Smogon Forums WSC Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
~*~The Smogon Weekly Spriting Contest~*~
Because random symbols can make anything look better

Officially approved by Firestorm and Doomsday

Welcome one, welcome all to the one and only Smogon WSC! A Spiritng Contest (And Possibly an Art Contest if we can be bothered to make one) for all you aspiring digital artists to compete and improve your abilities.

The Rules

~ All Smogon Forum Rules Apply, this is a bit obvious.

~ Absolutely no stealing. If you are found stealing, you will be disqualified from the current WSC after one instance of stealing, and completely banned from the WSC after two instances.

~ The theme is there for a reason, all entires that don't follow the theme will be turned down.

~ Do not ask when the next contest/poll will be out.

~ Not a rule, merely a suggestion, try to keep it with the size limit of the sprite (56x56 for the First Generation Style, 64x64 for the Second and Third Generation Styles, and 80x80 for the Fourth Generation Style). Also, try to keep the background transparent.

~Judge Only Rule: Judges may enter, but may not nominate their own entry for victory.

Other nonsense:

The deadline is August 26th, 2009. You have seven (7) days to get your entry in. The results of this contest will be posted in the next Weekly Spriting Contest.

Prizes:
An inclusion in the Hall of Fame, and after 1, 2, 3, or 4 wins, you will get a medal, ribbon, or trophy.

Theme: First Generation Re-types
Theme Suggester: Chaos669 and Teh_1337ness
Description: Basically, a Pokémon is taken and edited to look like it is of a different type than it really is. Except in this re-type contest, you can only use first generation types. What this means is that you can't retype from, or to Steel or Dark. YOU CAN USE ALL POKEMON, JUST NOT POKEMON WITH THE DARK OR STEEL TYPES.

And that's it, be sure to follow the rules, try your best, and have fun!

RODAN

Banned deucer.
This weeks judges are:
Teh_1337ness
Mordock
Ninjabait
Chaos669
Wyverii

--------------------ENTRIES-----------------
-wombat114
-doomsday_94
-Mordock
-LoZDestroyer
-ninjabait
-Fossilhunter
-SEO
-Chaos669
-solstice
-GTS
-fuzznip
- lord jesseus
-Alchemator
-agaki
-Mastadi
-Darthvader317
toaster123
.hue.
ailelulu
wizwun
hybrid99
TVboyCanti
fuzzberry

Spriting Hall of Fame!

The Spriting Hall of Fame!

Welcome to the Hall of Fame, where the talented spriters who won the Smogon Weekly Spriting Contests will be showcased!

Past winners and their awards (trophies, medals, etc):

Code:
None as of yet, this just started ;)
By week:

Week 1 - Retypes|1st Gen Types Only

Winner: To be decided
Sprite:
Details:

*Trophy/Medal*

Runner-up: To be decided
Sprite:
Details:

*Medal*

Well, it seems all needed posts have been reserved, so all of you can post now.

Good luck guys!

This should be my entry if I can figure out a pokemon I want to type change.

You do remember that I offered myself up to be a completely impartial judge before right? If you need another one i'll fill the role.

this looks cool, so I'll pay attention to how this thing goes, but imo you should left justify the OP and everything! it's a lot easier on the eyes.

My first post in a year... but that's off topic.

I present... WATERZARD!

...It was inevitable, really.

And a suggestion for the next contest- Sprite an evolution for a currently single-stage pokemon (Farfetch'd comes to mind as a hot topic.)

My entry, a Fire/Bug Venomoth. I tried to make the body colors look like soot, but I may have failed. Also, tried to make the (our) right fire wing look a bit curved, may have failed there too.

Can't wait to see the entries. =3

(wrap a link to the hall of fame around the words hall of fame)
Also, remove this from the first post, if you will.

Edit: And another thing, I think we should include some rule about editing entries. I think it should be allowed, but limited.

Reserving a spot while I brainstorm. X3

Way to go for getting this up so fast.

EDIT: Here we go-- Merblaziken!

My (hopefully) obvious Water-retype. =D

I apologize for the lack of transparency. ;_;

I think Ninjabait and Seo have mastered the type changes most effectively! Lol Zelda theme is cool on Seo's part it is totally a Zora and the freaking venomoth looks like something you would see at the end of the world.....

This looks fun! I'd attempt to re-type something, but, I'm not home at the moment. Reserving this spot until I get home!

Question: Would we be able to enter multiple entries? Because I have a few ideas in my head and I'd probably end up doing all of them.

Wow guys, awesome sprites! Good to see you guys participating.

Here's my entry. Behold, Psychic Metapod!

Metapod has been worthless and made fun of ever since the first generation, but now that he has psychic powers, don't fuck with him!

Ailelulu - Sorry, one entry per person.

All righty then. I've got some thinking and decision makng then! Oh yeah, good luck to everybody entering in the contest. There's a lot of great spriters here, so the competition's going to be tough.

P.S.: it's okay to center the heading and stuff if it looks better. The only thing was that the rules and body text were hard to read before. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)