Smogon Superstars IV - Playoff Qualifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smogon Superstars IV

Originally hosted by tripe, hosted this year by undisputed
Smogon Superstars (won by Jibaku)
Smogon Superstars II (won by 6A9 Ace Matador)
Smogon Superstars III
(won by Aeroblacktyl)
[URL="http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3479214"]Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 |[/URL]

Standard Rules and Clauses

• Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Pokemon in the Uber tier are banned.
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause (Brightpowder and Lax Incense are allowed)
  • OHKO Clause
  • Unlike in the regular season, Self-KO Clause is off; a tied game is cause for a rematch with the option to change teams
  • Ingrain Smeargle is banned

• Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause (Brightpowder and Lax Incense are allowed)
  • OHKO Clause
  • Unlike in the regular season, Self-KO Clause is off; a tied game is cause for a rematch with the option to change teams

• Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
The below items and abilities are also banned.

Items

All items that increase Evasion (BrightPowder, Lax Incense)

Abilities

Moody
Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team

Tournament Specific Rules and Information:

The Top 16 players will advance to the playoffs, and we will announce the format for that when we get there. It may be the same as Superstars III playoffs, but I'm hoping to come up with an even better, fresher idea this year.

In addition, any player that leads or ties for the lead of a pool (limited to a two-way tie) will automatically have a chance to make the playoffs! Even if you seem down and out, one good pool performance can mean you're still in it!

Activity decisions will be given out if there is obvious evidence supporting them. There will be no coin flips in the event of equal activity; the match will not count as a win or a loss for either player. To avoid gaming this system, Wins and Games Played is the primary tie breaker (a final record of 11-4 will beat 10-2 based on activity, and 10-3 will also beat 10-2). In the case of the same record, Head to Head will take precedence.

I would like to encourage players to play with Specs Allowed, but I understand if they wish to play otherwise. I love watching/reading good Pokemon matches, so please save logs if you wish to share!

The following players are in:

1. Vinc2612 (11-4)
  2. CrashinBoomBang (11-4)
  3. Bloo (11-4)
  4. M Dragon (11-4)
  5. Reyscarface (11-4)
  6. LizardMan (11-4)
  7. Dragonuser (10-5)
  8. Leftiez (10-5)
  9. Aqualouis (10-5)
  10. panamaxis (10-5)
  11. Floppy (10-5)
  12. Bad Ass (10-5)
  13. undisputed (10-5)
  14. Conflict (10-3)
The following players will be playing for the final 4 slots because they won a pool:

1. Ojama (9-6)
  2. Lady Bug (9-6)
  3. BKC (9-6)
  4. yee (9-6)
  5. MarceloDK (8-7)
  6. Myzozoza (7-8)
  7. DarkLoic (7-8)
  8. Malekith (7-6)
Matchups:

Malekith @ MarceloDK
Dark Loic vs Myzozoa
Myzozoa @ MarceloDK

Ojama vs BKC
yee vs Lady Bug
yee vs Ojama

The player after "@" has home field advantage, meaning they get to pick the metagame they want to play. For example, MarceloDK can choose the metagame he wants to play against Malekith. The games with a plain "vs" means that each player may eliminate a metagame of their choosing. For example, Ojama might eliminate BW and BKC might eliminate DPP. In that case, they would play ADV. Winners move on.

Let's make this round quick. Three days tops. I don't want to hold up the playoffs, and I'm not afraid of giving activity decisions if I see fit.

Malekith @ MarceloDK
MarceloDK @ LizardMan

Dark Loic vs Myzozoa
Myzozoa @ Conflict

Ojama vs BKC

yee vs Lady Bug

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
i played lizard btw, we both forgot to post but he beat me. so he moves to 11-4. srry.

(i didn't save log but he has it i think)

Just so you know Undisputed, I was at work from 9am to 3pm, then got home at 5, showered, and went to bowling league and got home at 11 and played Lizard asap, so I don't think he should be penalized. And this being a tournament for fun and not an official tournament, I believe that the rules should be bended because it was entirely my fault and the match was completed.

RP Psychic Landorus> Undisputed.

GL to all, and I'm rooting for Reyscarface.
fuk u!!!! RP Psychic is B S

do i get to destroy rey next round?
absolutely

i played lizard btw, we both forgot to post but he beat me. so he moves to 11-4. srry.

(i didn't save log but he has it i think)

Just so you know Undisputed, I was at work from 9am to 3pm, then got home at 5, showered, and went to bowling league and got home at 11 and played Lizard asap, so I don't think he should be penalized. And this being a tournament for fun and not an official tournament, I believe that the rules should be bended because it was entirely my fault and the match was completed.
counted!

Malekith @ MarceloDK
Dark Loic vs Myzozoa

Ojama vs BKC
yee vs Lady Bug

I appreciate much this tournament, I focused on it as if it was an official tournaments, at the beginning I was pretty badly because some peoples wouldn't accept my place in this tournament but I was able to prove that I had my place and I hope make a good perf in the rest.
Thanks to Undisputed for trusting me and I hope that I have not disappointed him, GL & HF everyone (GG Vinc) ;)

Malekith @ MarceloDK
Dark Loic vs Myzozoa

Ojama vs BKC very big match here...I can't decide
yee vs Lady Bug

good luck everyone

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
dark loic has not responded to my vm, i will be flying to hawaii on friday and i have finals tomorrow, ill try to be on but it;s hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)