VGC '12 Western Canada Regional - Surrey, BC - Won by R Inanimate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Central City Shopping Centre [ Map ]
10153 King George Boulevard
Surrey, BC V3T 2W1​

10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
You can pre-register for the event now! Find out how to get your Player ID.

Canada will be receiving its first set of officially sanctioned Pokemon video game tournaments this spring! The swiss format tournament will take place on Sunday April 15th, one day after the TCG tournament in the same venue. The top four receive subsidized trips to the Nationals tournament in Toronto with the top two also receiving two round byes.

Format
The tournament will be in the swiss format likely with no top cut. Players will be paired up against each other and every round they will play someone else with a similar record to them. After a set amount of rounds, the players with the best scores (with tie-breakers determined by the win percentage of their opponents) will receive their prizes. This means everyone will get to play every round and nobody is eliminated in the tournament!

Public Transportation
Fare will be $2.50 for adults and $1.75 for children on weekends and after 6:30PM on weekdays. Otherwise it's $5 for adults. Keep your transfer ticket. You are allowed unlimited transfers within 1.5 hours of purchase.

From Vancouver International Airport [ Map ]

1. Walk to YVR-Airport Station and take "Canada Line to Waterfront" skytrain
  2. Get off at Waterfront Station and transfer to "Expo Line to King George Station" skytrain
  3. Get off at Surrey Central Station and walk across the parking lot into the mall. Tournament will be between in the empty retail space between Target Apparel and The Shoe Company.
From Pacific Central (Greyhound, Amtrak) [ Map ]

1. Walk to Main Street-Science World Station and take the Eastbound "Expo Line to King George Station" skytrain
  2. Get off at Surrey Central Station and walk across the parking lot into the mall. Tournament will be between in the empty retail space between Target Apparel and The Shoe Company.
If you are staying downtown Vancouver or visiting in the evening and need to get back to the Central City area, you do the same thing but from Stadium-Chinatown, Granville, Burrard, or Waterfront Station. Whatever is closest.

From Tswassen Ferry Terminal [ Map ]

1. Take the "620 Bridgeport Station via Ladner Exchange" bus
  2. Get off at Ladner Exchange and transfer to the "640 Scott Road Station" bus at Bay 3
  3. Get off at Scott Road Station and transfer to the Eastbound "Expo Line to King George Station" skytrain. You want to go further into Surrey, not towards Vancouver.
  4. Get off at Surrey Central Station and walk across the parking lot into the mall. Tournament will be between in the empty retail space between Target Apparel and The Shoe Company.
Road to Regionals
So even though the Regional is three months away, there's no reason to wait that long to get some face-to-face VGC action going. Both FearZeCrawdaunt and I have events planned in the month leading up to April 15th.

Neither will count for Championship Points or qualifications or anything, but they should be good practice and a fun time. Do try and post in the thread / Facebook if you're coming!

Attending
Masters

1. Firestorm
  2. caffwin
  3. Feathers (+1)
  4. Eraddd
  5. Team Rocket Elite
  6. R Inanimate
  7. Jegretis
  8. Articuno64
  9. J-Leo-L
  10. skarm
  11. LastOfTheWailords
  12. Shadow_Blues
  13. FearZeCrawdaunt
  14. mightyjabba
  15. Wolt
  16. lilbeth
  17. Chinese Dood (+1)
Seniors

Paul, by adding yourself to the list you are now obligated to come.
Good luck. I just applied for graduation from SFU today ;D
man i still have like three more years of school. three more years at the hipster academy for hipsters. also if anyone wants to give me a ride to this i wouldn't object, it takes me like over an hour to get all the way to SFU.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i am going to try my best to make this, the only thing Guaranteed so far for me this year is worlds[booking plane tickets soon :D:D:D] but i really want to/am going to try and go to this because

- i want to meet Feathers. I've heard good things about her and going off what i've seen in the smogon photo album, she looks like a cute nerdy girl. I do love the cute nerdy girl types, they rock

- i also want to see user Eraddd again, i've only had the pleasure of meeting this cute asian boy once and all i can say is 1 DAY WAS NOT ENOUGH.
PS: i heard you were sick, hope its passed and you are feeling much better now :).
PPS: please convince Ala to come, thats the other cute boy i want to meet again, its been long enough mang :(

- Caffwin, i was very disappointed that we couldn't accidentally bump into each other on the plane after worlds, like we did for nationals. i knew we would both be heading to Seattle after worlds and was looking forward to this but then i had to not go to worlds :(. make up for this in April? B)

- Ah Articuno64, my Pale, whitest friend. what can i say? honestly, meeting Jason WaNinja Cullen again is reason enough for me to come up there. Its not easy being both a Vampire and a member of the Wa-Ninja ninja clan, it requires for you not to appear with the rest of the Cullens on the big screen but i'm not complaining because twilight is meh and this gives you time to attend the VGC events. win/win situation in my eyes, at least for me that is.
Is it true that you sparkle in sunlight? guess thats a silver lining to being so pale, tall and handsome, to being a Cullen. i'm now torn between seeing you sparkle or seeing you in Wa-ninja form :(

- as if all the above didnt give me enough reason to try my utmost best to make this regional, Firestorm has to come into the picture. damn brown people, especially brown people i like, like firestorm. are we going to be the only dark skinned people there? OH WAIT, its Vancouver lol

- I'm not even going to try and get my hopes up when it comes to Makiri. took me like 2 years just to finally meet him and i know deep down, in my broken heart, that Nationals will probably be my best bet for meeting him again, not even worlds but nationals.
Which sucks because nationals is not even a sure thing for me this year :(

Jerk

<3

</3

<3

- TRE, its funny because i've met you[or at least seen you] more than half[almost all actually] the people but our interactions have been very limited compared to everyone else. if i make it up there we have to make sure we chat for a combined total of 24 minutes minimum during this event/vgc weekend. Your brother too but that will bring the total minimum time required to 38 minutes

- SKARM! i cannot wait to hopefully meet your son. I'm picturing it now, such a strapping young future gryffindor. its too bad he'll be too young for me to teach him soccer, the greatest muggle sport, or to tell him that his dad is a closet dark arts fan, the darkest of the arts.
also do not worry skarm, to all muggles this messages reads: skarm, its always a party when you're around. i love that you make me laugh and i'm simply ecstatic that you'll be attending this regional, i must now attend as well

- and finally, prehaps the biggest motivator to me making the trip up there for this event. GEC :D, i mean, CRAAAAAAAAB :D. i cannot wait to meet you and hang out and get food together and talk about random stuff and "takes deep breath" do stuff like have 4 way battles with newbs like makiri and Jason Cullen. psshhhh, i can already picture the ownage we shall deliver to them. hahahahahahaahah, CANT WAIT

OK! well that was my 700th post, YYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAYYYYYYY . I cant think of anywhere else i'd have it be than right here in the vgc forums.
if i didnt mention you its either because you weren't on the list of people attending, i forgot you [please dont kill me] or that you were on the list of attendees but i unfortunately do not know you. Hopefully though i attend and you attend this regional as well so we can change that :)

EDIT: wait, CRAAAAAAAAB isnt coming to this regional?..........................
Excuse me whiles i go cry like a big man baby

Ninahaza

I don't think it's possible for me to forget you firestorm, for you see you are one of the people that come to mind when I think of Vancouver, NAY, of Cananda itself

- i want to meet Feathers. I've heard good things about her and going off what i've seen in the smogon photo album, she looks like a cute nerdy girl. I do love the cute nerdy girl types, they rock
awwww this is delightful. do come up to canada por favor.

of course you'll have to suffer through caffwin and i talking about pokemon merchandise, everyone else is well practiced in the art of "what are they talking about"

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Its okay, nothing could be worse than caffwin dragging us to the scummiest post office we could find in Seattle to mail said pokemon merchandise cheaper, and leave us outside with vagrants. Of course this is how Ninahaza got kissed by some old toothless black woman cause he's weak and gave in. Perhaps it was for the best after all?

Ninahaza

Oh Skarm, funny Skarm

Also I'm just grateful that I missed that "fragrant" woman when I came out of the Wellsfargo bank, can you imagine the disaster that could have been?

- SKARM! i cannot wait to hopefully meet your son. I'm picturing it now, such a strapping young future gryffindor. its too bad he'll be too young for me to teach him soccer, the greatest muggle sport, or to tell him that his dad is a closet dark arts fan, the darkest of the arts.
also do not worry skarm, to all muggles this messages reads: skarm, its always a party when you're around. i love that you make me laugh and i'm simply ecstatic that you'll be attending this regional, i must now attend as well
YUSH I KNEW I WAS A WIZARD!

gec

pharos
JESUS ITS OK WE SORTED IT

[14:39:15] <skarm> gec rumours are you're coming to the BC regional
[14:39:18] <skarm> I suggest you don't disappoint
[14:39:22] <skarm> even though this is OBVIOUS TROLLING
[14:39:31] <gec> pay for my travel
[14:39:33] <gec> :o
[14:41:11] <skarm> I suggest you get on a steamship bound from southampton to halifax or montreal like emigrants of the old
[14:42:52] <gec> i have a better idea
[14:43:04] <gec> rather than going through the fuss of conception etc
[14:43:08] <gec> you adopt me as your son
[14:43:13] <gec> you fly me out to live with you
[14:43:17] <gec> and we go together
[14:44:52] <skarm> Wow why didn't I think of that plan
[14:45:42] <skarm> I am pretty sure however you don't want to leave the bustling metropolis of London to settle in Saskatoon

Ninahaza

i knew it, i just knew it
you would never let me down or put me through such pain, this is why i <3 you

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Road to Regionals
So even though the Regional is three months away, there's no reason to wait that long to get some face-to-face VGC action going. Both FearZeCrawduant and I have events planned in the month leading up to April 15th.

Neither will count for Championship Points or qualifications or anything, but they should be good practice and a fun time. Do try and post in the thread / Facebook if you're coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)