Smogon Tournament #5 - SEMI-FINALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Predictions Deadline/Battle Start: Tuesday, April 14th, 9:00 PM, PDT.
Deadline: Monday, April 20th, 9:00 PM, PDT.

Smogon Tournament #5 Original Thread
Smogon Tournament #5 Prediction Tournament Original Thread
General Tournament Rules

Please read everything thoroughly like always!

Smogon Tournament #5

Basic Battle Rules
  • Species Clause
    • You cannot have more than two of the same species of a pokémon on your team.
      • Example: You cannot have two Charmanders on your team.
  • *Uber Clause
    • Pokémon in the "Uber" tier list are not allowed to be on your team. (Note: The Tier List was static and became set after the Shaymin-S Vote)
  • Sleep Clause
    • You cannot put two of your opponent's pokémon asleep at the same time.
      • Using moves that put your own pokémon to sleep like rest will not trigger the Sleep Clause.
  • Evasion Clause
    • A pokémon cannot use moves raise its evasion stat.
      • Traits and Moves that indirectly increase a pokémon's evasion do not break this clause.
      • Items like Brightpowder do not break this clause.
  • Freeze Clause
    • You cannot freeze two of your opponent's Pokémon.
  • OHKO Clause
    • A pokémon cannot use moves OHKO moves.
      • Example: Fissure
  • Self-KO Clause
    • If both players are down to one pokémon each, you are not allowed to use a move that KOs both pokémon to force a tie.
      • If a recoil damage move forces a tie, then the Self-KO Clause does not trigger. Please notify Sonuis if this happens during your match.
  • Timed Battle
Specific Rules
  • Please send a log to Sonuis labeled like so: Round # - Name vs. Name (Score as Win-Loss). These are vital to getting your matches counted. If you are having a format issue when you open up your log, rename its file extension to .doc.
  • Scouting: This is a blanket rule. Understand that it is severely frowned upon, but it can't be controlled by any means. So if any player playing their match, I want to ask that you leave if they request so. Please resource the original creating/joining a tournament thread.
  • Contacting: The best way to get your match done fast and make the tournament progress faster is by contacting your opponent and setting up a date to battle! Here are some ways to contact your opponent!
    • Send them a private message on the Smogon Forums.
    • Contact them on the Smogon Chat Room on the IRC network Dejatoons. For a guide as how to get to the Smogon Chat Room, click here!
    • Check your opponent's user profile and see if they have an Instant Messenger nickname for the same program you use.
    • Maybe they have their e-mail available to the public too!
Smogon Tournament # 5 Predictions Tournament

Rules
  • When an ST5 round begins, players will be delayed for three days before they can start their match. This is the period for which you send in your predictions.
  • You will send your predictions in to a flunky found in the list below.
  • For each correct prediction, you will receive a point.
    • The points received for each correct prediction each round will change.
  • You do not lose any points for incorrect predictions.
  • If you fail to send in your list, you will be ineligible to receive points for that round.
    • Example: If you send your predictions on time for R1, you will get points for each correct prediction. However, if you don't send in your predictions on time for R2, then you won't receive points for R2. If you send your predictions on time for R3, you will get points for each correct predictions, and so forth.
  • During R1, and only on R1, any substitution for any sort of match will result as a correct prediction. In following rounds, if you picked a player who did not complete their match and was DQed, your prediction will be marked as incorrect.
Sending Predictions List and Flunkies

Each participant will be assigned a flunky to send their prediction list to. When you learn who to send it to, create a .txt file with your predictions labeled as so: Nickname - Round # Predictions. You will then upload the file to a file sharing service, or your own web space to download. Good services would be Sendspace, Megaupload, Mediafire, Rapidshare, or zshare. Once you have uploaded your file, copy the share link and PM your assigned flunky with it so that they can download the file. If they are unable to acquire the file, your flunky will notify you. Here are your flunkies!

It's recommended that you create an account on one of these services as if your predictions file gets lost, it can be recovered and recounted.

You already know your flunkies, send `em!

Points for each correct prediction for R5: 41 Points

Semi-Finals!

Gouki vs. august
Panamaxis vs.
locopoke

Current Point Status

HECTORtu: 535 Points
Jimbo: 520 Points
Gouki: 480 Points
Andeby: 478 Points
Rag: 477 Points
Earthworm: 474 Points
Astamatitios: 446 Points
Loki: 452 Points
Jackal: 429 Points
Malfunction: 401 Points
Lady Bug: 343 Points
scofield: 307 Points
Kevin Garrett: 289 Points
Crossfire: 279 Points
Olie: 256 Points

Quarterfinals Status

Twist of Fate: 338 Points
Stone_cold22: 301 Points
omni: 280 Points
MetaNite: 243 Points
Thebattler1: 241 Points
Elevator Music: 238 Points
Blame Game: 215 Points
TAY: 192 Points
Serenity: 183 Points
Silent Echo: 181 Points
Xenogears: 179 Points
Darkwolf: 176 Points
Sudo: 153 Points
dbolt: 100 Points
Goofball: 97 Points
Shaft: 97 Points
LunarFang: 96 Points
Ripchord: 95 Points
R2: 94 Points
Expert Evan: 89 Points
Cerivious: 88 Points
Sikh Assasin: 90 Points
Darkartisan: 87 Points
Sapientia: 84 Points
imperfectluck: 83 Points
Hipmonlee: 77 Points

The answer to the song reference: Rocko's Modern Life. Now, I don't want to post R-E-C-Y-C-L-E next round. So let's C-O-N-S-E-R-V-E our rage, and don't P-O-L-L-U-T-E the topic with angry posts. Or else you're gonna get what you deserve! Wait-

Good Luck!

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Gouki vs. august
Panamaxis vs. locopoke I just think pana is better

Good luck Gouki, i will PM you shortly

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not gonna predict this round, since its too close to call now I think, any one of them could win. Good luck everyone!

Gouki vs. august
Panamaxis vs. locopoke

Well done to all of you for getting this far. Gouki vs. Panamaxis finals was what I wanted anyway. Gouki is going to get the trophy.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Panamaxis huh. I'll get around to PMing him, though it shouldn't be too hard to get in touch with him.

Gouki vs. august
Panamaxis vs. locopoke

I was hopin' for locopoke vs. august this round. Seeing them in the finals will suffice. Honestly though, I think august has this (he's been rippin') and locopoke as been surprising all through the tournament. Both bound to be great matches.

(I've predicted against Pana the last two rounds >_> )

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I too was hoping for August vs Loco this round ;_;

I will have to think long and hard on my predictions. Good job to the semi-finalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)