move 1: Draco Meteor
move 2: Fire Blast
move 3: Thunder
move 4: Stealth Rock / Aura Sphere
item: Life Orb
nature: Modest
evs: 216 HP / 252 SpA / 36 Spe

Why it deserves to be on site:
  • Uses it's great typing, great defenses, and massive special attack to not only attack, but to support its team
  • No set even close to this one on site
  • One of the more popular sets of Dialga
  • No other Pokemon can pull off a set like this
Set Comments:

• Draco Meteor and Life Orb deals alot to just about everything that doesn't resist, 2HKOing even bulky Pokemon such as Groundon and Giratina-O
  • Lures in stuff like Groudon that get 2HKOed by Draco Meteor
  • Fire Blast has a chance to OHKO Ferrothorn in the rain!!!!!!!
  • Thunder also helps as it gives Dialga an attack while facing Lugia and Ho-Oh
  • Stealth Rock also works, as it supports Dialga's team, especially more offensive teams. And thanks to Diagla's typing and massive power, it'll have plenty of oppertunities to set them up
  • Aura Sphere can be used to deal with other Dialga and Heatran
  • 98.27% - 115.84% is the damage Dialga does to standard 252 HP 4 SpD Groudon with a Draco Meteor.
  • Dialga OHKOes 252 / 252 + natured Gira-a with a Draco Meteor (91.85% - 108.55%) 100% of the time after rocks.
Additional Comments:

• EVs make it outspeed 32 Groundon, Ho-Oh and Dialga, which is very useful
  • Enjoys Rain Support for an accurate Thunder, Kyorge also helps to beat Ground-types such as Groundon, as well as coming in on Fire-types such as Ho-Oh and Reshiram.
  • Likes to be on teams that are offensive, as it keep the offensive tempo while supporting it's team.
  • Roar and Dragon Tail can work, but if you want to use that, just stick with the Defensive set
  • Earthquake can be used to OHKO Heatran as well
  • Terrakion also works well with Dialga, as it can KO Ho-Oh, Reshiram, ExtreemeKilller Arceus, and Heatran

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Although I've used this set to great success, I feel it doesn't deserve a mention on site.

It just looks way too familiar to Support Dialga's set, and adding this on site is like giving Earth Plate Groudon a whole new set since it automatically beats all Dialga. This does not mean its a bad set, its just way too familiar. If your looking for a lure to kill Groudon why not use Bulk Up Mix who not only ruins Groudon, but can continue hurting things later with its enormous Attack stat?

On the other hand if this does get accepted I'd like to add a few rather important calcs.

98.27% - 115.84% is the damage Dialga does to standard 252 HP 4 SpD Groudon with a Draco Meteor.

and Dialga OHKOes 252 / 252 + natured Gira-a with a Draco Meteor (91.85% - 108.55%) 100% of the time after rocks. I think we can assume that Gira-a suffers a worse fate so... change the 2HKOes to OHKOes there.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
yea, i've used this set to great sucess, and this is my first time i'm putting a set through QC, i'll add those calcs

• EVs make it outspeed 32 Groundon, Ho-Oh and Dialga, which is very useful
Just want to point out this is speed creep, you should probably just put 4 Spd ev in the analysis and maybe mention that it is important to have enough speed to outrun other 90 Spd Uber

No set even close to this one on site
Really? I think this set is the same as the Mixed set on site. You only use Stealth Rock over Outrage and that is the only difference, they play similarly as well. Also 40 Speed EV is considered Speed Creep.

Also, I don't know why you are slashing in Dragon Pulse. Without it you will no longer OHKO Groudon. Not approving this because it is way to similar to Mixed Dialga. They work the same and achieve the same things. In fact QC had already rejected a set like this earlier.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, this set is pretty much a mixture of mixed and support sets and it's probably not worth a separate set. We could probably just slash Life Orb onto the support set, and then add an AC mention of an offensive spread. Probably quite a bit of slash-itis, I guess, but probably the easiest thing to do.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eh, I'm of the opinion that this deserves a separate set; Dialga's current support set is way too cluttered as is.

Also Life Orb plays a bit differently in that it attacks first most of the time, rather than set up SR.

Fix the slashes though - don't slash Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor is and will be the only dragon move you use.

Fire Blast doesn't need a flamethrower slash either, you really need the power (you can do things like OHKO scizor at -4), and deal 85% + (off the top of my head) to Ferrothorn in rain.

Slash Aura Sphere next to stealth rock though (if you have stealth rock on ferro / steelceus or something), lets you beat Heatran and mirror match Dialgas without having to go to -2, or even -4 (this is only against support dialga, you'll not do too hot if you use aura sphere against opposing life orb dialga / specs dialga).

40 Speed EVs are indeed speed creep, I'd keep it at 36 for 32 Speed Ho-Oh, whom you can smash with thunder in the rain.

Mention Earthquake in AC because it can OHKO heatran.

1) It plays too similarly to the Mixed set and the Mixed set can use Stealth Rock to great success.

2) Life Orb is the same as the Mixed set. Dialga already has many sets on-site, this one is just Other options / AC material.

3) 36 Speed EVs is also considered Speed Creep. 32 Speed Ho-Oh no longer exists in the analysis on-site, it is now 8 Speed EVs.

Earthquake is useless because Earth Power does the same thing but uses Dialga's much higher Special Attack stat.

QC REJECTED 1/3

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi ! This is a mix of the Support and Mixed sets onsite like Shrang said and is probably not worth a separate sets apart from the ones already onsite. However, I would really like to see Dialga get a revamp specifically the mixed set. For example, 252 SpA / 252 Atk seems kinda stupid to me. The main draw of using Dialga is its bulk and abusing its resistances. So, yeah though this set doesnt deserve a mention on site separately, the Mixed Dialga set does need a revamp in my opinion.

This is a bit out from the analysis but the Attack EVs are for 2HKOing Chansey, defensive Kyogre and dealing massive damage to Ho-Oh. Without it, Dialga loses, especially after using Draco Meteor. One-on-one Dialga defeats Kyogre but Outrage gives you a way to 2HKO it reliably as long as Scald doesn't burn.

Alternate spreads are already mentioned in the set on site but I am fine with 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe. Max Attack EVs are really useful for Dialga using Trick Room so you still have a powerful move to spam even at -2 SpA.

This analysis still isn't worth a separate set. If everyone agrees, then the Mixed Dialga set can be revamped but Mixed Dialga is rarely seen nowadays anyway with Support Dialga running wild.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, this doesn't warrant its own set IMO. Either a mention of an offensive spread in AC of the support set or Stealth Rock in the mixed set is enough.

QC REJECTED 2/3

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, I see that this set isn't passing QC, if QC wants, i can make this a revamp of the Mixed Set On-Site, and make give this a AC mention. This is up to QC though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)