Therefor Substitute often provides us with the element of surprise. Thanks to Kyurem's more then decent bulk it's actually not that hard to get a Substitute up. Weaker, resisted attacks as Scald or Volt Switch won't even break the Sub. As for as moves go we went with the moves that would give the best possible coverage with dual STAB moves and the shaky Focus Blast, this allows Kyurem to hit everything for at least neutral. Pressure is also very nifty, draining low PP moves as Gyro Ball and Fire Blast in barely 4 turns. The HP EV's give 405 HP so Kyurem can make 101 Subs and switch into SR 4 times without dying. Enough Speed to outspeed Lucario, Dragonite etc. The rest is dropped in special attack to make Kyurem able to hit as hard as possible. There aren't a lot of pokes that can safely switch into Kyurem cause it hits like a truck. It has saved my ass so many times and it's definitely one of my favorites pokes to use atm.

---

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Roar

Heatran is here to deal with the annoying Steel-types that Kyurem cannot best; Jirachi, Scizor etc. It also handles Volcarona and Sun teams in general and provides me with a good enough check for stuff like CM Latias, who I just can Roar away until I have a more favorable matchup. Heatran also sets up the all-so-important Stealth Rock and provides me with a phazer.The moves are pretty standard but since Protect is pretty redundant in the Hail I opted for Earth Power instead to hit opposing Heatran, Tentacruel, Ninetales etc pretty hard. A bit more speed EV's then the standard variant so we can outspeed opposing ones, which can be useful on certain occasions.

---

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 204 HP / 208 Def / 96 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Blizzard

Blizzard Tentacruel is cool! All puns aside, Tentacruel is the obvious spinner of the team. With Kyurem and Abomasnow being weak to SR, this isn't unappreciated. But what's perhaps even more important is Toxic Spikes. These nasty venomous entry hazards make sure Kyurem can get past specially defensive walls as Blissey and Chansey. It should also be said that unfortunately when the Hail is up, Jirachi can actually flinch Heatran to death, but luckily we also have Tentacruel in the wings who can hopefully get a burn or even a freeze off. Again, his moveset is fairly standard with the exception of Blizzard over Protect or Venoshock. This is quite the surprise for Dragons and Grass-type that try to use Tenta as set-up fodder. Btw, why use Hail when not abusing it, right? we went with a bit more speed then the usual set though, this way Tentacruel can get a quick Spin off before he dies, it also allows him to outspeed Dragonite and hit it with Blizzard. Rain Dish as the ability makes it easier to combat Rain teams.

---

Reuniclus (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Recover

I <3 Reuniclus. With her typing and immunity to residual damage she makes one of the best pokes to use to tank hits from those physical powerhouses as Terrakion or Conkeldurr and to sponge the occasional Outrage. And when the opportunity arrises, set a a couple of Calm Minds and sweep. we could have gone with other defensive walls here, but with Magic Guard preventing residual damage (including Hail) Reuniclus was just to good to ignore. She is also a key weapon when facing stall teams. Not much to say about the moves and stuff since it's pretty standard, but hey it works, so no need to change it. Psyshock over Psychic in case I need to do a CM war. The small amount of speed EV's also helps with CM wars with opposing Reuniclus.

---

Conkeldurr (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 196 HP / 120 Atk / 188 SDef / 4 Spd
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Last but not least we have Conkeldurr. Fixing certain weaknesses like his capability of taking Rock attacks that the rest of the team despise. The moveset is yet again, fairy standard but effective nonetheless. Priority Mach Punch is the main reason we preferred Conkeldurr over other Fighting types as Machamp or Hariyama. That and Guts of course, there is nothing more satisfying then abusing status the other way around. We went with a slightly bulkier EV spread here so he can take hits better. Even without max attack, he still hits hard enough. Conkeldurr makes a decent sweeping pair with Reuniclus and most of the time it's one of them that gives me the necessary edge in battle.

---

- Ice Shard
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Wood Hammer

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Blizzard

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Roar

Kyurem @ Leftovers
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast

Reuniclus (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Recover

Conkeldurr (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 196 HP / 120 Atk / 188 SDef / 4 Spd
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Updates:

- Ice Shard
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Wood Hammer

Kyurem @ Leftovers
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Roar

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Blizzard

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 44 Def / 220 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Sword Dance
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch

Updated Version 2: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3468637

Thanks for reading this RMT, I hope you liked it. If you have any comments, suggestions or questions, feel free to post them and I'll get back to you.

a fairy

I’ll be at PAX East! Will you?
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
What are the benefits of Black Sludge over Leftovers on Tentacruel?

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I really like the Tentacruel set, and you have compelled me to try out Kyurem. Also, where did you obtain the minimalist pictures?

a fairy

I’ll be at PAX East! Will you?
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
And then what happens if the Trick user gives it to another Pokemon?

I've faced this team before and my Volcarona, although slightly unique (Focus Sash, HP Ground, slightly bulky) was able to rip through the team. Granted I fight alot so the third time if faced this team they started with Conkeldurr and his natural bulk was able to make Volcarona less threatening but the point remains.

One way to solve this is to have Heatran carry an Air Balloon.

Got to give props though for seeing this so high on the ladder, giving Hail the boost it deserves and for a well used Kyurem.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
One way to solve this is to have Heatran carry an Air Balloon.
Without this Heatran would have no recovery, and would suck...

Also, I recommend trying 252/252 (sp.atk and speed) on Kyurem. It do not believe the HP EVs are that Necessary, considering you have other Pokes (Conk and Reun) to beat Blissey, the most common user of S-Toss. You will also get more firepower and outspeed some stuff.

Black Sludge/Leftovers debate is endless and pointless. I think you're right for this team though since Rotom-W isnt threatening at all and giving him a dangerous item to trick would be annoying. Anyway Black Sludge is cool in some team.

252/252 on Kyurem is something we'd have to try. Gotta make calcs to see if its better !

X5Dragon, I remember you killing this team haha. Shukka berry or Air Balloon could be a great help against this Volcarona set, but being not common, I think keeping Leftovers is better.

Thanks for rates!

This team seems weak to other cm reuniclus as heatran cannot roar it out forever with no reliable recovery, i assume your method of dealing with it is simply to switch in kyurem and hope for a freeze or to overwhelm it with powerful blizzards.

To patch this up i would run 8 or 12 speed evs on your reuniclus and then give it a LO allowing it to effectively win cm wars against other reuniclii unless they crit you.
Lo will also give reuniclus a lot more ability to potentially sweep with the extra power which can make all the difference.

Very nice hail team :)

Imo, your Kyurem would benefit alot from an Expert Belt Abomasnow with HP Fire, Wood/Seed, Ice Shard and Blizzard/Protect. Indeed, it's not the best when it comes to keeping the weather up, but it makes a perfect Scizor lure for Kyurem. Nothing much to say, nice team and good luck.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Delko really cool hail team :o. The first change I'm going to suggest is changing your Reuniclus to a TR set with HP Fire. This set does a great job at luring in Scizor so your Kyurem can have an easier time sweeping. Your team is also fairly slow so it would bennefit from having TR up in a lot of situations. I really think you need a more reliable ground resist so I recommend SD Virizion over Conkeldurr. You get to keep your Rock resist, but on top of that you get a very useful ground resist and insurance against rain.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Quiet nature (+SpA, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Virizion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SpA)
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

good luck with the team!

Hey Delko nice hail team, funnily enough I'm using one similar to this!
Jirachi instead of Conkeldurr and other set changes.

How does your team fair against Volt Switching Combo Sciz+Wash? They could prove problamatic.

Volcarona will also do a number on this team if its carrying HP Ground, Ballon Heatran can still work wonders in the Hail.

Terrakion my cause you trouble but Reuni/Conkel should be enough.
And I'm also guessing in the most favourable situation you can stall out Stone Miss behind a sub with Kyurem thanks to pressure.

GL with your team, hope this was hopeful.

This is obviously a very well structured and well put together Hail team, so congrats Delko and Mynism. I don't have the time to do a proper rate unfortunately but I just wanted to point out that Dragon types can hurt you very badly. Offensive Latios, Hydreigon or bulky CM Latias in particular look to be extremely dangerous since you only run one Steel type in Heatran (who is weak to common coverage moves such as Surf, and has no recovery in Hail). Of course Reuniclus can take a hit or two and with good prediction and a lot of prior damage Abomasnow's Ice Shard will help you out but it's still a pretty major problem. Not really sure what you can replace without opening up a few weaknesses, I suppose Skarmory or Scizor > Conkeldurr would work pretty well but it's debatable whether the extra coverage on Dragons is worth losing the rock resist and opening up a bit of a Heatran weakness.

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hey Delko,

Glad to see this team finally go up! Perhaps the biggest problem with Balanced Hail is finding a way to check threats from different playstyles, since Hail is a support weather than does more to work off its unique range of residual damage rather than directly influence offensive or defensive traits. You've effectively made use of the BlizzSpam, but I think there is a weakness to Reuniclus and Offensive Rain especially. Reuniclus, OTR and CM, can run through your team incredibly fast, the former OHKO'ing everything after rocks + residuals, and the later being able to set up a calm mind and get at least one KO, since it can't be taken down from getting multiple residuals due to Magic Guard, and everything on your team is hit by super effective by Psychic / Fighting coverage. Offensive rain with stuff like Starmie and CB Azumarill are also troublesome because your team is excruciatingly slow, and you lack priority. What I can suggest is running a Bulky Scizor over Conkeldurr, which still checks Terrakion and gives solid priority, but gives you more type diversity, and deals with all Reuniclus (bar the random HP Fire ones floating around). This also goes for what bubbly said as well.

Secondly, the Rain issue - Mynism, I'm looking at you... - which is harder to deal with, can be somewhat "fixed" by using a 252 252 specially defensive spread on Abomasnow, with the lowest speed so you can ensure you get your weather up first in the case of a lead. And lastly, you (Mynism...) have to ask...is Toxic Spikes really necessary for the function of your team? My answer is no, because your Kyurem and Reuniclus much more prefer Spikes support anyway, since most of their worth mentioning counters are not affected by Tspikes. Without Recovery, Kyruem won't beat Chansey / Blissey assuming both start at full health. Starmie would give you the same Rapid Spin support with much more of an offensive presence. Although it's not a pressing requirement, this change is something worth considering.

Cool team Delko!

I remember watching you battle Mynism with this team and he was smashing you with a Moltres :P

Ironically, you are weak to your own sweepers. Calm Mind Reuniclus sets upeasily against Abomasnow and Tentacruel; you can't really damage it after the +1 SpD boost and it can simply CM + Recover + attack its way to victory, especially since most run a few speed EVs, so they will outrun yours, leaving you helpless in a CM war. Bulk Up Conkeldurr is also a threat since your main counter is Reuniclus but you won't be dealing that much damage with Psyshock since you're hitting his boosted defense stat.

The only mon that beats both of these threats is a slightly modified stallbreaker Mew. He resists both of Reuniclus's attacks, Taunts to prevent set-up/recovery, and can slowly wear it down with Seismic Toss, while healing off the minimal damage he'll be taking. Against Conkeldurr, he takes minimal damage upon switching in and smacks it hard with Psychic. I would replace Reuniclus to make room for Mew, since they both perform fairly similar roles in countering fighting types.

Mew @ Leftovers
Bold | 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpA
Taunt | Psychic | Seismic Toss | Night Shade Softboiled

Just something to consider, nice team!

HI! Cool hail team, but as said before Reuniclus can give your team a lot of troubles because you don't really have a counter besides your own and Roar Heatran (which is just extending your loss), and so can BU Conkeldurr because Reuniclus can't hit it all that hard with Psyshock after a Bulk Up, and Tentacruel can't really hit it hard. Toxic Spikes will also boost his Attack, letting him wreck even more. I wouldn't call rain really troublesome, as Abomasnow and Kyurem can easily wreck rain teams with just two members, and rain teams hate Toxic Spikes from Tentacruel, and Reuniclus and Conkeldurr are also decent against rain if you can set up. Also something BKC forgot is Dragon Dance Gyarados (I know I said rain offense is managaeble, but Gyarados is different). It sets up on Conkeldurr, Heatran or Tentacruel (when willing to risk Scald Burn). After that, your three Water resists are all wrecked by boosted +1 Stone Edges, as Kyurem and Abomasnow are both OHKOed by Stone Edge, while Tentacruel can't do anything major while getting 2HKOed (or OHKOed by Earthquake). Conkeldurr and Heatran are also KOed by +1 Waterfall while Reuniclus is 2HKOed and can't 2HKO with Psyshock (does 45% max).

Okay, so I think the Mew BKC suggested works well, but you could also try a Sableye. That is, because it has priority on all his moves, letting him burn Gyarados and other sweepers before they attack. Sableye can Will-O-Wisp Gyarados before it gets a chance to +1 Waterfall, and can Recover (again, with priority) to outstall Gyarados thanks to burn and Life Orb. He also has Ghost-typing, letting him block Rapid Spin from Tentacruel, which can be annoying seeing how important Toxic Spikes are for Kyurem to break through the pink blobs. He also is immune to both of Reuniclus common moves, so it can outstall Reuniclus without having to Recover, and he also isn't weak to Shadow Ball, meaning Trick Room Reuniclus. It's also less risky for Sableye to directly switch in on Conkeldurr because he isn't weak to Payback, though Mew can OHKO Conkeldurr with Psychic and it's not like he takes a ton from Payback, so Mew is probably better against Conkeldurr (though they both come out on top against Conkeldurr quite easily). You probably know the set already, but here it is just in case:

Sableye @ Leftovers | Prankster
Bold | 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Will-O-Wisp / Recover / Taunt / Night Shade

Also, you could even try a Calm Mind / Hidden Power Dark / Will-O-Wisp / Recover set. It might seem really gimmicky, but I have used it a little and it's actually really useful. I would probably stick with Taunt + Night Shade though because it takes on stall teams better.

Good lucK!

Okay, thanks for all the feedback everyone, we really appreciate it :)

Leftovers > Black Sludge: Meh, why not, it's a preference really. I always use Black Sludge on Poison-types, looks cooler I guess. Trick is annoying, but predictable. Like I said, matter of preference here.

I got the pics here.

HP Ground Volcarona is rare but can indeed be annoying. Heatran is as good of a counter as you can get though (and it really needs Leftovers). But since I'm a bit paranoid, I always assume HP Ground, so as soon as I see Volcarona on my opponent's team, I lay down Toxic Spikes as soon as possible. This puts a timer on Volcarona and thus making it manageable. This is my preferred strategy when I see a Volcarona + Dugtrio combination as well. However, as far as I can recall, I lost at least 3 battles where I was winning 5-1 and last poke Rest Volcarona still beats me. There is only 1 solution here: BAN Volcarona ! >:)

The only positive thing I see in running a basic 252 SAtk / 252 Spe spread on Kyurem is a bit more Speed (tying with max Speed Gliscor that is becoming more common these days would be nice) since with a Timid nature my special power will drop too. And tbh, I rather like Kyurem's ability to let the Sub survive weaker hits (which it couldn't without a small amount of HP investment). We shall try out that spread and see though.

What team isn't weak to TR Reuniclus? Some smart switching around works best imo. But I like your idea Razza, about giving Reuniclus Life Orb (and some Speed investment) to perform better in a mirror match, we shall definitely try this, thanks. We can't afford to run a TR variant because Reuniclus needs recover (and the added bulk) in order to be a solid switch in for strong physical attackers (CB Terrakion, Conkeldurr, etc).

This team is definitely not weak to Rain Offense! If anything, it's Rain Stall that causes it the most trouble. Starmie is no problem as both Abomasnow and Kyurem can take its hits without to much effort. And Tentacruel walls Azumarril completely (especially when Rain is up cause Rain Dish). Besides both can be worn down with Toxic Spikes in case they could pose a threat. The only "big threats" on offensive Rain teams that can be a bit problematic are SD Toxicroak and SD Scizor with Superpower/ Brick Break.

Although I really like the defensive Abomasnow set, max Attack and Ice Shard are just really important since the most used poke atm is Dragonite (Ice Shard also takes care of similar threats). On the other hand, I could even more offensive and run a mixed set, as the one suggested with HP Fire, but because of this bulkier version I can handle Gyarados and the likes much easier.

Conkeldurr can bit somewhat of a threat to but again, there is Toxic Spikes which puts a timer on it. I know this gives it a Guts boosts but I rather see it die in a couple of turns then to have a slighty lower attack stat. Funny you mention it BKC, as we actually had Mew in Reuniclus' place in an earlier version. Reuniclus eventually took it's place mainly because of Magic Guard (it could switch into status moves etc which makes it way easier to handle stall teams). Oh and Mynism counterteamed with HP Ground Moltres that loves to crit ;)

EDIT: Sableye isn't weak to Payback nor Shadow Ball but it's still 2HKO'ed by both cause it's very frail. And although it's one of the best counter for CM Reuniclus, it can't switch-in the like of Terrakion since it dies to Stone Edge (again, since it's just so weak). I think the "easiest" way here is to try that Life Orb suggestion with a little Speed on Reuniclus to handle opposing ones. Thanks for the rates everyone!

Just lol'd. How do you deal with DDNite when it comes in on Conk for a DD. +1 Adamant Outrage 2HKO's Heatran while Abomasnow is OHKO'd (I think) by ESpeed with 2 SR (i.e weather war). Not sure how you play so I can't really suggest anything.

Hi, your team is similar to my hail except of some sets and I recommend you to put a Choice Scarf on Kyuremu (Blizzard, Focus Blast, Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse or Outrage if you want to stop Blisseys), this set is much more dangerous, you check his counters with the others members of the team and finally you spam Blizzard and win, this is good because you haven't got a RK

Good Luck with the team, I like seeing people that try new things in the metagame

truedrew

Banned deucer.
hey delko nice team. although its UU and really rare mixed nidoking can give this team some trouble

Thanks again for the rates guys !

If we're facing a Dragonite with DD and ExtremeSpeed then we just have to lure it in Outrage. That way it can't change moves and Ice Shard kills.

Idk, I found a Sub Kyurem set to be much more dangerous then a Choiced one. Changing moves and regaining health through Leftovers is pretty damn useful.

Nidoking can be a bit of a problem I guess, although when it's health is low enough, Ice Shard kills it too.

---

Okay, we changed Reuniclus's EV spread from 252 HP / 252 Def 4 SAtk to 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe in order to perform better against opposing CM versions.

Thanks everyone for their rates so far :)

Nidoking give troubles to any balanced/stall team lacking Blissey or Chansey.

Just lol'd. How do you deal with DDNite when it comes in on Conk for a DD. +1 Adamant Outrage 2HKO's Heatran while Abomasnow is OHKO'd (I think) by ESpeed with 2 SR (i.e weather war). Not sure how you play so I can't really suggest anything.
It's me who "lol'd". DDDnite can only setup on Heatran who has Roar (and DPulse in my version). Conkeldurr also beat it 1v1 if he "comes in on Conk for a DD". Useless comment and an annoying "lol'd" overall.

Edit : BKC your idea is pretty good and would fix the team's problem but I personally wont use it since I hate stall. Delko woulc problably try this. Thanks for the rate anyway :)

About opposing Conkeldurr and Reuniclus, I PMed Delko about a change : give enough speed to Reuniclus to outspeed Conkeldurr and a LO. It could 2HKO Conkeldurr after a BU (I doubt it can do this without the Orb) and beat other Reuniclus in CM war.

And @SP : Delko uses Toxik Spikes. I use Toxik in mine ! Rain teams are far from being problematic, with Hail + 3 resists and Bulky sweepers taking Hydro Pumps like its nothing.

REEdit :
Conkeldurr can bit somewhat of a threat to but again, there is Toxic Spikes which puts a timer on it. I know this gives it a Guts boosts but I rather see it die in a couple of turns then to have a slighty lower attack stat. Funny you mention it BKC, as we actually had Mew in Reuniclus' place in an earlier version. Reuniclus eventually took it's place mainly because of Magic Guard (it could switch into status moves etc which makes it way easier to handle stall teams). Oh and Mynism counterteamed with HP Ground Moltres that loves to crit ;)
Conkeldurr switch in when thers only 1 layer up and 6-0 the team. (Useless comment since I just gave an idea to solve this, but I cant help contradict him)

252Atk +1 Dragonite (+Atk) Outrage vs 196HP/0Def +1 Conkeldurr (Neutral): 57% - 67% (229 - 271 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk +1 Dragonite (+Atk) Outrage vs 196HP/0Def +2 Conkeldurr (Neutral): 43% - 51% (172 - 204 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 3% chance to 2HKO.
120Atk +1 Guts Conkeldurr (+Atk) doubled Payback vs 4HP/0Def Multiscale Dragonite (Neutral): 27% - 32% (90 - 106 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.

120Atk +1 Guts Conkeldurr (+Atk) doubled Payback vs 4HP/0Def Dragonite (Neutral): 55% - 65% (181 - 213 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
DNite comes in on Bulk Up > DDs once while you either Payback or BU again > DNite 2HKO's with Outrage.

Or you can switch to Heatran and get 2HKO'd while you have 1 Roar as it comes in later in the game.

The majority of teams with DNite have Rapid Spin support. Starmie/Tentacruel can come in on Heatran or Conk and get a spin off for DNite.

Get madder plz. The lol'd was for the irony of a hail team with DNite as an issue.

Start of turn 2
D4RR3N called Deoxys-S back!
D4RR3N sent out Dragonite!

A$AP Rocky used Bulk Up!
A$AP Rocky's Attack rose!
A$AP Rocky's Defense rose!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Dragonite is buffeted by the hail!
A$AP Rocky is buffeted by the hail!
A$AP Rocky restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
D4RR3N: k
D4RR3N: now what
Mynism: dd

Start of turn 3
The foe's Dragonite used Dragon Dance!
The foe's Dragonite's Attack rose!
The foe's Dragonite's Speed rose!

A$AP Rocky used Bulk Up!
A$AP Rocky's Attack rose!
A$AP Rocky's Defense rose!

Hail continues to fall!
Mynism: outrage
D4RR3N: ok?

Start of turn 4
The foe's Dragonite used Outrage!
A$AP Rocky lost 181 HP! (45% of its health)

A$AP Rocky used Drain Punch!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Dragonite lost 42% of its health!
The foe's Dragonite had its energy drained!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 5
The foe's Dragonite used Outrage!
A$AP Rocky lost 174 HP! (43% of its health)

A$AP Rocky used Drain Punch!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Dragonite lost 39% of its health!
The foe's Dragonite fainted!
The foe's Dragonite had its energy drained!

Take it easy but ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)