Smogon All Generation Tournament - UU edition! [Round 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smogon All Generation Tournament - UU edition!!!

Sign-ups

Round 2 is up now! Sorry about this being a week late, my interent was meesed up. But I'm back now. I have randomly assigned a generation to each pairing and you will do a Bo3 series in that tier only. This time you can submit your post about your generation from the start of this round. Each player must submit at least one post about their tier. As this shows me who is active and it helps the general community. In the event of a match not being done, I will first check if a player has submitted a post about their generation. If both players have not submitted a post, I will check who has been active in trying to arrange a battle. In the very unlikely (I hope) event of both players not trying to arrange a match, I will do a coinflip.

I looked at conversations between players for most of the battles last round because not many made a post about their generation. But if someone did make a post then I put them through. I was a little disappointed with the amount and the quality of some of the posts last round. These are supposed to help people and give them an insight onto threats, good pokes and the metagame in general, saying Pikachu is the strongest poke in BW2 UU is not a very good example of a post. One shining example is by MadBull, even though he lost, he made an excellent post on his generation.

The tier... before the draws were up, I actually had some fun experimenting with BW UU and RSE UU, the 2 gens I am most experienced with, and I prayed the draw would give me one of those. When you then take the step back to ADV UU, you notice its slightly more primitive. A real fun tactic, as my opponent taught me the hard way, is perish trapping with Misdreavus.
This gives a good insight into what a big threat is in ADV UU and also talks a bit about the metagame in general. Thank you Madbull and I hope more people can make posts like this and make these metagames a lot more understood and used. If we get enough good posts, I will put this in a thread in the UU forums on the site, so everyone can get the knowledge of these metagames.

So here we are, the pairings!:

Seco453 vs Staraptor (BW2 UU)
LonelyNess vs pokebasket (RBY UU)
CrashinBoomBang vs Aqualouis (ADV UU)
LuckOverSkill vs Kennen (GSC UU)
Darkdiglett vs Brammi (DPP UU)
Living Things vs DarkLoïc (ADV UU)
zfs vs BKC (RBY UU)
Demist vs NightFox (DPP UU)
davidness vs H-C (GSC UU)
FAFUS vs Sir (BW2 UU)
Pkrs vs MarceloDK (ADV UU)
.Robert vs Colchonero (RBY UU)
Dark Sphynx vs Cristal (GSC UU)
Leftiez vs Tyranitarphantom (DPP UU)
Django vs Metal Sonic (BW2 UU)
MAlkaviano vs Bye

As Christmas is coming up and I know things may stop you from battling, you have until January 6th to finish battling, as this gives you ample time to get battles done after Christmas and the New Year. And remember, you need to post about your generation as well! Thanks!

These are the posts from the last round:

RBY UU
  • What do I have to say about RBY UU? Fuck Wrap (TyranitarPhantom)
  • Water-types dominate rby uu, Golduck is strong, etc. (MarceloDK)
GSC UU
  • gsc uu is a very strong tier i like quagsire it should be a dog (CrashinBoomBang)
  • gsc uu is a shit tier but i agree that guagsire should be a dog (kokoloko)
  • gsc uu, quag too strong (FAFUS)
ADV UU
  • adv uu is cool but hypno too good (Sir)
  • adv uu, grumpig is boss. (Darkdiglett)
  • When you then take the step back to ADV UU, you notice its slightly more primitive. A real fun tactic, as my opponent taught me the hard way, is perish trapping with Misdreavus. (MadBull)
DPP UU

BW2 UU

zfs

Everything old is new again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hell yes RBY UU, I see BKC in #pokemon a lot so we'll get this done easily

Aqualouis

^ Sport de raquette + Service pas rattrapé
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lost game 1 when i had it because of a crit and lost game 2 after being outplayed. Ggs

Darkdiglett told me to take the win because he's having computer issues. Not asking for an activity win yet because I'd rather play, but just reporting the state of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)