Team shadow devour....my OU team

Okay i have this entire team ready, but i need to make sure it is put together well enough. The basic idea of this team, i guess could be physically bulky/offensive sandstorm.

But enough of that. Here we go!

Pokemon 1:

Tyranitar @ ?
Ability:Sandstream
EVs:252 att 252 sp ark 128 atk 128 Aos
Nature:Adamant
- Dragon Dance
- Fire blast/dark pulse
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake/crunch

Tyranitar is one of the pokes on my team that can set up sandstorms. The beauty of it is i can either send up first against pokes like skarmory or ferrowthorn (AKA things that resist hippowdon), or i could send it in later in game to reset the sandstorm, set up, and sweep.
For the moveset. Move one is Dragon Dance. I choose dragon dance due to the fact that with tyranitar's impressive attack stat it only needs one to go on a rampage. Move two is a toss up between two special moves to make use of the ev's im putting in special attack: Fireblast (for coverage) or Dark pulse for STAB and to deal with the ghost and psychic types that lurk in OU. Move three is stone edge for a strong STAB that messes up ice and flying types. Move four however is another tossup between: Earthquake (coverage) or Crunch (for ghost and psychic).

Pokemon 2:
Heatran@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs:252 Sp att 4 Hp 252 speed
Nature: Modest
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [ice]
Hetran is here to take the grass attacks (for tyranitar, slowbro, and hyppowdon), ice (for gliscor), and psychic (for terrikon). Hetran was chosen for it’s amazing special attack and multiple rescictances that can be switched into.
Dragon pulse for the first move, due to the fact that is resisted only by steel (which I highly doubt would switch into a heatran) and to hurt any dragon I come across. For move two I chose flamethrower, for the reasons of it can last longer than fire blast/over heat and doesn’t cripple heatran like over heat. Move three is Earth Power for coverage and Move four is Hidden power ice to deal with dragon and ground.

Pokemon 3:
Hippowdon@ Leftovers
Ability: Sandstream
EVs:252 def 244 Hp 12 att
Nature: Impish
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Slack Off
As I stated earlier with Tyranitar, hippowdon can also be sent in at different points in battle. In the Beginning to set up Sand storm and Stealth rocks. Or later in battle to wall my opponent.
For move one I choose Stealth Rocks to give my opponent some entry hazards and to break sashes. For move two I chose earthquake for a strong coverage STAB, Ice fang for move three to counter other grounds/dragons and slack off for move four for a healing move.

Pokemon 4:
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs:252 def 34 Sp att 252 Sp def
Nature: Bold
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
At this point you are probably wondering. Why is he using a slowbro as opposed to empoleon? The reason for that is because slowbro is meant to take the hits for tyranitar. Something empoleon couldn’t do. Also with leftovers, slackoff and regenerator, sandstorm wont be as harmful if not at all.
For the move set I chose a stall/cripple set. I put Scald for move one because it is a semi strong STAB that has the chance of burning which can cripple most physical attackers. Psyshock is move two to harm fighting, poison, and blissey. Moves three and Four are Slack off (for recovery and stalling) and Thunderwave (to cripple and give the rest of the team and edge on that foe).

Pokemon 5:
Gliscor@ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs:252 Hp 184 def 72 spe
Nature: Impish
- Sword Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Façade
I choose gliscor next to switch into ground or fighting attacks. With poison heal, Toxic is rendered useless and Poison attacks pointless.
This set rotates around move one (sword Dance), move two is for coverage along with move three, and Façade abuses The poison and hurts all but steel and ghost.

Pokemon 6:
Terrikon @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs:252 att 4 Hp 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
Terrikon is here to switch into any dark types in OU. With justified (when hit by dark) and choice band Terrikon can KO anything not set up.
For the moveset I went with Stone edge and close combat for STAB. Quick attack is for priority and earthquake is for coverage.

SO give me any helpful advice

Hello! I'm somewhat confused as you posted this, then edited it out while I was typing my response, then posted it again, without changing anything? Haha w/e.

Anyways, you should not run fire blast or dark pulse on Adamant tyranitar. Adamant decreases your Special Attack. Those moves will not be powerful enough, especially with your weird EV spread. Fire blast can hit ferrothorn I suppose, but dark pulse is useless. Your EV spread is really weird however. If you insist on using DD Tar I recommend just max speed and attack, with DD, Stone Edge, Crunch, and Fire Punch.
If you find Tyranitar not working, you should switch to a mixed attacker set,

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Sassy
252 HP / 64 SpA / 192 SpD
~ Stealth Rock
~ Crunch
~ Fire Blast
~ Ice Beam

I feel like it would fit your team a bit better.

On Heatran, Dragon Pulse and HP Ice are completely redundand. I recommend HP Ice, however I would change your Heatran set completely. Currently 5! of your 6 guys are weak to water! If you want to keep Heatran, change him to a Specially Defensive set, which can cripple Bulky waters and check certain special threats.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm nature
248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe

~ Lava Plume
~ Roar
~ Protect
~ Toxic / Will-O-Wisp

If you give Tyranitar SR, Hippowdon can be replaced because right now I feel like he doesn't really fit into this team. With Heatran changed, your team could use a powerful Special Attacker, one who especially resists Water and Grass. I would use Latias, perhaps calm mind Latias?

Latias @ Leftovers
Timid
252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Calm Mind
~ Recover
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Hidden Power Fire
252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

Latias would bring both bulk, power, and nice resistances to your team.

With Hippo gone, Gliscor should definitely be switched to the standard Poison Heal defensive one, that can serve as a physical wall and a nice check against many powerful physical threats.

Gliscor @ Poison Orb
252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish
~ Substitute
~ Protect
~ Earthquake
~ Toxic

Slowbro looks cool, I personally like him a lot. His EV's look a bit weird, I would just use the standard 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpA

Finally Terrakion. As awesome as Choice Band set is, you need a fast powerful guy to check dangerous mons like Thunderous, Tornadus, etc. You should definitely give the Scarf set a chance, it provides an excellent check to it.

Phew, that was a lot of typing! I hope you consider some of my recommendations :)

Wow that's a lot of suggestions. The problem is its goin to be hard for me to catch a right natured Latias with good ivs

I will try everything else you suggested though, thanks you so much !

Any one else got more rates to give me?

OK, you seem to be very determined that Sand comes out on top of other weathers, which explains your choice of two weather inducers. This is normally a fine strategy, but if you go this route it's recommended that you at least pack two Sand abusers (there are plenty, such as Landorus, Sandslash and Stoutland). I second Avatar Korra's suggestion that you change Tyranitar from the DD variant (also I don't understand those EVs?), to the bulky Stealth Rock setter. This is the set:

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Sand Stream / Careful
EVs: 252 HP - 4 Atk - 252 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

The moves give you the best coverage available to Tyranitar, while having two Dark-type moves means that Tyranitar can always dispose of SubDisable Gengar, which is a threat to your team. Superpower insures that Lucario and Terrakion will be unable to use Tyranitar as setup fodder. The Chople Berry means that you can take out Reuniclus with ease (2 Crunches will KO it) and Ttar won't be defeated by Focus Blast (which will also hopefully miss :P). It also obviously lets you take out Alakazam, Gengar and Hydreigon. Alternatively, you could run Fire Blast with a Sassy nature, as this would allow you to dispose of Skarmory, which is annoying for your team to face. Fire Blast should probably go over Pursuit or Crunch in this case.

Next, you have a huge weakness to fast and powerful Pokemon such as Starmie, Tornadus-T, Infernape, Gengar, Lati@s and Alakazam. Your Heatran set is quite inefficient, and there's a reason Choice Scarf isn't as common this gen as last gen: it's simply not quite fast enough or powerful enough. Also, using both Dragon Pulse and Hidden Power Ice is redundant. I'd replace Heatran with a Choice Band Stoutland, as it can revenge kill all of these threats and go on a lategame sweep with its powerful Returns. Here's the set:

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Sand Rush / Adamant
EVs: 4 HP - 252 Atk - 252 Spe
- Return
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Wild Charge

Stoutland is both faster and more powerful than Heatran, and really benefits from the more powerful Terrakion's ability to soften up the opponent's team at the start of the match. Pursuit also allows you to eliminate troublesome Starmies, Gengars and Lati@s, should Tyranitar fail. Meanwhile, Superpower and Wild Charge allow you to take out Shell Smash Cloyster and Keldeo, other Pokemon who after one turn of setup easily sweep you. So basically Stoutland would act as your insurance as a load of powerful threats that beat you, and as a top-notch late-game sweeper to boot.

If you accept my suggestion of replacing Heatran with Stoutland, your team will have lost it's only Steel-type, and thus your only Dragon resist. Not to worry though, with Tyranitar packing Stealth Rock, Hippowdon is entirely replaceable (and pretty much redundant with both Gliscor and Slowbro on the team). I'd recommend a Specially Defensive Jirachi in Hippowdon's place (this also means that you'd have 2 special walls and 2 physical walls, respectively Tyranitar/Jirachi and Slowbro/Gliscor, who all also boast a nice offensive presence). Use the following set:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace / Careful
EVs: 240 HP - 32 Def - 224 SpD
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Fire Punch / Protect

The EVs prevent you from being 2HKOd by Haxorus' Outrage, the HP EVs give a Leftovers number, and the rest is dumped into SpD to take special hits better. Jirachi also gives you insurance against the threatening CM Reuniclus, although unfortunately it's not a 100% sure-fire check. Fire Punch means that you can maim Scizor, Forretress and Ferrothorn, as your team would lack a Fire attack in the absence of Heatran. Protect is also an option to keep Jirachi in good health without relying on flinchhax.

The rest of your team seems good, although I see no point to both Ice Fang and Facade on Gliscor. The only Pokemon you're hitting with Ice Fang that isn't already hit by the combo of Earthquake and Facade is Gengar, and with the changes I made (Pursuit Ttar, Stoutland and Jirachi), Gengar shouldn't be a problem for you anymore. Facade even does more damage to Skarmory than Ice Fang (70 BP vs. 65 BP). I'd suggest Taunt here, to make Gliscor an effective stallbreaker, and to prevent Skarmory from ever beating you (which is actually an annoying Pokemon for your team). Roost and Substitute are also good options.

I hope I helped, and good luck with the team! (Also it might look cooler if you added pics, just saying :P)

My one and only Bump.
I have integrated all of Avatar Korra's changes and they've been working out great. I will now implement Cherub Agent's suggestions and then decide which is more effective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)