Smogon Superstars III - Playoffs Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally hosted by tripe, hosted this year by undisputed and ENZ0
Smogon Superstars (Won by Jibaku) | Smogon Superstars II (Won by 6A9 Ace Matador)
Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Playoff Qualifier | Playoffs Round 1

Welcome everyone to the third installment of Smogon Superstars. In this tournament, Smogon's big name players will duke it out to see who is the best.

Rules and Clauses
  • Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Pokemon in the Uber tier are banned.
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause (Brightpowder and Lax Incense are allowed)
  • OHKO Clause
  • Unlike in the regular season, Self-KO Clause is off; a tied game is cause for a rematch with the option to change teams
  • Ingrain Smeargle is banned
  • Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause (Brightpowder and Lax Incense are allowed)
  • OHKO Clause
  • Unlike in the regular season, Self-KO Clause is off; a tied game is cause for a rematch with the option to change teams
  • Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
The below items and abilities are also banned.

Items

All items that increase Evasion (BrightPowder, Lax Incense)

Abilities

Moody
Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team

Specific Rules and Information
  • The Top 16 players will advance to the playoffs, and we will announce the format for that when we get there. Just know that it won't be your vanilla BW / DPP / ADV best of three!
  • In addition, any player that leads or ties for the lead of a pool (limited to a two-way tie) will automatically have a chance to make the playoffs! Even if you seem down and out, one good pool performance can mean you're still in it!
  • Activity decisions will be given out as seen fit. There will be no coin flips in the event of equal activity, the match will not count for anyone win or loss. To avoid gaming this system, Wins is the primary tie breaker (a final record of 11-4 will beat 10-2 based on activity). In the case of the same record, Head to Head will take precedence.
  • No complaining in this tournament. Everyone is a very good, so you don't need to complain. Your rep isn't at stake if Philip7086 managed to hax his way to a win. I will be personally enforcing this rule.
Top 16
  1. xtrashine (15-3)
  2. Ojama (13-5)
  3. Ironbullet93 (13-5)
  4. wilson46 (12-5)
  5. Philip7086 (12-6)
  6. Krack (12-6)
  7. 6A9 Ace Matador (12-6)
  8. Aeroblacktyl (11-6)
  9. M Dragon (11-6)
  10. Iconic (11-7)
  11. Eo Ut Mortus (11-7)
  12. DracoMalfoy (11-7)
  13. Taylor (11-7)
  14. Heist (11-7)
  15. McMeghan (10-8)
  16. Stone Cold (10-8)
Playoffs

For playoffs, undisputed and me decided to mix it up a little. We decided to make two brackets, in which the two bracket winners will face off at the very end. The only catch is that each bracket has its own loser bracket, meaning that even if you lose in your bracket you have a chance of making a comeback like Benelux Wonder McMeghan. The format will be best-of-three, where each player picks one of ADV OU, DPP OU, and BW OU. The last battle, if necessary, will include the neutral tier. The neutral tier is determined by the tier that is left after each player picks a tier they want to eliminate. As you can see we tried to deviate as much as possible from the standard best-of-three we all know, hope you guys enjoy it!

Solar Bracket

Round 2

Aeroblacktyl vs McMeghan
Ironbullet93 vs Eo Ut Mortus

Loser Bracket

Round 1

Krack vs Heist
xtrashine vs Iconic

Lunar Bracket

Round 2

Ojama vs M Dragon
wilson46 vs DracoMalfoy

Loser Bracket

Round 1

Philip7086 vs Taylor
6A9 Ace Matador vs Stone Cold

Deadline: Saturday, March 24th @11:59PM (GMT -5) EST. Please try to get your matches done in this timeframe. No luck and have fun!

Predictions

Solar Bracket

Round 2

Aeroblacktyl vs McMeghan - it should be interesting to watch bw between two very creative team builders. mop's style in adv and dpp is very mystery to me though
Ironbullet93 vs Eo Ut Mortus - eo's team building and intelligence skills impress me

Loser Bracket

Round 1

Krack vs Heist - could go either way. krack is more predictable in what he'll use i think, but he plays it better than anyone so i guess well see what heist's got
xtrashine vs Iconic - unpredictable xtrashine has gotta be looking to show everyone why he was the number one seed after prelims

Lunar Bracket

Round 2

Ojama vs M Dragon - m dragon is probably more reliable, even if predictable, in my opinion. ojama has some cools teams though so i could definitely see this being close
wilson46 vs DracoMalfoy - draco has that bw thorn in his side, but he plays dpp and adv excellently. id say that draco wins his adv match paired with a dpp match in one of the following two games.

Loser Bracket

Round 1

Philip7086 vs Taylor - da boss is out there gonna get the win. cool bw teams, top notch dpp teams, and a strong adv showing from prelims is gonna make phil tough to beat.
6A9 Ace Matador vs Stone Cold - oh man such an interesting matchup. am was probably my top pick to win the tournament because he is so versatile. id say stone uses some cool bw team for a win, am wins adv with a combo of his 6-0 prelim and stone's relative lack of experience with the tier, and then an excellent dpp match with take place. really a coin flip on that last one

Solar Bracket

Round 2

Aeroblacktyl vs McMeghan - mop's the better player in the older gens, and that's what will cost mcmeghan
Ironbullet93 vs Eo Ut Mortus - even if ib93 is better at bw, eo definitely has the other two tiers

Loser Bracket

Round 1

Krack vs Heist - i think both have similar styles, krack pulls it out tho imo
xtrashine vs Iconic - he shouldnt even be in this tournament

Lunar Bracket

Round 2

Ojama vs M Dragon - going with the bw and dpp win
wilson46 vs DracoMalfoy - i think wilson can pull it out in dpp even though dm is a great player across all tiers

Loser Bracket

Round 1

Philip7086 vs Taylor - taylor is surprisingly good at bw, and his adv experience will help win this one
6A9 Ace Matador vs Stone Cold - am doesnt know bw, stone doesnt know adv, and i think stone will counterteam am in dpp

Philip7086 vs. Taylor = Taylor, 2-0

Lost game 1 by one PP. Lost game 2 when I got a miss -> tbolt para in one turn, followed by a full para the next turn. K.

what a little fucking bitch
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I also missed Hydro Pump, which would've let me KO the mon that swept me. So in, what, 8 turns I got:

Hydro Pump miss
Tbolt Para
Fire Blast miss
Another Tbolt Para
Full Para

Reminds me why I love this fucking game so much. I'm not saying Taylor sucks, cause he's obviously a boss, but this game is fucking retarded. I lost how many matches in this tournament alone to hax? Not to mention the assload that I had to still win after getting haxed. Did I win a single match to luck? Closest thing to luck I got was winning a cm war crit vs Lady Bug.

Feels good to rage once in a while. Fuck this game.

No complaining in this tournament. Everyone is a very good, so you don't need to complain. Your rep isn't at stake if Philip7086 managed to hax his way to a win. I will be personally enforcing this rule.

shutup phil :P. sucks though, reminds me of my tournament :X

Tamahome

startling sign
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Won BW and ADV vs wilson46, being BW a good game, and ADV a shitty one where I haxed him to win, sorry. =/

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
MoP and I will play as soon as he get on IRC, so it should be fine !

___

Lost DPP and BW vs MoP, some gg, despite a boring crit in BW, that was cool anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)