Not open for further replies.

General Smogon Rules
Sign-up Thread
1st Round
2nd Round
3rd Round
4th Round
Semi Finals

This tournament is an experiment and an investigation into the effect an "obvious" Uber pokemon will have on the current OU metagame. This is particularly interesting as most of the "obvious" Ubers such as Mewtwo, Kyogre and Darkrai are only countered by Pokemon in OU and the tiers below it. This tournament tests your knowledge and team building - how to abuse the Uber but also how to counter them with your team.

Each round iKitsune will select an "obvious" Uber pokemon to be included. You do not need to use that pokemon in your team but I assume most of you will. In the subsequent rounds iKitsune will pick a different uber pokemon but only one Uber will be allowed each round.

Battle Rules
Evasion Clause
Sleep Clause
OHKO Clause
Self-KO Clause
Species Clause
Timed Battle

Congratulations to SevveN and reachzero for making it this far, the Uber for this round is:

Lugia

Pairings

SevveN vs reachzero

Congratulations to reachzero on winning the Uber Inclusion Tournament!

Thanks Dragonknight! for the awesome banner.

Blackhawk11

one on one
If SevveN doesn't win this I'm going to be upset!

EDIT:
undisput3d said:
SevveN was nothing short of impressive when i played him, so i think this will be a closer match than most people think.
Agreed. Don't think he's just some random. The kid knows how to play the game.

Reach is the better player here, but Sevven made it this far. Gl to both, on congrats for making it to the finals.

well, reach is really good at ou and ubers so it would be hard to predict him not to win. SevveN was nothing short of impressive when i played him, so i think this will be a closer match than most people think.

I've been secretly rooting for Reach all through this tourney O_O. Lugia will be interesting i wonder how they will adapt to its fearsome walling ability.

It would be great if the players could notify those on the tourney staff or those capable of recording when the match will get done so we can get the battle recorded. Other than that can the time of the battle be posted in the op so that i and others may watch it.

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
Both are great players I'd imagine, but I haven't seen SevenN play. I've had firsthand experience against Reachzero in OU on multiple occasions, and he always provides a challenge. Go REACHZERO!

locopoke

Banned deucer.
reachzero wins obv unless he gets bs'd out of a win

post when you guys are gonna do it so i can record for the toob

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Uh-oh, Lugia as the finals was not necessarily what I was hoping for....to be honest, this isn't going to be so easy to think through, and I'm looking forward to seeing what our teams look like! May it be a good, clean game with little or no hax!

Edit: Okay, I have my team ready, so I'm prepared whenever SevveN is!

Uh-oh, Lugia as the finals was not necessarily what I was hoping for....to be honest, this isn't going to be so easy to think through, and I'm looking forward to seeing what our teams look like! May it be a good, clean game with little or no hax!

This summed up anything I'd say. I don't have a team just yet, I've been quite busy lately so I'll get to work on that tomorrow night and we should be able to get this done sometime during the week. Good luck reach! Also, I'd also like to thank iKitsune and Earthworm for running this tourney,it's been really challenging and extremely enjoyable.

Reach beat me all the way back in Round 1, and I was rooting for him the whole time. So win this Reachzero!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)