CAP 8 CAP 8 - Topic Leader Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Only CAP 8 Policy Committee members can vote in this thread. Posts by anyone else will be deleted. Policy Committee members are listed here.
The Topic Leader is the most important leadership position in the project during the creation process. So, it is important that we pick someone that will do a good job. For this reason, we do not choose a TL by popular community vote. Instead we choose the TL by a committee of trusted expert project members.

Here is the list of self-nominated candidates (in the order they submitted their candidacy):

cyberzero
CyzirVisheen
Elevator Music

The candidacy announcements and support posts from members of the community are in this thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52834 Please review all the information in that thread in order to inform your decision.

Here's how to vote:
  • Only current Policy Committee members are eligible to vote. Policy Committee members are listed here.

• Please post all three candidate names ranked in order of preference. Also, please include a brief summary of your reasons for the ranking on your ballot. Do not adjust your rankings to attempt to "game the poll results". As expert project members, I hope we can expect everyone to vote fairly, and with integrity.

• If you do not complete a full ranked ballot with reasoning, as prescribed here, your ballot will be deleted. So, please take the time to evaluate all the candidates and compose a proper ranked ballot.

• I will only vote in the case of a tie. If my vote is needed, I will compose a ballot and cast it at the conclusion of this poll.

• Please post your ballots as soon as possible. This poll should close 24 hours from now. If any committee member needs more time to compose a ballot, please PM me and ask for an extension.

cyberzero
Elevator Music
CyzirVisheen

My reasoning is rather simple. I've personally seen Cyber show great dedication towards CAP, especially of recent, and has impressed me. All three candidates have a large amount of experience and would be excellent TLs so there really isn't much I can say to distinguish the lot. This is purely based on what i've seen from the candidates from both the server and the forums.

Good luck to them.

Elevator Music
cyberzero
CyzirVisheen

Elevator Music: He has expertise and knowledge of Pokemon as a whole, which is incredibly valuable to the CAP project. He knows how to assess and play any metagame, CAP being no exception. That will give much needed insight into CAP8. I feel his experience will provide proper guidence, which I heavily feel we need. I don't think this is the time for a "casual CAP," seeing how CAP7 was, for the lack of a better phrase, monkeys writing Shakespeare. As such, Elevator Music is my top choice.

Cyberzero: This guy is spirited and highly dedicated CAP; he's a natural pick for Topic Leader. However, I don't think he'll have the right tenure to push us in the right direction; as mentioned above, I don't think we need a "casual CAP" and unfortunately feel that's where it'll head. He's naturally a fine choice, but EM has the expertise I'm looking for this time around. I know he's been aiming for TL for awhile, but after CAP7 I'm just not comfortable coasting through the process.

CyzirVisheen: Cool guy, but unfortunately he's massively overshadowed by the other canidates. They both have activity and experience with CAP as a game, not just as a community. Sorry mate.

And that's that.

cyberzero
Elevator Music
CyzirVisheen

It was difficult to decide between cyber and Elevator since both clearly have enough experience, knowledge, dedication and reasoning for the job. Although I sympathise with EM finally having enough free time to be up for TL duties, I think that cyber has the edge when it comes to diplomacy and 'user-friendliness'. Were either candidate not to win this time I would hope they would run again in the near future.
CyzirVisheen I am unsure of, he is less experienced than the others and by his own admission does not battle much. He's not as yet contributed to CAP PR threads and so I rank him 3rd.
This is not a reason but if he is not TL he'll have more time to contribute amazing artwork - Hurrah!

cyberzero
Elevator Music
CyzirVisheen

With no disrespect to Cyzir, in the end it was a choice between cyberzero and EM both of which I think have contributed more to CAP, I just think that cyberzero has been unlucky with being TL and I think he's more dedicated to the CAP project, although EM has put some of that down to irl stuff. There's not really much distinction.

Elevator Music
cyberzero
CyzirVisheen

Elevator Music
: Out of the three candidates, I believe Elevator Music has the most knowledge on both the CAP Metagame and OU metagame. He will make an excellent Topic Leader for CAP8.

CyberZero: Cyber would be an excellent second choice for being Topic Leader of CAP8. Having the enough CAP experience to qualify for the job.
But he is outclassed by Elevator Music in both experience and knowledge of the CAP Metagame.

Cyzir Visheen: As SBC mentioned, this really comes down to Elevator Music and Cyberzero who both have contributed to the CaP Project More.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Elevator Music
cyberzero
Cyzir

Elevator Music is a trustworthy guy. He is very knowledgeable and levelheaded, and that's exactly what a TL needs.

cyberzero would be my second choice again, because he is knowledgeable and levelheaded like EM, but EM simply outclasses him in those departments this time around. He would still make a great TL, however. It's just EM's time to shine.

Cyzir is a really nice guy to be around, especially in #cap. Other than that, he's not as qualified as cyber or EM who have contributed more.

cyberzero
Elevator Music

CyzirVisheen

Deciding between cyber and EM was very tough; both of them are definitely well-qualified and have had enough experience to be TL. However, I feel that cyber has a bit more dedication towards CAP and would be my top choice for TL as a result. But again, both are excellent candidates and it was tough choosing between them.

Cyzir really is a great person who I feel could also make a good TL, but cyber and EM have contributed more and are thus more qualified for the position.

Elevator Music
cyberzero
Cyzir

This is probably the toughest call I've seen in TL yet. Cyber's done so much for CAP recently, and it's really hard to turn him down. But really, EM has just been consistently here for CAP, and like previous users have said, has a great understanding of Pokemon in general.

Sorry Cyzir ;(

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Elevator Music
cyberzero
CyzirVisheen

Elevator Music, like others have said, is a cool guy and has done a lot for CAP over a large span of time. Cyberzero and Cyzir would both make good TLs, but at the moment EM seems to be the best choice.

This was a very tough decision because all three candidates are good choices.

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
cyberzero
Elevator Music
CyzirVisheen

All three candidates would make excellent choices, but I think cyberzero has this one. All three have contributed excellently to CAP as a project, but cyber's example of dedication and commitment towards CAP7 on both the server and the forums would make him my first choice for TL of CAP8.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cyberzero
Elevator Music
CyzirVisheen

The decision between Cyber and EM is possibly
one of the hardest in CAP history. Both are on
the forums and server a lot, both have huge
experience and both of them are intelligent and
funny. I just think that right now Cyber is the
better choice. He has done so much for CAP recently. Cyzir is a great guy to talk to and a great randbattler, but I don't think he is TL material. Sorry buddy:(

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Cyberzero
Elevator Music
CyzirVisheen

Cyber is a very dedicated and responsible member of the community. I think that he will do an excellent job as TL, having already served as ATL under Mag. Elevator Music is also a very responsible member of the community and I think that he would do an equally good job of being TL. In the end, what cut it for me was that Cyber has run twice before and served as ATL. To me, this means that Cyber has wanted to position longer and deserves his chance for recognition. Cyzir comes in third mainly because Elevator Music and Cyberzero are such good candidates. I have seen Cyzir conduct him/herself in a responsible and positive manner, as well as contribute to the polls. I believe that Cyzir could also serve as TL at some point.

1. cyberzero
Cyber is a great and dedicated member of the CAP community, he's always very helpful and very smart, and I believe he won't rush this CAP like the last 2 have been (*coughshorterdoesn'tmakebettercough*)
2. Elevator Music
EM is a highly intellagent person, especially when it comes to CAP, I believe with his/her experience and intellagence he/she could do well. I havn't personally met him/her, so I don't know how helpful EM is, but I don't think he/she's evil.
3. CyzirVisheen
I only know Cyzir as an artist in the previous few CAPs, I don't know if I've seen him/her post outside of them... I guess that's my fault for not paying attention, but... yeah.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Elevator Music - Mature, a great leader, and a great contributor. The resume screams TL practically.
cyberzero - This gets tougher every time. You're doing everything right, so keep it up. However the one thing EM has over you is experience in modding, which is key for a TL.
CyzirVisheen - Sorry man, you're still a great contributor so keep trying!

1. Cyberzero
This was tough (again) but I support Cyber as he is more invovled with the shaping of the process and knows it well. I'm not saying either of the other two canidates arent knowledgable, but I see Cyber the most of in canidate in the PR threads.

2. Elevator Music
Both Cyber and EM are both experienced battlers, as well as great forum posters. However, the nod goes to Cyber for reasons stated above.

3. CyzirVisheen
While Cyzir's contributions to CAP have been great, Cyber and EM both have made bigger contributions.

1. Elevator Music
2. Cyberzero
3. CyzirVisheen

I think the real competition here is between Elevator Music and Cyberzero. But I really think EM is the better of the two. EM is simply more level-headed and Cyber compared to EM I feel has a tendency to make some terrible misjudgements. I've seen how both EM and CZ control the chat on CaP I can pretty safely say EM's judgement is better, especially when he takes a more level-headed approach (probably the most obvious trait affecting TLship). Both of them can be great active partipants in the forums, so I didn't worry about it. Cyzirvisheen isn't so bad, but the other two tend to vastly overshadow him when you think TL.

1. Elevator Music
2. cyberzero
3. CyzirVisheen

EM has simply done more for CAP over a larger span of time, and is more knowledgeable about the CAP metagame.

EDIT: Mind you, cyber would still be an excellent TL.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
cyberzero
CyzirVisheen
Elevator Music

cyberzero: Cyberzero has earned his keep on the server and contributed in ways both small and large to CAP.

CyzirVisheen: CyzirVisheen has been around for a long time, he's the artist behind Scylant. Art and the other portions of CAP always seem so separate and it would be good for the project if we had someone sort of "cross over" into a leadership position. He will bring a fresh perspective without sacrificing length of service.

Elevator Music: EM is also a great contributor to CAP and serves as a chat moderator. Any of these three users would be an excellent TL with extensive experience. However I feel it's a good policy to allow people with less of an official leadership role take the helm and establish themselves. EM is and will continue to be an excellent server mod and contributor.

cyberzero
Elevator Music
CyzirVisheen

Despite what people say, experience in something doesn't mean you're better for the job. It takes keen intellect and as strong will to lead people, and with that I believe CZ has what it takes to lead CAP8. The decision for first place was easy for me, but second and third was a bitch. EM barely get's second place in my mind because of his time here on CAP as well as modship on the server. No hard feeling Cyzir, you would have made great TL material but you seem to be battling a losing battle here. You alway seem to lost at things you enter, it's almost as if everyone has conspriced to vote against you.

Jesus, this was the hardest choice ever. EM and cyber are both good friends on the server, and I couldn't pick one over the other. But, I had to, so this is it. Here goes. More coming. I can't help that I'm verbose!

1. cyberzero

cyber is without a doubt one of the most prominent CAP members. Constantly posting in PR threads with good opinions, always leveling out the chat, and a great battler to boot, cyber takes the #1 spot. He's active from 3:30 in the afternoon until around 2:00 AM most nights, showing dedication, battling with anyone who asks, and giving help. You're incredibly smart and have experience. But the real selling point is his activity in PR threads and the server, which sells it for me. : )

2. Elevator Music

You're always nice to me, and mature to boot, when you're not on #fluodome. You are also active on the server, a great battler, active on the IRC channel, have been a veteran, and are also a server mod. You're also smart, and the like. Definitely the coolest server moderator, too. These qualities are great, but I just prefer cyber right now, as he makes more PR posts and the like.

Run next time, so I can vote for you! ^_^

3. Cyzir_Visheen

Making art is cool, and you are a good contributor to discussion on #cap, always. But, I dislike the fact you don't battle, meaning you don't bother testing the Pokemon. Leading a CAP may be easy, but it's still helpful to know the person is a competent battler. You also haven't contributed much on the forum, but in a couple of CAPs, you'll be a fine candidate. : )

Bobtheball4

CAP Playtesting Expert
Elevator Music
cyberzero
CyzirVisheen

This is the hardest TL decision probably in all of CaP. I chose Elevator music because even though both himself and Cyber are on all the time, I think EM is more mature and could handle this project better(not saying Cyber is bad or anything). I wouldn't mind if either of them made it, as they're both great, but I think EM would be a little better this time around.

I know cyzir is well known on here, but i think he should get more known on the server and maybe pop in every once in a while.

Elevator Music
cyberzero
CyzirVisheen

To start, all three of them are pretty qualified. Cyzir is awesome, he's an excellent contributor as well as great guy. Cyber's consistent! He's definitely qualified. He contributes a lot to the server and he's also one of the more prominent battlers.. Here's where EM shines though, he's not only an avid contributer (in more places than one), he's also a prominent battler, and a solid leader. We really couldn't go wrong with EM.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
cyberzero
Elevator Music
CyzirVisheen

I can't believe I'm rooting for cyber, but yes I am doing this. EM has the mod spots, but, let's face it, he simply can't beat cyber for activity. Cyber has participated in numerous discussions in individual CAPs and on the processes overall in CAP. EM participates also, but not so much in things like PR and a bit sparsely in project. Cyber and EM are kind of tied in overall CAP battling with EM taking a slight lead in recent playtesting while cyber is a more active overall battler. To be honest, I hadn't been seeing too much of EM on-server until a bit before the Kitsunoh playtesting. Cyber I see frequently.

Cyzir is a nice user, and I think he could manage a project, but both cyber and EM are better picks. He's not as far behind as he looks, I just think cyber/EM have more experience and would do a better job handling some of the more sensitive things.

Elevator Music
cyberzero
CyzirVisheen

Having had less experience with the nominees, my judgment here is somewhat superficial.
EM and cyber are eternal fixtures on the server. Both have made great contributions to the project and I tend to align with their modes of reasoning. EM takes the first vote just because I've perceived him to be a more open and receptive person on the server. This isn't meant as a slight to cyber or Cyzir, just that my perception of EM is as being more likely to be in touch with the direction of the community.
I appreciate your aesthetics, Cyzir, but I've rarely seen you take an active interest in battling. It's not an unfair way to make a judgment as I believe not just a thorough knowledge of battling is necessary to carry a project, but that there needs to be a certain level of enthusiasm for it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)