The Rise Of The Ashes

truedrew

Banned deucer.
Introduction:One day when i was sitting and battling i decided to make a team focusing on a late game mixed gross sweep.

Team B
uilding Process:

i decided to use metagross as my primary sweeper since he has a lot of bulk and good offensive stats.

i decided to add heatran and celebi as they helped cover metagrosses weaknesses and formed the infamous cele-tran defensive core.

ferro thorn and latias were added for further protection against weather teams. Gengar serves as my spin blocker and reveenge killer.

In-depth look

Name:heatran Ability:flash fire
Evs:244hp 40 def 36 sp.att 188 sp def
item:leftovers nature:calm
-flame thrower
-earth power
-will-o-wisp
-stealth rock
heatran is a very verastile pokemon. it serves as my primary check to sun along with latias.I use flame thrower over lava plume as the extra power is needed and i have will o wisp for burns.earth power is used for general coverage and to hit opposing hetaran.if my opponent switches in their dragonite thinking they can DD up for free i will o wisp them so their dragonite is crippled . The evs may seem odd but some times when i need to check haxorus or something like that the defense buff really helps.I choose heatran as it is very hard to take down and is generally awesome.

Name:Celebi Ability:natural cure
Evs:252 sp att 220 hp 36 spd
item:life orb Nature:modest
-nasty plot
-giga drain
-hidden Power[fire]
-Psychic
Celebi is my second defensive Poke and it also forms cele-tran combo which covers a lot of threats in the current meta game. I opt to use Hp fire and Psychic as they provide good neutral coverage. Since i have giga drain i don't use recover. Celebi helps check volt- turn and rain teams alike. The evs are from the standard nasty plot sweeper set.Celebi also helps cover metagrosses ground weakness and helps with conkelldurp. Celebi has always been a favorite since its release and is one of the primary pokes of this team. 4nfortunately it didn't receive Psyshock this gen :(

Name:Latias Ability:levitate
Evs:248 hp 252 spd 8 def
Item:leftovers Nature:Timid
-Substitute
-Dragon Pulse
-Calm Mind
-Roost
The main reason this team is able to hold its own against opposing weather.Latias checks a myriad of threats in todays meta game. the set is you're standard Sub CM set with 8 evs in defense to take resisted hits better. latias along with heatran,celebi and ferrothorn form a wonderful defensive core which can take most of the threats in today's metagame.For people who think roost cancels out levitate it doesn't . latias has always been over shadowed by by latios because of its STAB draco meteor . I think latias is underrated and can rip apart teams lacking steels,phazers or the pink blobs.if i notice a latias weakness i play it care fully so i can have a late game sweep.

Name: Ferrothorn Ability:Iron Barbs
Evs:252 Hp 88 def 168 sp.def
Item:leftovers Nature:relaxed
-Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip
-Thunder Wave
The one poke that changed the entire metagame. This mon is also the bane of all rain teams.I use the standard set for maximum efficiency.Spikes help wearing down opposing teams and are easy to set up because of thorns resistances. Thunder wave is used to spread paralysis and helps meta gross out speed mons when sweeping late games. I use power whip because thorns main job is to counter rain and it is general STAB. Ferrothorn makes the final mon in my defensive core and it helps against dragons and serves as my primary check to landorus and rotom-W. ferrothorn is one of the best pokemon introduced in Gen 5 and can virtually fit into any team.

Offensive Approach

Name:Metagross Ability:Clear Body
Evs:172 hp 120 att 216 sp. att
Item:Expert Belt Nature:Quiet
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Hidden Power[Fire]
-Psychic
My primary sweeper. Mixed gross is completely viable in today's meta game.I opt a quiet nature as it allows me to go after skarmory when it uses roost and smash it with earthquake. the Evs may seem odd but i gives me a lot of bulk while still retaining an offensive presence. Psychic allows me to destroy fighting types and HP[Fire] roasts steel types and gives good coverage.Meteor Mash for a really strong STAB attack. Earthquake allows me to check most fire types outside the sun and helps against opposing Jirachi since they can easily shrug off HP[Fire]. I use expert belt because life orb recoil is deterring. Metagross is a really underrated threat and this team takes its strong points and makes them shine. Mixed gross is a surprise and nets quite a few kills for me.

Name:Gengar Ability: Levitate
Evs: 252 spd 252 sp.att 4 def
Item:choice scarf nature:timid
-trick
-shadow ball
-focus blast
-Hidden Power[Ice]
Gengar is what you could call the 'glue' of my team. it checks so many threats with a scarf its not even funny. I use scarf as it allows me to out speed a myriad of threats such as starmie, +1 DD nite and so on. trick is there so that once gengar checks the specific threat it can use trick and possibly cripple some thing. shadow ball and focusblast are there for perfect neutral coverage once i trick my scarf. HP[Ice] is used to revenge dragons and helps against landorus and gliscor, it also broadens the coverage horizon. Gengar is my spin blocker and is an excellent one at such.

Well that's my team. I hope you in joyed it. Constructive criticism is appreciated and pls rate my team

Hi there, nice team but what I actually see is that you are not ''abusing'' some Pokemons to the full extent.
i would suggest you to ''swap'' Gengar and ''Latias'' role.
Gengar as a subsplitter it's very useful to punch through walls, and help Metagross by ''softing up'' the enemy tea, on the other side ScarfLatios can help you exactly like Gengar, however STAB Draco Meteor hurts alot more than hp ice against the dragon and the likes, allowing you to revengekill them more easily, latios still have Trick at its disposal like Gengar, but the main focus is the powerful Stab Draco Meteor who help him Revengekilling easily.
Sets:
Gengar (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Good luck!

Hello, Dragons. Pretty cool team you’ve got here, but I am concerned that it lacks a way of handling Volcarona. The fiery moth can set-up against a large portion of your Pokémon and proceed to rip through the rest of them using its fine selection of moves. To remedy this problem why not use Jellicent in place of Gengar? It will make a fine addition to your team it still possesses the ability to block Rapid Spin and can stop Volcarona cold thanks to its unique Water/Ghost-typing, Taunt and Scald. Another benefit it brings to the table is that it can slowly deconstruct stall teams by preventing their recovery and ability to status you with Taunt while damaging them with Will-O-Wisp, its one attack, and entry hazards.

You’re also going to have some trouble facing physical Dragon-types such as Haxorus. Once they set-up a Dragon Dance then your team is going to have one hell of a time trying to stop them and their barrage of insanely powerful attacks. My suggestion here is to use Skarmory over Ferrothorn. The metal bird can successfully wall the aforementioned threats while allowing you to maintain the ability to provide entry hazard support for your team. Obviously, this change will also give your team a better way of keeping Fighting-types under control. This means that you can potentially use a different moveset on Celebi without having to worry about Fighting-types running straight through your team. The ideal moveset would consist of Giga Drain, Earth Power, Hidden Power [Ice], and Nasty Plot. This is a great because you’ll be able to penetrate Heatran’s defenses which makes pulling off a Latias or Metagross sweep much easier. However, if you choose to go in this direction then you need to run Hidden Power [Fire] on Latias so that you can still break apart the common Rotom-W/Scizor core. Finally, one final nit-pick of mine is to run an EV spread of 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd on Heatran if you're going to run a defensive variant. Good team, good luck, and I hope my suggestions help.

Jellicent @ Leftovers l Water Absorb
Bold l 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
- Scald l Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt l Recover -

Skarmory @ Shed Shell l Sturdy
Impish l 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
- Brave Bird l Roost -
- Spikes l Whirlwind -

- Jellicent > Gengar
- Skarmory > Ferrothorn
- Change EV Spread on Heatran

Optional:

- New Moveset on Celebi
- HP [Fire] on Latias

ZoroDark

esse quam videri
is a Tiering Contributor
I agree with replacing Gengar for Jellicent, because Gengar is (in my experience) killed too much with Pursuit to call him a good spinblocker or revengekiller. The opponent predicts you and boom, your Gengar is gone.
I would also replace Substitute with HP Fire on your Latios.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)