move 2: Stone Edge
move 3: U-turn
move 4: Hidden Power Ice
item: Expert Belt
ability: Sand Force
nature: Naive
evs: 228 Atk / 28 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Landorus is possibly the best user of Expert Belt in OU thanks to his fantastic mixed attacking stats and excellent movepool. Because he's often assumed to be a Choice Scarf user if Leftovers or Life Orb haven't been revealed, Landorus can catch a lot of Pokemon off-guard if they think he is locked into a single attack. This set excels at luring common Ground-type resistant Pokemon, such as Gliscor and Dragonite, that think they can come in for free on a Choice-locked Earthquake, only to eat a super effective Hidden Power Ice boosted by Expert Belt the next turn. While Landorus is undoubtedly a potent lure, his uses certainly don't end there. An impressive base 101 Speed means Landorus can be a dangerous late-game sweeper once physical walls have been weakened enough, while access to U-turn allows Landorus to scout and preserve momentum.</p>

<p>Earthquake and Stone Edge are two extremely powerful moves when coming off an immense base 125 Attack, and when combined with potential Sand Force and Expert Belt boosts, not many Pokemon will be willing to switch into this sand genie. Hidden Power Ice is arguably the crux of the set, as it provides Landorus a means of eliminating Gliscor, who is one of Choice Scarf Landorus's primary counters. U-turn may seem like a filler attack, but it's very useful for feigning a Choice Scarf and it allows Landorus to scout incoming Pokemon.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Maximum Speed is necessary to make use of Landorus's amazing Speed tier, as he outpaces common threats such as Salamence, Celebi, Jirachi, and Volcarona. The slight investment in Special Attack lets Landorus OHKO Gliscor even without Stealth Rock, while the rest of the EVs are dumped into Attack to give Landorus all the power he needs.</p>

<p>While Landorus's mixed attacking prowess makes switching into it a daunting task, Skarmory and Bronzong will happily hop in on any attack thanks to their superb typings. Scizor definitely will not want to take an Earthquake in the sand, but if it comes in safely, it will threaten to put Landorus out of commission with Bullet Punch if Landorus has sustained a little bit of prior damage. Rotom-W is a fairly decent switch-in to Landorus thanks to its immunity to Earthquake, and it has the ability to tank a Stone Edge and OHKO back with Hydro Pump. While they must be careful not to come in on the wrong attack, Latios, Starmie, and Gengar all resist at least one of Landorus's moves and will force him out thanks to their superior Speed and huge Special Attack stats. When using Landorus, the first Pokemon you'll likely want to pair him up with is Tyranitar, as his ability, Sand Stream, provides Landorus with eternal sandstorm weather to boost his attacks. Due to the nature of his counters, Landorus functions exceptionally well on trap teams, especially those with Magnezone and a Pursuit user. Magnezone can trap and eliminate pesky Steel-types, especially Skarmory, which will often facilitate a sweep for Landorus at the end of matches. Similarly, Pokemon like Choice Band Scizor or Choice Scarf Tyranitar can effectively eliminate the likes of Latios, Starmie, and Gengar, and they can often come in for free thanks to Landorus's U-turn. It might be worth partnering Landorus up with some sturdy Water-type resists, especially if Landorus is being used on a sand team. Rotom-W is an excellent choice because it counters Steel-types very well, while Starmie also deserves mention because it can spin away the hazards that Skarmory lays. Due to Landorus's ability to lure and OHKO Gliscor, Terrakion makes a very good partner because it can spam its powerful Close Combat with near impunity once Gliscor is out of the equation.</p>

I was just thinking about taking this, lol. I would slash Smack Down after Stone Edge, tbh. It can still bluff a Choice Scarf before you use Smack Down, and Smack Down allows you to beat common counters like Skarmory and Bronzong, making it an effective wallbreaker.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
This isn't very different from the Smack Down set on-site. Wouldn't it be better just to OO this? The only difference is the 20% boost. Also, you could invest into SpA rather than HP. You could do 236 Atk/ 20 SpA?

oooops i actually rushed this and forgot to put my spread that lets landorus always ohko gliscor!

i don't know if smack down warrants a mention because the difference in bp is so massive, which is a big problem i find when landorus is cleaning. it wants all that power when you're trying to clean up against rotom-w, gyarados and other friendly folks. while this is an effective lure and scout, it is important to note one of it's main appeals over other landorus sets is the ability to sweep without wasting a turn to set up!

^ that's basically it. seeing as this is like the second most used landorus set after scarf, it definitely deserves an analysis, even more so than the smack down set which i find is not always useful because the opponent can just switch out.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think that slashing Stone Edge with Smack Down in the Smack Down set, and renaming the set to all-out attacker is the best way to go.

Expert Belt and Life Orb should be the 2 main item choices and Leftovers should go to AC. I am not even sure why is Leftovers a primay choice for the Smack Down set...With Lefties, HP Ice doesn't even ohko Gliscor, Sand Force boosted EQ doesn't OHKO Lefties Skarmory after SR and Smack Down, and HP Ice is not a guaranteed ohko on offensive Dnite after SR, which is pretty pathetic if you ask me. And in general Landorus is a very offensive poke, which is already pretty resilient, so if one wants to conserve his bulk Expert Belt should be the item of choice, no Left-lol-overs.

So my opinion, slash Stone Edge with Smack Down on the existing set and slash Expert Belt with Life Orb, while removing Lefties. The 2 sets are extremely simililar to justify 2 seperate sets.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Smack Down's potential is brought out to the max with Substitute, so it's not an all-out attacker.

Plus, Landorus as a Pokemon and EVs provided by Iconic are tailor-made for Expert Belt. As Harsha puts it, this set is also prominent in the current OU meta to warrant its own set.

Iconic, Landorus only needs 28 SAtk EVs to OHKO Gliscor 100% of the time, so I would fix that - any more SpA EVs is honestly a waste just to boost 1 weak special move.

QC Approved (3/3)

oh that's weird, i checked on smogon's calc using lucario and you're right. i guess libelldra's damage calc is a little different

thanks for the approvals bloo is shit and i will write this soon

:)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
HP FIRE gets forry and phys. def skarm and cocky scizors and nattoreis

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Smack Down's potential is brought out to the max with Substitute, so it's not an all-out attacker.

Plus, Landorus as a Pokemon and EVs provided by Iconic are tailor-made for Expert Belt. As Harsha puts it, this set is also prominent in the current OU meta to warrant its own set.

Iconic, Landorus only needs 28 SAtk EVs to OHKO Gliscor 100% of the time, so I would fix that - any more SpA EVs is honestly a waste just to boost 1 weak special move.

QC Approved (3/3)
The main targets of Smack Down are Skarmory and Rotom-W no? And by subing on the switch you fail to beat the first anyway, since while you use Smack Down he can easily Whirwind you out. So i don't know why Sub is in the Smack Down set, but my opinion is that the set should have 4 attacks and the items should be Expert Belt and LO. And anyway what faster poke would switch in against Landorus that you can now beat with Sub?

The best Landorus checks/counters are Rotom-W, Skarmory, Lati@s, Tangrowth, Gengar and Gyarados from what i can think and Sub only helps against Rotom-W. And half of the Rotom-W are Scarf ones, which the Sub Smack Down set fails to beat. So i don't really see why Sub is mentioned in the main set...

remove
add
<comments>
[SET]
name: Expert Belt
move 1: Earthquake

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Landorus is possibly the best user of Expert Belt in OU thanks to it'(apostrophe)s fantastic mixed attacking stats and excellent movepool. Since it's often considered to be a Choice Scarf user if Leftovers or Life Orb haven't been revealed, Landorus can catch a lot of Pokemon off-(hyphen [i think :x])guard if they think Landorus is locked ontointo a single attack. This set excels areat luring common Ground-(remove hyphen)resists like Gliscor and Dragonite thinkingthat think they can come in for free on a Choice-locked Earthquake, only to eat a super effective Hidden Power Ice boosted by Expert Belt the next turn. While Landorus is undoubtablyundoubtedly a potent lure, its uses certainly don't end there. An impressive Bbase 101 Speed means Landorus can be a dangerous late-game sweeper once physical walls have been weakened enough, while access to U-turn allows Landorus to scout and preserve momentum.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Earthquake and Stone Edge are two extremely powerful moves when coming off an immense Bbase 125 Attack, and when combined with potential Sand Force and Expert Belt boosts, not many Pokemon will be willing to switch into this sand genie. Hidden Power Ice is arguably the crux of the set, as it provides Landorus a means of eliminating Gliscor, who is one of Choice Scarf Landorus's primary counters. U-turn may seem like a filler attack, but it's very useful for feigning a Choice Scarf,(comma) and it allows Landorus to scout incoming Pokemon. Maximum Speed is necessary to make use of Landorus's amazing Speed tier, since it outpaces common threats such as Salamence, Celebi, Jirachi, and Volcarona. The slight investment in Special Attack EVs lets Landorus OHKO Gliscor even without Stealth Rock, while the rest of the EVs are dumped into Attack to give Landorus all the attacking<redundant with changes imo> power it needs.</p>

<p>While Landorus's mixed attacking prowess makes switching into it a daunting task, Skarmory and Bronzong will happily hop in on any attack thanks to their superb typings. Scizor definitely will not want to take an Earthquake in the sand, but if it comes in safely, it will threaten to put Landorus out of commission with Bullet Punch if Landorus has sustained a little bit of prior damage. Rotom-W is a fairly decent switch in to Landorus thanks to its immunity to Earthquake, and it has the ability to tank a Stone Edge and OHKO back with Hydro Pump. While they must be careful not to come in on the wrong attack, Latios, Starmie, and Gengar all resist at least one of Landorus's moves and will force Landorus out thanks to their superior Speed and huge Special Attack stats. When using Landorus, the first Pokemon you'll likely want to pair it up with is Tyranitar, since it provides Landorus with Sand Stream<ss or sand force boost?> to boost its attacks. Due to the nature of its counters, Landorus functions exceptionally well on trap teams, especially those with Magnezone and a Pursuit user. Magnezone can trap and eliminate pesky Steel-types, especially Skarmory, which will often facilitate a sweep for Landorus at the end of matches. Similarly, Pokemon like Choice Band Scizor or Choice Scarf Tyranitar can effectively eliminate the likes of Latios, Starmie, and Gengar, and they can often come in for free thanks to Landorus's U-turns. It might be worth partnering Landorus up with some sturdy Water-(hyphen)resists, especially if Landorus is being used on a sand team. Rotom-W is an excellent choice because it counters Steel-types very well, while Starmie also deserves mention because it can spin the hazards that Skarmory lays. Due to Landorus's ability to lure and OHKO Gliscor, Terrakion makes a very good partner since it can spam its powerful Close Combats with near impunity once Gliscor is out of the equation.</p>
helloooooooooooooooooooooooooo ◠‿◠
good job :)

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
feedback;

Landorus can catch a lot of Pokemon off-(hyphen [i think :x])guard
off-guard is right

This set excels areat luring common Ground-(remove hyphen)resists like Gliscor and Dragonite
should probably read;
"Ground-type resists such as Gliscor..."

Hidden Power Ice is arguably the crux of the set, as it provides Landorus a means of eliminating Gliscor
no comma imo

Maximum Speed is necessary to make use of Landorus's amazing Speed tier, since it outpaces
apparently since = bad, so change this to "as"

since it provides Landorus with Sand Stream<ss or sand force boost?> to boost its attacks.
Agreeing with harsha's confusion; I'd make this say: "...Sand Stream, which activates Sand Force."

Starmie also deserves mention because it can spin the hazards that Skarmory lays.
spin away

okay cool

GP (1/2)

◠‿◠ oh my god this smiley is so fun

hello i am holding this place
just for you n_n

Note: it usually doesn't matter if you use it or he/she to refer to Pokemon, but since Landorus's analysis uses "he" throughout and this is getting added on to that I changed all the its to hes

Also discussion of the listed moves goes in set comments rather than AC so i moved that part there!

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Landorus is possibly the best user of Expert Belt in OU thanks to ithis fantastic mixed attacking stats and excellent movepool. Since it's often considerBecause he's often assumed to be a Choice Scarf user if Leftovers or Life Orb haven't been revealed, Landorus can catch a lot of Pokemon off-guard if they think Landorushe is locked into a single attack. This set excels at luring common Ground-type resistsant Pokemon, such as Gliscor and Dragonite,(comma) that think they can come in for free on a Choice-locked Earthquake, only to eat a super effective Hidden Power Ice boosted by Expert Belt the next turn. While Landorus is undoubtedly a potent lure, ithis uses certainly don't end there. An impressive base 101 Speed means Landorus can be a dangerous late-game sweeper once physical walls have been weakened enough, while access to U-turn allows Landorus to scout and preserve momentum.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Earthquake and Stone Edge are two extremely powerful moves when coming off an immense base 125 Attack, and when combined with potential Sand Force and Expert Belt boosts, not many Pokemon will be willing to switch into this sand genie. Hidden Power Ice is arguably the crux of the set, as it provides Landorus a means of eliminating Gliscor, who is one of Choice Scarf Landorus's primary counters. U-turn may seem like a filler attack, but it's very useful for feigning a Choice Scarf and it allows Landorus to scout incoming Pokemon.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>
Maximum Speed is necessary to make use of Landorus's amazing Speed tier, since itas he outpaces common threats such as Salamence, Celebi, Jirachi, and Volcarona. The slight investment in Special Attack lets Landorus OHKO Gliscor even without Stealth Rock, while the rest of the EVs are dumped into Attack to give Landorus all the power ithe needs.</p>

<p>While Landorus's mixed attacking prowess makes switching into it a daunting task, Skarmory and Bronzong will happily hop in on any attack thanks to their superb typings. Scizor definitely will not want to take an Earthquake in the sand, but if it comes in safely, it will threaten to put Landorus out of commission with Bullet Punch if Landorus has sustained a little bit of prior damage. Rotom-W is a fairly decent switch-(hyphen)in to Landorus thanks to its immunity to Earthquake, and it has the ability to tank a Stone Edge and OHKO back with Hydro Pump. While they must be careful not to come in on the wrong attack, Latios, Starmie, and Gengar all resist at least one of Landorus's moves and will force Landorushim out thanks to their superior Speed and huge Special Attack stats. When using Landorus, the first Pokemon you'll likely want to pair ithim up with is Tyranitar, since itas his ability, Sand Stream, provides Landorus with eternal sandstorm weather to boost ithis attacks. Due to the nature of ithis counters, Landorus functions exceptionally well on trap teams, especially those with Magnezone and a Pursuit user. Magnezone can trap and eliminate pesky Steel-types, especially Skarmory, which will often facilitate a sweep for Landorus at the end of matches. Similarly, Pokemon like Choice Band Scizor or Choice Scarf Tyranitar can effectively eliminate the likes of Latios, Starmie, and Gengar, and they can often come in for free thanks to Landorus's U-turn. It might be worth partnering Landorus up with some sturdy Water-type resists, especially if Landorus is being used on a sand team. Rotom-W is an excellent choice because it counters Steel-types very well, while Starmie also deserves mention because it can spin away the hazards that Skarmory lays. Due to Landorus's ability to lure and OHKO Gliscor, Terrakion makes a very good partner sincbecause it can spam its powerful Close Combat with near impunity once Gliscor is out of the equation.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Landorus is possibly the best user of Expert Belt in OU thanks to his fantastic mixed attacking stats and excellent movepool. Because he's often assumed to be a Choice Scarf user if Leftovers or Life Orb haven't been revealed, Landorus can catch a lot of Pokemon off-guard if they think he is locked into a single attack. This set excels at luring common Ground-type resistant Pokemon, such as Gliscor and Dragonite, that think they can come in for free on a Choice-locked Earthquake, only to eat a super effective Hidden Power Ice boosted by Expert Belt the next turn. While Landorus is undoubtedly a potent lure, his uses certainly don't end there. An impressive base 101 Speed means Landorus can be a dangerous late-game sweeper once physical walls have been weakened enough, while access to U-turn allows Landorus to scout and preserve momentum.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Maximum Speed is necessary to make use of Landorus's amazing Speed tier, as he outpaces common threats such as Salamence, Celebi, Jirachi, and Volcarona. The slight investment in Special Attack lets Landorus OHKO Gliscor even without Stealth Rock, while the rest of the EVs are dumped into Attack to give Landorus all the power he needs.</p>

<p>While Landorus's mixed attacking prowess makes switching into it a daunting task, Skarmory and Bronzong will happily hop in on any attack thanks to their superb typings. Scizor definitely will not want to take an Earthquake in the sand, but if it comes in safely, it will threaten to put Landorus out of commission with Bullet Punch if Landorus has sustained a little bit of prior damage. Rotom-W is a fairly decent switch-in to Landorus thanks to its immunity to Earthquake, and it has the ability to tank a Stone Edge and OHKO back with Hydro Pump. While they must be careful not to come in on the wrong attack, Latios, Starmie, and Gengar all resist at least one of Landorus's moves and will force him out thanks to their superior Speed and huge Special Attack stats. When using Landorus, the first Pokemon you'll likely want to pair him up with is Tyranitar, as his ability, Sand Stream, provides Landorus with eternal sandstorm weather to boost his attacks. Due to the nature of his counters, Landorus functions exceptionally well on trap teams, especially those with Magnezone and a Pursuit user. Magnezone can trap and eliminate pesky Steel-types, especially Skarmory, which will often facilitate a sweep for Landorus at the end of matches. Similarly, Pokemon like Choice Band Scizor or Choice Scarf Tyranitar can effectively eliminate the likes of Latios, Starmie, and Gengar, and they can often come in for free thanks to Landorus's U-turn. It might be worth partnering Landorus up with some sturdy Water-type resists, especially if Landorus is being used on a sand team. Rotom-W is an excellent choice because it counters Steel-types very well, while Starmie also deserves mention because it can spin away the hazards that Skarmory lays. Due to Landorus's ability to lure and OHKO Gliscor, Terrakion makes a very good partner because it can spam its powerful Close Combat with near impunity once Gliscor is out of the equation.</p>

GP APPROVED 2/2

thank you friends, this is done

i'm not allowed to upload my own shit so i'm sure my slave fatecrashers will get on this soon XDDDDDDD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)