Rise of the Tideborn

Rise of the Tideborn
Beware of Frogs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The "Light Blue" words are the changes
( if you're having a hard time reading those light blue words, high light it :D )

Introduction

Hi guys. This is my first attempt to build a team in BW2 after being inspired watching my cousin's Black 2 wifi battle. This may not be good as you expected, but hope you find it good. LOL sounds weird, this is also my first RMT thingy after being influenced by my cousin, he told me that smogon would help me a lot on building pokemon team. So here it is.

Teambuilding Process

I obviously needed drizzle on making rain team, and I love frogs. Lmao.

I then added Jirachi on my team because of his large movepool and a great bulky support in rain teams. And I added Toxicroak because I love frogs and his ability Dry Skin, I know that Toxicroak is pretty hard to manage, but when it is all set, Toxicroak can handly almost anything!

I knew I couldn’t always rely on Toxicroak's Substitute Bulk up set because it's only good under the rain; so I added Rotom-W to make a scouting move like Volt-Switch and Rotom-W have a good moves that surely is useful.

Then i added Volcarona on my team. Volcarona might seem confusing to some of you. While it might seem very strange to stick Volcarona, a Fire-type, on a rain team. Volcarona's Hurricane can be a hit on tha rain because of its accuracy will become 100% accurate. It also gives my rain teams a huge weapon to use against sun teams, since Volcarona is ridiculously powerful in the sun.

I wanted something that can force the opponent to switch pokemon, so I think Parasect might be a good pokemon on my rain team. With its ability Dry Skin and 100% accurate Sleep (Spore). It will surely hit the spot.

But i realized that my team is lack of Ice moves to counter an anxious Dragon, so I removed Parasect and added Jynx on the team. Jynx have also had the ability Dry Skin, can also handle the hail, and can use Lovely kiss or should I say "Deadly Kiss" but it has only 75% accuracy than Spore that 100%; and a high special atk that can kill most pokemon and an above averange speed.

Two pokes with Dry Skin on a weather war disturbed me, a lot. And stealth rock is a mess if Volcarona is switching in, so I added Donphan. Donphan quite weak under the rain. But when use on a right time, like predicting that your opponent will use a thunder move, then switch with ease.

Team

Faplet aka Politoed (F) @ Leftovers Choice Scarf

Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Speed → 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
Nature Bold Timid
- Scald → - Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Protect → - Hidden Power [ Grass ]
- Toxic → - Perish Song

With this kind of Politoed, I can now wreck those pesky Dragons who would surely surpass my team. If the battle is a weather war, then I'll save my Froggy until I kill the weather introducer of the opponent. Hydro Pump, a pretty awesome water move that surely OHKO many pokes. Ice Beam is for those pesky dragon (again). Hidden Power [ Grass ], this move is exclusive for Gastrodon; lol I mean for those pokes who are Water/Ground types who will surely annoy my team. Perish Song is the last move to destroy Baton Pass chains.

*Special Thanks to Superpowerdude for helping me out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Metallica aka Jirachi @ Leftovers

Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Speed
Bold Nature
- Thunder
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Wish

This set might be odd, but no fear! This Jirachi's moveset is my favorite one under the rain, which is Thunder with 70% accuracy will become 100% under the rain and 60% chance to paralyze the opponent, and Psyshock for those who has an awful defense like Chansey, etc. With Calm Mind, Jirachi can be a nasty sweeper and bulky at the same time. Wish is for supporting other team mates or healing Jirachi itself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Palaca aka Toxicroak (M) @ Black Sludge

Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

The idea is to come in on something that you can set up on, ideally a Water- or Bug-type move, and use Substitute on the switch. Substitute provides protection from status but leaves you vulnerable to phazing. 244 EVs in HP keep Toxicroak as bulky as possible without taking away attack power. Speed investment isn't worth much, considering Toxicroak's low base Speed and the set's need for heavy investment in bulk. Drain Punch is the main STAB. Sucker Punch is for those pesky -Ghost types esp. Gengar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Panasonic aka Rotom-W @ Leftovers

Trait: Levitate
EVs:
248 HP / 32 SpA / 228 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [ Grass ] - Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

With this set, Specially Defense Rotom can handle most of the Special hit and go for a Volt-Switch out and give me momentum. Hydro Pump, STAB as usual. Will-O-Wisp, for those physical attackers who will surely not enjoying Burn. The EV spread gives Rotom-W enough special bulk to survive and then Pain Split most of its health back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keach aka Volcarona (F) @ Life Orb

Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Speed
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hurricane
- Giga Drain

Bug Buzz is now Volcarona's main STAB attack, and it hits very hard after a Quiver Dance. In the rain, Hurricane is a viable option for Volcarona. With Hurricane, Volcarona can OHKO Choice Band Dragonite after Stealth Rock damage about 50% of the time, and hit Terrakion extremely hard. Defensive Dragonite cannot OHKO Volcarona with anything apart from Aqua Tail, while Volcarona can easily 2HKO with Hurricane in return. I added Giga Drain for those bulky Water/Ground and esp. Gastrodon that is pretty annoying and a reliable move that keeps Volcarona alive and kicking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gulong aka Donhan (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Speed
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar → - Ice Shard

Donphan is a fantastic user of Rapid Spin due to its Ground typing, good physical bulk, Sturdy, and ability to stand up against many threats with gusto. Donphan also fares well against other hazard users because it typically takes little damage from them, while completely retracting them from their usual duties. If entry hazards have been successfully removed, and Donphan is healthy enough, Stealth Rock is always helpful for providing passive damage, while Earthquake is useful for battering foes, such as Terrakion and Heatran, before going down. Ice Shard is great for revenge killing Dragon-types 4x weak to it like Salamence, Dragonite and Garchomp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conclusion

Thank you for reading my first RMT! This team is quite fun to use you know. I don't have much to say in this Conclusion thingy. I just read some RMT here on Smogon and I come up with my own. Anyways, feel free to express what you think about my team. I'm only a newbie so please bear with me :] Thank you for reading this.

Hey,

You have a pretty good team there certainly for a fist team. There are ,however, a few things that I'd change. First of all I'd change Fire Blast > Giga Drain on Volcarona. Having Fire Blast in Rain isn't that usefull. You can just set up on Scizor, while Bug Buzz and Hurricane take care of other Steel types (Hurricane to 2hko Skarmory) so I'm under the impression you don't really need it. Giga Drain is a great move versus other rain, ohkoing Gastrodon for example. While it also does a good amount to Terrakion, as you regaining health at the same time. This can be helpful since Terrakion is one of the main pokes that can stop a Volcarona sweep. Another problem is your Stealth Rock weakness. Vs Deo-d offense, you have to rely on a 12% chance of ohkoing non bulky sets, while deoxys-d with sp def investment always gets up rocks since none of your pokes can ohko/prevent it. Seeing as Jynx's defensive stats are abysmal while its speed lacks as well, i feel like it could be replaced by Starmie. Starmie can spin away hazards, aiding your Volcarona, and it is an excellent solution to deoxys-d offense, since it can spin away hazards whilst outspeeding Gengar which is on every deoxys-d team as spin blocker. With all the priority and with this fast metagame, I don't think Jynx will do much apart from putting things to sleep it outspeeds, which are very few pokemon. This set is also easily walled by Scizor/Jirachi/ most steel/water types. Using Starmie also helps your Thundurus-T problem, while Starmie can outspeed and ohko Nasty Plot sets with Hydro Pump and Jirachi can set up on any other set with Wish + Calm Mind. Starmie also has the ability to ko threats like Landorus and Terrakion as well, which hinder Volcarona from sweeping. Garchomp also seems like a threat, but Starmie + Sucker Punch/Jirachi handle pretty much all of them. Hope I helped. Good luck.

tl;dr:

Volcarona:
Fire Blast -> Giga Drain

Jynx -> Offensive Starmie

~Sets:
Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Ice Beam / Recover
- Rapid Spin

Hey,

You have a pretty good team there certainly for a fist team. There are ,however, a few things that I'd change. First of all I'd change Fire Blast > Giga Drain on Volcarona. Having Fire Blast in Rain isn't that usefull. You can just set up on Scizor, while Bug Buzz and Hurricane take care of other Steel types (Hurricane to 2hko Skarmory) so I'm under the impression you don't really need it. Giga Drain is a great move versus other rain, ohkoing Gastrodon for example. While it also does a good amount to Terrakion, as you regaining health at the same time. This can be helpful since Terrakion is one of the main pokes that can stop a Volcarona sweep. Another problem is your Stealth Rock weakness. Vs Deo-d offense, you have to rely on a 12% chance of ohkoing non bulky sets, while deoxys-d with sp def investment always gets up rocks since none of your pokes can ohko/prevent it. Seeing as Jynx's defensive stats are abysmal while its speed lacks as well, i feel like it could be replaced by Starmie. Starmie can spin away hazards, aiding your Volcarona, and it is an excellent solution to deoxys-d offense, since it can spin away hazards whilst outspeeding Gengar which is on every deoxys-d team as spin blocker. With all the priority and with this fast metagame, I don't think Jynx will do much apart from putting things to sleep it outspeeds, which are very few pokemon. This set is also easily walled by Scizor/Jirachi/ most steel/water types. Using Starmie also helps your Thundurus-T problem, while Starmie can outspeed and ohko Nasty Plot sets with Hydro Pump and Jirachi can set up on any other set with Wish + Calm Mind. Starmie also has the ability to ko threats like Landorus and Terrakion as well, which hinder Volcarona from sweeping. Garchomp also seems like a threat, but Starmie + Sucker Punch/Jirachi handle pretty much all of them. Hope I helped. Good luck.

tl;dr:

Volcarona:
Fire Blast -> Giga Drain

Jynx -> Offensive Starmie

~Sets:
Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Ice Beam / Recover
- Rapid Spin
Thanks for your feedback! I really appreciate it.

Really nice team! I wish my first team was this good! Haha im guessing you watch a lot of youtube and read a lot of RMT's? haha
Other than your two waters, Mamoswine looks to really hurt your team (so do any EdgeQuake - stone edge and earthquake) with that in mind:
okay well firstly looking at your volcarona set, fire blast really seems redundant with this been a rain team. I would run as mentioned above Giga Drain. This would allow you to hit most EdgeQuakers for SE damage whilst inproving longativity.
However you could go with a substitute if you prefere?
Gastrodon can wall you to an extent so id simply swap thunder on rotom w to hidden power [grass] this will hit hard and adds more coverage.
With your team been quite week to Rocks and hazards you could run a spinner but personaly i like the jynx too much to suggest swapping her, so thats up to you. Good luck with the team!

Nice team you've got here. but it seems like you can use some changes.

Using Rain abuse Dragonite>Volcarona is one thing. Dnite can use both Thunder and Hurricane, for one thing. Meaning better coverage. thunder/hurri/dtail/roost+timid Spa/Spe 252

Try Parasect>Jynx. Para has spore-which is obviously better than any other sleep-inducers. Dry skin/leech seed can heal anything in a turn. leech seed/sub/spore/Xscissor+jolly

As SR protection, try Espeon+BP/CM. it can boost Dnite/Politoed/Jirachi. while granting move slots for jirachi, Espeon can heal bell, wish and baton pass calm minds.

Hey there. Welcome to the forums, that's certainly a good team for your first one!

A quick change that I recommend is swapping Thunder or VS for HP Grass on Rotom-W. Gastrodon gives this team major problems and that's a direct counter right there. It's immune to the only two types of attacks you have on Rotom at the moment and that gives it plenty of chances to switch in. Grass type Hidden Power would prevent this from happening and solve a pretty big weakness in your team.

A set change I recommend is swapping CS for Leftovers and going with a bulky setup, maybe 252 HP/252 SpA/6 Spe. It lets you take more hits and hurt switch ins (like Gastro) that otherwise completely wall you, as you can change moves.

Just a small change that I figured I'd put out there. Good luck!

This team looks fairly good. I used a rain team very similar to this (except the Jiratchi and Jynx) and had very good luck with it. Though my Volcorona had giga drain over fire blast, which got me out of bad situations, and kept my main sweeper alive longer. One change I would make is replacing Jiratchi with Starmie. They have the same base sp.attk and Starmie is a bit faster as well, but less bulky. Starmie can use both Thunder and water pulse, and be a rapid spinner as well, which can ruin your Volcorona fast. Just a couple of small things that could help your team. Good job and good luck!

Dry skin is an overrated ability imo. It's great under the rain, but if you lose the weather war to a sun team, you basically lost half your team right there. There's a reason most rain teams don't use croak.

Really nice team! I wish my first team was this good! Haha im guessing you watch a lot of youtube and read a lot of RMT's? haha
Other than your two waters, Mamoswine looks to really hurt your team (so do any EdgeQuake - stone edge and earthquake) with that in mind:
okay well firstly looking at your volcarona set, fire blast really seems redundant with this been a rain team. I would run as mentioned above Giga Drain. This would allow you to hit most EdgeQuakers for SE damage whilst inproving longativity.
However you could go with a substitute if you prefere?
Gastrodon can wall you to an extent so id simply swap thunder on rotom w to hidden power [grass] this will hit hard and adds more coverage.
With your team been quite week to Rocks and hazards you could run a spinner but personaly i like the jynx too much to suggest swapping her, so thats up to you. Good luck with the team!
Lol i'm flattered. Jk, but yeah, my hobby is reading some sort of things. But anyway, thanks for the rate! I much appreciate it. I'm kinda don't know how to determine Hidden power. My recently rotom's HP is steel based from the guy at the PWT? How can i make a rotom with HP-grass? Thanks again!

Nice team you've got here. but it seems like you can use some changes.

Using Rain abuse Dragonite>Volcarona is one thing. Dnite can use both Thunder and Hurricane, for one thing. Meaning better coverage. thunder/hurri/dtail/roost+timid Spa/Spe 252

Try Parasect>Jynx. Para has spore-which is obviously better than any other sleep-inducers. Dry skin/leech seed can heal anything in a turn. leech seed/sub/spore/Xscissor+jolly

As SR protection, try Espeon+BP/CM. it can boost Dnite/Politoed/Jirachi. while granting move slots for jirachi, Espeon can heal bell, wish and baton pass calm minds.
Oh man thanks! I didn't know that Dnite could be a useful asset in my team. Espeon sounds pretty awesome too. If I bring back parasect on my team, I'll surely lack of ice move. Hmmf but anyway I'll think about it. And hey! Thanks for the rate!

Hey there. Welcome to the forums, that's certainly a good team for your first one!

A quick change that I recommend is swapping Thunder or VS for HP Grass on Rotom-W. Gastrodon gives this team major problems and that's a direct counter right there. It's immune to the only two types of attacks you have on Rotom at the moment and that gives it plenty of chances to switch in. Grass type Hidden Power would prevent this from happening and solve a pretty big weakness in your team.

A set change I recommend is swapping CS for Leftovers and going with a bulky setup, maybe 252 HP/252 SpA/6 Spe. It lets you take more hits and hurt switch ins (like Gastro) that otherwise completely wall you, as you can change moves.

Just a small change that I figured I'd put out there. Good luck!
Hey thanks for the rate. I would like to change my rotom to this set that you told me. But, how can I make a Rotom with a HP-Grass? I'm kinda confused tho' I read the Hidden Power guide on the net many many times, but I just can't understand it. Thanks again!

This team looks fairly good. I used a rain team very similar to this (except the Jiratchi and Jynx) and had very good luck with it. Though my Volcorona had giga drain over fire blast, which got me out of bad situations, and kept my main sweeper alive longer. One change I would make is replacing Jiratchi with Starmie. They have the same base sp.attk and Starmie is a bit faster as well, but less bulky. Starmie can use both Thunder and water pulse, and be a rapid spinner as well, which can ruin your Volcorona fast. Just a couple of small things that could help your team. Good job and good luck!
Hey man! Thanks for the rate. I'm gonna surely replace Volcarona's fire blast to giga drain. But replacing Jirachi :( that makes me sad. But anyway thanks again!

Dry skin is an overrated ability imo. It's great under the rain, but if you lose the weather war to a sun team, you basically lost half your team right there. There's a reason most rain teams don't use croak.
I'm not used to this weather war, but I'm sure I'll get use to it. Anyway, thanks for the rate and advice!

Hey thanks for the rate. I would like to change my rotom to this set that you told me. But, how can I make a Rotom with a HP-Grass? I'm kinda confused tho' I read the Hidden Power guide on the net many many times, but I just can't understand it. Thanks again!
I assumed you were playing on Pokémon Showdown - if you're doing this over WiFi instead, then I suggest heading on down to the trading section of this website to see if anybody's got one to trade. Breeding for HP is a nightmare and I've never been able to do it successfully. :pirate:

The set I was on about, for reference, is as follows;

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpA/6 Spe
Moves:
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power [Grass]
-Hydro Pump
-Substitute/Pain Split/Will-O-Wisp

Substitute is handy for blocking attempted statuses from Blissey and co., Pain Split is handy for wearing down walls and WoW is handy for crippling physical attackers. Go with whatever your team needs most.

I assumed you were playing on Pokémon Showdown - if you're doing this over WiFi instead, then I suggest heading on down to the trading section of this website to see if anybody's got one to trade. Breeding for HP is a nightmare and I've never been able to do it successfully. :pirate:

The set I was on about, for reference, is as follows;

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpA/6 Spe
Moves:
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power [Grass]
-Hydro Pump
-Substitute/Pain Split/Will-O-Wisp

Substitute is handy for blocking attempted statuses from Blissey and co., Pain Split is handy for wearing down walls and WoW is handy for crippling physical attackers. Go with whatever your team needs most.
Hey Masamune, thanks for the advice. You're right, breeding for HP is a nightmare! But anyway I breed one! Lol this rotom should do the trick. Thanks again.

Hey man i got your request nice looking team you have here!

Ok although quite rare Dragonite with Dragon Dance/Waterfall/Earthqauke/Outrage looks quite threatening to your team. At +1 Dragonite outspeeds your whole team and can hit a lot of your team super effectively. Donphan and Volcarona with Waterfall, Jirachi and Toxicroak with Earthqauke and Politoed and Rotom-W won't really like taking a stab Outrage to the face. Choice Scarf Garchomp also looks like a big threat to your team with Earthquake/Outrage/Dragon Claw/Stone Edge because it can hit half of your team super effectively (Jirachi, Volcarona, Toxicroak) and if your team is weakend it can sweep late game with Outrage. With these two pokemom being Dragon-types DragnMag teams seem like a bit of an issue with your lack of Ice-type coverage. As these teams usually carry one or more Dragon-types.

To help your team handle these threats i suggest Choice Scarf Politoed>Defensive Politoed This Politoed can outspeed and ohko unboosted Dragonite once Multiscale is broken with Ice Beam. Seeing as your team previously lacked a revenge killer Politoed also provides your team with some much needed speed with a Choice Scarf attatched. This set can also outspeed unboosted Garchomp however this set still can't handle Choice Scarf Garchomp which is the most threatening Garchomp to your team. However the loss of the defensive set isn't really to bad because between Jirachi, Rotom-W and Donphan your team is still quite bulky. This Poltioed also has acces to Hydro Pump and Hidden Power [Grass] Hydro Pump is for stab damage and Hidden Power [Grass] is for Gastrodon who can wall Jirachi and can annoy your team with its Ground and Water-type stab. Perish Song is the last move to destroy Baton Pass chains.

Now to give your team extra insurance against Dragon-types as well as a way to beat Choice Scarf Garchomp more reliably Ice Shard>Roar is the preferd option on Donphan. Ice Shard is great for revenge killing Dragon-types 4x weak to it like Salamence, Dragonite and Garchomp. Also Roar isn't really to important because with only Stealth Rock phazing isn't to useful and using Roar gives your opponent a free hit on Donphan. Also if you decide to go with Choice Scarf Politoed with Hidden Power [Grass] you no longer need Hidden Power [Grass] on Rotom-W. Will-o-Wisp>Hidden Power [Grass] is a great option for Rotom-W to allow him to cripple physical attackers. This lets Toxicroak and Jirachi also set up easeir against your opponent.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped!

Sets

Politoed @ Choice Scarf | Drizzle
Timid | 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | Perish Song | Hidden Power [Grass]

Tl;dr

Politoed
.Choice Scarf Set--->Defensive Set

Donphan
.Ice Shard--->Roar

Rotom-W
.Will-o-Wisp--->Hidden Power [Grass]

~Superpowerdude

Hey man i got your request nice looking team you have here!

Ok although quite rare Dragonite with Dragon Dance/Waterfall/Earthqauke/Outrage looks quite threatening to your team. At +1 Dragonite outspeeds your whole team and can hit a lot of your team super effectively. Donphan and Volcarona with Waterfall, Jirachi and Toxicroak with Earthqauke and Politoed and Rotom-W won't really like taking a stab Outrage to the face. Choice Scarf Garchomp also looks like a big threat to your team with Earthquake/Outrage/Dragon Claw/Stone Edge because it can hit half of your team super effectively (Jirachi, Volcarona, Toxicroak) and if your team is weakend it can sweep late game with Outrage. With these two pokemom being Dragon-types DragnMag teams seem like a bit of an issue with your lack of Ice-type coverage. As these teams usually carry one or more Dragon-types.

To help your team handle these threats i suggest Choice Scarf Politoed>Defensive Politoed This Politoed can outspeed and ohko unboosted Dragonite once Multiscale is broken with Ice Beam. Seeing as your team previously lacked a revenge killer Politoed also provides your team with some much needed speed with a Choice Scarf attatched. This set can also outspeed unboosted Garchomp however this set still can't handle Choice Scarf Garchomp which is the most threatening Garchomp to your team. However the loss of the defensive set isn't really to bad because between Jirachi, Rotom-W and Donphan your team is still quite bulky. This Poltioed also has acces to Hydro Pump and Hidden Power [Grass] Hydro Pump is for stab damage and Hidden Power [Grass] is for Gastrodon who can wall Jirachi and can annoy your team with its Ground and Water-type stab. Perish Song is the last move to destroy Baton Pass chains.

Now to give your team extra insurance against Dragon-types as well as a way to beat Choice Scarf Garchomp more reliably Ice Shard>Roar is the preferd option on Donphan. Ice Shard is great for revenge killing Dragon-types 4x weak to it like Salamence, Dragonite and Garchomp. Also Roar isn't really to important because with only Stealth Rock phazing isn't to useful and using Roar gives your opponent a free hit on Donphan. Also if you decide to go with Choice Scarf Politoed with Hidden Power [Grass] you no longer need Hidden Power [Grass] on Rotom-W. Will-o-Wisp>Hidden Power [Grass] is a great option for Rotom-W to allow him to cripple physical attackers. This lets Toxicroak and Jirachi also set up easeir against your opponent.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped!

Sets

Politoed @ Choice Scarf | Drizzle
Timid | 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | Perish Song | Hidden Power [Grass]

Tl;dr
Politoed
.Choice Scarf Set--->Defensive Set

Donphan
.Ice Shard--->Roar

Rotom-W
.Will-o-Wisp--->Hidden Power [Grass]

~Superpowerdude
Thanks Superduperpowerdude! This helped a lot. Those pesky dragon should hide now!

Asek

Banned deucer.
Hi, got your request.

Cool team. I did notice a few threats here, the biggest one to your team right now is opposing Volcarona, especially the Bulky Quiver Dance variant. At +1, Hydro Pump from Rotom-W fails to OHKO and Volcarona can 2KHO in return, or it can even go for another quiver dance and attempt to sweep through your whole team unhindered. Any of the Dragon Dance Gyarados variants can significantly hurt your team, especially the Sub + DD variant. At +1 if it carries Stone Edge, it can deal incredibly heavy damage to all of your team, and there is a highly likely chance of it sweeping you, and it can find many set up oppurtunites, most likely on Donphan or politoed locked into the wrong move. Finally, Sheer Force landorus-I can cause some problems, as both the Sub and the RP variants can hurt your team significantly given the opportunity.

OK, first off to tackle volcarona better I suggest using Thunder Wave > Will-O-Wisp on Rotom-W. Thunder Wave still lets you cripple the threats you were before, but it now lets you do something to those troublesome volcarona, and although the loss of Will-O-Wisp may be annoying, the pokemon it was hitting do not appreciate being paralyzed either. Considering that a lot of the pokemon that Rotom-W can take on are arguably crippled more by Thunder Wave (specially offensive mons generally with that spread) I see no reason to make the change.

Now, Donphans current EV spread isn't very good, as it leaves him with next to no punch in his attacks, even landorus-I has a chance to avoid the 2HKO with no rocks on the field. To make donphan's attacks actually hurt the oppostion, I suggest you change to a spread of 252HP/ 80Atk/ 168Def. This gives you the guranteed 2HKO on landorus-I, and lets you hit a lot of other threats a little bit harder, such as Salamence and Dragonite, while also giving your Earthquake a notciable boost in its power.

Try out Hidden Power [ELECTRIC] > Hidden Power [GRASS] on politoed. You still retain the abilty to hit opposing water types slighly harder, but HP [ELECTRIC] has the huge advantage of beating gyarados, who is far more threatening to your team than gastrodon, which is the main advantage of Hidden Power [GRASS].

GL with the team

To change the hidden power, you change the IVs. Im going to be honest its really complacated to explain properly. But different IV sets correspomd with different types of hidden power.
Go to Psypokes tools Hidden power calculator (type in google) and then just read that and see how its done.
And yeah dont be flattered, its a decent first team. Haha

Hi, got your request.

Cool team. I did notice a few threats here, the biggest one to your team right now is opposing Volcarona, especially the Bulky Quiver Dance variant. At +1, Hydro Pump from Rotom-W fails to OHKO and Volcarona can 2KHO in return, or it can even go for another quiver dance and attempt to sweep through your whole team unhindered. Any of the Dragon Dance Gyarados variants can significantly hurt your team, especially the Sub + DD variant. At +1 if it carries Stone Edge, it can deal incredibly heavy damage to all of your team, and there is a highly likely chance of it sweeping you, and it can find many set up oppurtunites, most likely on Donphan or politoed locked into the wrong move. Finally, Sheer Force landorus-I can cause some problems, as both the Sub and the RP variants can hurt your team significantly given the opportunity.

OK, first off to tackle volcarona better I suggest using Thunder Wave > Will-O-Wisp on Rotom-W. Thunder Wave still lets you cripple the threats you were before, but it now lets you do something to those troublesome volcarona, and although the loss of Will-O-Wisp may be annoying, the pokemon it was hitting do not appreciate being paralyzed either. Considering that a lot of the pokemon that Rotom-W can take on are arguably crippled more by Thunder Wave (specially offensive mons generally with that spread) I see no reason to make the change.

Now, Donphans current EV spread isn't very good, as it leaves him with next to no punch in his attacks, even landorus-I has a chance to avoid the 2HKO with no rocks on the field. To make donphan's attacks actually hurt the oppostion, I suggest you change to a spread of 252HP/ 80Atk/ 168Def. This gives you the guranteed 2HKO on landorus-I, and lets you hit a lot of other threats a little bit harder, such as Salamence and Dragonite, while also giving your Earthquake a notciable boost in its power.

Try out Hidden Power [ELECTRIC] > Hidden Power [GRASS] on politoed. You still retain the abilty to hit opposing water types slighly harder, but HP [ELECTRIC] has the huge advantage of beating gyarados, who is far more threatening to your team than gastrodon, which is the main advantage of Hidden Power [GRASS].

GL with the team
Thank you for the rate and suggestion, I will surely try it.

To change the hidden power, you change the IVs. Im going to be honest its really complacated to explain properly. But different IV sets correspomd with different types of hidden power.
Go to Psypokes tools Hidden power calculator (type in google) and then just read that and see how its done.
And yeah dont be flattered, its a decent first team. Haha
Hahaha, thanks for the guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)