U Mad (TR OU RMT)

inb4youallthinkthisteamiscompleteshit​

Alright this is my TR team for the OU tier. After making several TR teams I came to the conclusion that this might be the best combination of pokes you could put on a TR team and do well with, without spamming LOTran and LONite, because TR is supposed to be about using slow things, not meh things that you just want to use but don't have the balls to use without TR.​

(DaFuckAmI?) Hypno@Leftovers
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Insomnia
EVs :252 HP/ 252 Sp Att/ 6 Sp Def
Moves:
-Psychic
-HP Fire
-Trick Room
-Nasty Plot

This guy is the most amazing TR lead I have ever used in my life. No one expects a lead Hypno and most people don’t even know what Hypno does. I usually set up TR first turn and from there it depends on what the opponent does and what they have out. If I manage to set NP up and TR, it’s a gg or half of their team demolished. This thing also works as a nice sleep absorber if Ursaring hasn’t been out yet or get’s Knocked Off on the switch. This is the first member to set up TR, also. EV’s are for bulkiness and to make it hit like a Jew when you steal his penny.

(RadioHead) Dusknoir@Leftovers
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Sp Def/ 6 Def
Moves:
-Seismic Toss
-WoW
-Trick Room
-Pain Split

“Dis guy iz de boolky poke” As the fail Xenon would say. This guy takes most special hits like a sexy mofo and sets up TR for the team as the second member that does so. His only recovery besides Rest is Pain Split so I had to go with that. WoW is for those nasty things that think they can take me with a physical move. Seismic Toss is for obvious damage. EV’s are for obvious bulkiness as this thing doesn’t need any EV’s to do damage.

(SpclEdKid) Slowbro@Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 Sp Att
Moves:
-Surf
-HP Elec
-Trick Room
-Slack Off

This idiot is one of the best physical walls I have ever used. F*ck Skarm this thing is a tank. It’s the third and final member of this team that sets up TR. Surf is for STAB and Slack Off is for the obvious recovery move that every wall should have. HP Elec allows me to counter Gayra which otherwise would pretty much rape my team. This (BAN ME PLEASE) also counters Machamp which is a bit of a bother for the team but Slowbro tells it tits or gtfo. EV’s are for maximum bulkiness and for to compensate for HP Elec only allowing me to have 30 Sp Att IVs.

(PedoBear) Ursaring@Flame Orb
Nature: Brave
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Att / 6 Def
Moves:
-Façade
-EQ
-Fire Punch
-Crunch

Oh my fucking Christ, when this guy gets burnt, it steals your lunch money, breaks your TV, and sleeps with your wife, it’s that beastly. Able to OHKO almost all of OU is amazing, if you ask me. Façade is there for a base 210 shotgun to rip holes in teams, while the other 3 moves are to cover anything that resists/is immune to Façade. Fire Punch is only there for Skarm, which it 2HKO’s, and Zong, which is also 2HKO’s. I decided to keep CC off the set, because I want you to tell me a normal type that isn’t OHKO’d by Façade. EV’s are to go apesh*t on teams and have some bulkiness. This thing basically has a CB on while burnt and the ability to change between moves.

(GGUniverse) Aggron@Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Att/ 6 Def
Moves:
-Head Smash
-EQ
-Aqua Tail
-Ice Punch

The NN fits the poke, the universe has been GG’d. The only thing in OU that isn’t able to be 2HKO’d or OHKO’d by Head Smash is Jirachi and Swampert. Aqua Tail is for those bulky ground pokes that no one likes. Like Ursaring this guy has a one move moveset with the other stuff supporting it in terms of resistances. Head Smash is a base 225 move with no drawbacks thanks to Rock Head. EV’s are for maximum rape and a bit of bulkiness, since TR doesn’t need speed to sweep. I consider Ursaring+Aggron the Scizor+Lucario of TR. One rapes and weakens the counter and then the other comes in and rapes as much as Microsoft Word is telling me how many words I have misspelled while typing this, a bunch.

(SaladMence) Salamence@Choice Scarf
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Att/ 80 Sp Att/ 176 Spe
Moves:
-Outrage
-Draco Meteor
-EQ
-Fire Blast

Every TR team needs something fast on it to make sure if I don’t have TR up I’m not fucked. This thing packs a huge surprise value much like the rest of this team. EVs are Standard for a Scarf Set and this is my primary answer to Latias if TR isn’t up, as without this Latias can lol at my entire team. Moveset is for coverage and and attempt to sweep without that +1 Attack that is so sought after for Mence, but this guy usually picks the enemy off if Ursaring and Aggron haven’t steamrolled them all. So yeah, rawr.

Rate away.​

(DaF*ckAmI?) Hypno@Leftovers

Nature: Quiet
Ability: Insomnia
EVs :252 HP/ 252 Sp Att/ 6 Sp Def
Moves:
-Psychic
-HP Fire
-Trick Room
-Nasty Plot

I believe that Bronzong is a better lead for a Trick Room team, especially since Zong can set SR up while Hypno can't.
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
252 HP / 86 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Trick Room
-Explosion

(RadioHead) Dusknoir@Leftovers
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Sp Def/ 6 Def
Moves:
-Seismic Toss
-WoW
-Trick Room
-Pain Split

Dusknoir has better things than Seismic Toss. I suggest the use of Fire Punch or Earthquake over Seismic Toss.

(PedoBear) Ursaring@Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Att / 6 Def
Moves:
-Façade
-EQ
-Fire Punch
-Crunch
Ursaring is great in Trick Room. For this end, I suggest the use of Protect over Crunch. Why? This way, you guarantee Flame Orb activates when it gets a free switch in from an exploder or something similar.

(GGUniverse) Aggron@Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Att/ 6 Def
Moves:
-Head Smash
-EQ
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
I suggest changing Choice Band to a Life Orb. This lets you switch moves while retaining a high amount of damage.

(SaladMence) Salamence@Choice Scarf
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Att/ 80 Sp Att/ 176 Spe
Moves:
-Outrage
-Draco Meteor
-EQ
-Fire Blast

Salamence DOES NOT (repeat) DOES NOT belong on a Trick Room team. I suggest the use of Marowak (Hi Lee). Marowak under Trick Room is an even bigger threat than Salamence is.
Marowak @ Thick Club (ability Rock Head)
Brave Nature
252 ATK, 252 HP, 6 DEF
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Double Edge
-Fire Punch

Just as a note, your descriptions are fairly short. You should expand them a little more. Also, large writing does not mean that there's lots to read.

Getting rid of Crunch on Ursaring means that nasty ghosty known as Rotom can come in and take my Fire Punch and rape me, where Crunch will easily OHKO. Giving Aggron a LO completely ruins it, making it 3HKO several pokes where Choice Band would've gotten the 2HKO. Sorry to say, but you have no clue what you're talking about with Mence. He's not in when TR's up, he comes in when it's down and revenge kills pokes, or gets a late game sweep. Sure, I can put Marowak in there and have Latias rape my whole team, where Mence would easily outspeed and revenge it. Hypno makes a better TR lead than Zong for two reasons, most leads are prepared for Zong, and Hypno can get an early dent in my opponent. Rocks aren't needed on this team like most other teams. The pokes can 2HKO or OHKO without them with ease due to the power behind them. I've used Zong as the lead to a TR team before and most leads just counter him completely. Noir doesn't need EQ or Fire Punch because it's going to be walling pokes, thus needs a decent way to give damage. It's also better to use if something get's a curse up. Don't try to rate this like a standard team with a gimmick, but a TR team, which is no way a gimmick.

I really like this team. It looks like a pretty solid TR team, and certainly makes me want to try out TR again.

Now onto the actual criticism:
-SDscizor with bug bite, bullet punch and brick break/superpower could be quite nasty, although Dusknoir can burn it. Perhaps Dusknoir could be made a more solid Scizor counter by focussing on defense instead of sp.defense?
-I love Hypno for being able to take on Roserade and Breloom to some extent, but I'm not sure this role is suited for him. First off, anything with taunt (Azelf, for example) might ruin it. Secondly, it takes two turns to get his Sp.Atk to a decent level, since it's such a crappy base stat.

I'd suggest swapping Hypno for another TR lead. Bronzong could actually work with SR, TR, Explosion, and filler. A more offensive approach could be to use Gallade with TR, CC, shadow sneak, and destiny bond or leaf blade (bye bye Swampert, and go go Aggron).
Another useful option is having a lead with both TR and U-turn, allowing you to switch to a good counter (and hurting Azelf pretty badly at the same time). Unfortunately, the slowest poke with both TR and U-turn is Mesprit (80 base speed), but it could be quite decent.

I hope I haven't been to random with my suggestions, but the best option in my opinion is Gallade, for removing Swampert immediately.

The only change that I agree with Sheshi on is the Bronzong suggestion, SR assists a lot of KOs, especially in a team of hard hitters like this.
Leave ScarfMence though, he didn't understand that you need a fast guy once TR wears off for revenge kills.
On Aggron you should switch fire punch for aqual tail for it could score you a 2HKO on bulky grounds with some prior damage. Fire punch's use can be covered by Head smash and EQ, with alittle less accuracy reliancy.
Good team

I would agree with Sheshi on Protect on your Usaring. But I would recommend it over EQ. It doesnt hit Brongzong or Skarm so what does it do? Besides hit the occaisonall E-Vire or Empoleon. Heatran, Jirachi, Lucario all die to Aggron already. Protect allows for scouting and guaranteed FO activation.

First off ill start by saying, finally a fellow trickroom-er. Now onto the rate, I agree Protect on Usaring. LO on Aggron works wonders also I what are you going to do after trick room is over on Aggron? You have to go back to our trickroom-er and then the opp. rapes you. i would say get rid of either Ipunch or Fpunch and add rock polish. Sounds stupid but it's not in a trickroom take time to set up as well as attack since you're limited to at max 4 turns (after the setup/switch) and its really easy to protect stall untill TR is over rock polish on the last or last 2 turns then when TR is over Aggron is ready for after TR rape.
(pedo-bear FTW)

I would agree with Sheshi on Protect on your Usaring. But I would recommend it over EQ. It doesnt hit Brongzong or Skarm so what does it do? Besides hit the occaisonall E-Vire or Empoleon. Heatran, Jirachi, Lucario all die to Aggron already. Protect allows for scouting and guaranteed FO activation.

Jirachi and Metagross are two of the few pokemon that aren't 2HKO'd by Head Smash and Lucario has a 4x resist to it. I'm not switching out while TR is up to another sweeper just to waste a turn when I could demolish everything with EQ. EVire is also OHKO'd by a Facade so why would I use EQ on it when Facade has more base power anyway? 210 > 200.

I tested the Zong lead on shoddy and it got me to 15-5, decent for TR, but when I switched back to Hypno I got 16-4, I dunno maybe because everyone has a plan for Zong as a lead and don't for Hypno. Also switching Fire Punch to Aqua Tail on Aggron, and starting to test the RP Aggron now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)