Rickheg faces a typon in tasty Unown Soup! (1v1 MrL Ref)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open Challenge

1v1 NFE Training Singles
1 Day DQ
One Ability
Training Items
Arena: Unown Soup!!!!!!!!!
Also taking this challenge;

1 Sub per round.
Ref please!
Cheezy Entrance I'll edit once i get all 4 matches reff'd (all decided to be ready at once)​

To the Left, typon77 with his team:

Gabite(*) [Junior] (M)
Nature: Adamant (Attack increased by *; Special Attack reduced by *)
Type: Dragon/Ground
Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Thrash without losing focus.
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:
Sand Veil: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Rough Skin (DW): (Innate) When struck with a contact attack, this Pokemon’s abrasive skin causes pain to the opponent, dealing 25% of the damage received to the opponent.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 82

Size Class: Class 3
Weight Class: Class 4
Base Rank Total: 16

EC: 5/9
MC: 1
DC: 3/5

Attacks:
Tackle(*)
Sand-Attack(*)
Dragon Rage(*)
Sandstorm(*)
Take Down(*)
Sand Tomb(*)
Slash(*)
Dual Chop
Dragon Claw

Outrage(*)
Body Slam(*)
Scary Face(*)

Dig(*)
Rock Slide(*)
Protect(*)
Earthquake

Total Moves: 16

Magneton(*) [Resistor] (Gender)
Nature: Modest (Special Attack increased by 1 Rank; Attack decreased by 1 Rank.)
Type: Electric/Steel
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

Abilities:
Magnet Pull: (Can be Activated) This Pokemon has the ability to generate a magnetic field that can attract or repulse Steel-type Pokemon. When attracted by Magnet Pull, Steel-types cannot move out of the immediate proximity without great difficulty, and can be pulled along by the Magnet Pull Pokemon. When repulsed, the Steel type is thrust violently away and contact attacks have immense difficulty striking the Magnet Pull Pokemon. The effect of both commands lasts for the following three (3) actions.
Sturdy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing damage from an opponents attacks by one (1) damage. The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) damage.
Analyze (DW): (Can be Enabled) If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attack has +5% (flat) more accuracy do two (2) more damage. However, the opponents attacks have +10% (flat) accuracy.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 6 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 70

Size Class: Class 2
Weight Class: Class 3
Base Rank Total: 18

EC: 4/9
MC: 0
DC: 3/5

Attacks:

Metal Sound(*)
Tackle(*)
ThunderShock(*)
Supersonic(*)
SonicBoom(*)
Thunder Wave(*)
Spark(*)
Discharge
Zap Cannon
Lock-On
Tri Attack

Magic Coat(*)
Thunderbolt(*)
Magnet Rise(*)

Flash Cannon(*)
Reflect(*)
Protect(*)
Substitute

Total Moves: 19

Colloshale [Crush] (M)
Nature: Adamant (+1 Attack, -1 SpAtk)

Type: Dark/Water
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Rebound: (Innate) When this Pokemon is released into battle, it senses the hazards the opponent has laid on the field and thrusts them to the other side of the arena where they will affect the opponent's Pokemon. The Pokemon does not suffer the effects of these hazards when it switches in.
Storm Drain: (Innate) This Pokemon lures all water attacks to itself, altering their course away from partner Pokemon. It absorbs the water and increases its Special Attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Flare Boost (DW): [LOCKED] (Innate) This Pokemon's Body can harness the heat from a burn into internal energy, fueling its mental capabilities. When Burned, the Pokemon's special attacks do two (2) more damage.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 85

Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 9
Base Rank Total: 16

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5

Attacks:

Leer
Tackle
Mud Shot
Bubblebeam
Rapid Spin
Mud Bomb
Pursuit

Fake Out
Sucker Punch
Water Spout

Earthquake
U-Turn
Taunt

Total Moves: 13

And to my right, rickheg with his team:

Kirlia (Mystic) F
Nature: Modest (Adds 1 to Special Attack; Subtracts 1 from Attack)

Type: Psychic
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Synchronize: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.

Trace: (Can Be Activated) This Pokemon can copy an ability of the opponent and replace Trace for six (6) actions. Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.

Telepathy: (DW Locked) (Innate) This Pokemon has a mental link with its allies in multiple allies, allowing it to avoid taking damage from attacks that affect the whole field like Earthquake and Surf.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1(-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4(+)
Spe: 50
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 5/9
MC: 4
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Growl
Confusion
Teleport
Lucky Chant
Magical Leaf
Heal Pulse
Calm Mind

Confuse Ray
Encore
Will-O-Wisp

Psychic
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ground (7)

Total Moves: 13

Monohm (Dust) F
Nature: Modest (Adds 1 to Special Attack; Subtracts 1 from Attack)

Type: Electric/Dragon
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Abilities:
Shield Dust: (Innate) This pokemon has dust covering the outside of its body that prevents opponents secondary effects from taking place (eg burn from Flamethrower). It does not block direct status moves (such as Thunder Wave.)
Static: (Innate) This pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this pokemon.
Overcoat (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has a sturdy exterior that rebuffs the elements, making it immune to damage inflicted by bad weather. If the Pokemon is already immune to at least one (1) kind of weather by typing or a different ability, Overcoat reduces the Base Attack Power of all oncoming attacks by one (1).

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1(-)
SpA: Rank 4(+)
Spe: 60
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 1/9
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Tackle
Growl
Twister
Dragon Rage
Charge
Thundershock
Rain Dance
Sonicboom
Slack Off
Dragon Pulse
Hurricane
Weather Ball

Hydro Pump
Magnet Rise
Mud Slap

Signal Beam

Endure
Shock Wave
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Double Team
Torment
Surf

Total Moves: 23

Here's the order for this match:

Typon77 sends out pokemon/ability and item if applicable
Rickheg sends out pokemon/item/ability and issues orders
Typon77 issues orders
I ref
Typon77 issues orders
Rickheg issues orders
I ref

TYPON77, BE READY....GET SET...

Gong Yi Tempai!

Gotta go with Gabite using the Sand Veil ability and holding an Amulet Coin.

Yay I outspeed both. Dig can pwn..

I'll send in Dust the Monohm. Dragon fight!!!!!!
She'll use her Static ability, and hold my Amulet Coin.

Okay, Dust, this will be incredibly difficult. I'm fairly certain he can outmuscle you.

Double Team (4 clones) > Unown R (Roar of Time) > Dragon Pulse
IF he uses a damaging ground move, insert Magnet Rise into the queue and push actions down the first time, insert chill if second time, ignore third time.

Your sub is illegal. You can't just say any ground move. You have to use a specific move. I'll post my actions after you change that

Okay, so this was reviewed on IRC and approved by Deck Knight and all other ASB officials, so this is a thing that will be implemented.

SUBSTITUTION REVAMP

Damaging Evasive Moves: Dig, Fly, Dive, Bounce, Shadow Force

There is also an additional class that is implemented in this update- 17 to be precise. Specifically, "Damaging. One can specify, for example, "Damaging Fire-type Moves", and it would apply to all moves of the type Fire with a Base Attack Power stat. This would apply exclusively to damaging attacks, and must be applied entirely or not at all. For example: "Damaging Water-type Moves" is legal, but "All Damaging Water-type Moves except Surf" is not. You may only sub against one move or all moves of a class.

This is now considered implemented for any battles beginning after the time of this post. It does not affect battles currently in progress unless both/all battlers agree to adopt it.
From the SotG thread, I deleted the non-relevant bits. This was made December 22, I'd say it's legal to do now. My emphasis in bold.

Oh I'm sorry about that. Hadn't seen that. My bad

Dragon Claw -> Rock Slide (Unown R) -> Dragon Claw

I know my Gabite knows Rock Slide, but I wanna take the letter so he cant use it for Roar of Time...

Junior @ Amulet Coin
Ene: 100
Other: N/a​

Dust @ Amulet Coin
Ene: 100

Flavor will go here, where important events are bolded.

Junior @ Amulet Coin
HP: 77
Ene: 84

Dust @ Amulet Coin
HP: 45
Ene: 78

Unowns Used: R

Dragon Claw (Gabite -> Monohm)
RNG to crit [<=625]: 3781 (No)
Damage: 19 Damage ; -5 energy
RNG for Static [<=3000]: 7249 (No)

Double Team (4) (Monohm)
Monohm made 4 clones of itself! ; -16 energy

Rock Slide (Gabite -> Monohm) (U)
RNG to hit [<=9000]: 5018 (Yes)
RNG to crit [<=625]: 8614 (NO)
RNG for effect [<=3000]: 1744 (Yes)
Damage: 10 Damage ; Monohm's clones were destroyed ; -6 energy

Roar of Time (Monohm -> Gabite) (U)
Monohm flinched!

RNG to crit [<=625]: 5274 (No)
Damage: 19 Damage ; -5 energy
RNG for Static [<=3000]: 6229 (No)

Dragon Pulse (Monohm -> Gabite)
RNG to crit [<=625]: 7874 (No)
Damage: 23 Damage ; -6 energy

Torment (Unown T) -> Dragon Claw -> Dual Chop

If the Torment would fail to hit Monohm, change actions to Dragon Claw -> Dual Chop -> Dragon Claw

WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE PROTECT, DUST?!?!?!!! At least you have your own Torment.

Unown P (Protect) > Torment > Dragon Pulse

Junior @ Amulet Coin
HP: 77
Ene: 84

Dust @ Amulet Coin
HP: 45
Ene: 78

The round gets heated very quickly as actions are exclaimed straight from the beginning! Dust, remembering childhood memories of being Tormented, instinctivly grabs a P Unown, and forms a Protect around herself. Junior, remembering what his trainer said if Torment were to fail, changes his action from pestering Dust for using the same tactic over and over... to just flat out destroying with Dragon Claw, which would have dealt massive damage had it not been protected against. Dust chuckles at the failed attempt...and then promptly sneezes from the dust gathering around her.

Junior, enraged at his failure of harming the petit storm cloud, unleashes not a single, but a Dual Chop attack, which does indeed damage Dust sufficiently. Rage building, Dust decides to follow suit to what Junior would have done and begins Tormenting him, speaking of how mainstream using the same moves over and over was. Junior falls for it, and Dust again smiles...before entering another sneezing fit.

Junior moves for another ferocious Dragon Claw...but decides to follow hipster Dust's advice and go from his usual flow because that's what EVERYONE does...and his move fails. Dust takes little time to realize the match is somewhat in her favor and unleashes a Pulse of powerfully contained Dragon energy!

Will Dust be able to make the most of this situation she's presented herself, or will Junior find a way to break the mold AND win? Find out...most likely next round, to be honest.

Junior @ Amulet Coin
HP: 54
Ene: 70
Other: Tormented (4A)​

Dust @ Amulet Coin
HP: 26
Ene: 47

Unowns Used: R ; P

Protect (Monohm) (U)
Monohm Protected itself ; -7(+7.5) energy

Monohm protected itself ; -9 energy

Dual Chop (Gabite -> Monohm)
RNG to hit [<=9000]: 512 (Yes)
RNG to crit [<=625]: 2970 (No)
Damage: 18.75 Damage ; -5 Energy
RNG for paralysis [<=3000]: 4228 (No)

Torment (Monohm -> Gabite)
Gabite is tormented ; -10 energy

Gabite's move failed!

Dragon Pulse (Monohm -> Gabite)
RNG to crit [<=625]: 7496 (No)
Damage: 22.5 Damage ; -6 energy

Hooray, I have successfully stalled for more time! Now watch as I do nothing useful with it whatsoever.

Unown S (Spacial Rend) > Slack Off > Dragon Pulse
IF Unown S is unavailable when you would use it, use Mud Slap A1 instead

EDIT: This round cannot be ref'd. Sorry, typhon77, you must reorder. Using a move twice in a combo breaks Torment's rules (SDS told me this in IRC).

Please reorder.

Junior @ Amulet Coin
Ene: 70
Other: Tormented (4A)​

Dust @ Amulet Coin
HP: 26
Ene: 47

The match appears to be reaching for a close. As Dust reaches for an Unown, Junior dives into the ground, Digging a hole to avoid the inevitable Spacial Rend from the powerful tiny cloud. After the spacial distortion ended, Junior strikes with a powerful blow, almost knocking out Dust, but she hangs on ever slightly...

...just to have all hope crushed. Junior takes no break and fires off a powerful Earthquake attack, Knocking Out Monohm.

Junior @ Amulet Coin
Ene: 55
Other: Tormented (2A)​

Dust @ Amulet Coin
HP: KO
Ene: KO

Unowns Used: P ; R ; S

Dig (Gabite -> Monohm)
Gabite dug a hole!

Spacial Rend (Monohm -> Gabite) (U)
Monohm's attack missed! ; -6 energy

Dig (Gabite -> Monohm)
RNG to crit [<=625]: 7954 (No)
Damage: 18.75 Damage ; -9 energy

Earthquake (Gabite -> Monohm)
RNG to crit [<=625]: 8064 (No)
Damage: 21.75 Damage ; -6 energy

Monohm Fainted!

Congratulations typon77 on your success! Better luck next time, Rickheg.

Rewards:

Typon77: 3CC
Junior: 1EC/2MC/1DC/1KOC

Rickheg: 3CC
Dust: 1EC/2MC/1DC

And the lovely ref gets 3UC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)