Council posted - RU Stage 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

All identify yourselves (I was going to do just top 50 but the next scroll gave me everyone above 1800 so *shrug*)

Congratulations to called me superman for getting #1 on the ladder!

Only post in this thread if your alts are one or some of the above!

Simply make a post bolding which alts are yours.

Also remember, just because your alt is listed above DOES NOT mean you'll be on the Council (unless you are called me superman). I have to weigh in the other factors as well for picking the two misc seats!

This thread will close when voting starts really soon, so identify yourselves ASAP please! Voting will take place sometime on this following weekend, and the Pokemon to be voted on is Nidoqueen.

BakedBean

my max was 1978, but due to my stupid internet i lost quite a few matches in a row because i timed out (not PS! lag, my own) which really sucks

Wow, Windsong stole my #1 spot while I was sleeping. I am willing to bet anything that Folgorio is not able to fathom this act of rudeness >:(

All joking aside, Natural Puppy

Wow, Windsong stole my #1 spot while I was sleeping. I am willing to bet anything that Folgorio is not able to fathom this act of rudeness >:(

All joking aside, Natural Puppy
I feel your pain Ciele, windsong did that to me too a year ago xD

Also, I'm nanananana

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
One Song, One Song II, Come Alive.

One Song was rank 4 and One Song II was rank 12 at the same time roughly two days ago, but I decayed like 150 points on each account (molk and dc can confirm), so I didn't feel like making that up. Midway through the round I was also rank 2 with an account called The Raver.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Here's the council in order of the seats:

Windsong
Ciele
Bad Romance
Molk
SilentVerse
blarajan
Texas Cloverleaf
august
Nails
DittoCrow
Limitless

As you can see I added two seats this round. The reason being is that a lot of people have made a strong effort this round, and this vote is particularly controversial. I figure the more voices we have will be more representative for what is wanted for this vote. I also want to congratulate everyone lately for having such a strong presence on IRC, and for actually debating in the Suspect thread (however flawed some of the arguments may have been 9.9).

Also, because of the nature of this vote, I need the voters to answer these two sets of questions as they think about their votes and to also discuss these with the other voters either on the forums or on IRC:
  • Is Nidoqueen absolutely required to have in order to have a successful RU team? Is not running Nidoqueen immediately put you at a disadvantage? Are there any hard counters to Nidoqueen?
  • Does Nidoqueen legitimately make playing with stall inviable? Is it possible to have a successful stall team in this metagame? Is Nidoqueen the sole reason for this trend?

I also need to make the following statement: This vote will be the last vote until another major shift in the metagame occurs. Or more simply put, no matter how this vote turns out I'm calling RU a balanced tier. There will be no more votes to take place until a strong metagame shift occurs; nothing else currently in the tier is remotely close to being broken. Whether this shift comes from usage stats or the release of the last few remaining Dream World abilities remains to be seen. But until then, RU will have no further votes after this.

Also, this vote will take place in Blind Voting forum in PR. I've done the accepting votes via PM method for a while and just personally am not a fan (plus Nails is a butt and keeps bugging me to go back to BV). I now have the ability to allow people access to the forum so it'll just be 110% simpler to just do it that way. I'll open the voting thread on Friday night, which will give you guys a while to discuss the questions I presented and finalize your arguments.

Thanks for your time and happy voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)