Kraid

KRAID

Introduction

Hello everybody! I am Starm76, I'm not very nown because I am new on the forum and I hope I'll become a part of the community. I have started competitive Pokemon 2 years ago, just before the Latias' and Salamence's ban so I play DPP and I started to play this generation since the beginning. Unfortuntely, I can't ladder too much because I ave problems with my Internet so I'm often disonnected from server and I loose points so I can't have a good peak and I won't post mine. About the theme of the RMT, it is Metroid, my faourite saga of video games and the title is a famous boss of the saga. For team raters, my team is from BW1 so please, don't do a Rate about the new metagame. I'll now present my team with a quick introduction which have the team building.

Like I said, I started competitive Pokemon 2 years ago. Since my beginning, I always loved play Semi-Stall/Bulky-Offensiv teams even if I couldn't in the begening of the generation with Darkrai, Skymin and Deo-A and also when Excadrill and Thundurus were commonly played. I have built this team 2 monthes after the last suspect test bcause it was annoying to always play classics team. Because I loved Semi-Stall in the last generation, I have tested it, I have hesitated a lot because a lot of Pokemon in OverUsed are really destructive. For example, Choice Bander Terrakion can 2HKO nearly the all metagame. There is also other dangerous Pokemon like dragons, Landorus,Volcarona, Alakazam and Reunilus. When I build a team, at first, I decid what weather I will have. I have tested all weathers, Sand Storm was efficace but a little classic, Sun was funny but not really great, Rain was a good experience but not as efficace as Sand Storm and Hail was excellent except Abomasnow because of his low bulk so I reback to Sand. At first, I have tested Tyranitar but I didn't like it because he has commons weaknesses and then I tested Hippowdon who I prefer widely because he has Slack Off and a better type. After, I decided a core, it isn't the most famous but it is really efficace, it is the Skarm/Gastrodon, it counters Sand Storm and Rain and the core of Skarmory and Hippowdon is broken by praticaly no physical threats. After, I wanted a counter to Sun, I tested Heatran, he was good but weak to Sun with Dug, fter, I tested Blissey, it allowed me to have the Skarm/Bliss but also Sun with Dug seemed dangerous and then I tested Latias, he isn't weak to Dugtrio and is a fantastic Late Game Sweeper. Special Sweepers like Tornadus, Alakazam, Gengar and Reuniclus seemed big problems even if I have Gatrodon so I added Jirachi who forms a great core with Gastrodon because there is praticaly no special threats that can break the core. For the last Pokemon, I decided to use a Spinner because Entry Hasards are a pain. I can't use Tentacruel n a Sand, Forretress isn't useful with Skarmory so I chose Defensive Rapid Spiner Starmie who fits good on Semi-Stall. I hope you enjoyed the introduction and now, let's go for the presentation of the team.

In-Depth

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Despite his low usage, Hippowdon is an excellent Pokemon for a stall team. She my Climate Inducer, my Stealth Rock user and also my first physical wall. I prefer use her instead of Tyranitar because she has Slack Off, she can often come on Sun teams while Tyranitar can't because of Dugtrio and Hippowdon hasn't got really common counters because she isn't as common as Tyranitar. She is a couter to an incredible number of physical Pokemon and with Skarmory, there is pratcialy no physical threats who can break the team. Terrakion is probably the most dangerous Pokemon in OverUsed and Hippowdon is only 3HKO by the Bander, fortunately, Latias can take Close Combat while she can take Stone Edge so he isn't a problem. It is also my first switch to Lucario, one of the biggest threat for my team. Hippowdon is also my second switch to Physical dragons, Outrage from Dragonite and Salamence on +1 only 3HKO her and to common physical sweepers like Scizor, Landorus, Jirachi etc. Hippowdon is argulably the best Climate Inducer because she has Slack Off whereas other Climate Inducer haven't got a reliable recovery move. He can easy come on Sun teams and Forretress, the most common Spiner is lure by Jirachi so with Spikes and Stealth Rock, the Weather War is easy to win. She can also easy come on Sand Storm because she is a counter to most of members of this type of team. Unfortunately, she can't easy come on Rain and Hail because they have a lot of super effectif moves. Other Climate Inducer except Abomasnow won't switch on him because Earthquake hits really hard. The repartition and the nature are straightforward, I need take physical hits harder as possible, I don't want to use a Specialy oriented spread because I'll be 2HKO by a lot of things, I just use 12 EVs in Special Defense for avoid the 2HKO of HP Ice from Landorus Expert Belt. Moves are really classics but Hipowdon doesn't need more. Stealth Rock is the best move in the game, it really helps for winning the Weather War, cripple Volcarona, a big threat for my team,the Volt-turn, Dragonite, it breaks Multiscale. A stab Earthquake from 112 base of attack is really powerful even without EVs in Attack. Slack Off is the move who makes him the best Climate Inducer and allows to take hits and then heal for take hits as longer as possible. For the last move, I used Roar but now I play for Ice Fang for GliscorSD Taunt, Landorus, Dragonite and Salamence because there was problems for my team.

Skarmory (F) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spd
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Skarmory is one of the best physical wall you can use in OU. She is my second physical wall, my Spiker and also my Phazer. It is my first switch to Scizor, Dragonite, Landorus, Gliscor, Breloom, Haxorus etc. She really helps me with Jirachi against DragMag because she counters physical dragons while Jirachi counters special dragons. Skarmory forms an excellen core with Gastrodon because the core counter a lot of Pokemon and also the Volt-turn. Of course, Defense is maximised, I would speed creep so I puted 16 EVs in Speed for outspeed other Skarmory which allows to use Whirlmind as the first, I can also reach 180 in speed which also to outspeed Jellicent, Politoed and CB Tyranitar, outspeed the last one is really important because he 2HKOes Skarmory. I choose Shed Shell because Offensive teams with Magnezone especialy DragMag are hard to take without Skarmory. The moveset is really obvious on Skarmory but she doesn't need more. Spikes are really obvious on Skarmory and help for weaken quickly. Roost is the needed recovery move. Whirlmind is excellent on Skarmory because she is an excellent phazer, I need it for SD, DD and Bulk Upper and also for abuse of Entry Hasards. For the last move, I need Brave because Skarmory will become taun-bait and it help to KO Conkeldurr, Scrafty, Toxicroak and Mienshao.

Gastrodon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

Gastrodon is one of the most underrated Pokemon but he is such a fantastic Pokemon. He is my main counter to Rain, he is incredible against Offense Rain because they generaly do nothing to he but I have to be carreful because most of them use. He is also my first counter to Rotom-W, Starmie, Volcarona and Hydreigon., big problems for semi-stall except the first one and a second switch to a lot of Special sweepers like Gengar, Tornadus, Reuniclus and Alakazam and Alakazam without Psyshock. They form an excellent specialy-defensve core, really hard to break. He also forms an excellent core with Skarmory because they counter a lot of combo especialy the Volt-turn who is complety block, Gastrodon complety blocks Rotom-W while Skarmory easy counters Scizor. The Special Defense is of course maximised because I don't need to take physical hits. Sassy was the best nature because I can't lose bulk or power and the lose of speed doesn't matter. Scald is a n excellent stab on Gastrodon, the burn is really helpful for Ferrothorn, the most common switch in. I use Earthquake because it does more damages to CM Jirachi, Tentacruel, Tyranitar, SubRona and Politoed than Earth Power. I don't need Ice Beam because Dragons aren't a problem however I really need Toxic for Jellicent, Lati@s, Politoed and Volcarona. Recover is the obvious recovery move.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 200 HP / 132 SAtk / 176 SDef
- Wish
- Thunder Wawe
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jirachi is an incredible Pokemon to use in a Stall team. He is my second special wall, he can absorb a lot of moves like Spec Hurricane, Draco Meteor and even Outrages from Dragon if I Hippowdon or Skarmory is weak. He is my main counter to Gengar, Tornadus, Lati@s, Reuniclus and Alakazam who are often big problems for a semi-stall team. Iron Head and Thunder Wave are obvious on Jirachi for paraflinch, I don't like Body Slam because when I played it, I lose a lot of face-off against Jirachi because I couldn't always paraflinch him. Wish is the obvious recovery move. HP Fire seems strange on Jirachi because he has Fire Punch but Fire Punch does nothing to Skarmory/Ferrothorn/Forretress/Scizor while the two first are 2HKO by HP Fire and the two last are OHKO. It is really important the three first on the switch and Scizor who would get a free U-turn beause they block Latias. Also, lure Forretress is really important for win the Weather War against Sun. EVs in SAtk allow to 2HKO Skarmory with Stealth Rock, in HP to resist to 2 Outrages from Dragonite and the remaining is in Special Defense for better take Special hits. I must use a Sassy nature because I can't loose bulk or power, loose Speed dosn't matter because I have Thunder Wave.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 8 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Starmie plays a really important Defensive role for my team as the Spiner, he is very reliable for Spin because he has Recover for Spin in the Late Game, Natural Cure for absorb Toxic Spikes and Starmie can also Spin on common Spikers, come on Heatran is really easy because he does nothing to Starmie, he can also easy come on Starmie, Forretress, Donphan and Tentacruel. Unfortunately, Starmie can't come on Ferrothorn and Tyranitar because they have super effective moves but they often switch on Starmie and they may get burn so after the burn, I can easy Spin on them. Starmie is also important as the revenge killer, he will revenge kill Terrakion, a bg threat for my team, Landorus, Gengar, Tornadus, Infernape etc... He is also a second switch to Rain. the EVs spread allows to outspeed Tornadus, I don't need outspeed other Starmie because I do nothing to them, the 8 EVs in Special Attack give me more luck to OHKO Terrakion with Psyshock after a Close Combat, the remaining is in HP and Defense for increase Starmie's bulk. Recover is the obvious recovery move. Rapid Spin for remove Entry Hasards. Scald for the stab and the may of burn which is really helpful against Tyranitar, Scizor and Ferrothorn. Psyshock for revenge kill Terrakion, Virizion and Gengar.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Refrsh

Last but not least, Latias, the Late Game Sweeper, she is really hard to stop after set-up Calm Mind. She is a check to a lot of common Pokemon use. She is also my conter to Sun, her bulk and her typing allow to easy stop Heatran, Venusaur, Dugtrio, Donphan etc. The only common Pokemon who that can beat Latias is Volcarona who is taking off by Gastrodon and who will die quickly with Entry Hasards if Forretress is the Spiner because he is lure by Jirachi. Latias is also a good second counter to Offensive Rain and my main counter to Rain Stall because they are extremly weak to her when phazer, especialy Nite and Skarmory are KO and steel especialy Ferrothorn are KO. Latas also really helps me against Offense Sand Storm because she is my only counter to Celebi Nasty Ploter and I really need her for take Close Combat from Terrakion. The EVs spread allos to outspeed Adamant Dragonite and maximised the physical bulk, I don't need the Spin because Starmie revenge kill a lot of Pokemon and I need the physical bulk for take Close Combat from Terrakion. Calm Mind is the obvious set-up move, Latias hits really hard after set-up one or two Calm Mind. Recover is the obvious recovery move. Dragon Pulse is Latias' best stab, only resisted by Steel. I use Refresh because I am weak to Rain stall without it.

IMPORTATION
Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Ice Fang​

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 8 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin​

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 200 HP / 132 SAtk / 176 SDef
- Wish
- Thunder Wawe
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Fire]​

Skarmory (F) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost​

Gastrodon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 248HP / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef
- Scald
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Toxic​

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover​

- Refresh

Conclusion

That's the end of the RMT. I hope you enjoyed the team. I am happy to post my first RMT and to sharing my best team. I urge you all to use my team and to suggest changements. I hope you will enjoy play my team. I won't post a complete threat list because I haven't got the time so I'll post my biggest threats. Major threats are Jellicent, Mienshao, Mixed Dragons especialy Salamence and Chesto Rest Volcarona. Thanks for reading my RMT, I really hope you enjoyed it. Bye.

hey

really great team dude, it's pretty solid. like you said, jellicent is a giant threat because you can't really do much to it while it can poison a lot of your pokemon while you can't really attempt to status it back because you'd lose a key team member. something to consider could be running a different pokemon over jirachi. heatran looks very promising in this spot, as it allows you to check sun teams that are problematic, and you can additionally tank outrage, draco meteor, hurricane, and more even better. while it isn't apparent, you also have a better way to mess with jellicent, as it fails to 3HKO you (if my memory doesn't fail me). a simple set with 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe with a calm nature and a moveset of lava plume, earth power, toxic, and roar should suit you well. this allows you to check nasty plot celebi if it doesn't carry earth power, though admittedly they usually do. however, you get a much better check to volcarona, and you are better able to handle sun teams that looked problematic. with a weather control core of gastrodon, skarmory, and heatran, you basically have most sweepers covered as best as possible. i really don't have much else to say man. cool team and good luck; i hope i helped!

Thanks for tour Rate and your luvdisc Harsha. Jellicent is really a giant threat. Generaly, he switches on Jirachi so I paralys him on the switch and I weaken him with EH and The Sand Storm and I finish him with who 3HKO with Latias While Jellicent is paralys and can't always use Toxic or WoW. Heatran is a good idea, I have tested him but I was weak to Tornadus, Reuniclus and Alakazam with Psyshock and Gengar. I'm not weak to Sun, there is only Volcarona who is problematic but I gaz Gastrodon who is only 3HKO by Bug Buzz on+1.

Thanks for your Rate, Electrolyte. Substitute is good on Latias but if I play it, I couldn't easy switch on Defensive Politoed and Latias won't win the face-off against Blissey and she couldn't switch on Defensive Pokemon.

Magma

Great team Skarm! Bulky-Offense/Semi-Stall teams are very hard to build; however, you seem to have the play-style down to a science. I really like how your two bulky wallbreakers, Jirachi and Latias, synergize perfectly together offensively and defensively. They also fit nicely with your solid defensive core. The only thing I disagree with is limiting your team to BW1 - the team looks like it can easily hold it's own in BW2.

Personally, I wouldn't change a single Pokemon on your roster (although Starmie's synergy is a little redundant, but I guess it's speed and ability to revenge/spin make it a must-have.) The only thing I'm suggesting is 252 HP EVs, Substitute > Wish, and Thunder > Thunderwave on Jirachi. These minor switches maintain Jirachi's survivabilty and ability to ParaFlinch, while also turning it to a more potent offensive weapon. With these changes, your first Bulky Wall Breaker can tear down even more Walls such as Jellicent, since super-effective Thunders hit it pretty hard and none of Standard Jellicent's attacks (Scald, Shadow Ball, and Night Shade) can break Jirachi's Subs in one hit.

That's all I have my friend, good luck.

Thanks for your Rate and the luvdisc. I Will test Substitute on Jirachi but I Will lose Staying power so I think Wish is better however I won't test Thunder because of The Bad accuracy. I Will maybe do a revamp for BW2, Thanks to say That.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Heya. Nice stall team, and nice team name. However, there are a few problems that I've encountered with your team. First off, Mother Brain was a better boss than Kraid! However, that comment is pure flavor preference. Now, onto the (more) serious section of this rate. Sub and ChestoRest Volcarona are both massive threats for your team to deal with. The former can pick up a Sub against your Latias and Jirachi, and proceed to use them as set-up fodder. At +1, a Substitute Volcarona can deal 43.76% - 51.53% to your Gastrodon, an easy 2HKO after Stealth Rock, meaning that you'll be stuck in the conflict between recovering Gastrodon's lost health or breaking Volcarona's subs with Earthquake, all while risking the loss of your best defense against it. ChestoRest Volcarona is an even tougher opponent for your team to beat. I'd hate to be the guy to remove a vestige of creativity in your team, but I'd recommend the use of Blissey over Jirachi in your team. You have enough of a buffer against Fighting-types in Latias and Hippowdon, and Jirachi isn't doing anything that Skarmory can't, besides the obvious paralysis support. Blissey is also commonly seen as set-up fodder by Pokemon such as Forretress, Ferrothorn, and Scizor, so it can act as a lure for them.

To be honest with you, Mienshao isn't too much of a threat, since you have Starmie, which OHKOs the common variants (0/0) with Psyshock. To deal with MixMence, which seems to be the main problem dragon, I'd recommend the use of Ice Beam over Recover on Starmie. The loss of recovery won't be noticeable thanks to your use of a Wish passer, and due to the fact that Starmie is faster than it, you can OHKO it without too many problems. Other than that, I can't say much else.

Sets:

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers | Natural Cure
Bold Nature | 252 Def / 180 SpA / 76 Spe | 0 Atk
Flamethrower | Thunder Wave | Wish | Seismic Toss

Nitpicks:

Recover ----> Ice Beam

With the Blissey set given above, you maintain your paralysis support and lure position, but you obtain a more reliable solution for winning against Volcarona. Wish helps keep your team alive, so that's always good. With that being said, good luck with your team!

Just a nitpick; you need Jirachi for beating CM Reuniclus, Gengar, Psyshock Alakazam / Latios and so on. If you do want to go with Blissey you'll at the least need to run one of Roar or Psyshock on your own Latias so you can beat most Reuniclus variants.

Solid team you have here. To fix most of the threats to your team, I would suggest usingHeatran over Jirachi to help beat down jellicents and non-hp ground volcs. However, hp ground volcs will destroy you, but I really don't know what to do about them. In addition, I would suggest moving some defense EVs into special defense on Hippowdon to help take mix dragons. Finally, to help ease the reuniclus weakness the team has without Jirachi, try using Clear Smog on Gastrodon. Clear Smog lets you clear all of reuniclus's boosts, allowing you to PP stall it to death. (You might also considering adding defense EVs to always live a crit LO +0 0 SpA psyshock.)

Thanks for Rates and luvdiscs.

Trinitrotoluene : Chesto Rest and subRona are big problems for my team but if I see Volcarona in the team preview, I'll double switch on Gastrodon. Blissey is a good idea but I'll be weak to Reuniclus, Alakazam and Gengar ,if Latias has Roar, I'll be really weak to Stall so I prefer Jirachi but I'll test your set on an other team because it seems really great. Also, MixMence isn't a giant threat with the pivoting, Gastrodon can come on all moves except Outrages, Skarmory can come on all moves except Fire Blast and he will die quickly with SR, the Sand Storm and the LO.

bubbly : I know that and it's one of the biggest to don't use Blissey.

zzazzdsa : Thanks for the luvdisc. Volcarona isn't a giant threat because I have Gastrodon who is only 3HKO by a +1 Bug Buzz. I prefer Jirachi because I'll be weak to Reuniclus, Alakazam and Tornadus. However, I'll test Clear smog, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)