Infernape Lead Team

Please rate this team!
My team:

General Strategy: The goal here is to OHKO or 2HKO most everything after stealth rock, with Jellicent and Chansey playing special walls to really mess up special teams.

Weaknesses:
* No Rapid Spin
* No Spikes, Toxic Spikes
* No Backup Stealthrocks.
* No phaser
* Sandstorm?

Infernape
w/ Focus Sash

Blaze
Jolly
4HP/252A/252Speed
- Fake Out
- Blaze Kick
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rocks

Immunities: None
Fake Out breaks slashes/sturdy
Blaze Kick doesn't break my Focus Sash and has a high critical hit ratio.
Close Combat is the reliable STAB choice, hits most of everything
Stealth Rocks for Stealth Rocks. Punishing opponent's switching in is pretty important for this team, meanwhile outside of Infernape there's not much fear of entry hazards... unless they've had a lot of time to set up.

A sacrificial lead, this comes out, fakes out, streath rocks, and hopefully kills something while it's on it's last HP. Against a sandstorm team, though, this typically tries to close combat them to death - ideally taking down 1 or 2 pokemon instead of stealthrocking.

Chansey
w/ Evolite

Natural Cure
Bold
252 HP/252Def/4SpD
- Aromatherapy
- Softboiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Immunities: Ghost
The wall of walls. Facing against Focus Blast requires a ghost partner to switch with for maximum effect.
Evolite really does make this very hard to kill. Worried about tricked on-choice items, but even w/o Evolite, Chansey has some sweet defensive stats.

When possible I hold this back until I can get a gruelling long KO. Sadly, I've had far too many disconnects because people aren't willing to wait for Chansey to beat them. Stategically blowing Seismic Toss and Toxic against Gengar to stall it works well unless they get a critical focus blast.
Against trickroom, this comes out, stalls them out, and is generally nasty. Dragonite can be brought in against Trickroom's slow fighters, but sometimes I'll sacrifice another pokemon to do this so my Dragonite's Multiscale doesn't bite it.

Jolteon
w/ choice Specs

Volt Absorb
Timid
4SpD/252 SpA/252Speed
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch

Immunities: None
Choice-switcher. HP Ice for dragons, ground; Thunderbolt for everything else. Signal Beam > Shadow Ball? Must be exceptionally careful with Volt Switching this guy out - paying attention to the opponent's team to make sure they don't have a ground guy is a must. However, that's also what Stealth Rocks is for - to punish opponent's switching.

Hydreigon
w/ Life Orb

Levitate
Naive
4A/252SpA/252Speed
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower

Immunities: Ground, Psychic
Outrage/Draco Meteor can pretty much kill anything out there. Flamethrower kills what they can't. Dark Pulse is for reliable STAB without drawback. Average speed is a problem, but against something that hits it for neutral damage, it's usually fine.

I hate doubling up on dragon moves, but what can you do?

Jellicent
w/ Water Gem

Bold
Water Aborb
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
- Scald
- Hidden Power Fire
- Recover
- Pain Split

Immunities: Normal, Fighting, Water
This, more than anything else, is a "free switch-in" pokemon, offering focus blast protection to chansey, water switchin protection to infernape, and quickattack/extreme protection to Focus Sash-broken Infernape. And against a rain team? Oh my...

Scald does decent damage, and sometimes burns. HP Fire is pretty interesting under the sun. Wondering if Ice Beam should take the place of either Recover or Pain Split...

Dragonite
w/Leftovers

Multiscale
Jolly
4HP/252A/252Speed
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Immunities: Ground
Multiscale Dragonite likes Leftovers, as between it and Roost he can take a lot of hits that would otherwise kill him that turn. Jolly speed helps to recover HP with Roost, and to lessen icebeam/HP Ice hits. However, the goal is to dragon dance while they think they've killed you with your ice beam, and then sweep.

Note: Apparently Garchomp is once again an Uber. Hence Dragonite's inclusion here.

Garchomp is banned... For an anti-sandstorm pokemon, try choice scarf or expert belt landorus

Also, Outrages form any dragon can rip your team apart, and can also leave holes inside jellicent. You should try some bulky steel types. I suggest ferrothorn or Foretress as they provide good synergy with your team.

Infernape's high Speed and offensive stats make it a perfect sweeper, as it can outpace a large portion of the metagame and utilize its large movepool effectively. Life Orb makes Infernape a powerful sweeper, turning many 2HKOs into OHKOs. With the ability to use both Swords Dance and Nasty Plot, Infernape is aided by its unpredictability and is very difficult to counter without knowing its whole set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)