Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do the base speeds work? Like base 90's= this speed?
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking... but base speed is the base stat that the actual stat is derived from..., it's just used since speed is a bit different from other stats, not the calculation, but the fact that you just need it to be higher than your opponents since there's no other calculation besides whose Speed is greater.

Id like to know that answer too General.

Ive been toying with the idea of Dual Screen Jirachi, pretty much Im just adding in both screens on the analyses set..

Impish
252 HP, even defenses
Light Clay
Light Screen
Reflect
U-Turn
Stealth Rock

And using it as my lead, think Im trying to do too much with it?

Smogon Breeding Project. An organized event in which one person breeds a Pokemon with high, specific criteria, and usually tutored or Egg moves, be it one or a chain long. That person trades copies of the final product in exchange for free copies of the other finals from others who participated in that SBP#.

whooosh!. You really seem to know a lot of pokes facts here in Smogon..

Another Question: Whats IIRC?

@ morse coder. if i recall correctly.

Also, I need help with shoddy login....nothing is working, i dont even get a complete server list...PM?

hey, im wondering how me first is supposed to work against focus punch?
i was just using it on shoddy and it did this

Code:
Opponent switched in Lucario (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
Tyranitar is tightening its focus!
Lucario used Me First.
Lucario used Focus Punch.
Tyranitar used Focus Punch.
It's super effective!
Lucario lost 91% of its health.
is that what is supposed to happen?
is focus punch supposed to do nothing if it is me firsted?

What is that item that reduces your speed to 1? Iron Ball or Lagging Tail? Or do they make you go last no matter what?

Iron ball cuts your speed by 50%, lagging tail makes you move last.

EDIT: Last no matter what unless, the opponent has a lagging tail, in which the slower poke will move first.

But just remember that lagging tail does not actually lower your speed (i.e. it does not boost Gyro Ball). It merely makes the user always move last.

Is there any way you can SR on an egg with AR? I've owned one for a year and I'm still a nub.
Yes. This is known as a Hard Reset, where you physically turn the DS on and off to reset, in order to be able to use the AR codes.

Basically:
1. Save in front of the desired egg.
2. Turn DS off.
3. Turn DS on with AR inserted.
4. Choose the codes you want to use.
5. Start up the game.
6. Use the AR codes, probably IV Check, to check your egg.

Hopefully that's not too confusing...

Yes. This is known as a Hard Reset, where you physically turn the DS on and off to reset, in order to be able to use the AR codes.

Basically:
1. Save in front of the desired egg.
2. Turn DS off.
3. Turn DS on with AR inserted.
4. Choose the codes you want to use.
5. Start up the game.
6. Use the AR codes, probably IV Check, to check your egg.

Hopefully that's not too confusing...
I stopped doing hard reseting because after a while, the DS wouldn't read my games anymore so try not to hard reset alot. :P

im after a good IV spread for a darkri, I'm going to probably try the Nasty Plot set (unless you can tell me something significantly better.

thanks.

Thanks Lorak! ♥♥♥

hey, im wondering how me first is supposed to work against focus punch?
i was just using it on shoddy and it did this

Code:
Opponent switched in Lucario (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
Tyranitar is tightening its focus!
Lucario used Me First.
Lucario used Focus Punch.
Tyranitar used Focus Punch.
It's super effective!
Lucario lost 91% of its health.
is that what is supposed to happen?
is focus punch supposed to do nothing if it is me firsted?
Focus Punch has higher (initial) priority than Me First, so since the user of Me First has to go first in a turn for it to work, Me First will always fail to work against Focus Punch.

Me First isn't generally a good move, for my taste at least. ;P

im after a good IV spread for a darkri, I'm going to probably try the Nasty Plot set (unless you can tell me something significantly better.

thanks.
NP Darkrai standard: Timid, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP. You want as much speed as possible to tie with other Darkrai at the least. With 70/90/90 defenses I think it's too fragile to bother trying to invest in them. Set up that Sub and try to sweep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)