Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time a suspect is tested, I see the term deviation used, what does this refer to? How do I calculate it? Whenever I Google it, I find marketing stuff...

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Anyone familiar with the Wi-fi USB connector?

I have a problem that seems to be happening for both of my computers, one desktop upstairs and one laptop downstairs, ruling out interference problems and firewall shit. For some reason, whenever I try to get on Wi-fi with my DS, it has this weird thing of showing up as fully connected, with 3 green bars, and then for no reason terminating the connection suddenly. I have the same problem with my Wii as well. The error message always shows up as something like "cannot find Wifi USB connector" or "cannot connect to internet" (to be specific, stuff like 52203 at I enter on Nintendo's site and doesn't help at all).

Anyone know of something like this? x_x; I need to get some trades done today.

Every time a suspect is tested, I see the term deviation used, what does this refer to? How do I calculate it? Whenever I Google it, I find marketing stuff...
When you view your view your rating on ShoddyBattle you will get a "rating", two numbers; x - y. Deviation is the high number - low number / 2. So let's presume my rating was 1500 - 1600, my deviation would be 1600 - 1500 / 2 = 50.

What is the server for the suspect tests?
Smogon University. When loading ShoddyBattle, click Advanced.
Host: shoddybattle.smogon.com
Port: 50000

Under the find tab, there is a drop down list, with Suspect Ladder as a choice.

I caught a great Heatran and infected it with Pokerus a long time ago. Now it has that "sad face" logo, which means the Pokerus effect has passed right?

Now if I EV train this Heatran, does the EV doubling effect of Pokerus still work?

I caught a great Heatran and infected it with Pokerus a long time ago. Now it has that "sad face" logo, which means the Pokerus effect has passed right?

Now if I EV train this Heatran, does the EV doubling effect of Pokerus still work?
Yes, the effects remain, you simply cannot pass it on to another Pokémon.

I know these questions don't go here but I don't know where else to ask.

i can't get on shoddy, It wont open. It says it can't launch the applicaiton. How do i fix it? I was running fine, then i got out of it and tried to open it again and it did not work.

Anyone familiar with the Wi-fi USB connector?

I have a problem that seems to be happening for both of my computers, one desktop upstairs and one laptop downstairs, ruling out interference problems and firewall shit. For some reason, whenever I try to get on Wi-fi with my DS, it has this weird thing of showing up as fully connected, with 3 green bars, and then for no reason terminating the connection suddenly. I have the same problem with my Wii as well. The error message always shows up as something like "cannot find Wifi USB connector" or "cannot connect to internet" (to be specific, stuff like 52203 at I enter on Nintendo's site and doesn't help at all).

Anyone know of something like this? x_x; I need to get some trades done today.
It.. might be your firewall. Disable it and it should work.

What is the standard set for current Rotom appliances? EVs? Nature? etc
Right now I've noticed a few sets:

The Trick set, which is typically popular on Rotom-H. It goes something like:

Timid @Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Special Attack/252 Speed
Trick
Thunderbolt
Overheat/other signature move
Shadow Ball/filler

Then there are Choice Specs variants, and defensive Rotom sets, which run a Bold nature, Leftovers/Light Clay, support moves like Reflect and Light Screen, and 252 HP/252 Defense.

I know these questions don't go here but I don't know where else to ask.

i can't get on shoddy, It wont open. It says it can't launch the applicaiton. How do i fix it? I was running fine, then i got out of it and tried to open it again and it did not work.
Probably due to lag on your computer. If you can't get Shoddy to work for a while, restart the computer and it should work.

Probably due to lag on your computer. If you can't get Shoddy to work for a while, restart the computer and it should work.
I'm pretty sure it's not lagg. I don't have anything open at the time and it still wont work.

Anyone esle know why shoddy is not running on my comuter? I tried to delete it and re install it but that did not work either.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
It.. might be your firewall. Disable it and it should work.
It is disabled, on both computers. Still doesn't work.

The thing is that it worked fine before, same settings, I didn't change anything except for installing A-squared and HijackThis on my desktop. Even then, that doesn't explain why it's like that on my laptop...

It is disabled, on both computers. Still doesn't work.

The thing is that it worked fine before, same settings, I didn't change anything except for installing A-squared and HijackThis on my desktop. Even then, that doesn't explain why it's like that on my laptop...
Yeah, that's weird. I have the same Wifi USB stick, but on the only time I've had a problem with it, installing the newer version, 1.06, seemed to resolve it.

I know this is going to sound like a dumb question, but did you remember to enable permission for your Wii and DS user accounts when you tried to connect? Like, when you're trying to connect to the USB stick for the first time with a DS or Wii, on the computer the USB Wifi program should pop up with a list of users. If you don't enable your DS by right-clicking on its name, you won't be able to connect. Yeah, sorry if it seems like I'm insulting your intelligence or something.. ._.'

I'm pretty sure it's not lagg. I don't have anything open at the time and it still wont work.

Anyone esle know why shoddy is not running on my comuter? I tried to delete it and re install it but that did not work either.
Another mystery. Maybe something's wrong with your Java (like maybe it needs an update or something)?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Yeah, that's weird. I have the same Wifi USB stick, but on the only time I've had a problem with it, installing the newer version, 1.06, seemed to resolve it.

I know this is going to sound like a dumb question, but did you remember to enable permission for your Wii and DS user accounts when you tried to connect? Like, when you're trying to connect to the USB stick for the first time with a DS or Wii, on the computer the USB Wifi program should pop up with a list of users. If you don't enable your DS by right-clicking on its name, you won't be able to connect. Yeah, sorry if it seems like I'm insulting your intelligence or something.. ._.'
It's fine, I'd only be insulted if you were like "YOU FUCKIN' EEDDEEEOTTTT" xD But yeah, of course I did that.

It's an abnormal problem, though, I consulted a couple of friends of mine and one even came over, and yeah. x_x;

Still haven't done the desktop solution, but as I said, very weird that I have the exact same problem on my laptop, even when I installed that latest one with Vista compatibility.

On a standard curselax, what would be the best complimentary move to return? I'd say fire punch, but it becomes a BP of 150 on SE hits, while a stab return becomes 153, so what would be best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)