Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Rules for answering questions here:
1. Your answers should contain at least a brief explanation, even if it was the simplest of questions.
2. While answering Yes/No question, please quote the question you're referring to.

oh yeh
anything other than Shedinja?
I'm actually looking for something easy to breed that needs Focus Sash because then you just need for Atk/SpA and Speed.
Shedinja isn't cool enough to breed for.

Counter-Sash Gengar is a pretty neat set. Lead Weaviles also work well with sash and/or Counter.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Timid, Hasty, what nature and how do people run Rotom, and Rotom-*forme* the most efficient way? And how is it run as a Sp.Atk.er?

Timid, Hasty, what nature and how do people run Rotom, and Rotom-*forme* the most efficient way? And how is it run as a Sp.Atk.er?
I find alot more people are running defensive sets for the Rotom forms, focusing on the special side since they have great physical immunities. I found a few users running a timid, max speed air-form Rotom to abuse Air Slash, but it's only gimmicky.

I have 5 saved battle logs of my new NU team losing and I was wondering if I could PM somebody so they could tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Who is the best user of Focus Sash and why?
ninjask
sashed ninjask is almost garunteed to be able to pass +2 attack and speed to the recipient of your choice. that will usualyy be gamebreaking.
i run a this set and have 6-0d tons of teams because of it
ninjask@focus sash
jolly 252attack 252speed 4defense
-swords dance
-protect
-x-scissor
-baton pass

ninjask
sashed ninjask is almost garunteed to be able to pass +2 attack and speed to the recipient of your choice. that will usualyy be gamebreaking.
i run a this set and have 6-0d tons of teams because of it
ninjask@focus sash
jolly 252attack 252speed 4defense
-swords dance
-protect
-x-scissor
-baton pass
please tell me you're joking.

This question only applies if Fly is still glitched on Smogon server of Shoddy.
What do I do if I find someone using Fly in ladder?

Are you sure? I just saw someone get banned for using Fly today in the Smogon server.

A few days ago, I swept with a Fly-using Farfetch'd in a random battle, too.
A couple weeks ago, some mods tested it and found out that it was not glitched anymore. It may have changed though, I'm not entirely certain.

When I switch in a poke with a flame orb, it may or may not burn as soon as I switch in. What depends on whether or not it burns the user as soon as they switch in?

I think if you actually switch it in (that is, have your current active Pokemon retreat, and switch the Flame Orb holder in), it should activate immedietly, when you switch in the Flame Orb holding Pokemon after your current active Pokemon was defeated, it doesnt activate until the end of the next turn.

That help?

I bred a Porygon2, to be used as a lead with Discharge/Ice Beam/Magic Coat/Recover.

What EV spread should I use? I want it to counter Salamance and Gyarados well. (particurly special oriented Salamance)

I'd use the EV spread on the analysis, but there's little explanation. And I think they are tailored a bit to OHKO Garchomp, who is now Uber.

Thanks in advance!

You shouldn't be using Porygon2 to counter special Salamence; simply because Draco Meteor will very nearly OHKO you, so it's really only useful in a lead-off scenario. If you want to be able to survive that, then I would recommend a Bold nature, with 252 HP / 88 SpD / 168Def. You don't need any Special Attack investment at all to OHKO Salamence, and when using Discharge you need a very significant SpA investment to OHKO Gyarados (who you beat anyway) Seeing as you'll always lose against Salamence when switching into Draco Meteor (barring a miss) you would probably just be better off with max HP and Defense. Taking Life Orb Outrages from Salamence requires a lot more investment than taking Dragon Pulses from Heatran, so that's probably the best way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)