Maxim vs Complications (1 vs 1 on the Arena).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Maxim said:
Anyway, if Comp ends up doing a training match, then I'll set up my own challenge.

1v1 Training Singles (Bring whatever you want, I'll bring my Combusken.)
2 Day DQ
ASB Arena
0 Recoveries/3 Chills
Complications said:
@ Maxim
I'll take that!
Can we do all abilities and no items?
Maxim said:

Combusken [Stocke] (M)
Nature: Quiet (Special Attack increased by *, Speed lowered by 15%, -10% Evasion)

Type:
Fire:
Fire STAB; immune to burn, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:
Blaze:
(Innate)
When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Speed Boost (DW): (Innate) Pokemon with this ability increase their speed as the battle progresses, boosting it one (1) stage at the end of each round at the cost of 2% of their energy. This overrides the normal drop in stats that ocurs at the end of each round (stats other than Speed are still affected).

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 47 (55/1.15)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 8/9
MC: 0
DC: 4/5

Attacks (20):
Scratch
Growl
Focus Energy
Ember
Double Kick
Peck
Sand Attack
Fire Spin
Quick Attack
Flamethrower
Sky Uppercut
Flare Blitz

Agility
Counter
Night Slash

Protect
Aerial Ace
Fire Blast
Dig
Will-o-Wisp

Thanks for reffing.

As for your hall, I'll try to ref it now.

Complications said:
Ok so I don't feel like BSing Maxim, so I'll do my best to choose an equal mon. However, I have no equal Pokemon, so I'll pick the closest match.

Privatyke (Anarchy) Male

Nature: Brave (+Atk, -Spe, -10 ACC)

Water:*Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Fighting:*Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:
Unaware
Type: (Innate)*
When this Pokemon is released, a light aura enshrouds the opponent, nullifying all stat boosts or reductions other than Speed, it remains while this Pokemon is active.

Klutz (DW)
Type: (Can be disabled)*
The Pokemon moves in a rare style of battling that uses an unpredictable, clumsy looking manner. The accuracy of its attacks are increased by 10% (flat). While engaging in this style it cannot use a hold item, however an item is necessary to pull it off.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 31 (30.4>31)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 15

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks
Bubble (*)
Smokescreen (*)
Yawn (*)
Wrap *(*)
Chip Away (*)
Arm Thrust (*)
Aqua Jet(*)

Rock Blast (*)
Recover (*)
Circle Throw(*)

Waterfall (*)
Earthquake (*)
Ice Beam (*)

Order of Operations:
Maxim sends out Combusken with no item (no post necessary)
Complication sends out Privatyke with no item with orders
Maxim gives orders
I Ref.

Can I use 2 subs? If not, only apply the first one.

Ok Anarchy, time for to reveal yourself to the world! Let's show Maxim here what it means to tangle with a pirate!

Waterfall-Earthquake-Waterfall
If Cbisken uses Counter, use Circle Throw during that action.
If Combusken uses Will-O-Wisp, sub that action for Aqua Jet~Aqua Jet (and then the next action is a cool down)

"Interesting. Well, I'll teach you that a type advantage isn't everything. Stocke, let's send this wannabe pirate to Davy Jones!"

"Roger."

Will-o-Wisp~Aerial Ace~Aerial Ace

Frosty

=_=

Hp: 90
EN: 100
3/2/4/2/47
Other:

HP: 100
EN: 100
4/3/2/2/30
Other: Needs for his trainer to round DOWN his speed.

I don't know what is funnier here: one trainer that thinks that sending a privatyke vs a combusken is fair game or the other trainer thinking said combusken has a chance.

haha but I digress.

Stocke the Combusken starts the match by burning his foe with Will-o-Wisp, while Anarchy the Privatyke responds with a mighty Waterfall that dealt good damage despite the burn.

On the following turn Stocke goes offensive with....Aerial Ace. I guess the definition of "offensive" change form people to people. Once again Anarchy responds with true offense, an Earthquake.

Finally, we see Aerial Ace again, once this time with a Critical hit and Anarchy responds with Waterfall.

aaaaand this might end soon enough.

NOTE: When the numbers of subs isn't specified, it is 2 for FE battles and 1 for NFE, so this is 1 sub.

Combusken: Will-o-Wisp for 6 energy
Hit: 4 (yes)

Privatyke: Waterfall: (8 + 3 - 3 + 3)*1.5 = 16.5 damage for 5 energy
Crit: 4 (no)
-2hp due to burn

Combusken: Aerial Ace: 6*1.5= 9 damage for 4 energy
Crit: 5

Privatyke: Earthquake: (10+3-3)*1.5=15 damage for 7 energy
Crit: 7
-2hp

Combusken: Aerial Ace: (6+3)*1.5= 13.5 damage for 8 energy
Crit: 1 (yes)

Privatyke: Waterfall: (8 + 3 - 3 + 3)*1.5 = 16.5 damage for 5 energy
Crit: 4 (no)
-2hp due to burn

Hp: 42
EN: 82
3/2/4/2/47
Other:

HP: 71
EN: 83
4/3/2/2/30
Other: Burned and Needs for his trainer to round DOWN his speed.

Hahahaha, I believe this should do it.
Aqua Jet+Waterfall-Cooldown-Aqua Jet+Waterfall
I've heard people dislike it when I use the ~ for combinations. Haters be hatin', but here ya' go. Also Frosty, I've been told by the approval team in the prize collection thread that no matter what, speed rounds up. The standard rules don't apply.

Frosty

=_=
How odd. If you check the Registration Tower, post #4, for example, it says that when speed is negative it is rounded down.

BUT it may have been something that changed while I was away, so ignore.

Hp: 42
EN: 82
3/2/4/2/47
Other:

HP: 71
EN: 83
4/3/2/2/30
Other: Burn

You both should try more powerful moves, you know?

Privatyke: COMBO Aqua Jet + Waterfall: (2 + 8 + 3 - 3 + 3)*1.5= 19.5 damage for (4+10)*1.5 - 1 = 20 energy
Flinch: 1 (yes)
NOTE: According to DAT when a priority move is used in a combo with a non priority move, its base power is halved (hence the 2 extra BP due to Aqua Jet)
-2hp due to burn

Combusken : flinch

Combusken: Dig: 8 damage for 10 energy

Privatyke: COMBO Aqua Jet + Waterfall: (2 + 8 + 3 - 3 + 3)*1.5= 19.5 damage for (8+14)*1.5 - 1 = 32 energy
Crit:7
Flinch: 3 (no)
-2hp due to burn

Combusken: Dig: 8 damage for 14 energy
Crit: 5

Hp: 3
EN: 58
3/2/4/2/47
Other:

HP: 55
EN: 31
4/3/2/2/30

I forgot that Priority attacks lose 1/2 power in combos... *facepalms* Oh well, Combusken is KOable now.
Cooldown-Aqua Jet-Aqua Jet
If Combusken uses an evasive attack, use Waterfall, but only once.

"What do you expect me to use, Flare Blitz? I...hmm....you know, that might not be such a bad idea."

Flare Blitz+Sky Uppercut Combo~Cooldown (Chill)~Evasive Agility.

Frosty

=_=

Hp: 3
EN: 58
3/2/4/2/47
Other:

4/3/2/2/30

KAMIKAZE CHICKEN

Combusken: COMBO (Flare Blitz + Sky Uppercut): Fire Type: ((12+9)+3+2)*0.67= 17.42 damage for 20 energy

all great until recoil ended this

Combusken fainted!

Hp: KO
EN: KO
3/2/4/2/47
Other:

4/3/2/2/30

Prizes:
Maxim: 1CC
Combusken: 1EC, 2MC, 1DC

Complications: 1CC
Privatyke: 1EC, 2MC, 1DC, 1KOC

Frosty: 2UC

]]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)