Uxie [4N] - Trick Scarf+

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/uxie

I don't play UU enough to right an entire analysis on Uxie, but here is one set that I've used to great success in both tiers. I'm not calling it anything with 'lead' in the name.

[SET]
name: TrickScarf
move 1: Trick
move 2: U-turn
move 3: Stealth Rock
move 4: Thunder Wave / Yawn / Zen Headbutt
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Uxie is generally regarded as a slow defensive Pokemon so slapping a Choice Scarf on it can become a big surprise. This set is best used as a lead where you can force many opposing Pokemon to switch out. Azelf, Crobat and Aerodactyl will most likely Taunt you, so if you Trick them a Choice Scarf they will be forced to switch. In this case, you are free to U-turn to a counter of the Pokemon they bring out. If you are not Taunted, you may set up your own Stealth Rock and proceed to U-turn or status the foe. Opposing Choice leads, such as Jirachi will most likely Trick you, only locking them into that move. Uxie's massive bulk comes into play here, as even more poweful leads such as Metagross or Tyranitar can't 2HKO you. Leads like, Ampibom don't mind Choice Scarf all that much, while Roserade and Smeargle may welcome it as it gives them another turn to set up Toxic Spikes or Spikes respectfully. However, it isn't unlikely that your opponent will switch in a wall such as Regirock, Registeel, or Chansey expecting a standard support Uxie, which you can then cripple with Trick and set up Stealth Rock.</p>

<p>The last move is completely up to preference, but the options listed are the most reliable. Thunder Wave can destroy a fast Pokemon switching in while Yawn can force another switch for your foe to further reveal their team. Reflect, Light Screen, or even Memento can work as well in the right circumstances. Zen Headbutt is very helpful if you wish to counter Roserade, Blaziken, and Infernape in OU. You outspeed all of these Pokemon if you are still holding a Choice Scarf and they are not holding a Choice Scarf. 152 Speed EVs allows you to outspeed Aerodactyl, Crobat, and Jolteon while holding a Choice Scarf. You should always max your Hit Points to allow more survivability, but you may put the rest of the EVs into an attacking stat if you wish since Uxie is quite weak. Putting the Defense EVs into Special Defense is also viable as it helps you counter Roserade as well as Special Attacks from Blaziken and Infernape.</p>

<p>Uxie is an incredibly bulky Pokemon, thus pairs well with frailer Pokemon. Lucario is a great option to use with Uxie. Lucario resists everything Uxie is weak to, while Uxie resists 2/3 attacks types Lucario is weak to. This lets Lucario set up on Choice super effective attacks aimed at Uxie. Lucario almost needs Stealth Rock to sweep which Uxie can provide. Using a relatively bulky Steel-type, such as Heatran, along with Uxie can also be beneficial, since they can soak up the Explosions from leads such as Metagross and Azelf. In addition, they cover each other's weaknesses well.</p>

I think you need to still add the Team Syngergy Paragraph. Other than that the set looks good.

You SHOULD also talk about how it works in UU, because it is common enough.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Couldn't this set, in UU, Trick a Scarf onto Crobat while it Taunts you? I think that's a really good option (I've actually heard it works really well).

I thought I added Crobat, well now I did. I'd love to talk about Team Synergy, but I think it is pretty explanatory. Since practically nothing can OHKO Uxie, I don't really need to mention counters, and it is pretty obvious that Stealth Rock is a great move to use on offensive teams. It doesn't work as well in UU, but I can mention that.

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Uxie is generally regarded as a slow defensive Pokemon, so slapping on a Choice Scarf to it can become a big surprise, having a Speed stat reaching 396. This set is best used as a lead where you can force many opposing leads to switch out. Azelf, Crobat and Aerodactyl will most likely Taunt you, so if you Trick them into Choice Scarf, they will be forced to switch. In this case, you are free to U-turn into a counter that the opponent brings out. If you are not Taunted, you may set up your own Stealth Rock and proceed to U-turn or status the foe. Opposing Choice leads like Jirachi will most likely Trick you, only locking them into that move, giving you a free turn of set up. Uxie's massive bulk comes into play here, as even more poweful leads such as Metagross or Tyranitar can't 2HKO you with their STAB attacks. In UU, you can't do much with Trick to the opponents lead. Leads like Ampibom don't mind Choice Scarf, while Roserade and Smeargle may welcome it as it gives them another turn to set up Toxic Spikes or Spikes respectfully. You can however, reliably set up Stealth Rock and paralyze the foe's speedy lead.</p>

<p>The last move is completely up to preference, but the options listed are the most reliable. Thunder Wave can destroy a fast Pokemon switching in while Yawn can force another switch for your foe to further reveal their team. Reflect, Light Screen, or even Memento can work as well in the right circumstances. Another attacking move may also work, just be sure to change the nature as appropriate. 152 Speed EVs allows you to outspeed Aerodactyl, Crobat, and Jolteon while holding a Choice Scarf. You should always max your Hit Points to allow more survivability, but you may put the rest of the EVs into an attacking stat if you wish since Uxie is quite weak.</p>

Just some edits. The set looks good otherwise.

Okay, I made most of the edits except for the reaching speed stat of 396 since I pretty much had that in the last paragraph.

If there's nothing else then this can be uploaded.

Yes, this set does a very good job of countering Crobat, I've used it before. However, I would make the speed EVs 208 that way you can do the same exact thing to Electrode, which will now be used more commonly thanks to Crobat.

Your also going to be utilizing U-Turn on Darks anyways, so running Psychic should be an alternative for the last move, mainly because it may phaze bulky things out from setting up on Uxie.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Because this was recently brought up, I would like to suggest the inclusion of Zen Headbutt in the last slot. Hitting Roserade for ~85-99% damage is great, especially if you still have your Scarf.

Because this was recently brought up, I would like to suggest the inclusion of Zen Headbutt in the last slot. Hitting Roserade for ~85-99% damage is great, especially if you still have your Scarf.
Heh. I've been using Psychic recently and some special defense to counter roserade, some blaziken, and infernape in OU. But I didn't think it be right to bump this old thing.

Should I mention an alternate special defensive EV spread and/or Zen Headbutt or Psychic? U-turn isn't doing much damage anyway, so I don't see the problem in changing nature, but you probably lose the OHKO on Roserade with Psychic and I suppose flinch could be handy.

EDIT: Added Zen Headbutt. Also fixed some spelling mistakes I didn't see before. Thank you spell check.

Sorry if I shouldn't have made a new analysis, I just didn't want to necro the old one.

As I mentioned in my analysis this Uxie works well with Magnezone. Magnezone can trap the lead Jirachi that tend to use Iron Head on Uxie, and can also trap the common Uxie switch-in of Scizor. Band Metagross that are locked into a move can be easily KOed too.

haunter

Banned deucer.
<p>Uxie is generally regarded as a slow defensive Pokemon so slapping a Choice Scarf on it can become a big surprise. This set is best used as a lead where you can force many opposing Pokemon to switch out. Azelf, Crobat and Aerodactyl will most likely Taunt you, so if you Trick them a Choice Scarf they will be forced to switch. In this case, you are free to U-turn to a counter of the Pokemon they bring out. If you are not Taunted, you may set up your own Stealth Rock and proceed to U-turn or status the foe. Opposing Choice leads, such as Jirachi will most likely Trick you, only locking them into that move. Uxie's massive bulk comes into play here, as even more poweful leads such as Metagross or Tyranitar can't 2HKO you. Leads like, Ampibom don't mind Choice Scarf all that much, while Roserade and Smeargle may welcome it as it gives them another turn to set up Toxic Spikes or Spikes respectfully. However, it isn't unlikely that your opponent will switch in a wall such as Regirock, Registeel, or Chansey expecting a standard support Uxie, which you can then cripple with Trick and set up Stealth Rock.</p>
I don't like this paragraph, you begin talking about common OU leads, then go on saying: "However, it isn't unlikely that your opponent will switch in a wall such as Regirock, Registeel, or Chansey expecting a standard support Uxie, which you can then cripple with Trick and set up Stealth Rock", that obviously refers to UU. It seems very confusing. I believe that you should make 2 set comments: one for OU and another for UU. Also, in the latter, I think that mentioning an alternative EV spread: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 Spe, to outspeed Electrode, would be a great idea. Finally, as Stellar mentioned, Zen Headbutt would be a good option in UU to kill Roserade, in fact, I would also mention that investing the spare 48 EVs into Atk and using an Adamant nature, you have a guaranteed OHKO on a 4 HP / min Def Roserade (that is a quite common UU lead) and have a good chance of OHKOing it even if it has around 80 HP EVs. On the other hand, in OU Zen Headbutt would be a terrible idea, given how common are leads like Metagross, Jirachi and Heatran, and considering that Scizor and Tyranitar are everywhere, this is another reason to have two set descriptions, in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)