CAP 8 CAP 8 - Policy Committee Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This is the thread for people to announce their desire to be on the Policy Committee for the upcoming creation project. Do not suggest other people.

The Policy Committee performs the following key functions:
  • Selecting a Topic Leader for the CAP Project
  • Creating Policy Review topics
  • Voting in Policy Review polls
The Policy Committee selection process is designed to be very inclusive. This is not a popularity contest. Anyone with an established history of active involvement on the CAP project, that has the desire to serve on this committee -- should be selected. The main purpose of this thread, is to force members to overtly request to be a part of the committee, and be willing to advertise their history of involvement on the CAP project. That's it. Selection to this committee should have nothing to do with whether a person is "liked" or "disliked" -- but you must be "active".

All Topic Leader nominees will be automatically nominated for inclusion on the Policy Committee, after the conclusion of the Topic Leader vote. Anyone that is active enough on the CAP project to seek the TL position, is assumed to be active enough to desire a position on the Policy Committee. However, just because the TL nominees are automatically nominated for the Policy Commitee, does not mean they will be automatically selected. See the Process guide sticky for more information about the Policy Committee.

This thread is strictly for candidacy posts. Do not post support for the candidates, since this is not a public poll. This is not a discussion topic about the Policy Committee, so please do not ask questions about it here.

Here are the rules for Policy Committee candidacy posting:

• Candidates must have been actively involved through the entire duration of the most recent CAP project (CAP 7). Involvement in multiple CAP projects is preferred. Voting is not "active involvement". Lurking is not "active involvement". You must have a strong track record of making intelligent posts and contributions to the project. Active playtesting on the CAP server is a highly valued contribution to the project.

• You must have a clear understanding of the CAP process and rules. If you are not familiar with current policy, you cannot expect to participate in changing it.

• If you are a member of the current Policy Committee -- then you simply need to make a post stating, "I am a member of the current Policy Committee, and I would like to serve on the committee again." It is not necessary for you to re-post your qualifications.

• If you are not a member of the current Policy Committee -- include a brief summary of your involvement in the CAP project. Include enough summary to remind the moderators of who you are and what you have done here. If you assume the mods are familiar with your work, and they are not -- then it is your fault if you are passed over.

• Make candidacy posts only. A sure-fire way to prove that you do not understand CAP rules is to go off-topic in this thread.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am a member of the current Policy Committee, and I would like to serve on the committee again

I've been actively involved in the current CaPs, and I'd say I am a veteran of CaP as I have actively been in the server playtesting and playtesting against the seven CaPs beginning with Syclant. On top of that, I am a CaP server mod and won the playtesting title of CaP 7. Please consider me for a PRC spot.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am a member of the current Policy Committee, and I would like to serve on the committee again.

Bobtheball4

CAP Playtesting Expert
I'm gonna try this for once.

I have been part of CaP from around Pyroak but I was a lurker, but I have been paying attention more to the forum process since arghonaut.

But I have been very active on the server since pyroaks time, and nearly everyone (if not all) will say they know me if they go to server, and I am one of the few 20 or so regulars on the server, and have been playtesting a lot(you can see that in the prolific member threads).

I nominate myself.

I've been on the server for and long time. And have contribute to the CAP project a lot. I joined Smogon and started to contribute to the CAP around 2 or 3. I took part in discussions and arguments on both the server and forums. I've also playtested Kitsunoh the whole playtesting.

I'm a driver for the CAP server(pseudo mod). I've playtested all of the most of the CaPs and I try
to contribute as much I can to each of the CAP project. Hope to make the PRC this time :)

I'll try this again! If you really don't know me, I'm Addie.

I've been a lurker since Fidgit, and got interested in Arghonaut. I'm an active CAP poster, and try to provide helpful information on Policy Review threads, when I can.

I am active on the server and IRC channel, always there for a battle to test something if you need one, or if you need someone to help with teams. I also participate in discussions about the current CAP often.

Thanks, and I hope you consider me for a CAP position.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I am a member of the current Policy Committee, and I would like to serve on the committee again.

That said, I was very active during the last CAP, I'm a server mod, and I was a past TL.

(the below is unnescessary and the original post was better anyway)

I have been around since testing CaPs since syclant and I am also an active server mod. Pretty much the same qualifications as Plus except I've been a mod longer but I don't have the playtesting title.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I apologize to the people who have already posted here, that are are on the current committee -- I forgot to use the right format for the OP.

If you are a member of the current Policy Committee -- then you simply need to make a post stating, "I am a member of the current Policy Committee, and I would like to serve on the committee again." It is not necessary for you to re-post your qualifications.

I've updated the OP to reflect this. Sorry about that. For those current committee members that already posted qualifications, no need to edit them back out. Or you can -- your choice...

Sure, Wynaut.

My CAP activity began with Kitsunoh, and participated as much as reasonably possible during the process. I usually only discussed submissions with others, though I did submit my own movepool. I'm active on #CAP, though I'm not on the Shoddy as much as I'd like to be.

I stick out because I think rationally and always look beyond "now" to see what possible outcomes there are. I'm good with rules and standards, though I tend to ask a lot of questions because uncertainty makes me paranoid.

Thanks for considering.

I guess I will throw my hat in for participation. I have been one of the most active members of #CAP, from everything including debating policy, and the actual creation of the pokemon. I've shown to be knowledgeable enough to back up what I say in arguments and discussions, and have been doing such for the past couple of CAPs.

Vote moi for CAP PRC!

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I will try :)

I've been lurking in CAP for an extremely long time (I looked at Syclant, though I missed Pyroak, I got really interested around Fidgit though). I started voting actively and discussing CAPs with other people around...Stratagem I believe. I believe I have some good ideas and can look at others' ideas rationally.

While I discuss CAPs with people I haven't had the time to learn the metagame yet, though I plan to. I'm an active member on #cap and enjoy discussing CAP related topics.

Thanks for considering me!

I've been meaning to do this for a while.

I would like to nominate myself for the policy review committee.I've payed close attention to the Create-A-Pokemon project since birth and I'm loving it. Anyway, I'm constantly on the server (#cap too) and I'm familiar with most of the regs and mods. My knowledge on the metagame is pretty considerable although I don't battle much anymore. That aside, joining the committee I would like to offer my knowledge, my opinions, and my friendship as well. (I can't say I'll always agree though!)

Thanks for your consideration.

I may as well give this a try.

I would like to nominate myself for the policy review committee.
I have been an active user on Doug's Create-a-Pokemon server and have been playtesting CaPs since the end of CaP 3. I am also a tenured Tourney Organizer, as well as a Driver.

I will not deny that I have not been the most active user on the forums, but I intend to increase my activity here, starting with my participation in the creation of CaP 8.

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'll give it a go.

I would like to nominate myself for the Policy Review Committee. I've lurked through Arghonaut's creation and have been a server regular for all of Kitsunoh's playtesting.

Thanks for your time.

I am a member of the current Policy Committee, and I would like to serve on the committee again

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I'm Magmortified. I was the TL for CAP 7 and have been very active in the CAP project overall. Additionally, I am a mod on the server and have demonstrated a good understanding of how the Pokemon we're making play in the metagame. I've contributed to the project since Revenankh and would like to make a difference by being part of the PRC.

Also, it's nice to see CAP growing with so many new people applying to the committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)