Moon Ant (peaked 1900)

Welcome to my RMT. RU is a super fun tier with the addition of Cresselia and Durant, the hyper offensive Smeargle/Uxie+Sceptile+Kabutops+Moltres/Entei+Nidoqueen+random spam was so boring and this has slowed it down nicely! Testing both suspects I've devised a team that has had consistent success on ladder. On with the show;

Overgrow | Timid | 60 HP/252 Sp.Atk/196 Spe

~ Giga Drain
~ HP Rock
~ Focus Blast
~ Substitute

There's a reason Sceptile is #1 in usage, and that is that it owns. Fast, good coverage, a great scout and lategame sweeper. I went with Sub over Leaf Storm since I like to annoy/scout and Giga Drain helps alleviate the HP cost. Also nice to Sub down to Overgrow range and leech back to ~70% on a neutral hit. EVS give a little extra bulk and outspeed max speed +nature Scolipede. PS I hate Focus Blast.

Levitate | Bold | 252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp.Def

~ Psychic/Ice Beam
~ Thunder Wave
~ Calm Mind
~ Moonlight

MOON DUCK aka THE CRIT MAGNET. This thing is so ridiculously bulky it's unreal (Banded Entei Flare Blitz doesn't 2HKO. INSANE), and a total win condition once I've removed the steels/darks/bugs/toxic spammers. Set is standard, come in on something it can wall (ie. 90% of the meta), TWave the switch, recover, rinse and repeat.
Part 1 of my defensive parashuffler core.

The attacking move is up in the air, leaning toward Ice Beam since I hate being cockblocked by Dark types.

Sheer Force | Modest | 176 HP/252 Sp.Atk/80 Spe

~ Earth Power
~ Fire Blast
~ Thunderbolt
~ Stealth Rock

The Queen of RU, she should need no introduction. I chose to tack rocks onto her set because hey I needed them somewhere. She makes a good SR lead anyway since a lot of players send out something frail and go 'oh shit better switch to a wall.' Fire Blast does a number on all the Tangrowth/Ferroseed running about RU, and Thunderbolt is specifically for Slowking.

EVs for bulk, max power and a little speed. With Para support from moonduck, she can easily clean up lategame.

Water Absorb | Relaxed | 252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp.Def

~ Scald
~ Circle Throw
~ Sleep Talk
~ Rest

This guy. This fuckin' guy. He is an absolutely perfect fit for both Cressy and Durant. They both hate status, and are weak to fire, bug and dark. Poliwrath steps up with the bulk, resists and status absorber role, not only that but he can also spread burns on dangerous physical sweepers such as Crawdaunt/Kabutops/Feraligatr while shrugging off even boosted attacks with ease. 90/95/90 is pretty great, even Adamant Guts Hariyama only does around 67% max with CC before getting thrown out.
Part 2 of my defensive parashuffler core.

Hustle | Jolly | 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

~ Iron Head
~ X-Scissor
~ Superpower
~ Hone Claws

The mighty ant is here, ready to rip through RU after a turn of setup. Lum lets me stay in versus status and set up without worry. Superpower is a welcome addition since steels are no longer a total pain in the ass to deal with. Not much else to say besides stressing how important it is to only attempt to set up on a physical mon without fire attacks!

Pressure | Adamant | 252 Atk/4 Sp.Atk/252 Spe

~ Flare Blitz
~ Stone Edge
~ Extremespeed
~ HP Grass/Toxic

Entei is imo the best fire type in RU. I needed priority so he was an easy choice. Flame Plate lets me bluff a Band which can come in VERY handy. Undecided on the last moveslot; HP Grass nails Quaggy/Seismitoad, whereas Toxic puts an (eventual) timer on Slowking's shenanigans.

So there's my team. The overall gameplan is to get rocks up ASAP, scout with Sceptile, parashuffle between Cressy and Poli and sweep once the enemy team is weakened. Honestly I've won roughly 80% of my matches so far using just Nidoqueen, Cresselia and Poliwrath.

THREATS:
So far the only things that have really stopped me have been very well played stall once they've taken out Poli, Slowking especially. I need to put offensive pressure on to keep it out. Psycho Cut Absol and Life Orb sweeper Sigilyph with Shadow Ball break my core, but I haven't seen either of them yet, and they are highly specific counters. Archeops can be a pain. GHOSTS they are spooky and I don't like them :C CM+Rest Spiritomb can be a royal bitch to take out, I need to keep Entei healthy. Overall, Poli and Cressy make such a good defensive core that not a whole lot can break it.

RANDOM LOGS FROM LADDER:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru4389024
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru4390230
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru4441938

Rate/hate away!

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
No one has rate this yet :(

This is a nice and consistent team with a nice peak! I have some suggestions that could make this team even better! Most of the changes are small in scale and could be subjective depending on playstyle.

For Nidoqueen, I suggest changing to the EV spread to 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe. This new spread allows her to outspeed positive Crawdaunt and Bouffalant (base 55), the former could set up a Substitute on your team and then proceed to take everything down; however, Crawdaunt's looking to set up on Nidoqueen will be in for a rude awakening. Then by extension, Bouffalant won't be causing too many problems either.

For Entei a Choice Band is a better choice; the power from the boost is noticeable, but the one where it counts most is ExtremeSpeed. For example, a Choice Band boosted ExtremeSpeed can OHKO Galvantula, Sceptile, QD Lilligant, and help KO weakened sweepers that have set up. Substitute + QD Lilligant can set up Cresselia and Poliwrath, this is even more true of the bulky variant. Sceptile can set up with a Swords Dance Acrobatics, which will then activate Unburden so then nothing will be able to outspeed it; Sceptile can set up on Poliwrath once it's fallen asleep, or scare Nidoqueen away with a Leaf Storm.

252+ Atk Entei ExtremeSpeed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Lilligant: 112-132 (39.71 - 46.8%) -- 35.55% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Entei ExtremeSpeed vs. 252 HP / 188 Def Lilligant: 90-106 (26.16 - 30.81%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Entei ExtremeSpeed vs. 60 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 125-148 (42.22 - 50%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Entei ExtremeSpeed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def (Swords Dance) Sceptile: 124-147 (44.12 - 52.31%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Entei ExtremeSpeed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Lilligant: 167-197 (59.21 - 69.85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Entei ExtremeSpeed vs. 252 HP / 188 Def Lilligant: 134-158 (38.95 - 45.93%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Entei ExtremeSpeed vs. 60 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 187-221 (63.17 - 74.66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Entei ExtremeSpeed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Sceptile: 186-219 (66.19 - 77.93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

A Choice Band is better than Flame Plate. The downside is that Choice Band is more prediction heavy, and if predicted wrong bulky Water-types will easily tank a Flare Blitz. Also, to help this Toxic is recommended over Hidden Power Grass. Yeah, being Choice-locked on Toxic isn't a good idea, but Entei isn't gonna be staying in after that, so it doesn't really matter too much.

Changing Sceptile's EVs to 4 Def / 252 SpA/ 252 Spe is extra insurance to at worst tie with opposing Sceptiles, as they can be a problem for you, because Cresselia can't tank more than 2 full powered Leaf Storms.

Finally, Moltres causes your team a good amount of grief, as it can take any of Durant's attacks with ease, and a team with Moltres will have a Spinner so Stealth Rock isn't the best check. Moltres can 2KO Cresselia with LO Fire Blast; KO Nidoqueen; Durant is helpless anyway; Hurricane away Poliwrath; Entei gets outspeed; and Sceptile is the only one who can KO Moltres, but can't switch in. To help, I suggest Aerodactyl to replace Durant. Aerodactly has several functions for you team: it can be a fast tank with Roost, disrupt other teams with Taunt, and revenge Pokemon that are really fast, such as Sceptile if you lose the Speed-tie. Aerodactyl is the best offensive check to Moltres, as it won't slow your momentum down and can threaten the opposing team with QuakeEdge coverage. Additionally, Taunt from Aerodactyl is invaluable as it can stop set up sweepers in a last ditch effort, or prevent Stealth Rock in the first place, so Entei can switch in and out.

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 176 Spd / 252 Atk / 80 HP
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Taunt

The EVs are to outspeed all Sceptiles that aren't boosted. Rock Slide because personal preference as Stone Edge has even worse accuracy.

Hope I helped~

Nidoqueen -> 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe

Entei -> Choice Band
-> Toxic

Sceptile -> 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

->

Durant -> Aerodactyl

Hey thanks for the rate! I agree with Toxic on Entei, HP grass does pitiful damage anyway. I'm considering using Aerodactyl with Fire Blast somewhere to take out the Durant/Escavalier who switch in hoping to force me out ;) not sure what move to drop though. I'm also considering changing Sceptile's HP to Ice so it outspeeds other max speed timid Sceptile with HP Rock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)