Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, GE, this is how stats are calculated:

HP has a different formula to the other stats.

HP Stat = ((IV + 2 * Base Stat + (EV / 4)) * Level/100) + 10 + Level

Other stats:

Stat = (((IV + 2 * Base Stat + (EV / 4)) * Level/100) + 5 * Nature Value

(Nature value is either 1.1 for positive nature or 0.9 for negative nature)

Hope that helps.

LR.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Her use of Farfetched is rather impressive to me, but I doubt it could do anything useful.

I traditionally like UU, but I need a better pool to select from. Altaria and Gorebyss are a start, but Delcatty wouldn't fit in...
I'd say Normalized STAB Thunder is fun, but you're working off of the XD Purified one, most likely, so...

Anyone familiar with the Wi-fi USB connector?

I have a problem that seems to be happening for both of my computers, one desktop upstairs and one laptop downstairs, ruling out interference problems and firewall shit. For some reason, whenever I try to get on Wi-fi with my DS, it has this weird thing of showing up as fully connected, with 3 green bars, and then for no reason terminating the connection suddenly. I have the same problem with my Wii as well. The error message always shows up as something like "cannot find Wifi USB connector" or "cannot connect to internet" (to be specific, stuff like 52203 at I enter on Nintendo's site and doesn't help at all).

Anyone know of something like this? x_x; I need to get some trades done today.
I know others have commented as well, but from my experiences, the WiFi Connector is a piece of garbage, and this is confirmed by the fact that Nintendo discontinued it. I had one that worked fine for a few months, then got all pissy about not wanting to work, then stopped entirely. My cousin went through 3 of them.

My advice is to do yourself a favor and pick up the Linksys WRT54GS wireless router... it can be had for $39.97 from Wal-Mart. I got one this past weekend and I had my DS connected within 5 minutes. Yeah, you have to settle for WEP encryption as that is the only one the DS is compatible with it, but it seems to be easy to use and most people I've talked to have had success with it.

Of course... this assumes you have some kind of high-speed internet connection as well.

I need some help with Weavile...
@Nevermeltice
6HP/252Atk/252Spe
Adamant? Jolly?
Ice Shard
Night Slash
Brick Break
Ice Punch? Pursuit? Swords Dance? Maybe even Iron Tail? I'm trying to be original...
I've had a lot of experience with Weavile on my teams, and I've found that if you really want to use him well, then you'd want to follow the choices listed on the analysis, as they're all of the best roles Weavile has in the current OU environment. Trying to deviate by being "original" won't work on something like Weavile..

However, I do have some suggestions, the first being some alternatives on the Anti-lead set if that's what you want to try. Basically, it's:

Weavile @ Focus Sash/Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Moves:
Taunt
Pusuit
Fake Out/Counter
Ice Shard

I prefer Life Orb, but it's your call if you're not opting for Counter. (For Counter, yeah you pretty much need it, heh. I don't see why the analysis recommends a Hasty {-Defense, +Speed} nature when Weavile dies to most physical hits anyway.. >_> )

Basically, you nearly always win against opposing Ghosts, Psychics, and stuff like Ninjask, Yanmenga, and Aerodactyl (you lose against Aero if you don't have LO and Fake Out, though!). For most bulky leads like Tyranitar and Bronzong, and even the typical lead Infernape sets, Taunt first as they'll almost always try to set up and/or Stealth Rock. Then you let Weavile run for its life. ;D However, never stay in against Metagross. You can never tell if it'll try to kill you (with something like Bullet Punch) or if it has Trick, ruining Weavile with a Choice Scarf (at least you can outrun Jolteon now!). A Choice Band isn't as harsh, though.

So yeah, that's my two cents. Knock Off, Embargo, and Reflect are interesting options (don't even consider Nasty Plot, ha ha), but I find that generally they can't compete for a slot against the other moves already listed.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I know others have commented as well, but from my experiences, the WiFi Connector is a piece of garbage, and this is confirmed by the fact that Nintendo discontinued it. I had one that worked fine for a few months, then got all pissy about not wanting to work, then stopped entirely. My cousin went through 3 of them.

My advice is to do yourself a favor and pick up the Linksys WRT54GS wireless router... it can be had for $39.97 from Wal-Mart. I got one this past weekend and I had my DS connected within 5 minutes. Yeah, you have to settle for WEP encryption as that is the only one the DS is compatible with it, but it seems to be easy to use and most people I've talked to have had success with it.

Of course... this assumes you have some kind of high-speed internet connection as well.
I've only had this for a week and a half and it died already!?

Yeah, I kind of do, but I'm rather pissed that I wasted my money on something like that if it's true. ;_;

I've only had this for a week and a half and it died already!?

Yeah, I kind of do, but I'm rather pissed that I wasted my money on something like that if it's true. ;_;
Unfortunately, I'm not surprised to hear it, as I have heard of others who's did not last long at all either.

Also unfortunately, you can't appeal to Nintendo either as they wisely discontinued it. Where did you get it from? Maybe you can get some kind of refund from the seller.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Unfortunately, I'm not surprised to hear it, as I have heard of others who's did not last long at all either.

Also unfortunately, you can't appeal to Nintendo either as they wisely discontinued it. Where did you get it from? Maybe you can get some kind of refund from the seller.
From a used seller on Amazon.com. x_x; Because it was discontinued, they only offered used ones, I don't know if you can ask for refunds on those....

Thank you for telling me, though. ._.; Too bad I have lots of pending trades in the Wi-fi forum, I feel somewhat stressed now even though i don't have a thread....

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Would people benefit from a warstory guide? Like someone explains in detail how to write a good one? The rules and taboo's section on it leaves a lot to be desired. Yes this was sparked by a few warstories I have read (fuck those vibrant colours!) where they either miss the point of the warstory entirely or make it so difficult to read that people just skip over it. Also if such a guide was written where would it be posted?

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think the Archive is kind of a guide enough. If more people took the time to read through the excellent warstories in there, then I think the quality of warstories submitted to stark as a whole would be improved considerably.

Anyway, the Rules and Taboos thread does lay down some basic guidelines for writing warstories, and the archive has prime examples of the finer details such as formatting, etc.

LR.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I guess it isn't needed. Though some seriously need to go through all the archive battles...

From a used seller on Amazon.com. x_x; Because it was discontinued, they only offered used ones, I don't know if you can ask for refunds on those....

Thank you for telling me, though. ._.; Too bad I have lots of pending trades in the Wi-fi forum, I feel somewhat stressed now even though i don't have a thread....
I've gotten refunds from sellers on Amazon before... unless they specifically say no refunds, just tell them the thing didn't work. The worst they'll say is no, so it doesn't hurt to try.

But yeah... seriously... go get that other router. I'm pretty much illiterate when it comes to that kind of thing and I had my DS online in about 15 minutes after opening the box.

How can i get shoddy running again?
It was working fine then it just stopped working. When i try to open it i get an error message. I tried to delete it and download it again but i get the same message and i can't even download it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)