Too Much Ado About Nothing: SubwayJ and rickheg Fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I say, we're finally here!" Temperantia shouted excitedly. The journey to the field in which the three trainers now stand was long, or at least seemed so.

"Just where is 'here'?" One of the two battlers, rickheg, seemed to ask the question both combatants had had rolling around in the backs of their minds.

"Hmm... I suppose I didn't tell you, but this is the field." Temperantia is known for being cryptic, but to the two battlers, this statement borders on insulting.

"We can see this is a field, but where are we, and why did you drag us here?" The second combatant, SubwayJ, speaks up this time. Trying very hard to remain patient with the referee who seemed to be appearing more loony with each passing second.

"Why, are both of you that quick to forget engagements? Very well, I guess I can recant what you both posted on the forum board."

SubwayJ said:
Challenging rickheg to a flavour battle (Like the big one glacier is reffing if you don't know)

1v1 singles (open)
2day DQ
2 subs
2recovers / 5chills
Arena: Refs mind

NOTE TO REF:
Please use flavour as best as you can, see Glaciers 2k (I think) for what we're looking for!
Don't accept of you won't use flavour ref...
rickheg said:
Accepting the above.

Items; on
ME said:
(I will assume All Abilites)

"You daft bastard, we know about the battle! Now why did you take us here of all places? I don't have the faintest idea where we are and it appears that we're miles away from civilization!" SubwayJ shows less restraint this time, clearly enraged by Temperantia's evasion of his questions.

"Do I need a reason to 'drag' you both to a beautiful place such as this? I swear, trainers these days focus much too closely on petty details such as motives, that they always miss the panorama around them. Take a look yourselves!"

Arena said:
The field is expansive, covering all one could possibly see, even from atop one of the numerous hills that dot the landscape. To the west, the sun is setting, leaving a reddish, almost sanguine, glow across the area.
The field contains a variety of flowers consisting of a multitude of colors. The reds and yellows of the poppies blend in with the deep purple hues of violets and irises and the white petals of daisies. The glow of the sunset makes these colors less pronounced, however, as they all share that deep, almost rusted red color.
The glow of the sunset also touches the large, shallow pool that rests near the center of the field. The light gives the water a queer look that can be... unnerving to some.
Despite the diversity of the meadow, there appears to be no Pokemon stirring about, nor any wind to move the static flowers. This stillness only adds to an eerie nature of the meadow, as a sense that something is not quite right envelops the field...

"I guess that's okay?" Rickheg says this, not quite sure what to expect from the area, or from Temperantia.

"Hehe, isn't this place absolutely gorgeous? When I was younger, I always used to see this meadow and think what a beautiful vista this would make for a Pokemon battle. So, I jumped at the chance when I was told to pick my own arena, and here we are. Now, let's see both teams of Pokemon!"

rickheg:

Dusclops [Cyclost] (M)
Nature: Quiet (Adds One (1) Rank to Special Attack; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent’s attacks.
Type: Ghost
Summary: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 4(+)
SpD: Rank 5
Spe: 39(-)
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 5
Base Stat Total: 21

EC: 9/9
MC: 1
DC: n/a

Abilities
Pressure: (Innate) This Pokemon’s presence fills the air with intense anxiety, and any damaging or status attack launched at this Pokemon costs the opposing Pokemon two (2) more energy to perform.

Attacks:
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Gravity
Bind
Leer
Night Shade
Disable
Foresight
Astonish
Confuse Ray
Shadow Sneak
Pursuit
Will-O-Wisp
Hex
Future Sight
Shadow Punch

Imprison
Pain Split
Destiny Bond

Payback
Focus Punch
Return
Psych Up
Earthquake
Substitute
Shadow Ball
Trick Room
Protect
Taunt
Double Team
Brick Break
Torment

Total Moves: 33

SubwayJ:

Fruit Ninja (*) the Krillowatt (M)
Nature: Naive (+Spe, -SpDef)

Type: Electric / Water

Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Trace: (Can be Activated) This Pokemon can copy an ability of the opponent and replace Trace for six (6) actions. Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.
Magic Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it.
Shell Armor (DW UNLOCKED): (Innate) This Pokemon’s thick, bony outer shell prevents it from taking critical hits.

Stats: (Naive Nature)

HP: 125
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 121(+) (+17%ACC)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 21

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Moves:
Bubble (*)
Charge (*)
Tackle (*)
Thundershock (*)
Detect (*)
Zap Cannon
Ice Shard
Confuse Ray
Imprison
Mirror Coat
Aqua Jet
Thunder
Copycat
Heart Swap
Discharge
Hydro Pump
Muddy Water
Guillotine
Volt Switch

Metronome (*)
Me First (*)
Counter (*)
Sheer Cold
Follow Me
Mind Reader

Ice Beam (*)
Thunderbolt (*)
Scald (*)
Blizzard
Earthquake
Hidden Power Grass (7)
Substitute

Total Moves: 32

Cranium the Pyroak (M)
Nature: Quiet (+Sp Atk, -Speed)

Type: Fire/Grass
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming “powder” attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:

Abilities:
Rock Head: (Innate) This Pokemon’s hard body prevents it from taking recoil damage from moves such as Double-Edge, Flare Blitz, and Head Smash.
Battle Armor: (Innate) This Pokemon’s thick armor prevents it from taking critical hits.
Chlorophyll (DW LOCKED): (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Stats: (Quiet Nature)
HP: 120
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 52 (-10EVA) (-)
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 5
Base Rank Total: 20

EC 9/9
MC 0
DC 3/5

Moves:

Bullet Seed
Sweet Scent
Absorb
Growth
Ember
Leech Seed
Flame Wheel
Giga Drain
Fire Spin
Synthesis
Lava Plume
Flame Burst
Petal Dance
Heat Crash
Zap Cannon
Wood Hammer
Flare Blitz

Aromatherapy
Dragonbreath
Earth Power

Sunny Day
Flamethrower
Solarbeam
Protect

Total Moves: 24

Plants vs Zombies (PVZ) the Necturna (F)
Nature: Quiet (+Sp Atk, -Speed)

Type: Grass/Ghost

Grass: Grass STAB; immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Abilities:

Forewarn: (Innate) This Pokemon has the ability to sense the opponents super-effective, OHKO, and explosive attacks, and has a percentage (%) chance to evade equal to one (1) plus (+) double (x2) the move's base attack power. This percentage chance (%) is applied to the attacking move's base accuracy.
Telepathy (DW-UNLOCKED) (Innate) This Pokemon has a mental link with its allies in multiple allies, allowing it to avoid taking damage from attacks that affect the whole field like Earthquake and Surf.

Stats: (Quiet Nature)

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 5
Spe: 70 (-) (-10EVA)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 23

EC 6/6
MC 0
DC 5/5

Moves:
Leer
Vine Whip
Ominous Wind
Shadow Sneak
Toxic Spikes
Will-O-Wisp
Hex
Pain Split
Power Whip
Thunder Fang
Poison Fang
Super Fang
Horn Leech
Shadow Ball

Soak
Giga Drain
Natural Gift
Ingrain

Protect
Calm Mind
Psychic
Torment
Telekenisis
Toxic
Shadow Claw
Stone Edge
Thief
Substitute

Total Moves: 28

"Remember you two, this battle is a little bit different than those officially sanctioned by the Battle Bureau in the cities. Attacks and events will be far less stringent than anything you'll see in the ASB arena. So, pretty much, anything goes here."

The two battlers step roughly 30 paces away from each other and assume the standard Poke Ball throwing position.

"No, no, no! What did I just tell you wankers? Relax and stop looking at each other as if you both had a steel rod shoved up your arse! Try to have some fun!" With this, Temperantia waves with a strange, nonsensical hand motion and whistles.

"...That means go, you two." The referee mutters and slips farther away from the center of the two trainers' "arena."

Order of stuff:
SubwayJ chooses his Pokemon and its item
rickheg chooses his item and orders
SubwayJ orders
I ref

Alright, I'll give Cyclost my Expert Belt. Thankfully, we can hit you super effective.

Alright my Ghostly friend, let's get this battle started. But first, we need to chance things to our favor. Use your other-worldly powers, and twist his mind! Make him think fast is slow, and slow is fast. Then, I want you to use the very earth itself to crush that Krillowatt! Then, finish up by relying on your other-worldly powers once more, this time to predict incredible damage against our foe!

Trick Room > Earthquake > Future Sight

Well, we do not like having ourselves crushed, do we Fruit Ninja? To prevent this, hows about we start by Imprisoning his ability to use that earthquake (as well as some other moves) because we might want to use it as well. After this we are going to Copycat that other-worldly power, and make us faster again! After all the disruption of the opponent's tactics, all you need to do is sit there, and waggle your finger like a Metronome. Who knows, something might happen!

Summary: Imprison (Earthquake-Confuse Ray-Imprison)-Copycat(Trick Room)-Metronome(Dark Void-Shadow Force-Soak-Ice Burn-Seed Flare-Bolt Strike-Blue Flare-Encore-Doom Desire-Head Smash)

Fruit Ninja
Hp: 125
En: 100
Other: none
Item: Exp. Share

V.S.

Cyclost
Hp: 90
En: 100
Other: none
Item: Expert Belt​

With a little spring in its step, SubwayJ's Krilowatt moves first. The speedy little shrimp begins the battle by summoning 3 small crosses of energy. These tiny phantasms fly to rickheg's Dusknoir and attach to him; one to his right fist, another to the large mouth on his stomach and a final one to his head. Each one of these crosses represents a move that Cyclost and Fruit Ninja both share that has now been Imprisoned from Cyclost's use.
The Dusknoir attempts to avenge his opponent's slight against him by summoning up a field of sorts. The strange, asymmetrical lines cross over the meadow, but seem to just phase through the flora and even the ground. After Cyclost is finished setting up its Trick Room, both Pokemon realize that in this dimension, the Dusknoir is much faster.

Cyclost takes advantage of this newfound agility by gearing up to drive its fist into the red-hued earth and create an Earthquake. However, it stops just short of hitting the ground as one of the small crosses (the one attached to its right fist) begins to glow. The almost-blinding light from cross prevents anyone from looking at the Dusknoir, but as it subsides, everyone can see Dusknoir looking nervous but being unable to move.
Krilowatt snickers to itself as it looks on at its victim and the confusion he now bears. All the while, retracting his foe's dimensional vortex by using his own Trick Room to dispel his foe's advantage.

Faster yet again, Krilowatt begins chanting and waving his tiny claws through the air. As he does so, his pincers begin to glow, alight with some strange power. This Metronome leaves his foe's condition entirely up to fate as everyone watching can only guess what the outcome will be. This tense waiting continues for a small while when suddenly a bright beam of light appears in the sky. It seems that the attack was a powerful Doom Desire that will reach the field sometime soon.
Similar to his opponent's move, Cyclost conjures up a strange, purple aura around him, then dispels it quickly into the shadows. His Future Sight is ensured to hit the Krilowatt around the same time as its Doom Desire attack...

Krilowatt:
Imprison: 8 energy
Trick Room: 10 energy
Metronome: roll=9/10, Doom Desire chosen; 17 energy

Dusknoir:
Trick Room: 10 energy
Failure
Future Sight: 7 energy

Fruit Ninja
En: 65
Other: Incoming Future Sight after a1

V.S.

Cyclost
En: 83
Other: Imprisoned [Earthquake, Confuse Ray, Imprison] (3 actions); Incoming Doom Desire after a1

"Well, for a round in which not much happened, that was pretty intense!" Temperantia remarked with a little bit of surprise at what could have been a very dull start to the battle.

The field appears dark now as shadows play in the dark undergrowth shielded from the small combined light of the absent sun and the bright beam headed to the earth. This is when everyone notices that the sun has finally set and that it's now twilight. This comes as a surprise to the trainers as they don't actually recall seeing the sun descend, just the contrast between what light there was, and the darkness that has now all but replaced it. Temperantia looks visibly unnerved by this...

"How... Why is this happening?" The referee barely mutters above his breath to no one in particular.

"What do you mean? The sun set. That last round had to have taken almost a half an hour." SubwayJ seems confused and slightly scared by Temperantia's skittish behavior.

The other trainer, rickheg, tries to lighten up the now shaking referee.
"Ha ha, exactly. It's sort of to be expected with the passing of time. Why is it bothering you so much?"

"But that's what you two don't seem to understand...

Time doesn't pass in a painting."

SubwayJ orders first

C'mon Fruit Ninja, It's been an entire round and we haven't even touched this ghost (although we shouldn't be able to anyways :P). To start I want you to use Follow Me outside the regular way, I want you to have him follow you into the small pool. After that, you need to set a Thunder down onto him and the water, possibly causing extra damage because the electricity is attracted to water, maybe it will also lower accuracy because a bright flash of light in the night can do that. Finally I want you just to Chill and restore some energy!

Summary: Follow Me-Thunder-Chill
*** If Focus Punch is used A1 use Bubble and push actions back

Its nighttime, Cyclost. This is when we are at our best. So go ahead and follow our foe into the water. But right before you enter the water, while he is already there, light it up with a Thunder Punch. The water may even deal extra damage. And I think we need to avoid that Thunder, no good will come of it. So use your ghostly abilities to become transparent, and leave the water before it hits, Protecting yourself from it, and leaving the pool. And then finish up by hitting our foe with a Focus Punch.

Thunder Punch > Protect > Focus Punch

Fruit Ninja
En: 65
Other: Incoming Future Sight after a1

V.S.

Cyclost
En: 83
Other: Imprisoned [Earthquake, Confuse Ray, Imprison] (3 actions); Incoming Doom Desire after a1

Though the last round ended with far more questions than answers, thankfully for the referee, the two trainers seem to want no answers, just to continue battling.

The round begins with another waggling of Fruit Ninja's claw-fingers. This motion is less a mystical invocation of the powers of fate and more an enticing "come hither" gesture. It's as if the Krilowatt is saying "Follow Me."

The Dusclops follows his adversary as he heads towards the center of the meadow. The large, dark void there among the flowers looks almost like a deep chasm, into which a Pokemon could fall eternally. However, one detail betrays this image, the unmistakable reflections of both the moon and the beam of light heading for the battlefield staring up from the center of the pond. It is into this small body of water that Fruit Ninja drags his opponent.

While the Krilowatt brought Cyclost here to empower his attacks, the Dusknoir decides to take advantage of their submerged bodies (or whatever a Dusknoir has) and light up his opponent with a Thunder Punch attack that leaves him a mite bruised.
At the end of this light show, another begins. This time, Krilowatt's summoned Doom Desire creates the pyrotechnics, as it bears down on his foe in the water. The beam wracks the Dusknoir with pain, but Krilowatt is unable to appreciate its success when it realizes that some force is attacking its mind from the inside out. Apparently, the shrimp had forgotten about the Psychic Future Sight attack Dusknoir foresaw last turn.

Oddly, the ripples caused by the two Pokemon entering the water and by the attacks still stand in the water, giving the water a choppy look that it hadn't before.

With both Pokemon covered in bruises and... loose cloth(?) from the first blood drawn last round, the two feel that the battle can only be downhill from here. Fruit Ninja commences the beginning of his foe's end by calling down a hugely powerful Thunder into the pond to strike his now soggy enemy. The streak of lightning is seen literally tearing through the sky as it reaches the pond with the two Pokemon in it.

Everyone watching can now see a permanent streak of white across the sky where the bolt had descended. The white streak actually resembles lens flare on a photograph...

As the trainers and referee turn their attention from the considerably unnerving sight of the sky above, they see the pool where... only Krilowatt remains. The notion that Dusknoir could have been completely disintegrated by the blast crosses the trainers' minds, but soon this idea is put to rest. By looking slightly up and behind Krilowatt, one can see Cyclost floating, apparently unphased by the attack due to the quickly thought out command of his trainer to Protect himself by disappearing and floating out of the water.

While mentioning the water, the referee can not help but notice that the water too has the white flare imposed on it; however, this one is a large spot centered directly where Cyclost had been, compared to the streak above it. The spot almost resembles a reflection of a second, larger moon; only it appears dull and slightly faded on the water's surface.

Fruit Ninja ends this round by staying in the water to Chill, perhaps not realizing the Dusknoir's proximity to him.
As they can all see what the poor crustacean cannot, it does not surprise the trainers in the slightest when they observe Dusknoir channeling his energy into a Focus Punch that he lands on Fruit Ninja.

The blow sends the Krilowatt flying across the pond and into the opposite shore of the wetland. This impact sends some debris into the air... that then hangs in place. The chunks of dirt, bits of grass and scattered petals apparently defy gravity according to their own will.

Krilowatt:
Follow Me: 9 energy
Thunder: 7 energy
Chill: +12 energy

Took the Future Sight Attack!: (10+3)= 13 damage

Hp Loss: 42.5~ 43
Energy Cost: 4 energy

Dusknoir:
Thunder Punch: (8+1.5)= 9.5 damage; 6 energy
roll=2206/10000; no crit
Protect: (7+ [[12+3-3]*1.5(Added effect: soaked)]/2.5)= 14.2 energy
Focus Punch: (15+3+2 (Added effect: impact on shore))= 20 damage; 10 energy
roll=305/10000; no crit

Took the Doom Desire Attack!: (14-3)= 11 damage

Hp Loss: 11
Energy Cost: 30.2~30

Fruit Ninja
Hp: 82
En: 61
Other:

V.S.

Cyclost
Hp: 79
En: 53
Other:

"I feel like I should be explaining what's happening here to you two. You see..."

"No, that's fine, we don't really want to be here any longer than necessary." SubwayJ interrupts the referee before Temperantia can finish.

"Aren't you two concerned about the state of the arena, field and reality itself! You didn't even seem surprised when I dramatically revealed that we were in a painting! Does that not raise any questions with you two?!"

"...Not really. This is ASB, crazy things happen every week or so." rickheg joins in his opponent's nonchalant attitude.

"Well, while you two may not be interested in the state of space-time, I would advise you not to interfere with the arena too much more. There's no telling what could happen in such a fragile realm..."

rickheg orders first

Alright, Cyclost. We've got to be careful. We must conserve our energy, so relax a moment, even if it does leave us at a disadvantage. Then, use your ghostly powers to roast our foe, and then place a hex upon him. Make sure he ends this round burnt, though.

Chill > Will-O-Wisp > Hex
IF not burned A3, use W-o-W again

Interfering with the arena seems to be EXACTLY what we want to do. If we really are in a painting, when something appears, it shouldn't disappear (as evidenced last round). Based on such info, we are going to summon a Blizzard which will hopefully stay in the painting with us just like the lightning last round. With the blizzard staying around and creating a frozen wonderland, we'll make an Ice Beam which with the cold temperatures, may give us a boosted chance to freeze this ghost. Finally we are going to reflect some damage back at this guy by putting up a Mirror Coat. If the ghost is frozen from that ice beam however, I want you to attack with a copy of his own move before he can escape the prison of ice. Say Me First, and send that hex at him!

Summary: Blizzard-Ice Beam-Mirror Coat
*** If Dusknoir is frozen on A3 use Me First that action instead

Fruit Ninja
Hp: 82
En: 61
Other:

V.S.

Cyclost
Hp: 79
En: 53
Other:

Both trainers (and the referee) want nothing more than to be done with this battle and transported back to their own dimension. This isn't exactly an unwarranted desire, considering the abundance of creation in this plane is likely to have some adverse reaction on this place...

Krilowatt adds to the manufactured chaos of the area by spewing frozen air from its mandibles. The Blizzard summoned by the shrimp collides with Dusknoir, but is largely unable to phase the ghostly juggernaut.
Cyclost is so unaffected by the cold front that it even manages to Chill in the thick of it.

The blustering air remains swirling around the Dusknoir, making the ghost far more susceptible to freezing. The individual ice crystals can even be seen glimmering from the bolt of lightning still etched into the sky. Each frozen bit shines in a blindingly brilliant way, despite their artificial composition in this world.

The shrimp moves first again, aiming its nozzle of a mouth towards the howling winds around Cyclost. Fruit Ninja then releases its stored up Ice Beam in a silver, ephemeral blast directly at the trapped Dusknoir. However, despite the freezing chill about it, Cyclost is able to once again ignore Krilowatt's attack and remains active.
Cyclost call together various forces from within the abyssal mouth on its stomach and conjures up a bright, blue flame. The Will-O-Wisp is sent out of the storm surrounding Dusknoir and makes its way to a surprised Fruit Ninja. The playful flame dances around the shrimp, but manages to graze it all the same.

Dusknoir moves first, (to the surprise of anyone who can not read actions) invoking a set of spirits to attack Fruit Ninja. The geists form a sort of Hex around the Krilowatt. Their shifting, ectoplasmic forms become several pair of eyes that stare into the Pokemon's being, burning its tainted soul from the inside out.
Fruit Ninja remains stalwart though, throughout the torment of the spirits around it, Krilowatt maintained a golden sheen across its body. Feeling the ghastly attack waning, the little shrimp realized the time to relent its Mirror Coat was now. Upon losing its brilliant luster, the Krillowatt began focusing the energy absorbed from its opponent's attack into a beam targeting Dusknoir. The powerful blast fires straight through the storm to hit the ghost, dissipating the freezing air throughout a large area of the Blizzard.

The storm is now fairly easy for the Dusknoir to escape, as it now has a gaping hole in it.​

Krilowatt:
Blizzard: 9 damage; 8 energy
roll=5713/10000; hit
roll=6226/10000; no crit
roll=8807/10000; no freeze
Ice Beam: 7 damage; 7 energy
roll=6592/10000; no crit
roll=0216/10000; no freeze
Mirror Coat: 24 damage; 14 energy

Total Hp Loss: 16
Total Energy Cost: 29

Dusknoir:
Will-O-Wisp: 7 energy
roll=2864/10000; hit
Hex: 16 damage; 6 energy
roll=4200/10000; no crit

Total Hp Loss: 40
Total Energy Cost: 1

Fruit Ninja
Hp: 66
En: 32
Other:

V.S.

Cyclost
Hp: 39
En: 52
Other:

"This place can't take much more being added to it! One more large scale attack and I don't know what may happen!"

SubwayJ seemed sort of curious about these events now.
"Why would our actions cause anything bad to happen?"

"Well, beyond the sweet light show we've been given so far." Chimed in rickheg.

"Must I educate you both on the elementary laws of physics!? What you have been doing is creating! Your Pokemon created an electrical charge that the Thunder carried to the ground; your Pokemon created wind to attack as a howling Blizzard; your Pokemon created friction when they collided with air particles!"

"My point, gentlemen, is that when something is introduced to a system by an outside force, a system loses its equilibrium. You know the old saying, 'what goes up, must come down?' Well, this battle has caused the overall mass and energy quantity of this universe to go 'up.' Be very, very cautious, you two; there's no telling how this plane will react in its process of accelerated entropy..."

SubwayJ orders first

I know! I can counteract my creation of the Thunderbolt by going and standing in the place where it stands still, and Chargeing back all the energy both strengthening me and returning some of the problem back to normal! After we're done charging all we have to do is break the ice of the frozen pond into little shards and fling them at the opponent which doesn't make me create anything! And to further our streak of non-creation I want you, Fruit Ninja, to Read the Mind of Dusknoir so we can get a guaranteed hit next round!

However if your opponent seems to be Focusing for a Punch we shall instead create a small Bubble and blow it at him which should disrupt his focus!

Summary: Charge-Ice Shard-Mind Reader
*** If focus punch is used A3 or A1 use Bubble and push actions back

Entropy is chaos, right? Well, that's just the kind of thing I prefer. And I like that you brought up the old saying of what goes up, must come down. Because everything is coming down when we increase the gravity inside this painting. Perhaps there will be more charge incoming than Kril expected? And even better, once we bring everything down, we're gonna shake it all up. Then, just relax a little, regain your energy

Gravity > Earthquake > chill

Fruit Ninja
Hp: 66
En: 32
Other:

V.S.

Cyclost
Hp: 39
En: 52
Other:

With creation, there must be destruction. But what happens when an object is created to destroy?

Fruit Ninja uses his action to attempt the current destruction of this plane, absorbing the electrical current still flowing through the sky. This Charge returns to reside in the Krilowatt's body from whence it came.
However, Cyclost is not content to let his opponent set up his further electrical attacks and takes drastic action. He concentrates much of his energy into a small orb in his hands. Contrary to most Pokemon attacks, as Dusknoir concentrates, the sphere does not grow, it shrinks. Becoming more and more dense as Cyclost focuses, the ghost is soon forced to drop the increasingly heavy particle.
Normally, the Gravity this force exerts would only force all Pokemon to the ground; however, in this fragile universe, it creates a well of attractive force that begins sucking in all matter in the arena. The first to be absorbed into this void are the stray electrons floating about. This slight change removes the rest of the lightning from the sky and steals the Charge from Krilowatt. In addition, the two opposing Pokemon are both slowly being pulled toward the black hole...

Krillowatt begins this round undaunted by the gaping void consuming all life and scurries to the pond gathering an Ice Shard to launch at his foe. Luckily for Fruit Ninja, the black hole hasn't grown enough to affect the speedy projectile (besides making it curve ever so slightly) and it does full damage... for now.
Cyclost decides that its foe's pitiful attack was just that and retaliates with a much stronger Earthquake to shake up things a bit. The tremors rip and tear at the field (and Krilowatt), but the loosened debris stays in the air... that is, until the gravity well pulls them closer into its growing maw...

Both Krilowatt and Dusknoir choose to be inactive in one way or another this round. The shrimp choosing to lock on to his opponent by reading his future movements, showing his skill as a Mind Reader.
Dusknoir, however, does absolutely nothing while he Chills in place, restoring his energy.

All the while, everything in the environment is moving ever closer to the expanding void near the center of the field... Including the two Pokemon.

Krilowatt:
Charge: 7 energy
Ice Shard: (4-3)= 1 damage; 4-2(using already created ice)= 2 energy
roll=4569/10000; no crit
Mind Reader: 6 energy

Total Hp Loss: 22.5~22
Total Energy Cost: 15 (+14 factored in for pressure over the last few rounds that I haven't been keeping track of)

Dusknoir:
Gravity: 10 energy
Earthquake: (10+3+2)*1.5= 22.5; 7 energy
roll=6077/10000; no crit

Total Hp Loss: 1
Total Energy Cost: 5

Fruit Ninja
Hp: 44
En: 3
Other:
Space from Black Hole: 3

V.S.

Cyclost
Hp: 38
En: 47
Other:
Space from Black Hole: 3

"Damn, that thing's getting bigger! If this battle doesn't end soon, I'm sure that Black Hole will end it for us! For now, why don't you two try to move away from that thing?..."

-Moving away from the black hole costs no energy but takes up a turn.
-When ordered to move away, a Pokemon will add 5 spaces to its distance from the void.
-The action of moving is not subject to the effects of Encore, Torment or Taunt.
-At the of each turn of the next round each Pokemon will be moved one space closer to the black hole. The pull of the black hole each turn will grow with each successive round.
-If a Pokemon touches the black hole, it will be instantly KO'd.

rickheg orders first

Oh, right, I was supposed to order first.

But yeah, gg SubwayJ, and thanks for reffing, Temp. This is a lot of fun.

Shadow Punch > chill > chill

Student Orientation is balls.

Ahem... Let us conclude this stunning battle.

Everything from the grass, to the waters of the small pond and even the sky itself begins fading to black as the black hole grows during the doldrums of the battle.

Finally, some movement among the Pokemon occurs, and the Krilowatt begins to perform an attack. Though exhausted, Krilowatt soldiers through his fatigue in an attempt to rid himself of his opponent along with himself. Seeming to take a cue from the well of gravity sitting in the arena's center, Krilowatt appears to be siphoning all of the heat energy of the surroundings and drawing it into its body. The Sheer Cold of this attack causes the entire landscape to warp and shatter as the painted grass, flowers, water and air turn blurry, then become impossibly vivid, and finally fade away. This attack would be near fatal to the Dusknoir... if Cyclost was anywhere near the poor shrimp whose destroying its surroundings.

Where once Krilowatt stood, nothingness remains. So too shall the rest of this plane follow soon. The unfathomable darkness of the void left by Krilowatt's suicidal effort and the force of the black hole begin unraveling all of the painting world and everyone in it...

"What happens now?" Asks a particularly nervous rickheg.

"Simple," Temperantia replies with a smile, "I stop telling this story!"

"...What? The fuck are you talking about?" SubwayJ expresses, showing his eternal role as the audience surrogate.

"Well, you see, I'm not terribly great at writing my characters out of predicaments. Well... At least not as good as I am of writing them into them. So, instead of pulling a Deus Ex Machina out of my ass, I'm going to break the fourth wall by directly commenting on the story."

"Isn't that still bad writing? I mean, you're still not creating a believable narrative with this ass pull!" Exclaims rickheg in exasperation. Poor, poor rickheg, doomed to be the voice of reason in a mad world...

"Yes, but it is an incredibly 'meta' ass pull. Am I not allowed to hang the lampshade on my own faults? Besides, how many battles even have an epilogue? Be grateful you get something at least mildly entertaining."

SubwayJ and rickheg consider the situation and use their vacant character traits to come to a consensus. One of them then declares the decision:
"Tell you what: you give us all our counters, and we'll all agree to never mention this again."

"...Deal."

Rewards:

Temperantia: 2 UC

rickheg: 1 CC
Cyclost: 3 MC, 1 KOC

SubwayJ: 1 CC
Fruit Ninja: 4 MC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)