1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Council posted - RU Stage 14

Discussion in 'BW RU' started by Oglemi, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oglemi

Oglemi THE DREAM IS REAL
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

midnight screenshots (open)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All identify yourselves (I was going to do just top 50 but the next scroll gave me everyone above 1800 so *shrug*)

Congratulations to called me superman for getting #1 on the ladder!

Only post in this thread if your alts are one or some of the above!

Simply make a post bolding which alts are yours.

Also remember, just because your alt is listed above DOES NOT mean you'll be on the Council (unless you are called me superman). I have to weigh in the other factors as well for picking the two misc seats!

This thread will close when voting starts really soon, so identify yourselves ASAP please! Voting will take place sometime on this following weekend, and the Pokemon to be voted on is Nidoqueen.
  2. DTC

DTC ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Might as well.

Professor Smeargle
  3. Molk

Molk Crustle knocked off the opposing Rhydon's Assault Vest!
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    RU Co-Leader

4. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Helios
    Aggron Smash
    gaaraxhinata012
    Quebec
  5. col49

col49
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Confirming as whatever reqs ^_^
  6. blarajan

blarajan holla ladies #£14000 #bling #sparkle #bitchesonmydick
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

uhhh

hurricane kingdra but i decayed a lot etc
  7. TROP

TROP *tips fedora*
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Basilicock
  8. Windsong

Windsong .dancin
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

called me superman

ciele you were still awake when i passed you v_v
  9. Cherub Agent

Cherub Agent how lonely is the night without the howl of the wolf
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

BakedBean

my max was 1978, but due to my stupid internet i lost quite a few matches in a row because i timed out (not PS! lag, my own) which really sucks
  10. Nails

Nails EAST 2014
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

prada den
    end da rap
  11. Hikari

Hikari
    is a Past SPL Winner

Halle Lockhart, Sia and Misery Business
  12. kd24

kd24 yo daddy musta been a drug dealer? why, cuz you're dope
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

13. Level 51

Level 51 [17:37:18] boTTT: (Private to @Level 51) ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

i need reqs
    ...yeah but I guess I won't be getting them
    i h8 decay btw
  14. complete legitimacy

complete legitimacy Honko's Happy Funtime With Men
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

once in a lifetime
  15. shiranai

shiranai

16. Ciele

Ciele
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the 1st Grand Slam Winner

Wow, Windsong stole my #1 spot while I was sleeping. I am willing to bet anything that Folgorio is not able to fathom this act of rudeness >:(

All joking aside, Natural Puppy
  17. zdrup15

zdrup15
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

I feel your pain Ciele, windsong did that to me too a year ago xD

Also, I'm nanananana
  18. august

august free the robots
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournament

fuck five oh
    sceptile kid2
  19. Limitless

Limitless Success is the best revenge.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

One Song, One Song II, Come Alive.

One Song was rank 4 and One Song II was rank 12 at the same time roughly two days ago, but I decayed like 150 points on each account (molk and dc can confirm), so I didn't feel like making that up. Midway through the round I was also rank 2 with an account called The Raver.
  20. jrrrrrrr

jrrrrrrr wubwubwub
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

hahaha look at all you sissies using alts

jrrrrrrr reporting in
  21. speed ghilliesniper

speed ghilliesniper

Confirming speedg.
  22. HippowHurr

HippowHurr

I be HOLLA AT ME but Ive dropped quite a bit due to hax and not being able to play as much
  23. DittoCrow

DittoCrow
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

24. Oglemi

Oglemi THE DREAM IS REAL
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

Here's the council in order of the seats:

Windsong
    Ciele
    Bad Romance
    Molk
    SilentVerse
    blarajan
    Texas Cloverleaf
    august
    Nails
    DittoCrow
    Limitless

As you can see I added two seats this round. The reason being is that a lot of people have made a strong effort this round, and this vote is particularly controversial. I figure the more voices we have will be more representative for what is wanted for this vote. I also want to congratulate everyone lately for having such a strong presence on IRC, and for actually debating in the Suspect thread (however flawed some of the arguments may have been 9.9).

Also, because of the nature of this vote, I need the voters to answer these two sets of questions as they think about their votes and to also discuss these with the other voters either on the forums or on IRC:
    • Is Nidoqueen absolutely required to have in order to have a successful RU team? Is not running Nidoqueen immediately put you at a disadvantage? Are there any hard counters to Nidoqueen?
    • Does Nidoqueen legitimately make playing with stall inviable? Is it possible to have a successful stall team in this metagame? Is Nidoqueen the sole reason for this trend?

I also need to make the following statement: This vote will be the last vote until another major shift in the metagame occurs. Or more simply put, no matter how this vote turns out I'm calling RU a balanced tier. There will be no more votes to take place until a strong metagame shift occurs; nothing else currently in the tier is remotely close to being broken. Whether this shift comes from usage stats or the release of the last few remaining Dream World abilities remains to be seen. But until then, RU will have no further votes after this.

Also, this vote will take place in Blind Voting forum in PR. I've done the accepting votes via PM method for a while and just personally am not a fan (plus Nails is a butt and keeps bugging me to go back to BV). I now have the ability to allow people access to the forum so it'll just be 110% simpler to just do it that way. I'll open the voting thread on Friday night, which will give you guys a while to discuss the questions I presented and finalize your arguments.

Thanks for your time and happy voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)