Look At What I Chained

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since my Chaining Guide has been moved to C&C, I decided to create this thread in order to discuss chaining. Ask any questions you have or seek advice you need. Update us on how your chaining is going, whether it's bad or successful. Basically, discussion of any kind is welcome, so just post whatever the hell you want as long as it relates to chaining in some way. In order to maintain a friendly atmosphere, please no flaming of any kind.

All questions and concerns about chaining and my Chaining Guide should be voiced here!

How to technically become a Pro Chainer...
If you're a semi-experienced chainer, and want to chain for others in exchange for pokemon, sign up in the Smogon Services v.2 thread. Post a brief summary of your experience, a resume if you will, in order to be accepted. If you have questions/concerns about this I would encourage you to consult both Ghandi and myself.

Shinies Chained
All the shinies we've chained since my guide was created, add yours today!

Diesel

Beldum x15

Dragonsyth

Shinx x1

Lord Sunday

Absol x1

Spoink x4

Gin

Starly x1

King Battlus

Bronzor x1

Geodude x20

Camerupt x1

Ditto x17

Phanpy

Trust

Beldum x4

Starly x1

Phizzlax

Bonsly x4

DrEnzyme

Voltorb x10

Shinx x10

Surskit x6

TheFrozen

Budew x3

Gligar x3

Absol x1

Swordmaster789

Natu

Soma

Starly x1

The Shadow Knight

Magnemite

Pokeguymon

Rhydon

GTS

Shinx x1

Marrilpet

Togepi x4

Shinx x1

Renske

Nidoran(F) x1

Starly x9

Ralts x3

SirRaven

Beldum x1

Captain Falcon

Cubone x2

BlakBlastoise

Swablu x2

Zephyrman

Ponyta

Houndeath

Shinx x3

MegaMewtwo

Chatot x2

FishMasacre

Starly x4

Ralts x1

Shinx x1

PabloMeza

Skarmory x3

Kusaninja

Aron x1

Lickitung x1

RyouChan

Geodude x6

Backlot

Nosepass x1

Mareep x12

Logic

Snubbull x4

Ejuck

Buizel x1

Hall of Fame Soon to Come

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
First post :)

Shiny Absol is my only chain.

- Shiny Absol (M) (OT)
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Super Luck
IVs: 24 / 7 / 17 / 16 /16-18 /13
EVs: 200 Atk / 56 Satk / 252 Spe

Very nice, Sunday, thanks for that.

Everyone else who has chained anything since the guide was made, please do what Sunday just did. Include your best IV's if you want, as well as the number you captured. I may make little awards for Longest Chain, Most Shinies, Best IV's, etc, just for bragging rights. Only for chains since the guide was created though, to make it fair!

Thanks to your guide I was able to chain this:

Starly (Male)
Nature: Rash
Ability: Keen Eyes
Ivs: 2 / 29 / 6 / 9 / 25 / 2
Hidden Power: Electric 38

Not very good but at least it has decent attack and out speeds Adamant Choice Scarf Heracross when it's given a choice scarf so I will be using it.

About how long should this chaining process take because I was thinking about doing this before I went to bed and I remebered that I needed to be focused?

Well it depends on how good you are at chaining and how rare what you are chaining is. It took me a couple hours to get chaining down, but since Starly is so common, it only took me about 45 min to get a chain of 40 once I really knew what I was doing. It really isn't something I'd recommend trying when you're tired as one wrong move can break your chain.

Soma - Well done, thanks!

xBLUEx - Yea, expect it to take at least an hour or so, the rest depends on how successful you are. I wouldn't recommend doing it while you're tired, for the reason Soma mentioned.

Chronos - Thanks! Have you tried any?

Tochukaso - What is pc+?

Tochukaso - What is pc+?
Post Count increase is my guess.

The only things I've ever chained are Ditto, and that was long before this guide. I did manage to get 3 shinies, one of which was Relaxed with 30 Defense. Unfortunately, I think I released that.

Thanks Diesel and Soma! I'll start chaining tomorrow or Tuesday and I'll tell you how it goes.

Love the quote Jiggy-Ninja. LOL

I reached 40 Rhydons, in front of Stark Mountain, at around 5:20 PM. At the moment, 6:52 PM, I have caught seven shiny Rhydons. Hopefully, one of them is Adamant/Impish; I'll even settle for Brave/Relaxed.

edit: Forgot the mention that your guide was very helpful, Diesel!

Pokeguymon - Very nice. You should be using a synchronizer though, are you?

KB - Ditto is definitely a worthwhile poke to chain, I'll talk to you on AIM about it soon.

Seq - Very true, that's what I like to hear.

Pokeguymon - Very nice. You should be using a synchronizer though, are you?
Yep, I have an Adamant Alakazam slaying away, though I find the 50% of Synchronize not very efficacious...I suppose there isn't single person who doesn't wish the percentage was higher (other than the people who programmed it to be 50%, wanting us to slave away at our DSes), but hey, what can we do?

Yep, I have an Adamant Alakazam slaying away, though I find the 50% of Synchronize not very efficacious...I suppose there isn't single person who doesn't wish the percentage was higher (other than the people who programmed it to be 50%, wanting us to slave away at our DSes), but hey, what can we do?
Hack your game ;)

I got a shiny relaxed Uxie (hence the avatar) when I was SRing for Uxies, if that counts. :3 Which should count since people can post their results on SRing in the "look what I bred" thread.

After I'm done breeding Absols, I plan on going Ditto chaining, so you can expect some results here. :]

is chaining ditto tough? i was thinking about doing that and just catching all of them as i go to see if i get any good IVs?
They are no harder than other Pokemon. Route 218 is actually a fairly good place to chain. It's just big enough that it works.

I've done the exact same thing before. By my estimation, I've caught over 1,200 Ditto in D/P by chaining. Just be warned that good ones are very hard to come by.

When catching Ditto, there are 2 ways to catch them efficiently.

1) Hack a shit load of Master Balls.

2) Swap to a Wurple or Magikarp when the Ditto Transforms. 'Karp and Wurmple have the easiest catch rates in the game, and since Transform copies a Pokemon's catch rate, a Dusk or Repeat ball will capture a full health Ditto.

Thanks for that Jujubee ;) .

Shiny Uxie is sick, Bentendo! Congrats, even if it has nothing to do with Chaining, lol. Best of luck on Dittos. For some reason I had a really shitty time catching those, AKA Quick Balls failed, so bring the proper team unless you want to get frustrated like I did.

Nicely done Marrilpet, good luck.

1,200????? Are you serious? What are your best IV's??

Shiny Uxie is sick, Bentendo! Congrats, even if it has nothing to do with Chaining, lol. Best of luck on Dittos. For some reason I had a really shitty time catching those, AKA Quick Balls failed, so bring the proper team unless you want to get frustrated like I did.
Thanks. I'm gonna name it Bob Marley, rofl.

Congrats on the previous 5 stars, now down to 3 stars. So many haters. :(

Thanks for that Jujuomi ;) .

Nicely done Marrilpet, good luck.

1,200????? Are you serious? What are your best IV's??

There fixed your spelling mistake. xD

I'm thinking 1200 total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)