Look At What I Chained

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had bad experience with edges, tend to avoid them, inner corner hasn't been bad for me...

X E
C X

Assuming the E is empty (no grass), the C has been fine.

I recently chained Ditto, mainly to have breeding stock rather then Shinies, and the Shiny killed the chain. Best I ever chained was

Ralts (Male, Adamant)
30/30/28/20/15/28

Dam i want that ralts -_-
Just got this stupid thing at a chain of 37 got 2 more but there were crap
Calm Ledian
12/14/29/30/21/31

I'm chaining eevees in the trophy garden right now. Does anyone know the best spot to reset in there?

EDIT: The fifteenth eevee of my chain was shiny! My brother will be so excited as he shiny hunted about a year (off and on) for a shiny eevee in his fire red by hatching eggs to no avail

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
I'm chaining eevees in the trophy garden right now. Does anyone know the best spot to reset in there?

EDIT: The fifteenth eevee of my chain was shiny! My brother will be so excited as he shiny hunted about a year (off and on) for a shiny eevee in his fire red by hatching eggs to no avail
Usually a spot in the most middle area of the Garden.

The very centermost spot of the garden is really the only viable place to stand from what I've heard. Apparently you just reset and reset until you get safe places. Generally the safe patches reappear in the same places from what people have told me.

Edit: Almost time for a "mark 2," thanks guys!

I chained a bunch of swablus.

Got a really good altaria.

The optimal patch theory really, really helped. The first five chains or so I went to 'safe' patches on chain 30 or so but they weren't reliable, then I tried doing the opitimal patches and it worked well and got me to forty a bunch of times =) (except when I went in quadrant 2 for some reason...)

I'm chaining Flaaffy currently...I really want to get a better IV'd shiny Ampharos.

After I get it, I will try my hand at chaining for Eevee or Porygon.

I've recently been using Serebii's chaining guide and have had great success and tried yours but haven't gotten any shinies:( HELP?

Shelcario - I thought we already went over this?? If Serebii's works, use it, I don't understand why you would switch to my strategies when you're already having success.

My eevee chain is doing really well (still)...I have quite a lot of them and will probably run out of balls before I break the chain(I had close to 200 balls total but apparently eevees are very hard to catch). However, I was thinking about the chaining guide while I was starting the chain last night. Instead of trying to remember everything you said, I basically decided to only enter non-red four patches of grass, and I would only enter these patches if they had a two or a three patch in the same quadrant that wasn't touching the 4 patch. If the non-red four patch has either no other patches in the same quadrant or more than one other patches in that quadrant, I reset

I was wondering, is that really the main core of your strategy, or should I keep re-reading it often (as I seem to understand more and more of it each time I read it)? Also, the non-red four patches comment was referring to this
4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4
4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4
4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 Y 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4
4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4
4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4
UPDATE: I finally did run out of balls, but not before getting my chain to 105 and catching 67 shiny eevees. I'm not going to check them until tomorrow because I am exhausted and tired of looking at my ds, but hopefully I will get some usable ones (about half of them should be timid because I used a synchronizer)

Eevee x67

UPDATE 2: Someone else really needs to post here so I don't keep having to update this post and making it so long...Anyways, these seem like the best eevees I got on the chain, but there are several others I will be adding to my thread too when I have more time available

SHINY Jolteon
Timid - Male
IVs:
30/26/2/30/26/30
EVs: 6/x/x/252/x/252
~ Baton Pass
~ Thunderbolt
~ Substitute
~ Shadow Ball

-AND-

SHINY Espeon
Timid - Male
IVs:
30/26/2/30/26/30
EVs:
6/x/x/252/x/252
~ Hidden Power (Fighting 70)
~ Psychic
~ Shadow Ball
~ Baton Pass

Oh my gosh, weakestlink

That's incredible.

I must go chain for Eevee now.

Any suggestions? My chains always break below ten there.

As for me, I got a 40 chain for Flaaffy yesterday...I swear, it's SO easy to chain on Route 222, I got the 40 chain in less than 4000 steps. Furthermore, I got an early shiny at a chain of like 34, so I'm hoping to catch a lot. I already have a shiny Ampharos, but it has sucky IVs, so I'm hoping the shiny Flaaffy I catch in this chain has better ones.

Wish me luck.

Diesel, I'd like help. I don't get the Optimal Patch theory, mainly because I can't see what patches you are talking about. The colors are hard on my eyes. Thank you:toast:.

Oh my gosh, weakestlink

That's incredible.

I must go chain for Eevee now.

Any suggestions? My chains always break below ten there.

As for me, I got a 40 chain for Flaaffy yesterday...I swear, it's SO easy to chain on Route 222, I got the 40 chain in less than 4000 steps. Furthermore, I got an early shiny at a chain of like 34, so I'm hoping to catch a lot. I already have a shiny Ampharos, but it has sucky IVs, so I'm hoping the shiny Flaaffy I catch in this chain has better ones.

Wish me luck.
My best advice is to not chain eevees, but thats just because I don't want competition.lol

Really, always reset in the center grass patch, and then only go to that "optimal patch theory" patches. Then work your way back to the center patch before resetting again. I made up a numbering system in my head in which I assigned values to each patch and step to ensure I always ended in an optimal patch theory patch from the center patch, but that would be impossible for me to explain without being there in person to demonstrate what I mean. Just keep working though and you'll find a strategy that works perfect for you (I can't believe I'm giving advice on chaining even though my first successful chain was only a few days ago)

That Espeon is mine. o.o
Is that a CMT Flurries?

That Espeon has inspired me to get back into chaining.

Very nice job getting it weakestlink! Congrats!
Thanks :). It was exactly what I was going for (except slightly better as I didn't even dream of getting hp fighting 70). Hopefully I can stay that lucky in future chaining projects

Wow, had my first pokeradar shinies today... 3 shinx and 3 electrike in a couple of hours. As far as I can telll right now a few of them may be usable. Now to try Gligar....

I'm back like... months later, and still suck at chaining. I haven't gotten one shiny yet. xD

So... yeah. >3 I still need help.

Nice espeon + Hp fight 70 to boot.
Just wondering, is there any patch of grass that contains only one kind of pokemon so it'll be so easy to chain?

Werpooler - Nope, or else it'd be nearly impossible to not get to 40.

Kuri-Chan - You'll need to be a little more specific if you want help. What is your downfall exactly?

Pimplup - Copy + paste and change the colored squares to bold perhaps?

Werpooler - Nope, or else it'd be nearly impossible to not get to 40.

Kuri-Chan - You'll need to be a little more specific if you want help. What is your downfall exactly?

Pimplup - Copy + paste and change the colored squares to bold perhaps?
OK, thanks a lot Diesel!!

Are these the patches?

4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 |~|~| 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4
4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 |~|~| 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4
4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4 |~|~| 4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4 |~|~| 4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 Y 1 2 3 4 |~|~| 4 3 2 1 Y 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4 |~|~| 4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4 |~|~| 4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4
4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 |~|~| 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4
4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 |~|~| 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4

Okay, guys, thanks for a great run here in Look At What I Chained - Mark 1! This thread has been everything I wanted it to be, and my thanks go out to all who have contributed and taken an interest in chaining in one way or another. I hope mark 2 has the same success!

As always, good luck and happy hunting!
~Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)