Status
Not open for further replies.
Basic Tournament Rules
Sign-Up Thread
Round 1 Thread
Round 2 Thread
Round 3 Thread
Quarter Finals Thread

This is a 64 man single elimination tournament. Brackets have been made using Mekkah's Bracketmaker

Rules (Important things to note underlined)
  • Only Pokemon hatched from eggs are eligible.
  • Eligible Pokemon must be able to evolve, and be the first in an evolution chain.
  • Little Cup Clause is ON (All Pokemon must be Level 5)
  • Sleep Clause is ON.
  • Self-KO Clause is ON
  • Evasion Clause is ON
  • OHKO Clause is ON
  • Freeze Clause is ON
  • Strict Damage Clause is ON
  • Species Clause is ON
  • Soul Dew Clause is ON
  • Item Clause is OFF
  • Timed Battle
  • The attacks SonicBoom and Dragon Rage are banned
  • The item DeepSeaTooth is banned
  • A Pokemon's attacks and abilities must be limited those that can be legitimately learnt by the Pokemon at Level 5
  • NO SCOUTING
    See here for illegal attacks and combinations - There is no excuse for not reading this and then using an illegal combination.

Eligible Pokemon

All of the following are eligible, they are sorted by general usage and power. Sneasel, Tangela, Scyther, Murkrow, Meditite and Yanma are banned and hence omitted

Abra, Aipom, Anorith, Bellsprout, Bronzor, Buizel, Carvanha, Chinchou, Cranidos, Croagunk, Diglett, Doduo, Elekid, Gastly, Gligar, Houndour, Kabuto, Machop, Magby, Mankey, Meowth, Misdreavus, Munchlax, Paras, Shuppet, Snover, Staryu, Taillow, Voltorb, Wailmer.

Aron, Bagon, Buneary, Bonsly, Cacnea, Charmander, Chimchar, Clamperl, Cubone, Cyndaquil, Dratini, Drifloon, Drowzee, Duskull, Eevee, Exeggcute, Geodude, Gible, Glameow, Goldeen, Growlithe, Hippopotas, Horsea, Krabby, Koffing, Larvitar, Lickitung, Lileep, Magnemite, Makuhita, Mantyke, Mime Jr., Natu, Nosepass, Numel, Omanyte, Onix, Poliwag, Ponyta, Porygon, Psyduck, Ralts, Ratatta, Remoraid, Riolu, Rhyhorn, Sheildon, Shroomish, Smoochum, Spoink, Squirtle, Stunky, Surskit, Teddiursa, Tentacool, Trapinch, Treecko, Venonat, Vulpix, Wooper, Wynaut, Zigzagoon.

Azurill, Baltoy, Barboach, Beldum, Bidoof, Budew, Bulbasaur, Burmy, Caterpie, Cherubi, Chikorita, Chingling, Cleffa, Combee, Corphish, Ekans, Electrike, Feebas, Finneon, Grimer, Gulpin, Happiny, Hoothoot, Hoppip, Igglybuff, Kricketot, Ledyba, Lotad, Magikarp, Mareep, Mudkip, Nidoran F, Nidoran M, Nincada, Oddish, Phanpy, Pichu, Pidgey, Pineco, Piplup, Poochyena, Sandshrew, Seedot, Seel, Sentret, Shellder, Shellos, Shinx, Skitty, Skorupi, Slakoth, Slowpoke, Slugma, Snorunt, Snubbull, Spearow, Spheal, Spinarak, Starly, Sunkern, Swablu, Swinub, Togepi, Torchic, Totodile, Turtwig, Tyrogue, Weedle, Whismur, Wingull, Wurmple, Zubat

Further Reading

On Site Little Cup Guide (Note that this tournament uses a different rule set)

My slightly more in depth revamp of on-site Little Cup Article (yet to be complete)

Little Cup Metagame Development Thread

Little Cup Forums - essentially a collection of the information provided in the above two links with Pokemon analyses

PM me if you have any further questions

SF Pairings:

~ Both players should save the log but the winner of the battle should send it to me via PM. As I have said, this is to ensure that people use legitimate Pokemon as well as for collecting usages. For this reason, I'd ask the winner to write down their 6 pokemon as they may not reveal all of them in battle.

~ PM your opponent as soon as you receive the brackets, this will be used as an indicator of activity should you not complete your matches by the deadline, obviously an extension may be granted for those who genuinely have tried to get their match done but I will DQ anyone or sub them if they are clearly not active during the period.

~ I am only human, please tell me of any mistakes I may have made in the brackets

Beef 2.0 vs panamaxis
ReyScarface vs HeYsUp
Substitutes
1. tallentire (IN for Bender)
2. gamelover777 (IN for rewindman)
3. KnightoftheWind
4. Oxygen
5. calum
6. Binabik
7. XandZero2
8. DarXidE
9. Random Pizzaman

Deadline is Tuesday 16 June - giving you 9 days to get your match done. Good luck!!

Malfunction

nice desu ne
These are pretty tough match-ups..
Beef 2.0 vs Panamaxis (This can go either way, but from the way I've seen it, Beef is a legendary LC battler.)
ReyScarface vs HeYsUp (Rey just builds a team and then spammes everything with his powers...)
Good luck guys!

Beef 2.0 vs Panamaxis- You have to be good to have gotten this far, im excited for what's instore.
ReyScarface vs HeYsUp -Rey is very impressive to get this far. But I can't go against HYU

here's to hoping we finish all these matches today =-p

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Beef 2.0 vs Panamaxis
ReyScarface vs HeYsUp

heysup beats beef 2.0 in the finals, sorry rey :(

Beef 2.0 vs Panamaxis - Beef is an extremely solid battler, and he definitely has the team to pull this off this win.
ReyScarface vs HeYsUp - GL Rey, I don't know what to expect.

Bobtheball4

CAP Playtesting Expert
Beef 2.0 vs Panamaxis - I know beef better, and he helped me make my team :)
ReyScarface vs HeYsUp - I used to compete with HYU at the top of the LC Leaderboard, but we stopped... and beef took over >_>.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
won 4-0.

GG.

Rey Scarface > HeYsUp. (I know HeYsUp is very good at Little Cup, but Rey is not to be underestimated).

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Pana, ill see you in the finals bro!

I won 2-0

GG Heysup!

Edit: Crit didnt matter that much TBH. You were at 85%~ and crit did 120%, which means D-Punch is 60%, after that you needed to get past confusion not once, but twice to win, and your LO recoil after 1 hit would leave you at 20%~, and im prettysure Muscle Band Elekid can do that damage!

GG Rey.

Was a fun game until a bit of hax at the end making me lose :(

LC is a lot like Poker, unpredictability is always an advantage to have in a best-of-1 series, and it really helped you in that match Rey. It was a fun game that came down to speed ties and crits however, so gg and gl.

Altair

just who is the coon?
<+ReyScarface> so yeah...
<+ReyScarface> now all of you go to the tourney thread and post
<+ReyScarface> "whoa Rey, congrats"

whoa Rey, congrats ^_^

But seriously, it is kinda interesing to see 2 non-LCFers in the final D:

<+ReyScarface> so yeah...
<+ReyScarface> now all of you go to the tourney thread and post
<+ReyScarface> "whoa Rey, congrats"

whoa Rey, congrats ^_^

But seriously, it is kinda interesing to see 2 non-LCFers in the final D:
That was followed by a swift kick (whoa Rey, congrats) by yours truly :P.

But yea, this shows how experienced tournament players are very skilled and hard to beat no matter what tier. Rey's Pokemon threw me off consistently because of the item choice / move set / whatever. Rey definitely knows how to utilize his unpredictability to his advantage while maintaining a solid team. Same can be said for Panamaxis.

GL to you both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)