• Evasion Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Self-KO Clause
  • Soul Dew Clause
  • Anything that is banned from the OU ladder at the beginning of round 1 (Ubers and OU Suspects) will be banned from the entire tournament.
  • NEW: HGSS movesets will not be allowed as they were not allowed at the beginning of this tourney.
Additional Rules:
  • Logs are optional as long as both players confirm the result.
  • No scouting. Spectating is allowed, but if the players ask you to leave please do so.
  • Single elimination tournament.
  • STAB attacking moves are not allowed. For instance, this means that Salamence can use Dragon Dance, but it cannot use Outrage. Hidden Power is considered whatever type it is, not Normal-type like it is usually considered; for instance Salamence cannot use Hidden Power Dragon but Lickilicky can use it. Moves like Seismic Toss, Endeavor, and Night Shade are allowed on Fighters, Normals, and Ghosts, respectively, since they do not gain extra power from STAB.
  • Pokemon and moves that can change types during the battle are banned. This includes Kecleon, Castform, etc. (like anybody was going to use them...)
Regarding Activity and Timeframes:

• Each round will last 2 weeks; extensions will last around 3 days if both parties have shown activity.
  • Please make activity posts around every 4-5 days or so. If you do not do so I will sub you out.
The deadline for this round is October 19th. Good luck.

The seedings have nothing to do with the pairings; I was just too lazy to edit them out when I c/p'd the list from the signups.

If you have any questions feel free to post or PM me (preferably post though :P). If you think I DC'd/coinflipped unfairly also notify me.

PAIRINGS:

95. Mrobinson587 vs. 36. panamaxis
92. Gouki vs. 24. Ryo
82. latios315 vs. 63. Sidd

If I did any pairings wrong or something dumb, please tell me so I can fix it.

In this round, I will be sending each of the remaining 6 participants PMs asking how they would want me to deal with a 1-1-1 tie in the finals. I will look at the three finalists' opinions first, but if that results in a tie I will use the opinions of the other three as well for the tiebreaker.

Well I had a practice match with Stallion round 1 so this should be interesting. Timezones might be a problem so we should set up a time.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Thankyou Gouki for being a good guy, I'm getting my good internet back tomorrow so you could have held out but I appreciate it nonetheless :)

Anyway predicts

74. Stallion vs. 24. Ryo - Gl, time to take team building very seriously this rd.

I would not be suprised if any of us 6 battlers make the final though, you are all great battlers (Ryo, your practice battle with me helped me rethink how I should approach this tourney) and are all capable of making the finals. This is my last tournament before my retirement (I started this and the world cup roughly at the same time but I'm suprised I made it this far, hence the postponed retirement) so I hope I do my very best :)

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
well i didn't actually know your internet was the problem, i was just tired of staying up all night to battle lol. if you can get it done soon i'll play.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Well internet and timezone, proper shoddy should arrive roughly 24 hours from now. If you still want to play that is fine, so long as you don't mind waiting up late and waiting at least another 24 hours.

I would not be suprised if any of us 6 battlers make the final though, you are all great battlers (Ryo, your practice battle with me helped me rethink how I should approach this tourney) and are all capable of making the finals. This is my last tournament before my retirement (I started this and the world cup roughly at the same time but I'm suprised I made it this far, hence the postponed retirement) so I hope I do my very best :)
Thanks for the vote of confidence but I know that I am the unknown here. I have no tourney record previous to this. I doubt I have much of reputation at all. Panamaxis is by far the more experienced battler recently being part of the World Cup championship team.

I don't want to sell myself short or anything cause this tourney seemed like the perfect one cause it fits how I like to play and I think I've been playing long enough now I need to prove myself, but I'm definitely the underdog and I'm fine with that as the truth :D

On another note after we are finished, I think it would be interesting to openly discuss in a thread how not having STAB effected our choices in teambuilding. Kind of similar to CAP's goal of "understanding the competitive Pokémon metagame by designing, creating, and playtesting new Pokémon concepts". There is probably a thread out there somewhere, but this has been the best chance to explore it fully.

Thanks for the vote of confidence but I know that I am the unknown here. I have no tourney record previous to this. I doubt I have much of reputation at all. Panamaxis is by far the more experienced battler recently being part of the World Cup championship team.
GL ^_^. Panamaxis is too strong after getting his first individual tournament win.

Stallion vs. Ryo- need to retire in style(why is everyone retiring till next year?)

latios315 vs. Sidd

74. Stallion vs. 24. Ryo - losers pride!

If Stallion will battle Gouki, I want to see him win ;p
Stallion vs. Ryo- need to retire in style(why is everyone retiring till next year?
He is?

74. Stallion vs. 24. Ryo~ Highlight match of this round imo. This could go either way, but Stallion supported me so...

It's sad to see so many people retiring =(.

Zak91

Silent waters run deep
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 9 Champion
74. Stallion vs. 24. Ryo

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
74. Stallion vs. 24. Ryo

I would like to see Mrobinson587 win this.

74. Stallion vs. 24. Ryo

pana gots this

well i didn't actually know your internet was the problem, i was just tired of staying up all night to battle lol. if you can get it done soon i'll play.
Wait, so Gouki vs. Stallion never took place and Gouki just forfeited? Or am I reading this wrong and sounding like an idiot? @_@

In any case, I'm glad that there's so much sportsmanship and enthusiasm in this thread :) I'm happy you guys enjoyed the theme.

Stallion

Tree Young
Fuck soft resetting I'm too lazy for that -_-

Anyway we Gouki and I have had internet troubles, I went on at 5 PM my time (2 AM my time) as agreed but Gouki wasn't there. However, give us a day or two more and above all please don't give me the automatic win, Gouki has been just as active as me and deserves to lose to my hand only :). If we're taking too long you can coinflip it or whatever (in Gouki's favour; a 50 % chance to win is much better then the 0 % chance to win he would normally get when facing Stallion strongth!)

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Is anyone else eagerly anticipating Stallion's next post to be "beaten by Gouki 6-0 :("?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)