Mach Aviation (peaked #1 and #2 at the same time).

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Introduction:

Hello all you RU players out there, I am Molk, and this is my RU RMT. I had been in sort of a teambuilding slump for the past week or so before i made this team in early september, i really couldnt make a team that i really liked. Many of them were solid, but a lot of them were also sort of boring to play, which made me scrap them. Some guy on irc (i think it was august or something, idr) Started talking about how Swellow was a really good late game sweeper in DPP UU, and how it was nearly unstoppable late game once its best counters had been weakened. I knew what i had to do, i went on PS and built a team around the bird. A lot of Swellow's checks and counters (things like steelix, rhydon etc) Are vulnerable to hazards damage, so i decided to go the Smeargle offense route. I tried it for a few matches on the ladder and was very satisfied with the results, Swellow was able to easily clean up any team that didnt have a choice scarf pokemon or rock/steel in the wings. I used the team for the entire month and was able to peak at both #1 and #2 on the ladder at the same time, after the ladder reset, i was also able to peak at #1 and #2 once again rather easily. Its time for tier shifts and the metagame might be shaken up a bit, so i decided to retire this team for now. I hope you enjoy the RMT :).

Ladder Peaks pre reset

The team in depth:

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Im sure we all know what Smeargle does by now, but ill explain anyway. Smeargle is one of, if not the best hazard setters in the tier. the ability to set up both Stealth Rock and Spikes reliably in one teamslot is already hard to pass up, but combine that with arguably the best move in the game, Spore, and you have a monster on your hands. Using Smeargle is simple, against slower opponents, set up stealth rock first, then spore them the next turn. Against faster opponents, cripple them with spore first, then either start setting up hazards or Whirlwind them out. Against Aerodactyl, lead with something that can beat it =). Smeargle serves many purposes on this team, for one thing, it is obviously the hazard setter here, consistently setting up SR + a layer of spikes for my team. If i can keep hazards off of my side of the field, Smeargle can also serve as an emergency stop to many threatening sweepers such as Fraxure and Lilligant. If my sash is still intact, Smeargle can put them to sleep with spore, and phaze them out of the match. Smeargle's spore also comes in handy when i need to stop a spinner. Smeargle outspeeds all the spinners worth using except offensive cryogonal and handily puts them to sleep with spore, stopping them from removing my hazards. I chose whirlwind here over explosion mainly because i feel Smeargle is too easy to set up on without it, once sleep clause activates pretty much anything that can take an explosion can set up on Smeargle, and if they happen to have sub, im in trouble. OTR cofagrigus is also completely immune to explosion, leaving smeargle a sitting duck without WW.

Possible Changes:
none, Smeargle is fine, but i do like using a level 1 berry juice pineco in this slot from time to time for fun :).​

Gallade (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Shadow Sneak

Gallade is one of my favorite Pokemon in RU at the moment, its just SO GOOD. If nothing else its one of the best teammates a Swellow could ask for. I added Gallade to take on a wallbreaking role, and also to help swellow out with his bulky Rock/Steel type problems. Gallade is also my first switch in for Nidoqueen, who cant OHKO it with anything except maybe Shadow Ball, and KO back with Zen Headbutt. With a jolly nature Gallade can also stop opposing Smeargle from setting up anything more than stealth rock on me, Lum berry cures me of sleep, and i just CC/ZH away. Gallade smashes walls really nicely, being able to set up on the majority of them, and 2hko most of them at the least. The Lum Berry also stops any attempts of statusing gallade while it sets up a Swords Dance. Gallade's Shadow Sneak is actually the weakest damaging move on this team, but its very important. With some hazards up Gallade can actually KO some faster pokemon with a +2 shadow sneak, it also allows Gallade to pick off things like really weakened Lilligant and the likes. Speaking of Lilligant, Gallade also helps a lot with stopping her from sweeping me. It can take a +1 Giga drain without much trouble, and can also take a Sleep Powder thanks to its Lum Berry! As mentioned before, Gallade forms a very threatening offensive core with Swellow. Swellow lures in the many Rock and Steel-types in RU, and with proper prediction, can net Gallade a free switch into one of these pokemon with U-turn, and possibly even a free Swords Dance! In return, Gallade breaks down all these walls for Swellow, and also weakens anything else the bird might not be able to KO initially.

Possible changes:
none, Gallade is here to stay, there is no damn way im replacing this atm​

Swellow @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Protect

Swellow is the MVP of this team, no questions asked. Its what i built this team around, and its very important to this teams success. Swellow kinda struggles early game despite its power and speed thanks to all the priority and Steelix in RU, but late game is where this bird really shines. As i mentioned in the introduction, a lot of Swellow's counters can easily be weakened simply by setting up multiple layers of entry hazards on the opposing team. Most of them are grounded, and very few of them have reliable recovery, having to rely on leftovers or a teammates support to restore their hp. Once i get at least Stealth Rock and 1 layer of spikes out against the opposing team, Swellow is good to go. Every time i can get Swellow in after this, all i have to do is predict their switch in, and U-turn to one of my teammates who can take on the pokemon who came in (Usually Gallade or Sceptile). Once these threats reach a certain range of hp, i can KO them with facade as they come in, and most likely win the game right then and there. Swellow is also a useful emergency check for things like sceptile, who Swellow outspeeds and OHKOs with any attack. Some people may say Quick Attack is the better option on Swellow, but protect has been so useful for me. it really helps guarentee that ill activate my status orb during the match, and it also helps with the rare weather/trick room teams, slowing them down considerably. Protect also trolled fake out hitmonlee, lol. Overall, people need to use Swellow more, and it surely deserves RU status imo.

Possible Changes:
None, Swellow was what i built around, and thus it is staying no matter what pretty much​

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Trait: Weak Armor
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

Kabutops has found its way into all of my teams for quite a while now, and for good reason, Kabutops is an incredible Pokemon, and its quite possibly the best pokemon in the tier bar Nidoqueen. Kabutops is always my go to when i need a Rapid Spinner, and because Swellow is weak to stealth rock, i just HAD to use this guy. Kabutops isnt dead weight outside of Rapid Spin either, the fossil hits like a damn Truck, OHKOing every ghost in the tier at +2 after stealth rock damage, making it much easier to pull off a Rapid Spin (it doesnt need to sometimes, because its game over right there a lot of the time, lol). Kabutops is also my check to Moltres, Aerodactyl, Archeops, Magmortar, and Entei, among other things. Kabutops can come in either on a resisted move or after a KO and either KO them with Aqua jet, or force them out, giving me a free Swords Dance/Chance to hit their Kabutops check with a STAB Stone Edge. Kabutops also serves as my secondary general revenge killer, and between him and Entei, few Pokemon can actually sweep me even if they have a boost under their belt. TL;DR, Kabutops spins, hits like a truck, sweeps, and checks a ton of top threats, it is a 10/10 Pokemon that deserves its spot in the top 10 of the RU stats.

Possible changes:
ive considered running waterfall over Rapid Spin, but the move is just too invaluable.

Entei @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Entei has been a top threat ever since the beginning of RU, and BW2 is no exception, Entei still stands tall as one of the best physical attackers and revenge killers in RU. Entei is the main "glue" of this team, because its great for checking so many big threats in this metagame, Including but not limited to Sceptile, Accelgor, Absol, Klinklang, Hitmonlee, Lilligant, Jynx and Escavalier. When entei isnt doing the job of revenge killer, its blasting walls to bits with its STAB flare blitz, which can 2hko even slowking with enough hazard damage. If Entei can come in on something slower than it, something is probably going to DIE, no questions asked, it hits that hard. Im using a Life Orb Entei set at the moment to be able to freely switch moves, allowing me to KO Kabutops and Omastar on the switch, while still having enough power with extremespeed to check what i need to check. I have considered running a Flame Plate on Entei, though, the recoil gets in the way a lot, and sometimes Entei dies from recoil right when i really need it. Entei is also surprisingly bulky, and the recoil hampers this sometimes. Entei is pretty much a very straightforward pokemon, and pretty much everyone who has played RU knows how good it is.

Possible Changes:
Flame Plate or Leftovers> Life orb, thoughts?

Sceptile (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Focus Blast

I cannot describe how much i love Subtile, its one of my favorite sets in RU right now, and boy is it effective. I have used this Sceptile on almost every team i needed a grass type for ever since TropiOUs and i made The Queen's tyranny, another team with a similar offensive core. Sceptile forces a lot of switches with its amazing speed and good coverage, which makes getting a substitute up easy, and when you can just substitute to Overgrow range to pull off a nuclear Giga Drain, the power of Leaf Storm isnt missed that much. Sceptile helps my team out with anything that was still problematic after the first 5 pokemon, mainly Kabutops, Omastar, Crawdaunt and Bulky Waters. Sceptile can come in on any of Kabutops's usual moves bar stone edge and get a free substitute out of it, which often spells doom my opponent. Omastar hates Sceptile as well, as it prevents it from getting a shell smash against me, which is perfectly capable of sweeping me if its able to get a boost. Lanturn, Slowking, Quagsire, Poliwrath, Rhydon, Aggron, and Shitty as fuck Sandslash also fear Sceptile if it can get in safely, giving me a buffer against these threats (except Sandslash, who isnt a threat). Sceptile, despite its grass typing also checks moltres as well, thanks to its ability to OHKO the bird with hidden power rock (why do PS kids switch this shit in on subtile, seriously). I originally had Rotom-C in this slot, but i really felt the freedom to switch moves was pretty much required after losing to last pokemon Volt Switch resists a few times :/. So i chose Sceptile to replace it. I will say, replacing rotom was surely worth it, and im happy i made this change.

Possible changes:
pretty much every grass type could fit in this slot, i just prefer sceptile due to its speed, which helps a lot.​

Threatlist:
Major:

Fraxure is very scary if it gets up a dragon dance, and thanks to eviolite, its mono dragon typing, and ability to outspeed even swellow at +1, its much easier for fraxure to set up on me than say, lilligant or omastar. I can stop it if i can get it into KO range for one of my priority moves, but overall this thing is the biggest threat to this team by far ;-;.

Hax: no explanation needed

Minor:

Druddigon is a pain in the ass thanks to its good bulk, mono dragon typing, and incredible attack stat, its not as annoying as fraxure thanks to its low speed, but it usually gets one KO, which can be very crucial to the outcome of the match.

Cincinno is annoying simply because of the fact that it OHKOs smeargle through focus sash, and nothing on my team can take more than one hit but Swellow and Sceptile can revenge kill it in a pinch, its also weak to priority.

Lilligant is a threat to almost any team without a sap sipper/roselia, and if left to set up without getting put into espeed KO range, it can sweep my team ;_;. Thankfully gallade can take a +1 LO giga drain and close combat back early game, and entei's extremespeed can take her out.

Conclusion: i have had a LOT of fun using this team over the past month, and im very happy to RMT it, Swellow is a very underrated pokemon and should be used more for sure, try him out if you want =).

Importable for all of you too lazy to make your own Swellow team:
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Gallade (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Shadow Sneak

Swellow @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Protect

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Trait: Weak Armor
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

Entei @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Sceptile (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Focus Blast

I'm surprised this doesn't have any rates yet, this is a very solid and I can't of much that you could change without wrecking the teams synergy. I faced this team a few times and well played Electric Pokemon can be a bit of trouble, I'm sure its nothing you can't play around anyway. Overall really solid team, Luvdisc'd

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Good team mate, this rate's gonna be short as there isn't much to say. The only thing I can suggest is using Memento instead of Whirlwind on Smeargle. This can seem very odd, but the purpose of using Memento is being able to "explode" on Kabutops/other spinner to avoid your hazards being removed, while not leaving you hopeless against Cofagrigus (you can just Memento on Cofagrigus to force it out). Oh and I would definitely use Flame Plate on Entei, not just because of the recoil but because it lets you catch Omastar/Kabutops by surprise.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
EWWWWW, YOU USE A PC

I've lost respect for you Molk.

I also like Flame Plate on Entei, as most people expect Entei to be choiced, aso the fact that you can bluff it can make playing with Entei easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)