Smogon Tournament #4 Prediction Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Welcome to the Smogon Tournament #4 Prediction Tournament Sign... wait-. You can't sign up yet! Why is that you ask? Well, joining this tournament will be automated.

Thanks to Surgo, a nice PHP script has been put into place that allows your account to register, rather than going through this thread, signing up, and posting predictions, etc. You will simply select the feature, fill in the blanks, and go from there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are the registrations requirements?

Have a standing Smogon Account. That's all you need.

Are there things I should know?
  1. It starts once the PHP program is up and pairings are made.
  2. You must put in results for all rounds. A tine limit to place your predictions will be put up.
  3. You can join even if you're in the main tournament.
  4. In case a sub arises, then the person who was replaced by the sub will count for the rest of the run.
    1. The script will not show sub names. So the sub's name will be noted each round if he/she continues.
Are there prizes?

A one time choice of a custom title will be given to the winner. They can only use it once, so put a lot of thought into it! If there's a tie, then both people receive the award. Should someone with a custom title already wins, then tough luck. Though, they might get an Aeroblacktyl change.

I can't think well right now. So, ask Q's here please.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prediction Page

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Are we allowed to change our predictions once they have been submitted, or are they "locked in"?

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mods round by round. Program turned out different than what I expected. We're still using brackets people.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Here's how the program works:

You click the link (it will be given to you). Click the link that says "Enter your predictions". Put in your forum name. Click on the radio buttons of the guys you want to win. Hit submit (only once). Then root for your guys!

Question, what's a custom title? (I'm definately entering, i almost won the previous prediction tourney)

Edit: Thanks Sunday

Sunday

Question, what's a custom title? (I'm definately entering, i almost won the previous prediction tourney)
See where Surgo has "Goes to eleven" above his avatar but below his name? It's one of those.

I picked either the 'better' battler, the less retarded name with two I did not know, or people I liked more with two good (like Vineon versus VIL sorry but I love Vineon!!)

It was kind of hard with SHUCKLE MAN versus Pika Pants, both are awful names :(

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
do we do all the rounds right now, or each round as it is posted?

also is there a link to the actual bracket anywhere im sure many of us want to see who we could be facing down the road

I picked either the 'better' battler, the less retarded name with two I did not know, or people I liked more with two good (like Vineon versus VIL sorry but I love Vineon!!)

It was kind of hard with SHUCKLE MAN versus Pika Pants, both are awful names :(
Wow! My username is being compared with the likes of 'Pika Pants'. And the terrible thing is, mine user name isn't a joke...

Anyways, before I go flush my head down a toilet and request a user name change, are the brackets as listed in the thread with the pairings? So, will the winner of the match at the top of the list be fighting the winner of the pair listed right beneath it?

Hey everyone. Here is a link to how the bracket SHOULD look. I just put in predictions to show people how the pairings work out and whatnot. I seperated each of the brackets into sections of 64 people and from there I predicted winners up to the final four. Then I made a final four section, too.

Enjoy. :)

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=256181

Sunday

Hey everyone. Here is a link to how the bracket SHOULD look. I just put in predictions to show people how the pairings work out and whatnot. I seperated each of the brackets into sections of 64 people and from there I predicted winners up to the final four. Then I made a final four section, too.

Enjoy. :)

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=256181
You sly dog, predicting yourself to beat some of the very best on Smogon...

^Wooh! Someone predicted I'd get to Round 2! I feel honoured. :) My opponent hasn't been online since 2007 though, so I think I may win due to the lack of my opponent being present...

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Curt's going to lose next round. He should have lost in the last one. :P

I'm blowing Jabba away, btw ;)

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
HAHA! Jabba won't even make it to the supposely final match with me :]
duh, i'll probably go out to giga pench or aldyron. i can't make a team that does well for more than a day, it's weird. but if you're going to be waiting in the final match for me well then i have a bit of motivation!

Yeah, we are finishing up the first round. The stickied topic has the bulk of the tourney info right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)